Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

We had a thread for this but it...got locked, oops. Let's try this again.

What Is This?
We're coming up on the end of the racing season, which means we'll be looking for something to do during the dark ages of late November-late January when racing doesn't happen.

In 2012 or 2013, we set up our own Synchtube channel, which migrated over to CyTube, to gather and watch old racing and other miscellaneous fun stuff like The Darts. Think PSP.tv, just for auto racing instead of wrasslin'. The channel got popular enough that we made it a regular offseason thing and it expanded into a year-round hangout as well. The name, Winter Heat, is a nod to ESPN's actual Winter racing programming in the 1990s.

What Do We Watch In Winter Heat?
-NASCAR
-ARCA
-IndyCar/IRL/CART
-Dirt track racin' (WoO, etc.)
-Local racing action
-Trailer/Figure 8 racing
-NHRA
-Racing documentaries
-Demolition derbies
-Power Wheels demolition derbies
-Extreme Barbie Power Wheels Downhill Racing
-Other randomness people post

There's no real schedule, so look for the thread to be bumped for potential programming! I'd considered putting together a weekly playlist series like MassRafTer does with WCW in the MARK BLOCK PARTY, but then I got another job and...am too lazy. If somebody else wants to take the point (VikingSkull's Dirt Track Corner?), go for it and post the details.

Twitch
We also had longtime racing goon financially racist (formerly cannotfindserver) who did a Twitch stream of NASCAR Dirt to Daytona and NASCAR Thunder 2003 one time and it was fun to watch, so he's apparently going to do that again.

quote:

tentative starting schedule (pacific times): monday 3:30, tuesday 4:45, friday 1:30, sunday noon. stream will end when i feel like it.

Wait, Power Wheels demolition derbies? Get the gently caress out of here.

County fair sanctioned child abuse for the win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH8U8uJ76eU

Sounds Awesome. Where Do I Go?
-PP14/Algebra Testes' CyTube channel (Primary): https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat
-CFS/financially racist's Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/cubivoresa

What does DIRT stand for?
You're just going to have to come in, aren't you?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'll try to show up sometime.

Probably when I'm not watching hockey.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

One night we did PYF Crashes and that ruled. Wanna do that again sometime.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

One night we did PYF Crashes and that ruled. Wanna do that again sometime.

PYF Crashes sounds good.

Short Track Extravaganza sounds Good and Fun as well.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nothing but Denny wrecking Chase on repeat :allears:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

iospace posted:

Nothing but Denny wrecking Chase on repeat :allears:

I would be interested in having a "they race those??" competition in which we try to find the most ridiculous things that people race in/against and enjoying all the hilarity that ensues.

I'd post an example, but I'm saving all my good poo poo for game day.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

WindyMan posted:

I would be interested in having a "they race those??" competition in which we try to find the most ridiculous things that people race in/against and enjoying all the hilarity that ensues.

I'd post an example, but I'm saving all my good poo poo for game day.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Wait, Power Wheels demolition derbies? Get the gently caress out of here.

County fair sanctioned child abuse for the win!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH8U8uJ76eU

Didn't somebody find an indoor mini-stock car series, though? We had one video and they were on what reminded me of a roller derby track and it looked awesome.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

CBJSprague24 posted:

Didn't somebody find an indoor mini-stock car series, though? We had one video and they were on what reminded me of a roller derby track and it looked awesome.

Arena Racing USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXi7ibMh1uA

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:getin:

The suggested videos reminded me SST exists and we need to watch that. Also, FE because I also forget it exists.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

twitch.tv/cannotfindserver

i'll start streaming nt2003 tonight at around 4:45pm pacific time/7:45 eastern, will prolly do the first two, maybe three races. tentative starting schedule (pacific times): monday 3:30, tuesday 4:45, friday 1:30, sunday noon. stream will end when i feel like it.

i need driver and team name suggestions

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

financially racist posted:

Playoff Elliot.

(It's not the Chase anymore)

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

twitch.tv/cannotfindserver

i'll start streaming nt2003 tonight at around 4:45pm pacific time/7:45 eastern, will prolly do the first two, maybe three races. tentative starting schedule (pacific times): monday 3:30, tuesday 4:45, friday 1:30, sunday noon. stream will end when i feel like it.

Chokes Elliott, Institute for Speed In Sports.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

CFS starts his team- now on Twitch!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

streaming nt2003 again, prolly do two or three races then might switch to kerbal

http://twitch.tv/cannotfindserver

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 17, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gonna stream some more starting now. we've got dover (gonna be rough) and then a gauntles of tracks i am cautiously optimistic about running well at. come chat about nascar poo poo from 15 years ago watch!

https://www.twitch.tv/cannotfindserver

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

aaaand gonna stream a bit more now that i've exhausted my ability to stare at data analysis for the day. gauntlet of really awful tracks coming up so come watch me do horribly.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

aaaand gonna stream a bit more now that i've exhausted my ability to stare at data analysis for the day. gauntlet of really awful tracks coming up so come watch me do horribly.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

https://clips.twitch.tv/RichInquisitivePeafowlOhMyDog

e: also this

https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyPatientTrayKappaRoss

i am prolly gonna start editing and uploading the races to youtube, cutting out boring segments and aiming for a video time of around 5 minutes a race. also sorry about the mic clipping, i did a quick check of my audio before and it sounded fine through my phone, will fix the levels before i stream later today.

p.s. after i win the winston cup in nt2003 i'ma move to a new nascar game. so here are the ones that i own and can capture (i also have 08, 09 and 11 but no hdmi capture device, also those games are fuckawful anyway, especially 08 which might legit be the worst racing game i've ever played, nascar or otherwise). i'll just take votes as to which i'll do next. also lmfao i forgot elliot fuckin sadler was on the cover for 07 holy lol why

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Nov 19, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gonna stream for a while starting now. i conquered the demon that is dover off-stream (will upload to youtube later). so now we move on to a string of tracks we should actually be competitive at. also i found of you can finally change your twitch name so i went ahead and did that, so the new link is here:

https://www.twitch.tv/cubivoresa

i may end the first season tonight, we'll see how long i feel like going for.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
We need to watch Geoff Bodines bobsledding specials when I get back home

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 22, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

streaming again starting now, starting at atlanta and going to at least talladega this time.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i realized tonight that i had been making a huge error in my setups and i think i am actually gonna restart the career mode now that i have that knowledge. we're only a few races in to season 2 so no huge loss.

alternative possibility: dirt to daytona career mode

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What was the error?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

i realized tonight that i had been making a huge error in my setups and i think i am actually gonna restart the career mode now that i have that knowledge. we're only a few races in to season 2 so no huge loss.

alternative possibility: dirt to daytona career mode

Do Thunder 2003 so we can see how the setups work out and go to Dirt to Daytona once you accomplish what you want with Thunder.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iospace posted:

What was the error?

i should have had the cars way way way looser. i took the setup screen at face value when it was saying the cars were already really loose but in actuality they were way tight; i figured that was just because i had bad equipment and that was the grip limit, as the car would eventually break sideways if i pushed too hard in the turns.

i cut off half a second at atlanta just by taking out tons of wedge, for example.

e: after further testing, yeah, gonna start over, holy crap i could have been having such better races this whole time and i feel real dumb.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Nov 22, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ok, new revamped career mode starts now. i am gonna do all the races without yellow flag manipulation this time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

ok, new revamped career mode starts now. i am gonna do all the races without yellow flag manipulation this time.

So no pushing Kyle into the pit entrance at Martinsville?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i mean if i'm beside like, todd bodine or someone i hate as much as him i might not be able to resist the urge tbh

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

i mean if i'm beside like, todd bodine or someone i hate as much as him i might not be able to resist the urge tbh

What about Frank Kimmel?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Twitch is filtered at work for bandwidth. :(

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

go bitch at your it department and tell them to stop being stingy assholes about their precious bandwidth imo.

anyway i'm streaming again, stopped for a bit due to a request to play morrowind (and how could i ever say no to morrowind?). we had a really great start to the season at daytona, hoping to keep it up at rockingham but not holding my breath.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How did you finish at Daytona?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

1st place like the ace pro that i am. we also had a second at atlanta, though not entirely due to merit.

i have been running top 20 consistently so far, though mistakes and bad pit crew is making me not consistently finish top 20.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gently caress thanksgiving gatherings, i'ma stream some nascar thunder 2003 instead

texas, then martinsville, and then talladega. may stop after dega, or maybe not, we'll see how i feel.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

streaming again starting now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

been super busy with college so now it's time to relax with some nascar thunder 2003

wait the next race is dover...welp

also since this quarter of college is done now, i'm gonna start editing the broadcasts and uploading them to youtube

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

been super busy with college so now it's time to relax with some nascar thunder 2003

wait the next race is dover...welp

also since this quarter of college is done now, i'm gonna start editing the broadcasts and uploading them to youtube

I'm out doing family stuff but will tune in later if you're on.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gonna stream for a while again

also, here is the first edited video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFXt9Z11BvY

i'll be adding the videos to this playlist as i get them edited down

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLScFGhRFqDumPYtfUtMy1xRtRmk2L_tNr

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Coming Soon: ARCA Night in....India?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

PP14. There is a The Darts game show. :getin:

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Coming Soon: ARCA Night in....India?

Do go on.

• Locked thread