Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

foutre posted:

Fun fact for season 8: according to Meddler, Sona and... Yorick ?? are the top performing champs on the patch. Finally Yorick's time to shine...
I'm not even convinced that the higher ups in Riot even play this game anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
I got Honor 5 with a bm Mejai's

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

foutre posted:

Fun fact for season 8: according to Meddler, Sona and... Yorick ?? are the top performing champs on the patch. Finally Yorick's time to shine...
Yorick's Q affecting structures likely has something to do with any performance metric increase. I think it's already slated for reversion.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Vermain posted:

That was back before Riot really had much of an art department or quality control. They ended up going with a redesigned version based off of fanart by Katie De Sousa, which eventually lead to her landing a job at Riot proper.

I saw some post somewhere the other day saying how they missed "original art styles like old league of legends" and I just laughed and laughed.

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not even convinced that the higher ups in Riot even play this game anymore

Marc Merril was streaming with Scarra and Dyrus literally a week ago, which is also meaningless because he has nothing to do with balance. That being said, Sona and Yorick are both busted right now and are sporting the winrates to prove it so I don't know why that particular comment is being met with derision.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 20, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

no champs are as busted as kassadin while he was literally permaban for multiple years does anyone even TURN THIS GAME On at Riot HQ these days????

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

while we appreciate this work of art let us also mourn our fallen brother, the single crit rune. rip

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I've been looking for that gif of three people Flashing to intercept a Cait ult, but sadly I couldn't find it. To me that is the quintessential LoL gif.
Edit: Oh, it is actually in the second post. I am dumb and will leave this post here as a testament to my stupidity.

So good.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Nov 20, 2017

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009
Discord chat is dead.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Mikujin posted:

Yorick's Q affecting structures likely has something to do with any performance metric increase. I think it's already slated for reversion.

Yeah, I think they called out that change in particular as a problem. Makes sense that a buff combo'd with new runes would lead to some poo poo.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I've tried him and he's pretty much the same Yorick up until you reach a tower at which point it's taken from 100-0 in a few seconds from ghouls, ult, sheen shovels, and especially demolish.

I think there's a place for that rune but right now it feels as strong as a keystone.

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Lovechop posted:

while we appreciate this work of art let us also mourn our fallen brother, the single crit rune. rip

The Plea for attention is my favorite part, It's covers "certain posters" on the thread so well.

"Hey guys, I found my account from 199x, and it was sold on ebay but I somehow got it back lol. I played 1 game and said THIS GAME SUX!!1! every 10 seconds. Am I playing leona correctly? this game is poo poo lolbye"

Good to go.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

EvilElmo posted:

Discord chat is dead.

the chat is very much alive. the invite link might be broken somehow

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

EvilElmo posted:

Discord chat is dead.

So long as I'm playing other games that aren't league, I will never stop poo poo posting in that chat, so it is very much alive

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Roy Moore is a Zoe main

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Teikanmi posted:

Roy Moore is a Zoe main

:golfclap:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhwRz47Kk2Y

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Patch https://lol.garena.com/news/notes/patch-723-maintenance

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Also Battlecast Illaoi won (and it wasn't close) so those of us with good taste are once again rewarded. Now I will have two sweet skins to not use while I play Yorick instead.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

They... buffed Ornn? Why would they do that?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Aumanor posted:

They... buffed Ornn? Why would they do that?

Those were the hotfixes that went out just after 7.22. Ornn is strong right now but he was hovering around 50% winrate when those hotfixes hit (and they were just part of the runes reforged base stat changes). His trendline has been up up up (particularly on his pick/ban rate) so I'd imagine some nerfs will come through, although it wouldn't surprise me to see them do some rune changes first and see what happens to him after.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Even though some people itt said Kleptomancy is a trap on Sona it remains her highest performance keystone.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I am so glad MF is in meta again. She's so much fun to play, I am really enjoying the change from Ardent Meta where it was all late game right clickers all the time

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Aumanor posted:

Even though some people itt said Kleptomancy is a trap on Sona it remains her highest performance keystone.

I have a sneaking suspicion that also has something to do with the Inspiration tree itself. Biscuit Delivery, Magical Footwear, and Cosmic Insight/Celestial Body are all really powerful runes. I think taking three of those (plus the superior Inspiration passive stat packages) is better than anything else you can get in other trees for Sona. There's a ton of hidden power in the increased consumable duration passive (especially given the mountains of free consumables you are getting via Biscuit Delivery and Kleptomancy), especially in bot lane where staying in lane until certain item breakpoints is super powerful. Since Sona is a sustain support, her staying often means the ADC gets to stay longer as well and hit that BF Sword sooner.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I imagine just having that small amount of extra range has to be really helpful for landing Q->Power Chords

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Klepto is really, really strong on supports who can make use of it. You give up a good amount of lane pressure by not taking Aery or Comet, but you can take much worse trades and come out ahead and, if you're reasonably lucky, come back to lane with an easy 300-400g lead on your opponent (more if you take Future's and are willing to go into debt). Being able to go Frostfang + Dark Seal + Refillable on first back is honestly pretty crazy.

a medical mystery posted:

I imagine just having that small amount of extra range has to be really helpful for landing Q->Power Chords

People undersell the 25 range, but it's worth a lot more than people realize. You outrange most ADCs with it, including traditional hard Sona smashers like Draven.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

AttackBacon posted:

Also Battlecast Illaoi won (and it wasn't close) so those of us with good taste are once again rewarded. Now I will have two sweet skins to not use while I play Yorick instead.

Battle cast illoy is easily the worst option.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
All the options were bad

At least this one might be slightly pay-to-win with the color scheme I guess?

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

You have to love riots balance team. Rammus is incredibly strong right now with aftershock, and the response is a 4 base armor nerf. I'm fine getting more free wins with him though

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Battle cast illoy is easily the worst option.

Not sure about that but adventurer was clearly the best

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

None were great but Adventurer was the best.

So of course it lost.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I just started playing normal mode a few days ago. Support Teemo is a lot of fun but loses hard to Ezrael.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXBQL8P0ICU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowp3RAhklQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDDCYEbMVPU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Oh cool, more impossibly rad skins to never play Kog'maw with.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
BRB gonna learn Draven just for that 20 dollar skin

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Rygar201 posted:

I am so glad MF is in meta again. She's so much fun to play, I am really enjoying the change from Ardent Meta where it was all late game right clickers all the time

Hell yes my dude. Hell yes.

Also hello new thread.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Does jinx have the most skins in the game yet

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Annie and Twisted Fate both have like 12 each so

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Also lol that riot has literally made a 8000 year old with the body of a child

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
So there's another bug I've run into-

If you get placed into the low priority queue, there's a chance that you can never queue until you log out and back in.

Several times now the Time Remaining timer has reset at around 10 minutes. Once that countdown completed the countdown window disappeared but the 'Finding Match' timer didn't change at all and was stuck at 30something minutes. It seems to only happen after a full game has been completed.

So if you're in that low priority queue make sure you re-log after a game. This has happened to me on a couple of accounts at different locations

isaboo fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

gowb posted:

Also lol that riot has literally made a 8000 year old with the body of a child

it's not their first time doing it