Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

That mustache makes him look vaguely evil.
They do a good job CGI-ing it out for the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/931706072418566144

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So like two episodes after Killer Frost and Iris become good friends Iris goes back to ignoring her?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I am so loving excited for next week, you guys.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Isn't Victor Garber like a fairly good actor? Because his Jax was awful, meanwhile Jax was killing it as Stein

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Isn't Victor Garber like a fairly good actor? Because his Jax was awful, meanwhile Jax was killing it as Stein

He is. Watch Alias, the man singlehandedly saved that show after it went irrevocably to poo poo. But he's also like 9 months past done with being on this show so I don't entirely fault him for phoning one in... even if this one one was destined to happen since the moment he signed on to the show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

WhyteRyce posted:

So like two episodes after Killer Frost and Iris become good friends Iris goes back to ignoring her?

I assume she's the one taking the picture.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

That was my thought too. Though according to Brandon Routh actor availability for the crossover was kind of a madcap spinning plates situation where they could only have actors on the Waverider set for like 20 minutes before they had to run across town and film something else. So who know?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
I have to say, Grodd's model seems to get better looking with every episode he shows up in.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

twistedmentat posted:

Take a selfie old man

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I guess Mick finally set his flamethrower to murder instead of knockdown.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Zebulon posted:

I have to say, Grodd's model seems to get better looking with every episode he shows up in.

It's probably because they saved all that money having him take out Alpha Company in the open with what I assume was either telekinesis or airbending

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
So a new Legion of Doom centered around the mysterious entity with Dahrk as the front man. Not as good as the previous three man band, but Darhk still lights up the villain's side of the show.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Has Grod been watching movies? I wouldn't have thought he'd particularly interested. And do the Superman movies exist in this continuity? That's pretty weird given that Superman really exists over on Supergirl's Earth.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was a weird version of LBJ. Seemed more like a Truman.

I liked how they had the airstrike be the proper prop planes rather than jets.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So here's a plothole that's been bugging me for the last couple of weeks. Did we ever figure out where that Cheeto came from?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

So here's a plothole that's been bugging me for the last couple of weeks. Did we ever figure out where that Cheeto came from?

Somewhere, Clifford DeVoe leans back and steeples his fingers. Everything is going according to plan.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

My favorite part of this is Dinah wearing her mask.

It's like, every character in this room knows who you are, you're totally doing that because you want to.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Was it just me or did it seem super cold-blooded that Stein's plan is just to dump Grodd into napalm, especially against the comedic backdrop of being helped out by foppish Isaac Newton. I mean when he said "Gideon, I have a plan" I just assumed he meant something more like burning Grodd alive.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

discworld is all I read posted:

Was it just me or did it seem super cold-blooded that Stein's plan is just to dump Grodd into napalm, especially against the comedic backdrop of being helped out by foppish Isaac Newton. I mean when he said "Gideon, I have a plan" I just assumed he meant something more like burning Grodd alive.

Ehhh. Grodd's plan involved starting a nuclear war and then became the chrono-genocide of humanity. Split second decision to dump his gorilla rear end into a napalm fire seems justified.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Plus, this is like the third straight time that Grodd’s been offered a peaceful way out of a crisis he himself perpetuated only to slap it away in bad faith. Hell yeah dump his gorilla rear end in the fire. Fucker just doesn’t want to learn.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

nine-gear crow posted:

Plus, this is like the third straight time that Grodd’s been offered a peaceful way out of a crisis he himself perpetuated only to slap it away in bad faith. Hell yeah dump his gorilla rear end in the fire. Fucker just doesn’t want to learn.
One thing that bothers me about Grodd is, can't he read minds? So why does he always think someone's betrayed him when they haven't?

8one6
May 20, 2012

Tiggum posted:

One thing that bothers me about Grodd is, can't he read minds? So why does he always think someone's betrayed him when they haven't?

On top of being a telepathic gorilla he's also a paranoid rear end in a top hat who will always jump to the worst conclusion.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Tiggum posted:

He’s a super genius who constantly makes bad decisions? Don’t call him a Villain. He’s a LEGEND!

8one6
May 20, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

He’s a super genius who constantly makes bad decisions? Don’t call him a Villain. He’s a LEGEND!

If they don't have the budget for Firestorm they certainly don't have the budget for Grodd every week.
Don't get peoples hopes up like that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

8one6 posted:

On top of being a telepathic gorilla he's also a paranoid rear end in a top hat who will always jump to the worst conclusion.

Yeah, this. He doesn't need to read minds because clearly they're stabbing him in the back, so why bother?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tiggum posted:

His telepathy evolved and allows him to read the script.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
This episode was great and Mick is loving incredible.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

XboxPants posted:

This episode was great and Mick is loving incredible.

Mick and his dad grunting at each other made my day.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Which Arrowverse shows are worth watching this season? I've only watched Legends so far.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Spacebump posted:

Which Arrowverse shows are worth watching this season? I've only watched Legends so far.

By some miracle, they're all good this season, even Flash.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

King of Solomon posted:

This goon speaks the truth.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

Shutup! You're gonna jinx it!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

King of Solomon posted:

The last episode was pretty bad though.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Xelkelvos posted:

So a new Legion of Doom centered around the mysterious entity with Dahrk as the front man. Not as good as the previous three man band, but Darhk still lights up the villain's side of the show.

I can't accept a Legion of Doom without Malcolm Merlyn. Barrowman and McDonough were the delight of LoT's 2nd season.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

The last episode was pretty bad though.

I'm sort of willing to give this one a pass because the majority of everyone's energy was focused on doing the crossover around that point. Still, if that one ends up being the worst episode of the season, then that's still pretty drat good for post-season 1 Flash.

V-Men posted:

I can't accept a Legion of Doom without Malcolm Merlyn. Barrowman and McDonough were the delight of LoT's 2nd season.

Same, but for Thawne. The show is sadly lacking without Matt Letscher being an amazing bastard on it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

It's really amazing that the guy they initially picked up just to be a quick one-off turned out to be a great Thawne in his own right.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

McSpanky posted:

It's really amazing that the guy they initially picked up just to be a quick one-off turned out to be a great Thawne in his own right.

Still disappointed that Thawne never visited pre-statehood California.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Still disappointed that Thawne never visited pre-statehood California.

One good thing about Legends and Thawne is that there's always time. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

So what are the chances that they're really selling Jax's "I don't want to be Firestorm anymore, but I still want powers" angle over the course of the crossover as setup for turning him into Cyborg? When his role was initially announced, everyone thought he was going to be Cyborg because he basically had the same backstory as him, AND he's an expert futuretech mechanic now thanks to his years on the Waverider. So maybe they're finally letting him be the character they wanted him to be from the start now that the WB's easing the stick out of its rear end w/r/t movie-only character embargoes now that the DCEU is full-on imploding.