Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Now that Pubert's an interdimensional hero, he's gotten a whole lot sexier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Not being subtle about what legendary sword that thing's a replica of, so why not just call it Excalibur and be done with it? Pretty sure it's public domain anyway. Though "swords are more her thing" isn't... entirely accurate, for various reasons which should be obvious to people who've been following this.

That fish thing displays Forte's cooking abilities perfectly: Really good at cutting things up (must be all that sword practice), but terrible condiment choice. I mean, fish with WHIPPED CREAM?!

...Arthur, you're creeping me out with the cannibalism implications...

drat you, Amber! No means NO! I mean, I couldn't even force myself to watch that part. And as for Illuminata, Pubert won't date Amber because, railroading aside, he's not INTERESTED in her loli-ness, and this guilt-tripping is just making it worse.

Vishnal dreams big, I see.

Egad. Emery Flowers take an entire YEAR to grow?! NOT worth the effort.

News flash, Pubert: Encouraging creepy lechers tends to end badly. Also: Even more proof that the game wants you to play female.

I think Mist wrote the description for Turnip's Miracle.

Apparently Touhou impressions give the 3DS problems.

Bosses with extremely limited periods of vulnerability are one of my pet peeves. Especially when they have way too many HP on top of that.

Pretty good demonstration of why I use Ambrosia for combat there.

Pretty sure this is the festival I invited Forte to the first time in my playthrough.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Before we can win Forte's heart forever, we must help her meander her way through her childhood issues.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
MS Paint radish head is a coup

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Skippy Granola posted:

MS Paint radish head is a coup

That is a Photoshop head, I will have you know.

PS, for those who just want it:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
Forte is incredibly bad at keeping secrets. Not as bad as Kiel (who blabs at the slightest opportunity most of the time), but she can't keep the fact that she has a secret hidden to save her life.

You can actually make those turnip hats yourself, if you want. They're surprisingly strong early-game equipment, really, and the recipe is pretty much exactly what you'd expect, so they're easy to acquire too. Personally, though, I feel they're probably better for practice than actually wearing. Well, that and getting a laugh out of putting one on any townspeople you don't like, but that's not exactly a practical concern. It's too bad it doesn't display on their portraits, though.

Amber will forever be annoying, even in monster form. On the bright side: If you tame Ambrosia and keep her level up to date, that annoyance is on YOUR side. ...And now I want to pit my Ambrosia duo against that boss, but there's pretty much no way I'll manage that with the condition my 3DS is in.

Why the hell did they bring Heaven's Gate back?! It just sits there!

Pubert, you idiot, you should know by now that questioning her knight-ness, no matter how seriously, is a Bad Idea. I mean, there're some things you just shouldn't joke about, and someone's lifelong dream is definitely one of them.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Forte's lifelong issues are resolved in the only feasible way: violence! Ring those wedding bells, Venti!

Lulti
Nov 28, 2016
Everything in this episode hit from a left field, hard. Worth the long slog.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Seriously, did you time the audio so Skippy's fake snore hit precisely when Vishnal made the screen shake? That is uncanny timing.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
How did nobody notice that music box sticking out of the field when Forte was literally standing on it on a daily basis?

drat, did they even bother trying to lip-sync that?

How did Venti get pancakes, anyway?

Pubert: Once again the master of missing the mood. I honestly don't blame Forte for not hearing him when he proposed during a storm. At least Forte's wedding clothes seem to suit her better, even if they look odd (by our standards, at least). Also, why do they have to tour the town in the first place? Couldn't they have just lined everyone up in front of the door or something? Or is the tour just to take the player's mind off the fact that they're getting married in their own house?

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh god the female model I thought she just had twintails

why does she have nipple chains

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
'Oh you, you've always been that peculiar stranger from the sky to me.'
'Venti, you never learned my name did you?'
'Of course I did Pubber.'
'Uh...'
'Perry?'
'...'
'Rupert?'
'Venti...'
'OH YEAH! It's Pancakes! Man I can't believe I almost forgot your name there for a second Pancakes.'
'you just named me that because i keep bringing you them for your birthdays'
'I now proclaim you, Pancakes and Forte!'
'oh dragondamn it you changed my legal name on my dragon-damned wedding day didn't you'
'Don't worry my love, I consider Pancakes an egg dish.'
'look what you did venti. look. what. you. did'

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

This penultimate update of RF4 features a bit of personal goal cleanup, monster massacres, Pubert's continued identity crisis, and makin' babies.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
PLEASE tell me you can equip Best with weapons and armor and take her with you on adventures.

The family that slays together stays together.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Forte knew what child rearing would entail. She prepared really hard. Nothing less than a full breastplate and armored skirt.

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

EponymousMrYar posted:

Forte knew what child rearing would entail. She prepared really hard. Nothing less than a full breastplate and armored skirt.
Meanwhile Pubert prepared a Rune Edge?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I really don't think they thought the Sharance Maze through all the way. Or at all, maybe.

Forte certainly seems enthusiastic about motherhood. And she's making excuses to binge on cake or whatever while she's pregnant which fool nobody. Of course, she might be going a bit overboard with the baby talk (in the pre-timeskip cutscene), but I honestly can't hold it against her. Hopefully she leaves most of the cooking to Pubert.

Great, as if Amber wasn't creepy enough the kid bears enough resemblance to her that it makes you wonder if the game's trying to say you should've married her. At least the daughter isn't a love interest (for obvious reasons); unfortunately, said daughter seems about as mature as Amber, both physically and mentally, which means... I'd better stop that thought RIGHT THERE. Too creepy. Anyway, changing the subject: The kids' hair color might be another sign (albeit a more tenuous one than the others we've seen so far) that the male PC is just an afterthought, because the female PC's hair color is a lot closer to theirs than his is.

Yeah, there's about as much to say as there is to do at this point. Which, considering we're at the end of the LP, is "not very much."

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

CptWedgie posted:

The kids' hair color might be another sign (albeit a more tenuous one than the others we've seen so far) that the male PC is just an afterthought, because the female PC's hair color is a lot closer to theirs than his is.

Yeah, to clarify, the male child also has the same green hair color.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Well folks, it's been almost a year, but we must finally bring Pubert's animenesiac adventures in love and lunacy to a close. Thank you everyone who followed this LP, followed the Story of Seasons and Animal Parade LPs, and contributed in any way. See you all in 2018 for more overachieving farming and chaotic RPGing!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I appreciate the last comments of the LP. Also, sad that Best starts out at level 1. She should at least be the same strength as Forte, if not halfway between Forte and Pubert.

I've played FE: Awakening! I know how this works!

Give us the murder child, damnit! :argh:

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015
I'm a bit surprised your kid even knew Venti had left. Must've been a thing they put in because it's (at least technically) possible to get married before finishing Arc 2 (well, unless you're a female who's going for DOUG!!!). Also, hopefully Kiel does most of the work in that "baking a cake for the party" thing.

...Why's that furniture merchant so sweaty? Where did they get that furniture? Is Pubert unwittingly buying stolen goods?

Volkanon's got rather simplistic goals, it seems.

The White Stone may not be required for many recipes (only 4 in the entire game), but it's really good for upgrading equipment you plan to give to your spouse and child, since it halves the damage they take (though it ONLY works for your spouse and child, so giving it to anyone else won't have any effect). I feel safe in posting this unspoiled, since the LP is now over.

In closing: DOUG!!! Oh, and thanks for showing us this game, Thorn.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Forte, you're a fine girl
What a good wife you would be
By my life, my love, my lady
Is LP.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

Hooray for Pubert! He finally got what he always deserved: a loving family and a princehood. And all the levelisers he could care to eat to level up.

I do look forward to Stardew Valley and Dork Dagrons Hound-Dawgadawgma.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
Can't stop

Won't stop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Congratulations on finishing this long, long game. Props for that. I might have to try it out for myself sometime (and maybe just not touch the third act).

• Locked thread