Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will be your champions come Sunday Morning?
This poll is closed.
Bisping/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 51 29.82%
Bisping/Garbrandt/Namajunas 8 4.68%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 16 9.36%
Bisping/Dillishaw/Namajunas 3 1.75%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Namajunas 12 7.02%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Jdrzejczyk 62 36.26%
St. Pierre/Garbrandt/Namajunas 6 3.51%
St. Pierre/Dillishaw/Jdrzejczyk 13 7.60%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Now we might get to see the mauler lose a boring decision against Cormier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Flaskraven posted:

alternatively, we could force Cormier to retire and disband the whole division

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Flaskraven posted:

Did you watch their first fight?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

El Roncho posted:

Did you watch their first fight?

Apparently not since it was fully sick.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Snowman_McK posted:

Counterpoint: Matt Hughes is a loving sociopath.

I was more referring to Jose and Cruz for example.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Apparently not since it was fully sick.

Yeah that's how I remember it.

Don't read posts, don't watch fights...

:justpost:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Snowman_McK posted:

Counterpoint: Matt Hughes is a loving sociopath.

I always considered him more of a smug psychopathic rape man.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Gustafson/cormier shattered thd ufc record for most fleeing and i believe it set the record for most missed strikes as well, or some other similarly pathetic stat. It wasnt good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gustafson is the guy who put up the best effort against roided up cokefiend Jon Jones, right?

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Jerusalem posted:

Gustafson is the guy who put up the best effort against roided up cokefiend Jon Jones, right?

Yup!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Jerusalem posted:

If you’re not familiar with Gus, pleaaase go check out some highlight videos asap. He rules. Definitely one of my favorite fighters. Also he has super cute dogs.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Bonnar beat him up, also

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

david carmichael posted:

Gustafson/cormier shattered thd ufc record for most fleeing and i believe it set the record for most missed strikes as well, or some other similarly pathetic stat. It wasnt good.

Gustafson/Jones and Jones/Cormier I were good, Gustafson/Cormier wasn’t that good. I find Gustafson a pretty meh fighter skill-wise and he’s only the second best LHW by default because LHW shouldn’t exist

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Gustafson is probably the most skilled nazi in MMA but like all nazis he's a coward so most of his fights are bad to watch.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I feel like LHW was fun and good around 2008? Is that just false memory?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Bundt Cake posted:

Bonnar beat him up, also

With his face.

Could we get Fat Baby Albini versus the New Fatter Mark Hunt please?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TheReverend posted:

I feel like LHW was fun and good around 2008? Is that just false memory?

There were a bunch of bad fighters playing round robin with the belt in 2008 as opposed to one good one holding it, so I guess you could say the division has marginally improved

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

El Roncho posted:

Shame on UFC for occasionally putting out low grade content. That simply won't fly in this day and age.

Every other card was this bad or worse just a few years ago. We’ve been spoiled the last couple years.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

With his face.

Round 3 bonnar whoops him. Bonnar goat lhw

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Captain Log posted:

With his face.

Could we get Fat Baby Albini versus the New Fatter Mark Hunt please?

Maori and pacific islanders already have disproportionate levels of child abuse and we shouldn't encourage more of it thankyouverymuch.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

Gustafson is probably the most skilled nazi in MMA but like all nazis he's a coward so most of his fights are bad to watch.

It's a classic Nazi move since chasing fighters will get gassed

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I must secure the existence of my title shot and a future in 3000m steeplechase

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

vaginal facsimile posted:

It's a classic Nazi move since chasing fighters will get gassed

:eyepop:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Work Friend Keven posted:

and yet you believe Fedor is the GOAT?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Every other card was this bad or worse just a few years ago. We’ve been spoiled the last couple years.

Trust me; I know. Was aiming for snark.

Last weekend's card beat the majority of the Poirier/Pettis card the previous weekend.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

I must secure the existence of my title shot and a future in 3000m steeplechase

Lol

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bluedeanie posted:

:drat:

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Bluedeanie posted:

I don’t know what this means

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I thought perceiving Fedor as a GOAT was more of a Captain Log/literally everywhere else except for these forums thing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

He’s referencing my habit of calling fedor the goat for much the same reason as bundt cake says Stephan bonnar beat Jon Jones, but I’m unaware of any links between fedor and nazism. I don’t think even his criminal monster brother is Nazi.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Actually Alex might be fairly fash now that I think about it. Hard to remember.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
I thought Fedor had trained with some white nationalists in the past, but who hasn't in mma

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LobsterMobster posted:

I thought Fedor had trained with some white nationalists in the past, but who hasn't in mma

One of his training partners definitely was, and a pretty tight one. Let's talk about Arona instead.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
let's talk about actually good fighters that have made it to the pinnacle of combat sports , to test themselves in the ultimate crucible of competition inside the World Famous Octagon

how about that marcin tybura, huh? sure would like to watch him get punched in the neck for like a whole hour

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

LobsterMobster posted:

his brother + training parters

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

El Roncho posted:

I thought perceiving Fedor as a GOAT was more of a Captain Log/literally everywhere else except for these forums thing.

fedor lost his goat card when he grabbed the ropes against lindland

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

his brother + training parters

Aleksander is a hepatitis-positive rapist ex-con with Nazi tattoos but possibly not an actual Nazi. Roman Zentsov has closer ties with Fedor than Aleksander does and is unquestionably a Nazi

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
To me, if you have swastikas tattooed on your knees then sherdog Nazi rankings are kind of immaterial

Anyway I don't know how reputable the sports business journal is but they say Fox is prepared to make a 200 million a year offer but WME wants 450 million a year, which is a pretty big gulf

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Aleksander is a hepatitis-positive rapist ex-con with Nazi tattoos but possibly not an actual Nazi. Roman Zentsov has closer ties with Fedor than Aleksander does and is unquestionably a Nazi

how can you be more of a nazi than getting a swastika tattoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
My favourite part was when Dan hardy called Tybura 'Marcin Held'.

• Locked thread