Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

That was gruesome.

Why would anyone fight Grundy at this point?

Gotham.

Would-be supervillians like MURDERFACE want to make a name for themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Another arm?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Is that a different dude's arm he just tore off and beat them with?

Solomon Grundy, c'mon man. That ain't Queensbury rules.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Is this kid someone specific?

Is there a mute in batman's typical rogues gallery?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

RIP Cherry. You weren't Roulette.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Well, next week's episode certainly seems better than the one we just got. Was kind of disappointed Grundy didn't kill Tabitha, and was bummed at how useless Firefly continues to be. Where in the Hell is Victor? Still visiting his grandma?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Catching up on the season, and holy lol at Dog Man.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
OK... so I guess it's good to see that William Murderface was getting some work after his stint with Dethklok. Too bad that wasn't his picking arm; he can play a solo with his wiener, but you gotta be able to fret those notes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Why settle for a bat with nails in it when you can have a bat with hammers in it?!?

And that’s why I love Gotham.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Phylodox posted:

Why settle for a bat with nails in it when you can have a bat with hammers in it?!?

And that’s why I love Gotham.

Gotham knows exactly what it's doing cornball-wise, and it's glorious!

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I enjoyed The Riddler trying to bring some WWE into Gotham.

nooneofconsequence posted:

That was gruesome.

Why would anyone fight Grundy at this point?

I can believe that there would be a steady stream of people to fight but I'm not sure how a ton of extremely poor people apparently just living a fight club watching murders all day is a profitable business. Nobody can be betting against Grundy at this point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I was extremely confused at Bullocks behavior at the end. He seemed to be confessing he's a poo poo captain, but then when Gordon gets him to sign away his position and take it for himself, Bullock is all gently caress you man, twist the knife more!

It was very confusing.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I think from his perspective, you can't get to be captain without being dirty in some way. While he butted heads with Gordon over crime licenses, he deep down new Gordon would be his lifeline to keep him from being too corrupt.

Gordon taking over the job is signalling to Bullock that Gordon must have done something corrupt to earn the position, so now he doesn't see a path back to redemption anymore.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I was extremely confused at Bullocks behavior at the end. He seemed to be confessing he's a poo poo captain, but then when Gordon gets him to sign away his position and take it for himself, Bullock is all gently caress you man, twist the knife more!

It was very confusing.

They're partners. Bullock may be a poo poo captain, but if he was going to have his job taken away, he wouldn't expect it to be from the guy he counts on to watch his back

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What all the hip young teens are listening to in Gotham: New Wave.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress is he making more Jeromes?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

The writers just hate hands.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Such a ridiculous show

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I really enjoyed the brief song and dance number

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

The song and dance was so idiotically hilarious, it really had me laughing. I'm really glad Pyg got his own arc, I thought he'd just be a one-off villain for Halloween, but the show pleasantly surprised me. Penguin's bonding with the orphan boy is also really great, and I'm really pumped for the next episode in two weeks. Looks like Penguin is finally gonna go back to his roots and cause some huge poo poo to go down.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Pyg lookin’ like Father Guido Sarducci.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I'm calling it that Pyg has a bunch of accomplices slowly wheel something into the GCPD like a giant birthday cake while all of the cops stand and stare at them until they start shooting and 75 more cops are gone.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I love the fact that Pyg served up a bunch of humans cooked into meat pies, and then in order to reveal it he decides to do a song and dance number lifted from.....Chicago, and not the extremely popular musical Sweeney Todd that literally revolves around cooking humans into meat pies.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
This show is so fantastic. I'm in awe of the lighting and atmosphere. Even the daylight hours are dim.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SpaceAceJase posted:

This show is so fantastic. I'm in awe of the lighting and atmosphere. Even the daylight hours are dim.

Gotham : Why the gently caress does anyone live here? No seriously why?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Gotham : Why the gently caress does anyone live here? No seriously why?

Supergirl had a scene where Metallo controlled drones were flying through the city. They opened fire a family who were saved in the nick of time by Superman. After he had flown off, the father said "We're moving back to Gotham".

Nowhere's safe in the DC universe.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
:ohdear: Martine

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I expected Penguin to stab the kid but I suppose that would have been a bit graphic.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Gotham season 4: "Penguin blew up that kid."

He's okay :frogbon:

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Really liked that episode. Surprised how much Pyg has been featured but at least it's interesting.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
HAH the Pig's theatrical voice is covering up a southern drawl

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Good ep.

Return of mirror Riddler is great

Jerome in preview!

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Gotta say, getting kind of tired of the "Crazy woman falls in love with Gordon" subplots. This is the third drat time already. Still, excited for Jerome next week, and maybe Bruce will stop acting like a brat.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Gotta say, getting kind of tired of the "Crazy woman falls in love with Gordon" subplots. This is the third drat time already. Still, excited for Jerome next week, and maybe Bruce will stop acting like a brat.

Who was the third crazy lady who fell in love with Gordon? Because if you think it was Little Miss Falcone, then I think you kind-of missed the point of her interactions with Gordon over the last several episodes.

She wasn't in love with him. She was manipulating and using him. She manipulated Penguin with kindness and confidence, and Gordon with unsolicited political favors and favorably received hanky-panky.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

tarlibone posted:

Who was the third crazy lady who fell in love with Gordon? Because if you think it was Little Miss Falcone, then I think you kind-of missed the point of her interactions with Gordon over the last several episodes.

She wasn't in love with him. She was manipulating and using him. She manipulated Penguin with kindness and confidence, and Gordon with unsolicited political favors and favorably received hanky-panky.
I guess for some reason I thought she was being genuine with Jim. Ah well, guess that settles that.

Oh yeah, and having Victor back is so great. I dunno what it is, but everything he says just makes me chuckle. "Coincidence? I think not!"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I guess for some reason I thought she was being genuine with Jim. Ah well, guess that settles that.

Oh yeah, and having Victor back is so great. I dunno what it is, but everything he says just makes me chuckle. "Coincidence? I think not!"

"He's got a bazooka."

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I know this likely won't work the the character at all, but I sort of hope in some way that Martine is going to end up becoming a version of Onomatopoeia. Instead of making sounds, maybe his gimmick is that he leaves a written note of the sound associated with the method of death when he kills someone.

(Actually, that could be an almost Batman '66 sort of gimmick that I could see Gotham picking up on. Serial killer going around, finding victims with words like "BOOM!", "BANG!", "CRACK!" left at the crime scene.)

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Martine is kind of young to get into the murder business. It's not like he's going to chug a bunch of Chinese herbal remedies.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Just caught up.

Can Penguin please kill Little Miss Falcone now? She's almost as bad as Fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Just caught up.

Can Penguin please kill Little Miss Falcone now? She's almost as bad as Fish
Is Falcone's daughter even a real Batman character, or was she made for the show? I don't think I've ever liked any of the OCs the show provides. Miss Falcone, Moony, Butch, Theo Galavan (before his resurrection), Barbara...The only one I like is Jerome, but really only because he's basically just The Joker in all but name.

• Locked thread