Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

thatguy posted:

Can't even get a game of Divinity going.
:smith:

Goons aren't really a force they used to be anyway at the heigh of Eve. Would have never made much noise in SC even if it was actually a real thing. Just check out the MMO forum for the sadness. Last major PvP game released was Archeage, where after a fun and wild beta, the goon leadership promptly declared fishing pacts with all the pubbie guilds. Then started outright banning goons for killing or griefing pubbies, which was really the whole point of the game. "You killed this random internet person in a PvP game while he was fishing!!! You did not review the terms of these 100 fishing agreements to make sure that this particular person was actually covered! BAN". Then everyone quit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

As a purveyor of sarcastic and ironic posting this is offensive to me and my people.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

VictorianQueerLit posted:

As a purveyor of sarcastic and ironic posting this is offensive to me and my people.

Amen.

This is as offensive as the really awful burns r/ds always tried to lay down.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I'm also offended. But please remember that I called the offended stance first.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

The frothing insanity of this post honestly scares the crap out of me. Please tell me this is a deep cover operative there to insight additional humor for us to consume, please.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Rad Russian posted:

Goons aren't really a force they used to be anyway at the heigh of Eve. Would have never made much noise in SC even if it was actually a real thing. Just check out the MMO forum for the sadness. Last major PvP game released was Archeage, where after a fun and wild beta, the goon leadership promptly declared fishing pacts with all the pubbie guilds. Then started outright banning goons for killing or griefing pubbies, which was really the whole point of the game. "You killed this random internet person in a PvP game while he was fishing!!! You did not review the terms of these 100 fishing agreements to make sure that this particular person was actually covered! BAN". Then everyone quit.
This was one of the reasons Space Court was invented.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

monkeytek posted:

The frothing insanity of this post honestly scares the crap out of me. Please tell me this is a deep cover operative there to insight additional humor for us to consume, please.

No, that's a legit :sadbrains:

And not even close the the worst of them

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

You know, I joked about Derek just yoinking this thread's content as a quasi joke, but it does happen.

I have no strong objection to this practice though, since it causes these idiots to start foaming at the mouth.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Rad Russian posted:

Paging Eonwe for a fishing pact effort post

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Backers only plz o7

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1mEFrZU824VvtAZpqlPKRfrnbgjrKIl1IS4Kx1kDLfso/viewform?edit_requested=true

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Rad Russian posted:

This is mostly due to burnout; waiting for a new replacement to Eve...

If SC was a real thing I'd expect goons to come out in droves because of the pristine salt mines that are just begging to be tapped.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

that was a disappointment

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Hmm, seems like the obsession with Derek and Line of Defense has an almost superstitious effect on the faithful.

Their behaviour is governed by a simple rule, but like single-celled lifeforms and early computer programs, the interaction of large numbers of iterations of a simple rule can produce the illusion of complexity.

Essentially, there are two categories in a serious cultist's mind. GOOD and BAD. Star Citizen is GOOD. Derek Smart is BAD. These two categories are ironclad and never the twain shall meet.

CIG haven't yet found a way to rewrite basic language comprehension, so most other concepts at least start with their natural meaning in normal language...until the Simple Rule takes over.

The word "scam" is a BAD thing. But saying "Star Citizen is a scam" makes the cultist lock up; Star Citizen can only be GOOD. Things of the Smart are BAD., therefore anything BAD must be associated with Derek Smart even if CIG are doing it. Otherwise the cultist's brain throws an exception and that hurts.

So Derek must be scamming, because scamming is in the BAD category and Derek is in the BAD category. So the cultist shouts as loudly and as often as possible that Derek is the real scammer because otherwise the cognitive dissonance hurts too much. The most flimsy and ridiculous evidence is marshalled to support this, and other cultists flock to agree because that way they can reassure one another that the rightful order is being upheld. This pattern extends to all possible BAD concepts, like refunds and awkward questions and filthy leavers. It's why the cultists are so obsessed with saying that refunds are actually people scamming CIG. They can understand refunds are BAD and scams are BAD and Derek is BAD, and all these concepts blend together because their critical thinking skills have atrophied so badly they genuinely can't tell the difference anymore. Someone who wants a refund instantly goes into the BAD category and must be a scammer and a goon and a shill and a Derek alt and a spy for Big Publishing and probably a terrorist and a communist too. That's why you get these ridiculous frothing accusations aimed at Derek that read like the citizen has just banged their keyboard and written down every possible bad thing they could come up with. They genuinely have just written down a list of evil-sounding concepts, and in their minds Derek is all of them at once.

