Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
tfw an ipod from 2006 with an aux cable destroys the current lineup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i thought no one would buy the apple watch because it was terribly ugly, but they did

airpods look like tampons poking out of your ears but hey apparently the market will tolerate any amount of stupid

so, you have no idea what a tampon looks like then

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

imo, airpods look cool and iwatch is fine, maybe lacking in purpose

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I like the Apple Watch, because I like wearing watches and I like knowing what time it is. I also like my AirPods, because i like listening to music and also not having to plug any cables in to do it.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

*in 20 years*

"Apple popularized wearing wristwatches."

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
homepodOS

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

HomOS

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

zen death robot posted:

alexa sucks and hompod will too

I mean it will have Siri on it so that's a given.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
i like the idea of some mix between a landline and a phone where you just talk, but the emphasis on siri sounds like it'll just gently caress it up something fierce

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I like the Apple Watch, because I like wearing watches and I like knowing what time it is. I also like my AirPods, because i like listening to music and also not having to plug any cables in to do it.

you know what else satisfies "wearing a watch and knowing what time it is?"

a non-smart watch

shocking but true.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Wheany posted:

you know what else satisfies "wearing a watch and knowing what time it is?"

a non-smart watch

shocking but true.

yeah, I have some of those

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

nobody gives a poo poo about homepod, so I think they're okay

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/kyalbr/status/931591508926529536

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

KyloWinter posted:

its been all downhill since soundjam mp

fact, and specifically the classic version, when they went carbon it all went to poo poo.

coke
Jul 12, 2009

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

what am i looking at

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I checked very hard, I don't see any penises in the reflection though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

WilWheaton posted:

sounds like you werent checking hard enough

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

WilWheaton posted:

turn your monitor off

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

what am i looking at

the sort of manufacturing defect seven p. jobs would have razed longhua over

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

infernal machines posted:

the sort of manufacturing defect seven p. jobs would have razed longhua over

where[s the defect

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

looks like the rubber/plastic is pinched slightly towards the bottom of the spacer

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

idk if thet's what the photo is mean to show but if i spend twelve hundred earth dollars on a telephone, i'd be pissed about sloppy workmanship

pram
Jun 10, 2001
:shepface:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Last Chance posted:

where[s the defect
its u

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

idk if thet's what the photo is mean to show but if i spend twelve hundred earth dollars on a telephone, i'd be pissed about sloppy workmanship

Apple themselves are the ones who act all insufferable about how great their manufacturing is and their design and blah blah, I’m like bitch if it lets me instagram my dick to fitness models I’m fine

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Apple themselves are the ones who act all insufferable about how great their manufacturing is and their design and blah blah, I’m like bitch if it lets me instagram my dick to fitness models I’m fine

the only reason youre instagramming your dick to people is because apple pushed engineering and designed smartphones usable enough for even the dullest blade in the set to use

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

you must be happy that iPhone X has optical zoom

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Soricidus posted:

you must be happy that iPhone X has optical zoom

ain't an electron microscope brah

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
is john fireball still trying to pivot to being a youtuber just so he can still get new iPhones a week before everybody else?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

turn your monitor off

lmao

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Doc Block posted:

is john fireball still trying to pivot to being a youtuber just so he can still get new iPhones a week before everybody else?
don't think so, but in his last podcast he MADE IT VERY CLEAR that aaron swartz was NOT a co-creator of markdown but merely GAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

blugu64 posted:

fact, and specifically the classic version, when they went carbon it all went to poo poo.

and that carbon app became... iTunes

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Linguica posted:

don't think so, but in his last podcast he MADE IT VERY CLEAR that aaron swartz was NOT a co-creator of markdown but merely GAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS

isn't markdown just a small set of BBcode type tags and some scripts to parse them?

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Linguica posted:

amusingly, this was the extent of gruber's involvement in vesper as well

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
he was more of an ideas guy

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

DuckConference posted:

isn't markdown just a small set of BBcode type tags and some scripts to parse them?

nah it’s more like wiki markup

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

foxconn used illegal student labour to try to meet apple's iphone x production goals

apple: it's fine, those students volunteered to be there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

:tif: