Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Again about the Jew lie blog?

Gah, cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Look at your game, Chris.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpx4ODP35VQ

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Virtual Captain posted:

What the gently caress Haha

Star Citizen is basically prosperity theology.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Truga posted:

No you have your scripture all wrong. Jesus walked that part off just fine, he died a few days later, under the burden of ARE SINS

Look, man, nothing in the Bible says that he didn't poo poo his loincloth upon expiring before getting resurrected again. The absence of his release's evidence in the Bible is not the evidence of its absence.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling the same argument will be used for Star Citizen's 'release'?

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Nov 20, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
I was reading the Factorio blog:

Factorio Blog posted:

New people started joining our team and they didn't know the subtle things you needed to push to make it work and lot of new code was created with even more hacks. The GUI started to be a crazy complex beast. At that time, one of the new programmers wanted to fix some of the hacks. The result was, that he wanted to fix everything, and after 9 months of repeated inability to show anything, he was fired. After that time, GUI was considered even more scary.

Imagine if CIG adopted such a practice.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

We do crucify SC and it's idiotic prophets, and for good reason.

Are we now the Romans? Veni, Vidi, but then I mopped it up. :thumbsup:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Toblakai posted:

Well, Derek being CIG's nemesis gave them the perfect opportunity to paint themselves as a victim of some grand conspiracy, because of Derek's deserved reputation of being an obnoxious asshat, his shoddy planetside 2 clone and gewns.

Yeah his actions have brought CiG a ton of money. They should send him an anonymous thank you card when it's all over, for all the millions Ortwin has been able to squirrel away in offshore accounts.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Virtual Captain posted:

I was reading the Factorio blog:

Imagine if CIG adopted such a practice.

I love Factorio Friday blogs. They are hardcore.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. The Fourth Stimpire has origins from the Ten Empire War in which 10 of the United Stimpires revolted against each rules. All empires except for the fourth swore freedom upon their citizens. There is no free speech in the Fourth Stimpire, and all self-controlled transportation has been made illegal without undergoing painful medical verification methods, in which arteries are severed without pain resistant, operated entirely by machines. The way they work claim to be the most hygenic and healthy way possible, but these machines often rub against pain points, causing great deals of pain to patients. The heart is then extracted from the body and placed into a glass grinding machine. Various energy centers are also dissected and replaced with dangerous transplants. After the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will then have to use a fused guidance tool, which pumps painful resistors into the body every 2 hours. The pain they have caused is so bad, the victim would freeze in a tense position. They would then collapse afterwards.

Sexual stimulation in any way within the grounds of the Fourth Stimpire is strictly prohibited, and anyone detected even touching their sexual organs will be subjected to a penectomy or if the offender was a female, they would then have a razor inserted into their ovaries. They would pump a blue solution into the womb until the stitchings burst. Offenders would also be forced to show their operated areas in public, and they would always harass and punch them to a pulp, against their will. Otherwise, offenders would be tazed with the worst type of electricity in the systematic district, causing so much pain, the victim would scream and flail in madness. The pain would also triple every second, but no death would be incurred. This is also used in combat against enemy units, which is why all UEE forces must wear the upgraded suit to block this effect. However, enertainment is also questionable in UEE grounds. Sporting events end with the losing team being rounded into a grinder and shredded on live television, boxing matches end with the loser having their hands removed without anasthesia, flight races would end with the losers having their arms and legs removed, then being injected with insanity, for entertainment. People are also forced into these events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure which involves tweaking the muscles so they will not listen to brain commands, and then having a painful drug injected which also causes madness if the player is not sporting. This is all for entertainment, and anyone not watching any of it during sporting times and cheering for the winning team, they will be imprisoned into galactic camps. Snuff films are also broadcast, and actors are actually murdered just for entertainment. Stealth droids also guide these forced actors into behaving exactly as the director dreams, otherwise they will be punished by being placed into a macerator and having their execution written into the film. Any film that does not feature someone being murdered will be burned and the entire crew behind it will be executed in the most grotesque way possible - vivisection. All executions are broadcast, and anyone who misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. All citizens must boo to the person being executed, and the family is gathered to be injected with eternators, which cause pain forever, making them immoral but feeling the pain tenfold every millisecond. They cannot pass out, but they will feel like it forever. Conquests by this Stimpire end in the planet being razed, and all the citizens being executed in the same way as their citizens are. The planet is then destroyed and all remnants of it are removed, and any memories of it will be erased instantly from civil minds. People who are also killed are also erased from memories, and all memories of them, including toys and pictures, are destroyed.

