Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

When did Zari learn to fly and navigate the jump ship?

Legendsforce: I ain't gotta explain poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Legendsforce Timenesia Time displacement: I ain't gotta explain poo poo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I'm surprised Sara didn't mack on a starlet or Helen herself this episode. I'm guessing they're dialing that aspect back a little as she leads the team

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Moon Slayer posted:

Even though he hasn't been given a lot of range to work with, I thought the actor who plays Jefferson did a pretty drat good job channeling Stein.

He was having sooo much fun, I loved it

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
"the nasty in the pasty" :allears:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

What a great episode, I love Wednesdays.

Had a slight disappointment when I realised I had misheard Shock Missiles as Shark Missiles but I liked that I completely would have bought Shark Missiles as a thing on this.

Opening was good too.

E: gently caress piss I forgot I'm always a week behind on this. The vampire episode

McDragon fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Nov 16, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Moon Slayer posted:

Even though he hasn't been given a lot of range to work with, I thought the actor who plays Jefferson did a pretty drat good job channeling Stein.

I liked that they didn't chicken out and just switch the actors around while pretending that they were body swapped. Too many shows don't trust their actors enough.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I liked that they didn't chicken out and just switch the actors around while pretending that they were body swapped. Too many shows don't trust their actors enough.

Honestly, I though Victor Garber's Jax was a little lacking compared to Franz Drameh's Stein, but it was worth it in the end to finally see Stein in the Firestorm suit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

:science: Firestein

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm surprised Sara didn't mack on a starlet or Helen herself this episode.
I was surprised that Helen's hypnotic effect didn't work on Sara. Would have been a change to have her be one of the idiots who needed to be rescued by the more level-headed team members.

Or dub the voices. I hate when they do that.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
She’s saving herself for Agent Sharpe.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Franz Drameh did an awesome job playing Stein, but I thought Victor Garber was quite off in portraying Jax. It seemed like Garber decided to give him some sort of lisp for some reason? It seemed weird, he didn't affect his speech pattern in any way that Jax actually does.

Also I thought it was kind of funny that Ray already knew that the water shifter lady was Amaya's granddaughter and the modern day Vixen's sister. I know they created some sort of crappy animated show about the modern day Vixen that was on the CW website, I'm assuming that this was something they revealed then and that Ray showed up on that series at some point and that's how he had the knowledge. If so I guess kudos to giving some sort of acknowledgement to the hardcore nerds who are fans enough to watch their crappy animated webseries about a character no one cares about set in this universe.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

bbf2 posted:

If so I guess kudos to giving some sort of acknowledgement to the hardcore nerds who are fans enough to watch their crappy animated webseries about a character no one cares about set in this universe.

The entire crossover this year is based on the current CW Seed cartoon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Doubly so once Constantine shows up again this year.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Bruceski posted:

But I don't want to watch that.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Ralph Dibny is the best thing to happen to this show in a long time, and the council of Wells delivered on its promises. Now this is starting to feel more like the show I used to love. It seems like they also keep putting the Dibny actor in ill-fitting suits with too short sleeves to accentuate his natural lankiness.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Dibny wearing what looks like a set of briefs on his head is probably the highlight of his costume.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Think that was supposed to go in The Flash thread, but I agree 100%.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Moon Slayer posted:

I have no idea how that happened! I was just reading the Flash thread!

Anyway, this show is also strong as ever, and I really like Zari as a fresh recruit who can be the "straight man" for a while until the stupidity rubs of on her. This is really one of the best overall CW combined Arrowverse seasons, and the crossover looks promising.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Man, Sara's going to punch a hole through a bulkhead when she wakes up hears she missed Themyscira.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Somebody photoshop Harvey Firestein's head into that shot.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Moon Slayer posted:

Speed ForceHypertime!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tiggum posted:

I was surprised that Helen's hypnotic effect didn't work on Sara. Would have been a change to have her be one of the idiots who needed to be rescued by the more level-headed team members.

Or dub the voices. I hate when they do that.

I thought it was kind of neat that she didn't just automatically throw herself at Helen. Everyone expected her to fall head over heels because Captain Lance, Time Bisexual. But as it turns out she's just not her type :shobon:

Somebody gif the gently caress out of that wink though.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
"Have men gotten smarter in the past thousand years?"
"Pfffft"

This show is great :v:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/RealDeanCain/status/932461184342724613

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
THERE'S A PROMO WITH ALEX AND SARAH DOING SHOTS TOGETHER

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Lol is Barry checking that out? He's totally going "hey whats going on over here...SQUIRREL!"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

I love that Brandon Routh went from A-lister to lower but seems like he enjoys a single episode of LoT more then anything he's ever done before.

