Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So the ship on the poster is called the Hawk. Looking at it, it's obviously a fighter, because those tend to sell really well. I'd been hearing rumblings about a heavy fighter going on sale, but had suspected it to be a Xi'an (or whatever they're calling the Space Chinese) for that extra grab. Thinking maybe the two new ships are both fighters. It would make sense, it's something CIG can fart out reasonably quickly compared to say a pocket carrier.

e: Thanksgiving prep taxxe

Beet Wagon fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Registration date: Oct 28, 2017

Date of lols policy change request: Nov 22, 2017

Metric quality of posts: F-

Response: DENIED! Sit down. STFU. Buy a JPEG

amazing

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Im telling you, he cried when they started locking down his subreddit

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I completely forgot they paid a ton of celebs a ton of money to mocap for their game lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Phi230 posted:

I completely forgot they paid a ton of celebs a ton of money to mocap for their game lol

So did Chris!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Right. And they already said that SQ42 was going to be the holiday stream reveal. Not that they're going to show any gameplay of course; but who knows?

Lordy I hope maybe we will get more of those Aircraft carrier in space crew animations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i hope your engineer npc loses an arm when you turn on your space engines while he's still tinkering with it even though he told you not to turn on the engine and then you have to go through space liability insurance and space workman comp to fix everything or my immersion is ruined

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Phi230 posted:

don't forget at least 2 were right at the end of a season or maybe just before the start of a new season of game of thrones, so the actors would have warranted a pretty penny to come mocap with chris for over a month straight

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

No Star Citizen anniversary live stream this year. Obviously because the much touted, one year late, 3.0 build is completely & flat-out BROKEN; and they simply can't play/show it live.

Don't worry though, that's not going to affect the obligatory end of year JPEG ship sale cash grab.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/home-featured-content/16249-The-Anniversary-Special

Seeing as they are most definitely engaging in a Ponzi-like scheme, if you put in for your refund now, they will have money next month to give you. New sales, fund old sales refunds.

Thank you for the heads-up.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
r/starcitizen: Star Citizen expected to go to PTU before December 20th - Chairmans Club News

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:colbert:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-3YBuFI3iI&t=1444s

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Lordy I hope maybe we will get more of those Aircraft carrier in space crew animations.

This is another perfect example of Chris being stuck up his own rear end and his self delusions of just wanting to 'direct' something

We are already moving away from human controlled everything, because humans introduce errors in what can be a relatively simple process

Hell we will probably have automated bulldozers for clearing the space flight deck in 1,000 years

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Only a year and 4 days late! Progress!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

They're really ramping up the 'in lore' persona's

I feel like this is a way for them to disassociate with everything when poo poo goes sideways

BUT your honor I signed that as a virtual character ACTING as Sandi playing the role of the Information Director

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

…I wonder…

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

lol doing the same poo poo as last year. "Hopefully not before December 19th."

Also selling 50 Idris' and Javelins.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

YES!! I totally called it that they had no choice but to release something called 3.0 by year end. They had NO choice. Like, at all.

God I can't wait for Shitizens to get a load of what we've been playing this whole time. It's an epic disaster.

Then again, seeing as the anniversary sale ends Dec 2nd, this could be a ruse to get whales to fund their lies, then at the last minute, it's delayed to 2018.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
whelp.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tippis posted:

…I wonder…

I would eat this.

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

Toops posted:

Technology, you see, is useless. It's self-defeating. It is a twisted spiral down into the bowels of the ego. It is killing us. We must return to the ancient traditions that connect us to the earth, the wood, the water, to the air, and our families and friends. Shut down your machine. Unplug your monitors. Tumble your TV's down into the ravine. Hurl your Xbox 1XPlusXSuperPlusXtreme in the tide for to rock and to roll along silent floors of the ocean.

I can't connect with nature while the ravines all full of your trash.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Complimentary Perks

Last month we revealed that all Chairman’s Club members receive the perks of High Admiral. This includes special hangar flair and the Executive Edition of Klaus & Werner’s Arclight II Laser Pistol. This pistol will be accessible to you when Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 goes live

wtf is chairmans club. Like how much more than concierage do you have to spend.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

This is a classic example of cultist thinking.

Frontier is BAD. So anyone remotely associated with Frontier is instantly tagged with everything else in the BAD category - a shill, a refunder, a hater, a secret spy for the forces of reaction, a Derek Smart alt, and of course incredibly salty and mad that they're merely playing a functional game rather than the glory that is Star Citizen.

