Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Tough break for the big guy. Talk poo poo, get hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Skippy Granola posted:

Tough break for the big guy. Talk poo poo, get hit.

Well... more like grind teeth and get handsy, get hit. But I think your version sounds better.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I actually had a nightmare about that hands-creature :ohdear: Am I participating in the LP? :haw:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Rappaport posted:

I actually had a nightmare about that hands-creature :ohdear: Am I participating in the LP? :haw:

The best way to learn is with a hands-on approach.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Rappaport posted:

I actually had a Little nightmare about that hands-creature :ohdear: Am I participating in the LP? :haw:

Come on man, you were so close to the joke!

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

That nightmare was no joke, sir :colbert:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Something, something; a joke about 'A Farewell to Arms'.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
Jesus, this game is genuinely unnerving. I can't decide if the subtitles make it less scary or more, because I worry about Six more now they're a bit more... characterised.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The subtitles add so much to this game that at this point, I can't imagine playing it without them.

That...thing is insanely creepy; I actually got the impression throughout the video that there was more than one, but maybe I was wrong and the area is just constructed so it can easily get around?

There's an achievement for destroying all the statues, isn't there?

Edit: Also, I was genuinely curious as to why shoes were such a constant theme of the subtitles and the shoe pit (and shark) was a great payoff for a very lowkey joke.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
The shoes and especially the shoes room are unsettling as all heck. I don't know anything about this game, but I can't not read it as a historical reference. The game is definitely hitting all the right (wrong?) notes.

The commentary is great. You add character to the calmer moments and additional terror to scares really well!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, what the hell was up with the shoes room? Freakin' shoe sharks. I thought they went extinct.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
Thank you one and all once again for your kind words, puns and your very own nightmares. How lovely. You are of course free to participate in this Let's Play in whatever way you wish. Unnerving experiences are something of the theme of this month. Though for the sake of your sleep schedule I do also accept fan art.

I am currently recording and editing the first explanation videos. The first will be a collection of 4. A small taste of the overall topic. I've certainly had great fun picking tracks from the Little Nightmares OST to go along with it. I'll serve them to you as they're finished. Fresh and hot from the kitchen. Once they're done I'll begin work on Six's next big adventure

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Once they're done I'll begin work on Six's next big adventure

Man, I'm not sure I want to know where she's going next. On top of all the overtly creepy stuff, knowing that there's a security room in the lair of a blind creature is SUPER unnerving and I'm guessing it's just going to get worse.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Man, I'm not sure I want to know where she's going next. On top of all the overtly creepy stuff, knowing that there's a security room in the lair of a blind creature is SUPER unnerving and I'm guessing it's just going to get worse.

Worse... or better?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

azren posted:

Worse... or better?

Yes

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

azren posted:

Worse... or better?

I don't know what's going on here but I'm sure I don't like it

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Not quite a full update. But the first of the batch of four explanation videos. I hope it is to your tastes.

Be careful of :siren:spoilers:siren: should you go to the website mentioned friends.

This isn't a style of video making I've done much of, so it took me longer than I thought it would. I had hoped that I would have the next full episode out before Halloween, but with the length of time they take to make... Well it's looking unlikely. Other priorities took precedent . On the plus side, I have found a new place to live, I even think Six would like it. I'm not going to be moving any time soon, but it does free up my time to do other things like video making.

Anyway. Let me know your thoughts on the topics raised. I'm interested to hear your opinions. I find like onions they have many layers.

JohnOfOrdo3 fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Nov 4, 2017

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Be careful of :siren:spoilers:siren: should you go to the website mentioned friends.

Could you please change the link from a direct youtube link to a polsy.org.uk link? The related videos shown at the end have spoilery images or titles. Polsy gets rid of those

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Not quite a full update. But the first of the batch of four explanation videos. I hope it is to your tastes.