This goes the other way as well; it fuels the dreams. Star Citizen is GOOD, and all the ideas of GOOD in the cultist's head get mixed up with it and become the huge dreaming memeplex we're so familiar with. 1000-player dogfights, handheld cargo, massive capital ship battles and total physical realism are GOOD so SC must have them because it too is GOOD and therefore all GOOD things at once.

I honestly think if Derek was struck by a bolt of inspiration and coded an amazing 1000-player capital ship battles patch for Line of Defence , the cultists would actually start claiming it was really in Star Citizen or Derek had somehow stolen CIG's codebase, just to avoid having to think Derek can do a thing that fell into the GOOD category.

Not every Star Citizen has fallen this far, but the really nasty ones have.

You can model this thread along these lines too, to be honest. Our attitude to Sandi and Chris in particular.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Quavers posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7eh7v3/30_spoilers_5th_evocati_qa_update/

Q: How’s testing this week?
A: 100 player server stress tests, can't do most missions, shopping complete and hassle free except the interface you use to shop doesn't work, we can use beds but there is still no reason to because there is no persistence. Did I mention 100 player server stress tests and make sure not to tell you how that went, and whether or not we got anywhere near 100 players and what performace/stability/framerate was? 100. Remember 100.

Q: Can the Aurora haul cargo?
A: No. Either every ship with ladder access or "grabby hands" or both need to be re-designed to support cargo because we didn't consider the primary cargo use case. Ramps/doors are still a loving mystery so you can't really load cargo in ships that aren't critically mis-designed.

Q: How’s the FPS lately?
A: Horrible.

Q: How are NPCs coming along?
A: A: Either completely disabled or playAnimation(); randomComment(); sleep(random); randomComment();

Q: Are the missions from 2.X gone now?
A: Some missions are missing. Many areas of interest where you get/do missions are missing. Mission givers are disabled. Ipso facto, most of the missions are disabled or missing.

Q: How are the bikes and rover handling now?
A: Absolute dog poo poo.

Q: How’s ship combat? Did they really buff the Gladius?
A: We are not allowed to combat.

Q: What’s improved significantly from the first 3.0 patch to the current one?
A: Floating through empty space.

Q: If you weren’t in Evocati Test Flight what would you be doing to pass the time during the Great Drought?
A: I’d be playing a video game.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Loxbourne posted:

You can model this thread along these lines too, to be honest. Our attitude to Sandi and Chris in particular.

Right cause we don't have any compelling evidence whatsoever that Sandi and Chris suck poo poo.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Loxbourne posted:

Their behaviour is governed by a simple rule, but like single-celled lifeforms and early computer programs, the interaction of large numbers of iterations of a simple rule can produce the illusion of complexity.

Essentially, there are two categories in a serious cultist's mind. GOOD and BAD. Star Citizen is GOOD. Derek Smart is BAD. These two categories are ironclad and never the twain shall meet.

CIG haven't yet found a way to rewrite basic language comprehension, so most other concepts at least start with their natural meaning in normal language...until the Simple Rule takes over.

The word "scam" is a BAD thing. But saying "Star Citizen is a scam" makes the cultist lock up; Star Citizen can only be GOOD. Things of the Smart are BAD., therefore anything BAD must be associated with Derek Smart even if CIG are doing it. Otherwise the cultist's brain throws an exception and that hurts.

