Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

7,4 million. I never want the laugh train to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

What is happening :ohdear:

I hope we all get cat avatars, tbh

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Toops posted:

Technology, you see, is useless. It's self-defeating. It is a twisted spiral down into the bowels of the ego. It is killing us. We must return to the ancient traditions that connect us to the earth, the wood, the water, to the air, and our families and friends. Shut down your machine. Unplug your monitors. Tumble your TV's down into the ravine. Hurl your Xbox 1XPlusXSuperPlusXtreme in the tide for to rock and to roll along silent floors of the ocean.

:yeah:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

Makes sense, they don't have the content to put together an anniversary stream and a holiday stream, and pushing the livestream back to the latest possible date buys them time to wave their hands around frantically before they finally break it to the backers that lol you're not getting a major patch this year you loving turds.

Also, here's the gif version of that for your archives, if'n you're missing it.

Right. And they already said that SQ42 was going to be the holiday stream reveal. Not that they're going to show any gameplay of course; but who knows?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Nobody told me CIG was promising two more JPEGs so I take zero responsibility for my low estimate. But if it turns out to be accurate then I TOTALLY CALLED IT!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'm somewhat curious what their 3.0 version scheme will be after they pass through z. Last leak they were at X.

aa?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Goons grasping at straws. Sales have always been successful and predicting doom at each one of them is pathetic.

You're being willfully ignorant. Nobody is predicting doom. We're predicting sales numbers. You see, there's a difference.

And for a company that is burning through over $3m per month, any month they don't make that amount, means that they're in the Red. It's just basic math.

----------------

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'm somewhat curious what their 3.0 version scheme will be after they pass through z. Last leak they were at X.

aa?

Well they still have the Greek, Hebrew, and X'ian alphabets

Looking forward to patch א

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Wuxi posted:

Also great future thread title

It is a good one, but one day soon I expect to wake up to two thousand new posts and the thread title changed to five simple words:

Star Citizen has stopped working

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Also its not really a gimmick. You guys are always wrong.

Look pal, why don't you go take a long walk off a short landing pad.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Enchanted Hat posted:

Because I have (a moderate amount of) faith in humanity, I'm guessing that the pledges will go way down. $2 million.

On the other hand, CIG's marketing team has displayed an uncanny knack for stimulating the normally inactive emotional pleasure centers in brains of their fans, 95% percent of whom are further along the autism spectrum than they would ever admit to themselves. CIG is like an attractive, sexually available female who finds trilbies attractive, likes guys who paint Warhammer miniatures, and thinks Japanese tentacle guro is almost as good as Japanese hentai harem comedies for watching on "date night". Once the neckbeard is lured in, he will angrily defend m'lady with every katana in his collection, because the Aegis Javelin is his waifu, and no Chad is gonna tell him that she was a waste of his money and time.

That's why I guessed $9 million: because I have zero faith in this segment of humanity. In general, people are dumb, and Star Citizen fans are unfathomably dumber than that.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 22, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Right. And they already said that SQ42 was going to be the holiday stream reveal. Not that they're going to show any gameplay of course; but who knows?

God I would be so stoked if they showed a mission from SQ42, even an incomplete one. I need another hit of that terrible terrible writing. I mean... they won't, of course. But maybe we'll get some footage of whichever actors still haven't had their attorneys call and separate them from the project lmao.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

You're being willfully ignorant. Nobody is predicting doom. We're predicting sales numbers. You see, there's a difference.

And for a company that is burning through over $3m per month, any month they don't make that amount, means that they're in the Red. It's just basic math.

This is why he keeps doing it.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Imagine how upset everyone would be if CIG delivered two ships it sold last year instead of promising two more.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

D_Smart posted:

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

dude has been on the internet longer than some people posting in this thread have probably been alive and he touts himself as a grandmaster troll then repeatedly falls for the most low effort poo poo.

As soon as someone not blocked points this out he will go straight into 100% guaranteed puppetmaster action.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Assrapistdude420 lives on in spirit

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

no_recall posted:

Current guesses for their black friday / anniversary week sale. (in millions).

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
big nipples big life - 1.7
Zzr - 4.2

Did i miss anyone? Keep them coming.

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.

I’m gonna go with 4.8. :)

I don’t think the well is dry, and if they do something crazy with two new ships it’ll be good for them. If one of those ships is a carrier of some sort, it’ll probably go up to like 6m.

