Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I like it when episodes have subplots like maybe Andrew's going mad?

That's the extra spice that makes WHM one of my favourite podcasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'd somehow never even heard of this movie and I'm not entirely certain they didn't just make it up. Come on, a knife salesman?

e: jesus the guy directed Top Gun, The Hunger, True Romance, and Days of Thunder. That's an impressively schizophrenic filmography

precision fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 16, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Was this a Major League sequel or prequel?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

DoubleCakes posted:

I like it when episodes have subplots like maybe Andrew's going mad?

That's the extra spice that makes WHM one of my favourite podcasts.

It's crazy how much better they are than something like Half in the Bag's years-long "gay marriage LOL" plotline despite spending a fraction as much effort and time on it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Guy Mann posted:

It's crazy how much better they are than something like Half in the Bag's years-long "gay marriage LOL" plotline despite spending a fraction as much effort and time on it.

'Mr Plinkette is excited for the honeymoon and informs Rich(?) that his butthole is like a wet paper bag.'

Vs.

'the whispers only Andrew can hear are telling him to do things'

:thunk:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

kalensc posted:

I was/am a stalwart Crichton defender (lessening as time goes on) and oh yeah that novel is beyond eyebrow-raising. Very glad that I read it well after his better works.

The IDEOTV ep on Timeline is a good listen if you're into bad book podcasting.

I read it in high school and didn't know better so I bought fully into the idea that Japan was going to own our entire country in a few years. It does the usual Crichton thing of having a dozen pages of references at the end but instead of Chaos theory and dinosaur research it's all racist pseudo-economics.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Have they made any mention on twitter about doing an onscreen of Justice League or a full blown ep? I wonder if they'd save it for worst of 2017.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think the odds of them doing an onscreen for it are really high, they've done one for every(?) DC movie so far. They know their audience lusts for comic book blood.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Jiro posted:

Have they made any mention on twitter about doing an onscreen of Justice League or a full blown ep? I wonder if they'd save it for worst of 2017.

They have, though both Andrew and Steve said they didn't hate it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

A Proper Uppercut posted:

They have, though both Andrew and Steve said they didn't hate it.

Chris Cabin on the other hand tweeted a pic of his ticket in the toilet

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

precision posted:

I think the odds of them doing an onscreen for it are really high, they've done one for every(?) DC movie so far. They know their audience lusts for comic book blood.

I think I saw an Andrew tweet saying it'd be an on-screen soon and they just needed to work out scheduling.

Along that topic, I am 95% sure that it was WHM (Andrew specifically) in a very old episode who mentioned that a common saying among teens was how "I'm wicked thirsty" meant horny. I'd like to both thank as well as curse WHM for actually enabling my brain to get that "joke" during Justice League.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
https://twitter.com/ericszyszka/status/932653314952646657

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
What movies are the likely episodes for Worst of 2017 month anyway?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Andorra posted:

Book of Henry is a lock, I'm sure.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Andorra posted:

Four episodes about The Book of Henry

Edit: :hfive:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

God I love these precious creatures.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I hope The Bye Bye Man is one of the worst of 2017 just so Eric can get some catharsis.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

When you are regular-degular

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Jerk McJerkface posted:

When you are regular-degular

I’ve introduced this into my office as regular-degular American slang and it’s slowly catching on.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

I read it in high school and didn't know better so I bought fully into the idea that Japan was going to own our entire country in a few years. It does the usual Crichton thing of having a dozen pages of references at the end but instead of Chaos theory and dinosaur research it's all racist pseudo-economics.

Even Kurt Vonnegut wrote a book about Japanese businesses taking over America, it was definitely in the zeitgeist.

DoombatINC posted:

Four episodes about The Book of Henry

Edit: :hfive:

The movie so bad it permanently altered the course of the largest film franchise on Earth.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Guy Mann posted:

The movie so bad it permanently altered the course of the largest film franchise on Earth.

Huh? I would like to know more.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Iron Crowned posted:

Huh? I would like to know more.

The director of Book of Henry; Colin Trevorrow ; was supposed to do Star Wars Episode 9, but was fired from the project right after Book of Henry came out.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

enigmahfc posted:

The director of Book of Henry; Colin Trevorrow ; was supposed to do Star Wars Episode 9, but was fired from the project right after Book of Henry came out.

And here I was trying to figure out how it fit into the MCU :negative:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bobkatt013 posted:

Chris Cabin on the other hand tweeted a pic of his ticket in the toilet

Don't kink shame.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

enigmahfc posted:

Was it ever confirmed that the ep 9 change was because of that?

Other potentials:

Monster Trucks
The Mummy
Rings
The Shack
King Arthur
Ghost in the Shell

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

^ I haven't even heard of half of those and in the UK Rings was one of those a few ads the week its due to come out and then radio silence.

The Unnamed One
Jan 13, 2012

"BOOM!"
Have they mentioned The Snowman, starring Michael Fassbender as Detective Harry Hole?

Heh. Assbender

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Okay, the Ronnie Cox /ED-209 bit in the new ep is some top-tier, classic WHM.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Andrew looks like he's had about about ten tall glasses of water

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It always weirds me out to see pictures of the guys because Eric sounds like he has a beard and he's the only one of them who doesn't have one.

stop loving up my headcanon WHM!!!!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Zore posted:

It always weirds me out to see pictures of the guys because Eric sounds like he has a beard and he's the only one of them who doesn't have one.

On the other hand, Chris sounds the beardiest and is the beardiest.

GrandpaPants posted:

Other potentials:

Monster Trucks
The Mummy
Rings
The Shack
King Arthur
Ghost in the Shell

What I saw of Monster Trucks, I think it's too safe and kid-friendly to be an episode. It was harmless, or maybe that's the point? The WHM guys they can make episodes out of nothing.

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Chris got a real slightly-younger Robert Baratheon from GoT thing going on.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wesley snipes is a land of contrasts

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Wesley Snipes for multiverse Superman.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Zore posted:

I've always felt that Eric and Steve have each other's names.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

GrandpaPants posted:

Other potentials:

Monster Trucks
The Mummy
Rings
The Shack
King Arthur
Ghost in the Shell

I would assume Emoji Movie is a potential episode unless that's one of those movies where they flat out said nope.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

duz posted:

I've always felt that Eric and Steve have each other's names.

Eric makes more sense if you remember Andrew described him as a GoT wilding.

This Murder at 1600 episode is gold, ED-209 being chased away to the hills was genius. Snipesgiving is a wonderful time of year.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

did that movie really try to sell Wesley Snipes character as a dedicated miniature collector/painter

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

is there much civil war memorabilia from the north??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
The existing country, to begin with.