Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
maybe China should try enforcing its laws instead of depending on western companies to encourage their Chinese contractors to act legally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

wow an entire six students worked overtime and got paid for it, international scandal

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Application Specific Information:
Crashing on exception: Cannot lock focus on image <NSImage 0x6fr15706bf50 Size={0, 0} Reps=(
)>, because it is size zero.
Bundle controller class:
BrowserBundleController

tim stop

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Bulgakov posted:

<NSImage 0x6fr15706bf50 Size={0, 0} Reps=(
)>

that’s not a valid hex number

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

The Management posted:

i guess the snowflakes at crapple decided to "think different" !!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/9to5mac/status/933358571240247296

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yes, please

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
just gimme an se with the 7's guts and I'm there

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yesssss :drum:

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Is there even another 4 inch smartphone that you can buy new today or have android manufacturers completely abandoned the form factor

e: i just checked Verizon's website for "up to 4.5" screen" and it's the SE and 9 flipphones

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Chris Knight posted:

just gimme an se with the 7's guts and I'm there

You're in luck since that's probably what it will be.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

yes timb YES

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

The Management posted:

the crash is real but the replacement keyboard things I mashed so u don't steal my identity aren't!!

timmy cookie please stop

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hm i might actually get behind this. what is the spring event time, march?

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
work gave me a touchbar macbook and wow you lot weren’t kidding about how poo poo this is

is there seriously no way to adjust its brightness, or to force it to be function keys globally rather than per app?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Soricidus posted:

work gave me a touchbar macbook and wow you lot weren’t kidding about how poo poo this is

is there seriously no way to adjust its brightness, or to force it to be function keys globally rather than per app?

there is a reason 2015 mbp is still sold on apple store

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
I still stand by spending someone else’s money

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Linguica posted:

Is there even another 4 inch smartphone that you can buy new today or have android manufacturers completely abandoned the form factor

e: i just checked Verizon's website for "up to 4.5" screen" and it's the SE and 9 flipphones

there's a handful, but they're universally garbage.

for just $40 you can buy a blu advance a4 and have all your data sent to china! http://a.co/bdIsXD3

EndlessRagdoll
May 20, 2016

Soricidus posted:

got one of these from work as well. can confirm that the touchbar is loving garbage.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Soricidus posted:

the brightness thing is so bullshit, esp since it literally dims the touchbar when there's no activity, right before it turns off (making it a two-step process to hit ESC if you've been reading or watching a video :argh:)

you can make it always show function keys with the dropdown in preferences > keyboard > "touch bar shows"

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

The Management posted:

maybe China should try enforcing its laws instead of depending on western companies to encourage their Chinese contractors to act legally.

is there any lovely practice you won't defend Apple on?

zen death robot
May 27, 2001

quote:

The new iPhone SE 2 will cost about $450 and will be aimed at sales in emerging markets, according to the report, which did not cite sources.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/22/apple-will-release-a-new-and-cheaper-iphone-by-july-report.html

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching

they're going to take away the headphone jack

pram
Jun 10, 2001
good

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

thank you

bluetooth exists

ffs

if you like in-ears there are real good ones that are discrete and don't feature a wire to your pocket

if you like over ears there are yuge ones that have their own memory and big cushy loving pads and noise cancellation that drown out the filthy outside world

3.5mm sucks rear end and is a waste of space*

*i still feel like thicc fones would be better than thin just for battery life but once people spend a few hundos apparently they need to have kate moss in they pocket

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
I ended up getting an 8. It's cool and good. I don't miss the 3.5 although (since one of my primary headphone use-cases is "listening while falling asleep" and I don't have Bluetooth headphones yet) I've had to recharge in the car and/or at work.

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Nov 27, 2017

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

lmao

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

6.35 or bust

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

EndlessRagdoll posted:

got one of these from work as well. can confirm that the touchbar is loving garbage.

same, not my money and it still makes me angry and I feel bad for not getting a non touchbar mac

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

syscall girl posted:

thank you

bluetooth exists

ffs

if you like in-ears there are real good ones that are discrete and don't feature a wire to your pocket

if you like over ears there are yuge ones that have their own memory and big cushy loving pads and noise cancellation that drown out the filthy outside world

*i still feel like thicc fones would be better than thin just for battery life but once people spend a few hundos apparently they need to have kate moss in they pocket

what if you like music making and no lag on your sound inputs

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

what if you like music making and no lag on your sound inputs

true that

leaving bt headphones on and then taking a call is kinda wonky

and mine are plantronics so if those guys haven't figured out how to fix lag after being around that long the protocol needs work

theodop
Dec 30, 2005

rock solid, heart touching

syscall girl posted:

thank you

bluetooth exists

ffs

ah yes let me just pay more and introduce a bunch more possible points of failure for no real benefit, as befits a genious

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

theodop posted:

ah yes let me just pay more and introduce a bunch more possible points of failure for no real benefit, as befits a genious

i don't really get this

bluetooth headphones are better for most uses

i use them for music but they are adequate for calls, not great but they aren't problematic

maybe put them over your panniculus, they don't sync through a meter of water

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i like headphones i don't have to charge

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

infernal machines posted:

i like headphones i don't have to charge

well how much cash do you have then

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

syscall girl posted:

leaving bt headphones on and then taking a call is kinda wonky

and mine are plantronics so

:thunk:

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

AirPods work fantastic for pairing, music playback, and calls. and with the charging case, keeping them charged up is a snap!

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Grassy Knowles posted:

well how much cash do you have then

I LOLed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
some dad-tier puns up in here

THC posted:

AirPods work fantastic for pairing, music playback, and calls. and with the charging case, keeping them charged up is a snap!

apple has never made a decent sounding headphone and i refuse to believe the airpods are somehow a departure from this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
the AirPods sound like $160 earbuds, because that's how much I paid for them.