Really awesome video and thank you for doing it however, when or if you do another info video could you tone down the background music as it is a little loud over your voice and it can make it hard to hear what you are saying at times.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Could you please change the link from a direct youtube link to a polsy.org.uk link? The related videos shown at the end have spoilery images or titles. Polsy gets rid of those

Done and done

koolkevz666 posted:

Really awesome video and thank you for doing it however, when or if you do another info video could you tone down the background music as it is a little loud over your voice and it can make it hard to hear what you are saying at times.

Will do. It was mentioned to me, but I thought it was okay. I'll fix the sound tomorrow and reupload it. Watch this space

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, having that kind of second-person control pointing the raincoat hood around has made for some nice moments, and I look forward to more.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal
This is a cool extra, yeah. Good luck fitting the next normal episode in around your schedule!

Glazius posted:

Yeah, having that kind of second-person control pointing the raincoat hood around has made for some nice moments, and I look forward to more.

This aspect of the narrative has been really cool. Have you considered sending Tarsier an e-mail asking them if there's any way to lock the camera? If there was some way to hold the camera with some sort of key press while still pushing the camera-move keys to make Six think the camera is moving, it would look even better - you'd basically be straight-up telling Six where to look. It's not outside the realm of possibility that the devs might have that and be willing to tell you about it.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

WFGuy posted:

This is a cool extra, yeah. Good luck fitting the next normal episode in around your schedule!

This aspect of the narrative has been really cool. Have you considered sending Tarsier an e-mail asking them if there's any way to lock the camera? If there was some way to hold the camera with some sort of key press while still pushing the camera-move keys to make Six think the camera is moving, it would look even better - you'd basically be straight-up telling Six where to look. It's not outside the realm of possibility that the devs might have that and be willing to tell you about it.

Interesting idea. So just link Six's head movements in there without it affecting the camera. I like the idea! I may just do this.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Very nice video. I'm continuing to love these, and I'm sorry there probably won't be another one for a week or more, but I'm glad you found a place! Moving's a bitch.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Hello everyone. Quick update, but sadly not an update updated.

I'm talked with the fine folks at Tarsier studios and they have sadly informed me there's no way to lock the camera on command and just have Six nodding. Which is a shame, but they seem to like my video so that's nice. Also not going to make that Halloween deadline like I wanted. I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll get a video out to you all as soon as I can.

Peace

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Hello everyone. Quick update, but sadly not an update updated.

I'm talked with the fine folks at Tarsier studios and they have sadly informed me there's no way to lock the camera on command and just have Six nodding. Which is a shame, but they seem to like my video so that's nice. Also not going to make that Halloween deadline like I wanted. I hope you all have a great weekend and I'll get a video out to you all as soon as I can.

Peace

Aww a shame but not a terrible problem and no worry about the deadline you take it easy and we shall look forward to whenever the next update is posted.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Don't worry about "deadlines." As someone who's doing an LP myself, beating yourself up over not getting your episodes ready "on time" is a surefire way to remove a lot of the fun from the LP.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Hello all, just a quick video exploring our favourite little friends. The Nomes.

I've also finally got around to correcting the audio for the Six video, so I'll post that here too. The next episode is well under way. But I may take a little time to finish off the other two explanation videos I promised first. Since they're reasonably short. In other news, the next episode of the DLC is due to be released soon. While there's no concrete date, my gut tells me it'll probably be the 10 of November. Plus this is the area where we may learn more about the Nomes, I cannot wait!

Both of these videos have now been added to the OP. Since I forgot to do that at the start. I've also put up some of the art I've been meaning to show you all just under the OP in our new Artwork and Extras segment. I'll be filling this up and refining it as we go. Otherwise, enjoy your weekends!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Personally I think the Nomes are a type of mushroom and they just floated in from somwhere or from somthing. Maybe we'll find out later.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Hello everyone. For those interested my prediction was correct. The second of three DLCs has been released today for Little Nightmares. What fun!

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

Hello everyone. For those interested my prediction was correct. The second of three DLCs has been released today for Little Nightmares. What fun!