So Derek must be scamming, because scamming is in the BAD category and Derek is in the BAD category. So the cultist shouts as loudly and as often as possible that Derek is the real scammer because otherwise the cognitive dissonance hurts too much. The most flimsy and ridiculous evidence is marshalled to support this, and other cultists flock to agree because that way they can reassure one another that the rightful order is being upheld. This pattern extends to all possible BAD concepts, like refunds and awkward questions and filthy leavers. It's why the cultists are so obsessed with saying that refunds are actually people scamming CIG. They can understand refunds are BAD and scams are BAD and Derek is BAD, and all these concepts blend together because their critical thinking skills have atrophied so badly they genuinely can't tell the difference anymore. Someone who wants a refund instantly goes into the BAD category and must be a scammer and a goon and a shill and a Derek alt and a spy for Big Publishing and probably a terrorist and a communist too. That's why you get these ridiculous frothing accusations aimed at Derek that read like the citizen has just banged their keyboard and written down every possible bad thing they could come up with. They genuinely have just written down a list of evil-sounding concepts, and in their minds Derek is all of them at once.

This goes the other way as well; it fuels the dreams. Star Citizen is GOOD, and all the ideas of GOOD in the cultist's head get mixed up with it and become the huge dreaming memeplex we're so familiar with. 1000-player dogfights, handheld cargo, massive capital ship battles and total physical realism are GOOD so SC must have them because it too is GOOD and therefore all GOOD things at once.

I honestly think if Derek was struck by a bolt of inspiration and coded an amazing 1000-player capital ship battles patch for Line of Defence , the cultists would actually start claiming it was really in Star Citizen or Derek had somehow stolen CIG's codebase, just to avoid having to think Derek can do a thing that fell into the GOOD category.

Pls add to OP, Beer

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Nailed it

Here's your 3.0 leak, go buy more ships, next leak in two weeks right after our weekly meeting of team leads that happens every Tuesday

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

I dunno why, but I get a heavy feeling of "this was written up by a CIG employee" vibe from this post.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Loxbourne posted:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Deki posted:

I dunno why, but I get a heavy feeling of "this was written up by a CIG employee" vibe from this post.
I get that feeling from a lot of the tweets and less insane reddit squirts. Feels like they went through a marketing discussion.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Deki posted:

Everything is broken still but everything is really showing improvement and is awesome.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

wow, 100!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Theory posted:

You know, I joked about Derek just yoinking this thread's content as a quasi joke, but it does happen.

I have no strong objection to this practice though, since it causes these idiots to start foaming at the mouth.

Derek took it from this thread, which took it from r/refunds, which took it from r/starcitizen.

Unfortunately, r/dereksmart is not view-only so another step could not be taken.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Note the absence of the word "fun"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The fact that /refunds makes people this mad is a good sign that Star Citizen has a bright future, imo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

The fact that /refunds makes people this mad is a good sign that Star Citizen has a bright future, imo.

Bright like the triangle shirtwaist factory fire

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Thanks for contacting RSI customer support!

Whilst we are reviewing your refund request why not have a look at these exciting 3.0 leaks and read about all the amazing progress we have made. This is the positive Evocati feedback we told you about in our last reply.

In case that doesn't change your mind we'll drag our heels and do our best to direct you toward the grey market by posting in the refunds sub, and we'll try not to gently caress it up and give the game away.

PS if you know any programmers who have made a space game boy we'd sure like to hear from you

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Golli posted:

Note the absence of the word "fun"

What the fun has to do with a game ?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/933102746630107141

:five:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

:jackbud:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/933036114012721153
https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/933092597127569408

chochmah
Sep 27, 2015
On the topic of failed crowdfunding & devoted backers, a look into the future? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dEuEkf0ezI (NSFW, foul language)

chochmah fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 22, 2017

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!
Good stuff overall. If I'm honest I don't have a problem with cosmetic loot boxes because I don't care enough about my pixels but the money they bring in means I aren't forced to pay for stuff I do want. Still a step in the right direction should always be applauded.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Did EA/DICE just poo poo the bed for everyone else? lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Derek, is this true? I was looking forward to the UC4 port of LoD as I still have a free key.

Don't be daft. You know better.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

History Comes Inside! posted:

But why would derek's own company need to search for him?

He's a broken brained moron. I'm going to have his account yanked for targeted harassment. I've been targeting all of them since last week, and killed two of them, while 1 other had to sanitize his feed after hearing from Twitter.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Drunk Theory posted:

What gave it away? The fact that we all share memes, regardless of what you think, or the fact that I have an entire forum of them?

Get a grip. Then sit the gently caress down. And STFU.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Loxbourne posted:

:perfect:

----------------