With the rumors of player counts doing nothing but going up, like the last leak said 100 players in an instance, this sounds like serious gearing up to put some big capital ships on sale again, or make new ones to sell off.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Beet Wagon posted:

God I would be so stoked if they showed a mission from SQ42, even an incomplete one. I need another hit of that terrible terrible writing. I mean... they won't, of course. But maybe we'll get some footage of whichever actors still haven't had their attorneys call and separate them from the project lmao.

Squadron 42 would be magical. You could look at it and say, here it is, CIG's attempt at a normal game, with no "but it's never been done before" bullshit to hide behind

This is precisely why they will never show any of it to anyone

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
If anyone believes the 100 player thing I have a ship to sell them

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Contingency posted:

Miller ERS, described in the Crucible stretch goal: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/funding-goals

:cripes:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

intardnation posted:

cant wait for the hackers to get all the land like archage and see the qq. I bought this land it is mine!

CIG has not even begun to integrate anti cheating technology. :)

It will be a wasteland of hackers.

Last I heard, their current cheater detection system was “send us a video of the cheating in progress”. :allears:

Goosfraba
Feb 26, 2016

no_recall posted:

1.3 mil.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Imagine how many infinite money glitches there will be in their spaghetti code.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

UEC glitches, item dupe glitches, etc

I can't wait

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

dude has been on the internet longer than some people posting in this thread have probably been alive and he touts himself as a grandmaster troll then repeatedly falls for the most low effort poo poo.

As soon as someone not blocked points this out he will go straight into 100% guaranteed puppetmaster action.

Wasn't he clicking on that poo poo anyway?

no_recall posted:

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
Zzr - 4.2

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.

3.3, based on the science of rolling dice.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

$10 million

Because I believe in the power of what we say here coming true

And that the backers are riddled with the stupids

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER

Some people want to roleplay Captain Kirk, some Cmdr Sheridan, and others dream of being the L-shaped block in Tetris. Star Citizen is truly all things to all people.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Remember that glitch in 2.something where you got infinite money by shooting one end of a space station?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beet Wagon posted:

How come you didn't mention our very own Pusher? She's the only actress we're particularly interested in seeing; and she's very much still involved in the project. We don't give a poo poo about those other has-beens. :colbert:

----------------

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
the star citizen project will only make money as long as it remains in development and as long as they keep citizens imagining what might be in the game without dispelling any of it outright

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TheRealGremlich/status/933130200145113088

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Can we retire the Derek focused reddit posts now that the sub is dead?

If one person (besides Derek) says they want to keep seeing these I'll shut up but I have a suspicion we've had enough.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Is this the longest you've kept your gimmick going on a new account? Does it still hook fish? I mostly just press last post on this thread these days.

He had a hugely successful run in GBS recently for several months. People were even getting pissed off enough to buy banner ads linking to his posts. Unfortunately one of the people I troll in GBS also follows Star Citizen, saw me here, and started accusing me of being SD in every thread to try and get me permabanned which led to the hammer coming down on the real thing.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

If one person (besides Derek) says they want to keep seeing these I'll shut up but I have a suspicion we've had enough.

my neighbor's dog barks like mad whenever one shows up so that might be vote

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

no_recall posted:

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
Zzr - 4.2

Count me in for 0.7 million

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Chairman's Club Newsletter posted:

Finally, Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 is getting closer to a PTU release. We would love for you to help with testing. If you're interested, keep an eye out for an email inviting you to join us. We are expecting to go to PTU before your next concierge newsletter on December 20th.

quote:

We’re two days away from this year’s Anniversary Special and have a lot to celebrate, including eight straight days of Ship Shape highlighting some of your favorite ships, 20% off all merchandise, and a very special Happy Hour where you can help us decide on a Drake ship to add to Star Citizen. Also, be sure to take The Observer test for your chance to win a new concept ship from Anvil Aerospace -- the Hawk. All the rules will be on the website starting Friday. Those of you interested in picking up an Idris-P or Javelin, 50 of each will be available in the following time slots:
Saturday — 12:30 PM PST, 6:30 PM PST Sunday — 12:30 AM PST, 6:30 AM PST

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Registration date: Oct 28, 2017

Date of lols policy change request: Nov 22, 2017

Metric quality of posts: F-

Response: DENIED! Sit down. STFU. Buy a JPEG

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Registration date: Oct 28, 2017

Date of lols policy change request: Nov 22, 2017

Metric quality of posts: F-

Response: DENIED! Sit down. STFU. Buy a JPEG

:ughh: