Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
:synpa:
Roll badge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
How long should I wait before absolutely panicking about Michael Porter Jr?

This is the second game where he's apparently not healthy enough to sit on the bench with his teammates.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Mizzou looks bad again

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou looks bad again

Tilmon has played like 4 minutes without a foul. This is improvement.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

What spell does Cullen Van Leer cast on Mizzou coaches that allows him to get way way way more minutes than he should?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Think I'm done watching tonight. Don't care to watch Mizzou grind out a 5 point win at home against loving Emporia State.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Think I'm done watching tonight. Don't care to watch Mizzou grind out a 5 point win at home against loving Emporia State.

Aaaaahahahaha, this might be an optimistic outcome.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I lied and watched til half and I'm glad I did because I just saw a scientology ad on WatchESPN? I've never seen one before and it was pretty nuts about L. Ron Hubbard

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

HOLY poo poo MIZZOU IS SO BAD

That's another odd man fast-break that they've turned it over on. Looks like Tilmon has to be on the floor to score

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Mike_V posted:

:golfclap:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Haha, I missed the last 10 minutes of the game but that was well called.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Every time I look up I see another basket shark air-ball 3 attempt.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

How long should I wait before absolutely panicking about Michael Porter Jr?

This is the second game where he's apparently not healthy enough to sit on the bench with his teammates.

I guess I got my answer!

:shepicide:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm sorry Grit.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Purple Aces up 5 at the under 8 timeout against Fresno State in Cancun.

The announcer is Pete Gillen. I hated his guts as a kid, he coached Xavier back in the late 80s / early 90s when the two schools were in the MCC and UE was good. Xavier kicked their rear end so many times in so many frustrating ways.

PotatoJudge fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 22, 2017

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Evansville wins by 2 because Fresno State can't hit free throws (5-14).

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I knew this season was a rebuilding season for the Lobos, but holy poo poo we are gonna get hosed up by TCU.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
purdue are beautiful

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/GIFhawk/status/933151032271622146

The dude he's dunking on is 7-2.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

The Great Autismo! posted:

purdue are beautiful

Too bad they can't rebound. Tennessee is bodying and out hustling them.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Admiral Schofield is built like a truck

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

OT in the Bahamas. Purdue played like poo poo for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half but actually played defense and rebounded down the stretch.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

ROCKY TOP BITCH

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols Bitch

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Cal got blitzed by Chaminade.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Miami is tied at 19 with La Salle at the half, that’s pretty gross.

Time now though to watch Arizona obliterate NC State.

edit: DeAndre Ayton is like something you would build in a lab to dominate just about any physical contest. State’s keeping Trier at bay but Ayton isn’t playable.

elentar fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 23, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona has mostly looked fine offensively but the defense isn't there at all right now.

E: I still can't believe Omer Yurtseven was considered a top 50 prospect at some point last year, he doesn't do anything well at all and same is the case now it seems.

E2: OH my loving god I hate when there is a press and they get creative with the camera angles. A press is when you want the traditional angle the most so you can actually see what's happening!

Rick fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 23, 2017

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Sean Miller T’d up for extreme sweatiness

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Well, that wasn’t supposed to happen. Keatts definitely the new messiah now.

Can see why they pushed so hard to make sure Beverly got on the court, what a game. And I actually thought Yurtseven was decent for once tonight, he has an awful lot of Gottfried to unlearn but just maybe can do it.

edit: Villanova will be something else entirely. And really if Arizona has even a half-decent perimeter day, they win this easily.

Ugh forgot this is 8 teams, could very easily see State losing to SMU or UNI in the semis. Would still be s successful weekend.

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 23, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah despite what I wrote earlier Yurtseven at least looked like a basketball player tonight.

It's not the end of the world but I think this game really exposed the obvious problem with this Arizona roster, which is they don't really have anyone who can run an offense and their defense is legit horrible. Miller will probably fix the defense but I don't see a PG falling out of the sky.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Notre Dame came from a long way back to beat Wichita State in Maui. Both very good teams but ND is potentially scary to pull that one out.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't believe Long Beach State is supposed to be anything special this year, but Mizzou looks much better offensively today.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Tennessee good?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Tennessee good?

Probably not? I believe they're predicted to be in the bottom third of the conference, aren't very tall and don't shoot very well. But no one really knows at this point so there's always hope.

e: Just checked out their schedule, and so far so good! I didn't realize they'd beaten Purdue yesterday.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not lookin good right now

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Mizzou laying the beatdown on LBSU. Nice to see them drive tot he basket instead of dicking around the perimeter all the time

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I really think Tilmon will be great eventually, at least on the college level.

But man it might not be soon with the fouls.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Impressed with the Vols.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NickRoweFillea posted:

Impressed with the Vols.

This game has been pretty fun

Adbot