Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Sabreseven posted:

Put some bacon on top and it's the dish worthy of the gods tbh :)

It's more subtle if you use bacon fat for the batter. Helps with the crisp issue mentioned by Tophat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Edit: Wrong thread

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

cynic posted:

It's more subtle if you use bacon fat for the batter. Helps with the crisp issue mentioned by Tophat too.

Hmm, I'm hungry now for some reason :)

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Mr.Tophat posted:

Yorkshire puddings loving own. They are saucers for gravy and meat. They are divine.
Of course... Clue is right there in the name.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

You see if you consider having no direction, no plan, no goals and no destination to be "Trail Blazing" then they are in fact good things.

Sure you might be wandering into a million miles of wilderness with no supplies but if you tell everyone that you are blazing a trail then you are actually so admirable you are above all criticism.

The Titanic posted:

I actually think it’s partly that and partly the mentality that “suck my dick” is seen as a condescending comment. Obviously “suck my oval office” never really hit it off despite how hard Branson and his wife tried to make it a common household phrase.

Branson is probably having a meltdown somewhere that he tries to coin it but it failed.

That was my favorite part of the Brensen meltdown.

His wife was losing her mind for days and when she finally got a probation to cool down it happened to be when she said "Suck my oval office" so Benson thought we had a problem with them saying it and would put it in every message after that.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

cynic posted:

Ya

If I found bacon in my toad in the hole I'd be pissed off. I don't generally like bacon as it's just a sodium wafer. Use the fat to improve the batter for certain though.

Bacon with liver is amazing though and I will fight anyone who disagrees. Yes it's an old people food to eat but I don't care, it's dead cheap, filling, tasty and the bacon just dissolves in your mouth gently caress I need to buy some liver

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The Titanic posted:

These numbers, while humorous, probably don’t mean anything. Usually you buy more items that are normal sizes and significantly less for the outliers.

So it’s very possible to buy 200 S, 500 M, 1000 L, 750 XL, 150 XXL, 50 3XL, and maybe 20 4XL.

Your outliers will move slowly, but hopefully at the end you won’t be stuck with too much inventory that you take a big hit.

I know people want to imply “lol Citizens fat!” but it’s just probably not the case at all. Judging by toilet sitting Citizen, I’d wager he was a L or XL at biggest.

Not to worry Ben will buy any left over stock to hoard

Incitatus posted:

Then why do they have 40 XS shirts left.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:colbert:

How many t-shirts does Clifford AKA Miku really need?

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Mr.Tophat posted:

Ya

If I found bacon in my toad in the hole I'd be pissed off. I don't generally like bacon as it's just a sodium wafer. Use the fat to improve the batter for certain though.

Bacon with liver is amazing though and I will fight anyone who disagrees. Yes it's an old people food to eat but I don't care, it's dead cheap, filling, tasty and the bacon just dissolves in your mouth gently caress I need to buy some liver

Liver and kidneys are two organs I've never been able to stomach. And this is growing up in Scotland where they will use almost the entire animal in dishes (blood? stomach? deep fry it and I'm sure it will all end up fine!)

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Whenever someone tells me to suck their dick as an insult, I just think 'you wish'.

If you really want to upset someone, these days, just tell them that something they like or believe in sucks; even if you like or have no opinion on whatever it is. Either the slightest criticism of their choice will send them is a self owning defensive fury or they'll inch closer to the self defeating nihilism in which we all already wallow. :emo:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Gimme the liver

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

cynic posted:

Liver and kidneys are two organs I've never been able to stomach. And this is growing up in Scotland where they will use almost the entire animal in dishes (blood? stomach? deep fry it and I'm sure it will all end up fine!)

Liver has an odd texture to it and I completely understand

The key to making liver taste good is to slice it thinly, and to let it sit within a cooking pot of gravy for a long-rear end time

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Whenever someone tells me to suck their dick in an argument I momentarily think about building a life with them and tbh sometimes it makes me really sad to consider all the potential missed connections and opportunities that define our lives as much as the choices we do make.

