Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What the hell is up with Illaoi? She just seems almost impossible to fight at all, I'm trying to learn Kled right now and in this game just now, she absolutely wrecked me and I couldn't figure out how to get her, got an executioners calling and it didn't seem to impede her crazy healing at all. Anyone got tips for Kled in general, I've been having some really great games but also a few really bad ones like that (singed also hosed me up earlier but he's always been a champ I have trouble against).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

thebardyspoon posted:

What the hell is up with Illaoi? She just seems almost impossible to fight at all, I'm trying to learn Kled right now and in this game just now, she absolutely wrecked me and I couldn't figure out how to get her, got an executioners calling and it didn't seem to impede her crazy healing at all. Anyone got tips for Kled in general, I've been having some really great games but also a few really bad ones like that (singed also hosed me up earlier but he's always been a champ I have trouble against).

you don't 1v1 (or 2v1) illaoi because she's a heimer-style lane bully. if you opt into a fight against her you've already lost the matchup

e: calling heimer a lane bully is extremely generous and mostly wrong but illaoi actually is and shares the same "don't gank after 6" basically

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah. so I was just overestimating Kleds ability to go all in since that seems to be his gimmick (and it's worked in a lot of other matchups). Her bullying prowess overpowers his fightiness I guess. So basically, against an Illaoi, if I'm winning the lane or keeping it relatively even it's going to be a very boring game essentially? Fair enough, I guess. Might just be my ban from now on.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Firebert posted:

http://www.probuilds.net/champions/details/Lux

pretty much everyone playing her mid goes ultimate hat, stop wasting mana so much

i will never stop wasting mana

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah. so I was just overestimating Kleds ability to go all in since that seems to be his gimmick (and it's worked in a lot of other matchups). Her bullying prowess overpowers his fightiness I guess. So basically, against an Illaoi, if I'm winning the lane or keeping it relatively even it's going to be a very boring game essentially? Fair enough, I guess. Might just be my ban from now on.

It's honestly a waste of a ban, as someone who plays her a lot she feels very weak right now. Just avoid her E and don't get into a duel post-6; as Kled you can actually roam and have CC to do something whereas Illaoi will just push lane and hope people are dumb enough to try and duel her.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

anti-magic posted:

It's honestly a waste of a ban, as someone who plays her a lot she feels very weak right now. Just avoid her E and don't get into a duel post-6; as Kled you can actually roam and have CC to do something whereas Illaoi will just push lane and hope people are dumb enough to try and duel her.

yeah this, ult mid (or tp to bot jungle and ult bot or something) and get kills there

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

anti-magic posted:

Interesting. I've felt like she's really powerful right now - takes great advantage of Resolve (particularly Demolish), and Triumph+Coup De Grace let her snowball off the win in lane. I'm terrible at the game though, so maybe I'm just too far down and not seeing the downsides.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Just won a game where the enemy Kayn had 48 kills.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Big McHuge posted:

Blue or Red?

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Rygar201 posted:

Blue or Red?

Blue, I think? I've only recently come back and it was my first time playing against a Kayn. He was one-shotting our ADC and Zoe "support". Thankfully top lane Warwick and myself (Udyr) in the jungle decided to go heavy into armor so we were able to pull off a late-game Baron, focus down Kayn, and push in to win. It was a pretty dumb game though, that's for sure.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

wodin posted:

Interesting. I've felt like she's really powerful right now - takes great advantage of Resolve (particularly Demolish), and Triumph+Coup De Grace let her snowball off the win in lane. I'm terrible at the game though, so maybe I'm just too far down and not seeing the downsides.

Yeah, they're not saying she's not strong in a straight up duel, just that she doesn't really have a way to force fights besides walking forward and hoping you stand and fight. Sure, she can threaten a lot melee champs off of cs and eventually pick away at your towers, but meanwhile you can safely get what farm you can and then roam and have abilities that let you start and win fights and get more objectives than she can alone.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the best top lane bans are like, yorick and teemo lmao. teemo is even seeing play in kespa cup as a support. the times we live in

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Zoe trip report: v fun to play, v hard to play well

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

the best top lane bans are like, yorick and teemo lmao. teemo is even seeing play in kespa cup as a support. the times we live in

Did you see the Xerath support today?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

Did you see the Xerath support today?

i cant tell if its just some goofy pocket pick or if runes are tilted so heavily to arcane comet/aery that this is just the obvious outcome

edit: i am fairly certain that double arcane comet is gonna be meta in pro play unless something wild comes out of nowhere

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

i cant tell if its just some goofy pocket pick or if runes are tilted so heavily to arcane comet/aery that this is just the obvious outcome

edit: i am fairly certain that double arcane comet is gonna be meta in pro play unless something wild comes out of nowhere

I think you're right and it's just really really good on a few mages

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

The same team played adc Varus full lethality poke build. I forgot if that was the xerath game because he also played Jhin.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

rabidsquid posted:

I'm pretty sure Phy has been saying "I think support xerath is gonna be a good pick this patch" for about 3 years now so eventually he has to be right

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

I wish I knew which Inspiration runes he was taking on her
Op.gg lets you check their runes per game now, under "Builds" :)

Vs Vlad

Vs Zed

Teikanmi posted:

Don’t take minion dematerializer on any champ ever. Instead learn how to last hit and manage your minion waves and mana.

The free 450 gold you get from magical boots is worth more than 6 minions that you can kill one every 10 seconds or whatever.