Prisoners undergo 40,000 years of relentless and endless labor, and anyone not complying is sentenced to the eternator injection. All prisoners injected with eternators are placed into capsules and launched into far space, then the room is closed tight to ensure maximum insanity. Some prisoners are also subjected to the removal of blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, and even the injection of pressure. Prisoners sentenced to pressure chambers are locked in until they are inflated to a high level. The decompression is then stopped to make sure they are inflated and uncomfortable. Children born on the 14th of July are subjected to the removal of their skeleton and an implant of a silver liquid to replace it. The nervous sysem is also injected in various parts to ensure it is five times more sensitive than the average. Restaurants also are ordered to serve civil meat, and anyone attending must give themself up to be cooked into a grotesque meal. They are cooked alive, undergoing extreme pain, and are then subjected to industrial grinders and blenders. The Stimpire orders at least 1 million citizens to be dispatched every day, as they are afraid the population may overthrow them. But only one planet is cared for, and the rest are banned from eating, drinking, talking, using technology, touching anyone, wearing unauthorized clothes, touching buildings, or walking a centimeter out of designated routes. Civil enforcers are on every planet, and they are engineered so that they are 40 times larger than the 300 quadrillion population. At least 7 billion die every 12 hours under this rule. Thoughts are also surveyed, and anyone who does not think anything to loving the Stimpire with more than their capabilities will be sentenced to a prison. Prisoners who are punished for this violation will meet their greatest fear, only to have it amplified so they will turn insane as they imagine it exactly as they fear it. They then undergo a painful extraction of all fluids, to be replaced by a toxin which causes permanent irritation. The unknown substance keeps the subject aging normally, except they will never die. Prisoners punished in this way are unable to be reverted, despite many efforts, and they will never be able to be disposed. The sickening truths have been revealed only today, and invigilation teams are still investigating the truths without setting foot in the galactic space of this sickening empire.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
Goon 2:5 And in the beginning of the ELE, all was good in the Star Citizen community. The whales were brought forth and did purchase of the jpegs in copious amounts. The people asked 'Was Star Citizen good?' and the Shills replied 'Yea verily, for unto you a ship is born and it shall be called Idris and you will land the ship on many moons of your choice' and the people were glad.

Goon 2:6 But in all the lands did a darkness dwell. For hidden from the people, a great untruth was lying. And people knew it not. The base god of the people had maketh a falsehood and had told the people that Star Citizen was good and that they should buyeth of it, and that he would finish it, in fidelity. The fidelity was to be good and the fidelity was to be real.

Goon 2:7 But lo, a great prophet came at that time and his name was Derek. Derek was the counting of his name and the people were mightily puzzled. 'Derek', they cried, 'whence come thee to this land of darkness?'

Goon 2:8 And the Derek replied "Oh great people for whom doth thou not knowest the truth, verily this day an evil lies in the land and you can read about it in my July blog'. And the people did readest of the July blog and it took them many days for Derek was not light of typing.

Goon 2:9 But gradually the people knew of the blog and they knew Derek. But yet, there were those who had not taketh of the blogs and they were mightily afraid.

Goon 2:10 They had come from a far off place, a land where darkness walked in perpetuity, called r/ds. They greatly envied his genitals and spoketh about them in hushed tones.

Goon 2:11 "Oh Derek," they cried, "Why are thy genitals so superior to ours?". And Derek smiled on them and blocked them.