The word "sweetbread" is first attested in the 16th century, but the etymology of the name is unclear. "Sweet" is perhaps used since the thymus is sweet and rich-tasting, as opposed to savory-tasting muscle flesh. "Bread" may come from brede, "roasted meat" or from the Old English brǣd ("flesh" or "meat").

Always wondered about that one.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Nov 19, 2017

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Not pictured: Oldman and Old Man

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Roflan posted:

Whenever someone tells me to suck their dick as an insult, I just think 'you wish'.

If you really want to upset someone, these days, just tell them that something they like or believe in sucks; even if you like or have no opinion on whatever it is. Either the slightest criticism of their choice will send them is a self owning defensive fury or they'll inch closer to the self defeating nihilism in which we all already wallow. :emo:
Your posting sucks.

Edit: suck my space oval office

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Roflan posted:

nice avatar, nice opinions

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/932352532721967104
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/932354546327732224
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/932355301290004481
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/932356056180772864
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/932357570731241472

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
Somehow somebody needs to cross the dick talk with the liver talk and get to slicing dicks thinly and “suck my liver”.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/932351304680267776
https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/867731394788720640

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The Titanic posted:

Somehow somebody needs to cross the dick talk with the liver talk and get to slicing dicks thinly and “suck my liver”.

Sounds like dinner tonight should be a little braided pork.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/932361070638800896

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

Yes, oval office seems to transcend some pretty big areas for some reason. It’s like the worst of the worst. Somebody will need to create some new insults that hurt all people because in general gay and lesbian is getting less of a derogatory thing (at least it was). Twat isn’t used much, at least not by me. I call dog vajayjays twats though so there’s that.

Somebody better get on new horrible insults ASAP.

Just wait until people in the US finally admit that there are markedly different income classes (instead of almost everybody believing they are "middle class") for the good insults to come out.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Well, I'm going to sleep now, so I'll be playing 3.0 before everyone else.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

#NotSandi

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

thatguy posted:

I just noticed Derek tweeted that Auschwitz shop I made and a bunch of people flipped out.
:lol:

Yeah, I just ignored those SJW twats. Like always.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

CIG are to an extent making Derek's involvement and blogs about Star Citizen redundant, as they consistently continue to demonstrate ineptness, incompetence and greed all on their own.

Yup, pretty much. In fact, I am still sitting on my CC2017 article and decided to wait until the post-anniversary gently caress-up so I don't have to do two articles.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Wuxi posted:

Not pictured: Oldman and Old Man

Pictured: olD Man

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Raskolnikov posted:

Your posting sucks.

Edit: suck my space oval office

YOU heard the lady!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

VictorianQueerLit posted:

You see if you consider having no direction, no plan, no goals and no destination to be "Trail Blazing" then they are in fact good things.

Sure you might be wandering into a million miles of wilderness with no supplies but if you tell everyone that you are blazing a trail then you are actually so admirable you are above all criticism.

That was my favorite part of the Brensen meltdown.

His wife was losing her mind for days and when she finally got a probation to cool down it happened to be when she said "Suck my oval office" so Benson thought we had a problem with them saying it and would put it in every message after that.

Speaking of, does anyone have that suck my oval office gif?.. the one with the crazy eyed old timey lady with a gun

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

why did anyone trust the guy who made wing commander to make a modern game?

did they think that just no game designer up to that point had thought to suggest making a space game with everything in it?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

juggalo baby coffin posted:

did they think that just no game designer up to that point had thought to suggest making a space game with everything in it?

Are you talking about Star Citizen or Freelancer.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Actually it's more like they wanted to show everyone how cool the water slide was going to look so they could sell more season tickets, so they threw together some plywood they found in the garage and piled it up into precarious 5 story behemoths that were in no way riveted together, showing off what the BDWSE would look like by making the piles look vaguely water-slide-shaped and painted to look real pretty.

After the cash rolled in they decided that instead of building the real water slides, they would make intricate CGI demos of what the water slides would be like and make commercials about the water slides and draw water slides and show everyone the pictures so they'd buy more tickets.

Then one day a ticket holder noticed that they'd spent several thousand dollars on tickets but still hadn't yet actually slid down one yet, so the water slide company figured SOMEONE should get to work on those slides so they sent a few guys over to the park to finish assembling the slides that were already precariously erected on the site, but because they weren't screwed together yet, whenever somebody went up to the top to start work on fastening everything together, it would fall down, and then they'd have to rebuild the whole thing all over again, and the guy running the operation demanded that nobody use any rivets or screws or bolts until all of the slides were put up so every time someone started trying to rivet the things together, they would just collapse again.

Soon, it was apparent that they would need a lot more people to hold up all the plywood to get it ready to be bolted together, but a lot of people decided not to stick around because they had degrees in engineering and dreams of building great water slides and all they were doing were drawing pictures of swimming trunks, and were appalled at the lovely management at the waterslide company, and plus a lot of the plywood that fell down ended up being damaged and they had to keep buying more, until suddenly someone looked around and said hey we don't have any money left because we spent it all on commercials CGI and broken plywood and we haven't even thought about how we're going to run water to the property, and build the pipes.

Somewhere along the line, someone bought advance tickets and he'd built some water slides in the past for very niche water slide enthusiasts, and looked at the progress that wasn't being made and said, "You know, I know a thing or two about water slides and I don't think they can pull this off," and the the CEO of the BDWSE spent hours yelling, "gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you you don't get to ride ANY of my water slides here's your money back," so that guy has spent 2 1/2 years standing outside the water park complex with a bullhorn yelling, "YOU'RE NEVER GETTING THIS poo poo BUILT," and meanwhile die hard fans of the water park who have been hit way too many times in the head by falling plywood have been chucking paper wads at him and built a rickety shack outside the waterpark where they put up a sign saying "THE GUY WITH BULLHORN IS A DOO DOO HEAD" and yelling about how great the waterpark is going to be while watching entire stacks of plywood collapse around them until the person who ran the shack decided to take the shack and go home and declare victory over the bullhorn man.

It's more like that.

ComfyPants fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 20, 2017

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

because of "charisma" apparently

and also most of the people still invested haven't played a videogame for decades

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

The Rabbi T. White posted:

This is really only the case in the US. Any of the Commonwealth countries don't care about it at all.

It's true. I thought SC was an acronym for Silly oval office.
Didn't I feel silly when I found out what it really meant.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

Are you talking about Star Citizen or Freelancer.

didnt microsoft have to buy the company that made freelancer in order for the game to get finished cause croberts ran it into the ground?

Pantsbird
Nov 12, 2017

by Lowtax

VictorianQueerLit posted:

I could almost understand that mentality if CiG was marching in a straight line. With no plan, and grande nerd money, they might end up somewhere nice by accident. Heck, even a random drunken walk would get them further away from their starting position.

Either case would be better than walking in circles, retracing steps. Using a rope to swing across a chasm, only to trek back around the long way so they can retrieve the rope, then head home to get a better rope. The rope is too heavy, so they brought a ladder. The ladder is too short to cross the chasm. Stopping frequently to meticulously etch pebbles into detailed, microscopic figures. This one is a whale, that one a turtle, and those thirty-seven are busts of the crew members on the ship you'll build after crossing the desert, to sail to El Dorado. The intrepid explorers start digging for the ores and the fuels that will make the sharper tools that will carve the even more lifelike figures, and for the gems that will bring them to life. The stones chip too easily, so the party moves on.

:eyepop:

Pantsbird fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 20, 2017

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

because of "charisma" apparently

and also most of the people still invested haven't played a videogame for decades

he has charisma!? he looks like the evil guy from harry potter who turns into a rat

here is croberts delivering 3.0

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

The Titanic posted:

I actually think it’s partly that and partly the mentality that “suck my dick” is seen as a condescending comment. Obviously “suck my oval office” never really hit it off despite how hard Branson and his wife tried to make it a common household phrase.

Branson is probably having a meltdown somewhere that he tries to coin it but it failed.

If he tells you to suck his oval office, does that mean hes trans? Transword maybe?

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Mr.Tophat posted:

Lambs Fry with bacon and a nice onion gravy. Bliss.
Lambs fry & Bacon Recipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

he has charisma!? he looks like the evil guy from harry potter who turns into a rat

here is croberts delivering 3.0

I can where one hand is, but where is the other one going?