So every single poster who expresses a positive opinion about Frontier must be immediately attacked because they're secretly a spy and a hater and probably working even now to bring down CIG with some nefarious Derek plot. Because that is what people who like Frontier totally do all the time when vigilant citizens aren't looking.

Frontier and LOD and their ilk are bleakly fascinating case studies where the Shitizenry are involved. They're embarrassingly good but the cultists can't possibly permit someone to ever say that, because they're too busy patrolling for wrongthink. The enemy is BAD by definition. The enemy is all bad things. Alternatively Star Citizen must be GOOD even when the wheels fall off. So any badness from Star Citizen is really somehow from the enemy and that means the other games get all SC's faults projected onto them.

Line of Defence is a useful scapegoat here - it's a game made by the Enemy in the same genre as Star Citizen, firmly on the BAD side of the line. So any and all awkwardness the cultist feels about SC can be transferred to it. Oh, a Star Citizen demo was bad and a vehicle fell off a ramp? Well in Line of Defence there aren't any vehicles. Or ramps. And vehicles fall off ramps all the time and explode and break your computer and kill kittens and please please accept the bad things I have to think about Star Citizen are really about Line of Defence because otherwise I have to stare reality in the face and it hurts.

I genuinely believe that if stressed hard enough, you could get a really-far-gone shitizen to claim that a particularly embarrassing piece of Star Citizen footage is actually from Line of Defence.

Loxbourne fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Nov 22, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

YES!! I totally called it that they had no choice but to release something called 3.0 by year end. They had NO choice. Like, at all.

God I can't wait for Shitizens to get a load of what we've been playing this whole time. It's an epic disaster.

Then again, seeing as the anniversary sale ends Dec 2nd, this could be a ruse to get whales to fund their lies, then at the last minute, it's delayed to 2018.

Stfu you insufferable man-baby. This time last year, you called that 3.0 wasn't even happening. No author on the face of this planet could even come close to changing the narrative more times than you have since THE JULY BLOGGGGGGgGGGGggggg.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

big nipples big life posted:

dude has been on the internet longer than some people posting in this thread have probably been alive and he touts himself as a grandmaster troll then repeatedly falls for the most low effort poo poo.

As soon as someone not blocked points this out he will go straight into 100% guaranteed puppetmaster action.

and you fall for the reverse drive-by troll.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It would appear forums poster MoMA cannot find his chill.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

SCtrumpHaters posted:

If anyone believes the 100 player thing I have a ship to sell them

How much?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Of course the first word in their pig latin is "FIDELES" of course!

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Beet Wagon posted:

Maybe they train a new guy for the job? So we are gonna get even more momas

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Stfu you insufferable man-baby.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AutismVaccine posted:

and you fall for the reverse drive-by troll.

reverse inverse*

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
hello star citizen thread I haven't been following what's been going on very closely for the past few months.

Am I right in assuming that amazing single player experience Squadron 42 that is remarkably close to completion is now complete vaporware and forgotten about?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Stfu you insufferable man-baby. This time last year, you called that 3.0 wasn't even happening. No author on the face of this planet could even come close to changing the narrative more times than you have since THE JULY BLOGGGGGGgGGGGggggg.

Well MoMa. It's good to see you back in the thread and with such incredible holiday cheer I might add. Not wanting to put too fine of a point on it, but I am not an author of anything but my own small collection of shitpostings, but I have always stated that there will be no 3.0. Now I hope you have a good Thanksgiving and spend it with your family and people that care about you. This is, after all a dumb video game that we all come here to shoot the poo poo and laugh about together.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

ManofManyAliases posted:

lol

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Nope. Back in 2016, I said that it didn't EXIST. And that croberts LIED when he said it did and that it was coming on|before Dec 19th.

I was right.

Unlike you, I can prove it because I had numerous articles about it. Here's a whole loving timeline of those claims.

1) It didn't exist

2) It didn't come out by Dec 19 2016

3) The April 2017 schedule proved #1 & #2 above

4) The Oct 2017 Evocati release proved #1 above

It's still not released. And what they've cut from back when it was promised in mid-2016 to now, it may as well have been called 2.7

Your move. Make it good, I'm on vacation.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 22, 2017

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Chill or not he's right.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I guess technically it's always been vaporware.

What I mean is that I assume CIG moved the goal posts once again and are making believe they never said it was so important and so close to being done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

ManofManyAliases posted:

Are you referring to this time last year when they said it was coming out in December and Derek (and the rest of us) said it wasn't?

And then it didn't?