Goon 2:12 Then it came to pass, that the owner of the land of r/ds, a man called Jester, did tire of the people from r/ds, and closed off the land to others. Derek was mightily pleased and shouted gaily, "I closed those rear end-clowns down."

Goon 2:13 And the people from r/ds did gnash their teeth and wail epithets at the prophet and he smiled all the more.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Dogeh posted:

Goon 2:5 And in the beginning of the ELE, all was good in the Star Citizen community. The whales were brought forth and did purchase of the jpegs in copious amounts. The people asked 'Was Star Citizen good?' and the Shills replied 'Yea verily, for unto you a ship is born and it shall be called Idris and you will land the ship on many moons of your choice' and the people were glad.

Goon 2:6 But in all the lands did a darkness dwell. For hidden from the people, a great untruth was lying. And people knew it not. The base god of the people had maketh a falsehood and had told the people that Star Citizen was good and that they should buyeth of it, and that he would finish it, in fidelity. The fidelity was to be good and the fidelity was to be real.

Goon 2:7 But lo, a great prophet came at that time and his name was Derek. Derek was the counting of his name and the people were mightily puzzled. 'Derek', they cried, 'whence come thee to this land of darkness?'

Goon 2:8 And the Derek replied "Oh great people for whom doth thou not knowest the truth, verily this day an evil lies in the land and you can read about it in my July blog'. And the people did readest of the July blog and it took them many days for Derek was not light of typing.

Goon 2:9 But gradually the people knew of the blog and they knew Derek. But yet, there were those who had not taketh of the blogs and they were mightily afraid.

Goon 2:10 They had come from a far off place, a land where darkness walked in perpetuity, called r/ds. They greatly envied his genitals and spoketh about them in hushed tones.

Goon 2:11 "Oh Derek," they cried, "Why are thy genitals so superior to ours?". And Derek smiled on them and blocked them.

Goon 2:12 Then it came to pass, that the owner of the land of r/ds, a man called Jester, did tire of the people from r/ds, and closed off the land to others. Derek was mightily pleased and shouted gaily, "I closed those rear end-clowns down."

Goon 2:13 And the people from r/ds did gnash their teeth and wail epithets at the prophet and he smiled all the more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmyuE0NpNgE

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
you do know that all this time Derek has been banging on about an ELE he was in fact referring to R/DSmart and he was right , wasn't he !

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Probably, but so are a lot of goons too. :3:

Said the too big to float boat.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Mr.Tophat posted:

Yorkshire puddings loving own. They are saucers for gravy and meat. They are divine.

Oh, I know. Personally I prefer sausages and a good onion gravy, but let me tell you the serious horror of living in Central Florida without anything that could rightfully, as God is my witness, be called a 'sausage'.

And they call yorkshire puddings 'popovers' here.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

his nibs posted:

Have just discovered this thread is pay to win

:aaaaa:

We went through two avatar wars to prove this very thing.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

CrazyLoon posted:

Look, man, nothing in the Bible says that he didn't poo poo his loincloth upon expiring before getting resurrected again. The absence of his release's evidence in the Bible is not the evidence of its absence.

EDIT: Why do I get the feeling the same argument will be used for Star Citizen's 'release'?
Jesus, much like the Queen, doesn't poo poo or has ever shat

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Kilmers Elbow posted:

hello i am a full time HR manager with a nice girlfriend and some friends ama

Do you french kiss your gf's butthole ?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
GOONS 3:16 SAYS I JUST GLITCHED YOUR rear end!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*sound of glass breaking*

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

TheAgent posted:

Under the Louis XIV reign, it was one of the greatest honor for a court's member to wipe the royal rear end after his toilet time.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Hav posted:

We went through two avatar wars to prove this very thing.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016
Thread's getting boring and repetitive. We need more funny poo poo.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Goredema posted:

I just logged into my Star Citizen account (yes, I still have one) and had the horrifying realization that I still have something like $250 sitting on it, and for various reasons, the likelihood of getting them to refund it is basically 0.00%. How did I gently caress this up? Why is there this much credit in there? I think during my mad profit-taking spree a year or two ago, I must've looked at my ledger, saw that I was a few thousand in the black, thought about the time and effort required to extract that last $250, and thought "gently caress it, I'm good."
:ughh:

The worst part is that I was trying to be optimistic about this gently caress up. "Hey, maybe I can use this to purchase some dumb Star Citizen merchandise to own ironically!" No such luck; even the merch for Star Citizen is hot garbage now. Why can't I buy a ten piece set of Star Citizen pint glasses for hosting Concierge cocktail parties, or one of those $100 die-cast ship models that fall apart in transit? Why can't I show off my lovely Star Citizen merch like some hipster collecting Boo Berry memorabilia?
Instead I'm limited to T-shirts most companies would give away at PAX, or a generic, overpriced "sci-fi cityscape" mousepad that will consume my whole desk like :lesnick: consumes donuts and sadness.

I know, it's my own fault for not cashing out EVERYTHING when I had a chance. But I can't help but feel like this is in keeping with the magic of Star Citizen: I actually made a decent amount of money off this train wreck of a game, but it's still found a way to rip me off.

What's stopping you from cashing out the rest now?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

DapperDon posted:

Unfortunately that won't happen (soon).

We were addicted to a morphine drip of constant stupidity and laughs from CIG. Now we are at the stage of detox after they learned how to control communications better.

All we have hope for are the big sales and their big events.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

TheAgent posted:

The queen regurgitates pellets, like an owl would. FACT

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

DapperDon posted:

We need 3.0.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Zzr posted:

Under the Louis XIV reign, it was one of the greatest honor for a court's member to wipe the royal rear end after his toilet time.

Beet or Beer, change my name to wipe the royal rear end

kthnx

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dooguk posted:

We need 3.0.
I think we need it more than the actual star citizen community

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TheAgent posted:

We have another filthy leaver. It looks like he wants to come and join the discussion.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheAgent posted:

Yea they got their theorycrafting, we got nuthin. Its why they've been winning these last couple months.

All we got are lovely rumors, trolling, bad jokes, and Derek. They have solid gameplay shown at their convention that made us look like lying petty clowns and all their ships and progress shown off every week. Even if the bugs are all over we are that much closer every week to getting shown up even further.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I guess we'll just have to wait until more details surface

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Dogeh posted:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and I hate to break it to you guys, but fandred and obey the fist were all used by the hivemind account

we're just fishing for another throwaway forums account

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Yea they got their theorycrafting, we got nuthin. Its why they've been winning these last couple months.

All we got are lovely rumors, trolling, bad jokes, and Derek. They have solid gameplay shown at their convention that made us look like lying petty clowns and all their ships and progress shown off every week. Even if the bugs are all over we are that much closer every week to getting shown up even further.

Going to laugh real hard if this catches anything.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Incitatus posted:

Beet or Beer, change my name to wipe the royal rear end

kthnx

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DapperDon posted:

We have another filthy leaver. It looks like he wants to come and join the discussion.

I'm the man who put $250 into Star Citizen but can't afford a $10 forums account.

Honestly it's probably for the best, there's no way in hell the thread doesn't rip Fandred apart like a pack of dingoes with a fresh baby.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
fandred was a goon plant to make r/ds look bad

quote:

Makes your sudden change of heart even more curious.

Goons were trying to make /r/ds look like a hate sub. Wouldn't suprise me if there werent a few goon accounts doing a false flag. And now that /r/ds is closing down...just saying.

I don't need to as i have already seen your posting history. As a member of /r/ds you should have known better than to spew Dede's narrative

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Someone buy him an account. For the sake of the thread. There is literally nothing else to talk about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SCtrumpHaters posted:

fandred was a goon plant to make r/ds look bad

Now that /r/DerekSmart is closed, where will Derek get his scoops and call it???

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/7csumc/this_subreddit_is_now_viewonly/dq1ndc5/?context=3