ETA on the next update? I need my fix.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Aumanor posted:

ETA on the next update? I need my fix.

There's about twenty minutes of subtitles left to do on the newest episode. Working as quickly as I can on it. House stuff came up which took priority.

To be honest that's likely to keep happening. So bear with me, I'll let you know when it's done, but for right now... I'm guessing a week at least.

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

For those of you awaiting an update. Five minutes of subtitles left to do. Not bad when I've had about 300 pages of legal papers and searches to read through as well. Hopefully have the next episode up by Sunday. Barring any last minute incidents.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
What an interesting and creepy game, following a little girl(maybe) around a weird world.

The game does a great job foreshadowing things... Shoes of uneven sizes everywhere, glimpsing your first thing (I'm going to call them Giants) in the darkness of the prison orphanage, then the tall room with the short bed... I wonder why it had straps? Maybe the blind giant had problems with it's arms in bed. Well, that problem took care of itself.

At first, I found myself wondering if Six was the real 'monster' - some kind of gnome or elf that sneaks into houses and steals their cans while the owners are asleep.

Then we got the prison-orphanage, and you wonder if it's distorted memories of a child. Everything seeming bigger, the orphanage keeper mostly remembered for face and hands, a playroom you weren't allowed to leave...

And then we find the child-packaging-plant and if that's a metaphor for something, it's something just as bad as the apparent reality.

What do they need so many children for? Do they eat them? It seems inefficient, unless children are a delicacy for singing royalty in pink rooms.

The hanged man seemed to have human proportions, unless I'm misremembering. Was he a human adult, tasked to take care of the kids until it was harvest time, and he couldn't continue anymore? The toys were human-sized too. And even if they're naked, blackened and without blankets, for some reason they also have a playroom. Do happy children taste better?

What's with the eye-security? Does it turn the kids it sees to stone or something? They almost look like they're partly surrounded in salt, which made me think of the importance of not looking back when escaping from the underworld, or the results of the wrath of god.

So many shoes... They didn't look very new either. What happened for them to have so many shoes, seemingly dumped in the garbage for a dianoga to live in? How many giants are discarding shoes?

And finally, there's Six's home... Safe enough for her to have made a bed, her suitcase had pictures in it, she even had her shower... And we enter the orphanage by climbing a rope of knotted sheets. We went to so much trouble to escape, only to be sent right back in again.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

For those of you awaiting an update. Five minutes of subtitles left to do. Not bad when I've had about 300 pages of legal papers and searches to read through as well. Hopefully have the next episode up by Sunday. Barring any last minute incidents.

Thanks for your effort!

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

Thank you all for your patience.

Elfface posted:

What an interesting and creepy game, following a little girl(maybe) around a weird world.

I like your enthusiasm and you draw some interesting parallels. I especially like the link you've drawn between the eye security and and the Greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. Though I'd liken it more to a reverse Medusa, it looks at you and you turn to stone. Least I think it's stone, could well be salt. If so perhaps we'll find out what they use it all for.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Dear god... the Cooks. The heavy breathing, the movement, that shriek they make when they see you... the way they seem to be wearing their own faces... and that some of them just reach up in there to scratch :gonk: Such a well done design. All the designs in this game are nice that way; even when normal (which is seldom when it comes to the characters) it all seems slightly... off.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
The cooks remind me of Chaucer's cook preparing blancmange. :stonk:

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
That was horrifying, whoever designed those cooks did a great job the same with the uh Janitor? From earlier they all look horrifying and off putting and yet they don't look supernatural or fantastical just human but really really changed.

Once again incredible work with the subtitles and the camera movements as well as the extra personality you have given Six. I went and watched some regular let's play of the game just the starting area and it isn't the same as yours, far less entertaining. keep up the good work and look forward to the next video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, looks like they are wearing their 'face' like a mask, you saw that one guy stuffing meat under there. I wonder if we ever get to see what's under the mask - and whether I even want to know.