Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
doesnt pass the eyeball test imo, dude's fishier than Borrachinha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[Stefan Struve collapses in on himself like a black hole being formed out of a Dutchman after getting clipped by the 537th ranked heavyweight, Glundy Clorbo]

DANIEL CORMIER: Oh! That's a bad knock out; that's a bad loss, Joe. That's the kind that sticks with you. He might have to marry Travis Browne after that one.

lol

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
There gonna be a gameday thread for UFC Fight Night: Down Under(whelming)?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hopefully one that gives Bec Rawlings the spotlight over the horrible trashweight fight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

mewse posted:

Who the fook was that guy

no idea but they're banned for trying to bypass a 100000 hour probation so whoever that is

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Was it mobn? Is mobn banned? The furious pace of unfunny posting and consistent schtick seemed mobny.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I forget what mobn's rereg username was but that probably wasn't him

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Mobn re-regged ages ago and became a completely inoffensive, normal poster that I was genuinely surprised to learn was Mobn.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Lid posted:

no idea but they're banned for trying to bypass a 100000 hour probation so whoever that is

They couldn't just wait 12 years? Geez, how impatient

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

mobn was LeftistMuslimObama and she was an ok poster until she got outed as mobn then people gave her poo poo until she left again

yes, she.

The most recent 100k probs can find
https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=111729

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=119974

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=127260

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=114005

Maybe this guy? https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=75536

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

What was dudes' name? Super Sexy Big Boy Body Gold Man?

I think it was Platinum Mike.

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp
Last time we started up a mobn convo we started gettin probations...I'm thinkin we should change topics before they start up again. Is there gdt for todays event yet?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

pepperchomp posted:

Last time we started up a mobn convo we started gettin probations...I'm thinkin we should change topics before they start up again. Is there gdt for todays event yet?

no

you should make one

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

LobsterMobster posted:

no

you should make one

I began to make it, then realized I haven't a vaguest idea who over half these people are.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Captain Log posted:

I began to make it, then realized I haven't a vaguest idea who over half these people are.

That would give you more time to work on the official snack rating for the event, then.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Joe Rogan politely but forcefully suggesting that Brendan Schaub should marry Travis Browne with video breakdown

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i think you'd be surprised by how i'd do against cain

i think you'd loving marry travis brown

here's a gdt https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841073

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Dogbrisket posted:

Same. gently caress Joanna

I don’t want to be that harsh since I’ve been a long time fan. Her whole vicious intense beast woman thing didn’t hold up though. She’s hard to take completely seriously with how she has handled the post loss stuff. Better than making GBS threads in the woods and turd marrying but still lame.

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[Stefan Struve collapses in on himself like a black hole being formed out of a Dutchman after getting clipped by the 537th ranked heavyweight, Glundy Clorbo]

DANIEL CORMIER: Oh! That's a bad knock out; that's a bad loss, Joe. That's the kind that sticks with you. He might have to marry Travis Browne after that one.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Joe Rogan politely but forcefully suggesting that Brendan Schaub should marry Travis Browne with video breakdown

Marching Powder posted:

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GSP: There are three things that excite me: dinosaurs of course, the violence of the Octagon, and the prospect of having Travis Browne's babies.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Kilometers Davis posted:

I don’t want to be that harsh since I’ve been a long time fan. Her whole vicious intense beast woman thing didn’t hold up though. She’s hard to take completely seriously with how she has handled the post loss stuff. Better than making GBS threads in the woods and turd marrying but still lame.

How has she been lame since losing? Everyone gets sparked eventually.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Marching Powder posted:

Jerusalem posted:

GSP: There are three things that excite me: dinosaurs of course, the violence of the Octagon, and the prospect of having Travis Browne's babies.

lmao

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Captain Log posted:

How has she been lame since losing? Everyone gets sparked eventually.

In line with her usual demeanor she shouldn’t have gone down the “I didn’t tap” and “the belt is always mine!” route. Comes off as whiny :shrug:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I thought she's been pretty good, seemed to be facing the loss pretty straight up :shrug: I figured the whole "still champ" thing is just part of the insane self belienf all those fighters have. It's what every single fighter says after they lose their title.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
Yeah, a lot of guys who have never even been champ seem to also think of themselves as always and already the champ, so I think it's pretty normal for recently beaten champions to not want to internally demote themselves until they go full Hendricks.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Aldo has been weirdly calm about both his title losses. The interview where he said Frankie deserved a shot at Holloway more than he did was something I’ve never seen before.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Aldo has been weirdly calm about both his title losses. The interview where he said Frankie deserved a shot at Holloway more than he did was something I’ve never seen before.

hughes to me is the all time strangest on this. so calm when he lost

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Marching Powder posted:

Mobn re-regged ages ago and became a completely inoffensive, normal poster that I was genuinely surprised to learn was Mobn.

Mobn......changed

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i wonder what his 350 pound (yes, he gave her weight as that) wife thought of that. and if the pimple on his leg has killed him yet.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Neurosis posted:

i wonder what his 350 pound (yes, he gave her weight as that) wife thought of that. and if the pimple on his leg has killed him yet.

Nobody cares and it's irrelevant to discussing UFC.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Fat Twitter Man posted:

it takes all kinds. i personally believe that the cream rises to the top

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Aldo was quietly the best champ the whole time.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I have never failed to laugh at the pretend heavyweight fighter names in these threads.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Neodoomium posted:

I have never failed to laugh at the pretend heavyweight fighter names in these threads.

they're all just star wars character names

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Jimmy Scrambles

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

I won't believe it until the champ is Jizz-Box

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LobsterMobster posted:

Isn't it Wayne Gretzky, or whoever Wayne Gretzky is now, who regularly swings by the people with funny names thread to drop an outrageous fake name, and it mostly flies under the radar unril somebody notices and compiles a list which always looks like

quote:

There was a guy in my platoon named Christmas Nascar

and

quote:

I worked with a woman named Bunion Lutefisk

and so on? I always liked that bit.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

j-ru, please make this the new background for RR

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/status/932098913997344768

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
nice .. kindof reminds me of a computer programmer seeing him pose like that with the keyboard, printer etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i like how all the comments are just dudes being gay at him

• Locked thread