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah I don't see how minion dematerializer is any good at all
:v:

Orv posted:

If it works on super creeps then it could have a use in some kind of hell siege scenario but the game is so snowbally and lethal right now that sieges are basically an impossibility.
It does not.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Apdo literally pays a small team of people to optimize his rune pages, so I'm generally willing to go along with whatever he's running.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Turns out, "learning how to CS and manage mana is good" and "taking the rune that nullifies a champs' biggest weakness is good" are not mutually exclusive

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Big McHuge posted:

what was his item build

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just want to mention that jungle sion is cool and good.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Nov 22, 2017

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Apdo is playing versus bronze and silvers and is just messing around with runes. Don’t take minion dematerializer. You don’t need to one shot melee creeps early unless you’re trying to push out the wave at level 1 in which case you’re a retard. Don’t ever take that rune.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

Apdo is playing versus bronze and silvers and is just messing around with runes.

Apdo played with exactly the same runes in Silver and Gold games in season 7 as he did in Challenger-level games. He doesn't run troll runes or make weird picks at any MMR division. His runes have a very specific, concise goal which I've alluded to multiple times already. You take Minion Dematerializer on Lux because it allows you to reach the damage breakpoints you need to keep up with the waveclear of champions like Viktor, Syndra, and Taliyah while playing mid post-6, because not being able to one-hit melee creeps dramatically slows down your ability to quickly clear waves compared to the aforementioned champions.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

wodin posted:

I haven't tried her with Resolve as a primary rune to be honest because previously I liked playing her with Deathfire Touch and completely demolishing my lane instead. Nothing in the current runeset feels great in terms of curbstomping your lane/junglers which is unfortunate because that's what she is all about; being the tank of your team is painful because she cannot initiate anything and is dependent on a bad enemy engage to turn the tables. In terms of Riot balance she's probably "fine" but she feels pretty underwhelming at the moment.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Teikanmi posted:

Apdo is playing versus bronze and silvers and is just messing around with runes. Don’t take minion dematerializer. You don’t need to one shot melee creeps early unless you’re trying to push out the wave at level 1 in which case you’re a retard. Don’t ever take that rune.
It gives you a permanent buff to minion damage, for the rest of the game. The 6 minions you get to kill with the items are not the reason you take it. You can't even use them at level 1.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

misguided rage posted:

It gives you a permanent buff to minion damage, for the rest of the game. The 6 minions you get to kill with the items are not the reason you take it. You can't even use them at level 1.

Wait did people actually think it was just for like...6 free lane smites or something? Because if so, lmao, reading comprehension is even less common than I thought.

As for content, Minion Dematerializer is one of those runes that is only going to be useful once people have actually math'd out the breakpoints that it lets you hit. Case in point Apdo taking it on Lux to be able to keep up pressure in mid vs stronger waveclear. Once those breakpoints are known, then it will be really useful, but it's way more math than I care to do myself that's for sure.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

anti-magic posted:

I haven't tried her with Resolve as a primary rune to be honest because previously I liked playing her with Deathfire Touch and completely demolishing my lane instead. Nothing in the current runeset feels great in terms of curbstomping your lane/junglers which is unfortunate because that's what she is all about; being the tank of your team is painful because she cannot initiate anything and is dependent on a bad enemy engage to turn the tables. In terms of Riot balance she's probably "fine" but she feels pretty underwhelming at the moment.

I play a bit of illaoi too, but have also been thinking a lot of keystones are a bit ho hum on her. Tonight I'm going to try glacial augment so she can stick to targets better, then grabbing stopwatch, futures market for earlier power spikes, whatever in the bottom tier. Resolve would be secondary with demolish and second wind. Will see how I get on

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i dont know what the best illaoi keystone is, but i do know this. if you hit someone with e and then punch their ghost it activates klepto.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

rabidsquid posted:

i dont know what the best illaoi keystone is, but i do know this. if you hit someone with e and then punch their ghost it activates klepto.

Kleptomancy is the best because her whole kit is based around it and it basically amps your damage to the clone if you get a red pot or rouge potion which means your whole kit does more damage.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah I tried klepto and it felt okay? Got a few neat consumables but never felt like I was really pushing ahead.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just want to mention that jungle sion is cool and good.
(gifs)

That is some spicy gameplay :discourse:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I accept that I am wrong about minion dematerializer, I will try it.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

What changed that Teemo support is a thing this patch? Was it trending up and I just missed it? Or did some rear end in a top hat start streaming it.

Either way I queue supp/top and it's nice to be able to ban the same champ always.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Boxman posted:

What changed that Teemo support is a thing this patch? Was it trending up and I just missed it? Or did some rear end in a top hat start streaming it.

Either way I queue supp/top and it's nice to be able to ban the same champ always.

Teemo w/Aery is still stupidly strong and blinding dart is an automatic trade winner in botlane so now it might actually have some vague merit to it

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The big reason that Teemo support works is that he gets to effectively double dip with Aery, since the lingering effect of his E poison means that Aery will proc twice (once on the initial hit, once again with the poison ticks). He's close to useless if the enemy duo has sufficient waveclear to simply shove the lane into his turret 24/7, however.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
sounds like easy bait for your jungler to come in and kill their blind rear end

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

sounds like easy bait for your jungler to come in and kill their blind rear end

Teemo has zero gank followup or setup, especially if his nose is pressed under the tower forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

will the goon who played teemo support to challenger in season 3 please report to league of legends immediately.