Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gold Sexy Body posted:

You know what, I can't believe that look listen, not having a roof on like look listen at the end of the day it is stupid to not look have a roof ion the cage and yeah you can do it without a roof but yeah you know what it is stupid and yeah i can't believe they're not putting a roof on the cage and putting it back at war games and it is silly but it's not even worth talking about at the end of the day and you know what it's not a big deal and yeah it is stupid but you know what who cares it is what it is can we just move on

oh god i can hear his voice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

oh god i can hear his voice

look yeah okay it is stupid but can we just move on because at the end of the day you know, you could do that but you know what it doesn't matter

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Semp was at least semi-tolerable when he didn't know how annoying he was. Once he decided to make that his gimmick WOL became actively unlistenable.

Yeah, I didn't mind him at all before and he was often quite good, but he's doubled down on his "character" and it's often distracting at best and usually just completely derails or takes away from the show.

He's actually far better on a solo show or on Big Audio Nightmare, so I can only guess he's decided to push this take solely for his interactions with Bryan.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
lol if you ever listen to semp. we all should know better

Gold Sexy Body
Nov 17, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
it really sucks. Lots of the F4W crew have a gimmick of WE ACTUALLY HATE WRESTLING!!!! with Dave and Bryan as the mediators, but at least Vinny is funny to listen to. I mean, there's a reason people were excited for Bryan and Vinny to review some more TNA.

But yeah, Semp, just rambling sentences about how actually that thing you like? Completely and utterly RUINED because of some absolutely miserable, tiny, inconsequential detail that no one could possibly care about.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Gold Sexy Body posted:

it really sucks. Lots of the F4W crew have a gimmick of WE ACTUALLY HATE WRESTLING!!!! with Dave and Bryan as the mediators, but at least Vinny is funny to listen to. I mean, there's a reason people were excited for Bryan and Vinny to review some more TNA.

But yeah, Semp, just rambling sentences about how actually that thing you like? Completely and utterly RUINED because of some absolutely miserable, tiny, inconsequential detail that no one could possibly care about.

Vinny loves wrestling, but a lot of wrestling is actually very bad. I only ever listen to Dave and Vinny shows so like if the Wrestling Weekly guys hate wrestling I'll never know because in the first 10 minutes of their first episode they ran out the ol "If you've never wrestled you can't judge wrestling" so I never listened to them again.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Semp was at least semi-tolerable when he didn't know how annoying he was. Once he decided to make that his gimmick WOL became actively unlistenable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5dCopAZaq8

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Kin Corn Karn reference on B&V&G show warmed the very cockles of my heart.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Did Kyle O'Reilly implicate WWE in contract tampering on Talk is Jericho today? He admits that they had talks while he was under ROH contract?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it was a known thing at the time, roh even threatened legal action to get them to stop

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Putting Steve Corino all over the WWE website while apparently under ROH contract was the primary issue and wiped ROH's nose in it.

NXT got pretty lax/brazen in their approaches but ROH could look the other way on private conversations and phone calls but WWE gave them no other choice but to send a legal letter.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

oatgan posted:

it was a known thing at the time, roh even threatened legal action to get them to stop

I remember the threat of legal action, but it was still a surprise that he flat out said it on an approved podcast appearance.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/931559071836073985

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Wow that's awesome

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
....is that Damian Abraham with MiSu?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

....is that Damian Abraham with MiSu?

Yup. I think he's shooting his VICE show in Japan right now.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
O I thought that was Mike Elgin

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SalTheBard posted:

O I thought that was Mike Elgin

I thought it was Marty Scurll at first. Which woulda been made more sense since everyone in BC fears Suzuki.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Sempervive arguing with Bryan about the rumble is borderline unlistenable.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Incessant Excess posted:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is Semp worse than Todd Martin was? I hated Todd but he's been gone so long I kind of forget him

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I have always been under the impression that Mike took it upon himself to fill the "insufferable dweeb with dumb opinions" void left by Todd Martin.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

todd was 10 times better than semp

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i completely hated todd, i thought he was the worst person on a bryan produced show by far, but his shows were still listenable. WOL with semp is an unlistenable show, and it's completely semp's fault

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is it the Rumble where that guy (Mark?) makes his one appearance a year?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
He also helped review December to Dismember.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Semp, for whatever reason, is intentionally being this annoying. Todd literally can’t help it. He’s an insufferable douche who cannot ever admit that he’s wrong.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Incessant Excess posted:

Just caught up on this show and you weren't kidding, goddamn.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Todd at least gave us his wonderful rendition of Christian's opera theme. Semp screwed up a story about some chick dancing to one of his Tori Amos records that would've been amazing if told by anyone else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Some people didn't like the Black/Velveteen Dream match.
Vinny: Kill them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: Some people didn't like the Black/Velveteen Dream match.
Vinny: Kill them.
Vinny Was Right

Was there a WOR covering Takeover? My feed is only showing the Survivor Series recap show from last night

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
it's the 5th one down n the main feed.

here's a dorect link if you still need it http://www.f4wradio.com/podcast/111817wo.mp3

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Thanks friend, idk why it didn’t show in my feed in downcast

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I've been having issues with their podcast feed too. These showed up, but the WOR from Saturday didn't for whatever reason.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
replace semp with Ariel Italic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHFo7TC_y3o

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I've gotta say I have become really let down by Karl Stern's Longform History of Wrestling. He's hit the late 30s and it is basically still just reading off match results. Very little about how territories have formed and how the business is developing. It was fine for eras where we don't know much beyond the results and some news clippings but we have a ton of info on the 20s and 30s.

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017

i had no idea they got big enough to do live shows. that's really cool

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm listening to Something to Wrestle With - WM 9. The discussion between Conrad and Bruce about Hogan being champ for the European tour has me in tears from laughing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I've gotta say I have become really let down by Karl Stern's Longform History of Wrestling. He's hit the late 30s and it is basically still just reading off match results. Very little about how territories have formed and how the business is developing. It was fine for eras where we don't know much beyond the results and some news clippings but we have a ton of info on the 20s and 30s.

I've been keeping up and it has been sadly pretty underwhelming (DragonKing Dark however has really picked up) - it was a bit of a breath of fresh air when he took a small break and did a couple episodes about the Observer HOF ballot, and had some interesting things to say about the legitimacy of the HoF and how he thinks it should work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

ribtstu posted:

i had no idea they got big enough to do live shows. that's really cool

i am not joking when i say i want the nobodies to have on dave meltzer in the middle of their couch. i want dave meltzer shouting, "sasha banks weave watch" with jazz hands