How long until they get a LoT episode where Dean Cain plays a caped superhero? Bonus points if they can get Teri Hatcher too.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

pentyne posted:

I love that Brandon Routh went from A-lister to lower but seems like he enjoys a single episode of LoT more then anything he's ever done before.

How long until they get a LoT episode where Dean Cain plays a caped superhero? Bonus points if they can get Teri Hatcher too.

Technically, he's Kara's adopted dad on Supergirl.

Supergirl's adopted mom on Supergirl?

Helen Slater

And Teri Hatcher was Mon-El's mother, Queen of Daxam, during last season. Mon-El's dad was Kevin Sorbo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cain and Hatcher have both done Supergirl which I'm pretty sure has cast every actor who played a DC character for the last 40 years. They're even digging into the Smallville cast now.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

STAC Goat posted:

Cain and Hatcher have both done Supergirl which I'm pretty sure has cast every actor who played a DC character for the last 40 years. They're even digging into the Smallville cast now.

They're also going for the cartoons as well! They got the guy who played J'onn J'onzz on the Justice League cartoon (Carl Lumbly) to play the current J'onn's (David Harewood) dad.

I'm hoping that Kevin Conroy shows up in the Arrowverse at some point.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

8one6 posted:

They're also going for the cartoons as well! They got the guy who played J'onn J'onzz on the Justice League cartoon (Carl Lumbly) to play the current J'onn's (David Harewood) dad.

Ooooh, that's what it was! I was feeling super disoriented during the scenes where they were both in Martian form, like they both had the "right" voice for Martian Manhunter. At first I thought, I dunno, maybe they had the same voice, they were just making the Supergirl actor do an old-man voice or something, but that was obviously not true. It was a real weird feeling of "How can this guy be Martian Manhunter if this guy's also Martian Manhunter augh what's happening"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gonz posted:

Technically, he's Kara's adopted dad on Supergirl.

Supergirl's adopted mom on Supergirl?

Helen Slater

And Teri Hatcher was Mon-El's mother, Queen of Daxam, during last season. Mon-El's dad was Kevin Sorbo.

And Laura Vandervoort (Supergirl on Smallville) showed up at the end of the first season as Indigo aka Female Braniac.

Me, I've been holding out hope for a while now that they get Michael Rosenbaum back in to play Lex Luthor on Supergirl. Especially because he's the right age now to play a proper Superman-era Lex.

EDIT: It's too bad Justin Hartley's tied up with This Is Us, because I'd love to see him show up on Arrow as somebody, like a one-off villain or something. Oliver Queen vs. Oliver Queen. :getin:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Nov 21, 2017

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

nine-gear crow posted:

And Laura Vandervoort (Supergirl on Smallville) showed up at the end of the first season as Indigo aka Female Braniac.

Me, I've been holding out hope for a while now that they get Michael Rosenbaum back in to play Lex Luthor on Supergirl. Especially because he's the right age now to play a proper Superman-era Lex.

And if not Lex, then that universe's non-powered Wally West.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

pentyne posted:

Was he ever really an A-lister, though? I seem to recall it was a matter of "Meet the new guy playing Superman! ...Welp, he was a pretty good actor but the movie sucked, guess his career's dead now, womp womp." But it seems like he's recovered well enough now, especially with Legends doing as well as it is lately.

He just seems to be such a cool and fun guy to hang around. I listened to the cast commentary for Scott Pilgrim vs. the World when it came out and while it's already a fun listen, Brandon Routh kicks it up to another level. He just kind of crashes the commentary, almost like he wasn't invited and just showed up anyway. He comes in like 20 minutes into the movie fresh from a hamburger joint or something and is just a bundle of positive energy and him and Jason Schwartzman just have a blast together riffing off one another.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

pentyne posted:

It would be hilarious if they were both characters on Earth 1 (or visiting Earth 1 from some other Earth) and they just happen to be around moments before Supergirl shows up for a crossover but she just misses them.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

pentyne posted:

And now he gets to go to work with his wife.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That mustache makes him look vaguely evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

That mustache makes him look vaguely evil.

The LoT team definitely needs to branch out into faffing about in the multiverse just so we can have dorky evil Ray