Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Takoluka posted:

That makes it not surprising. Gal*Gun started on the 360 and has always been exactly that.

Okay well thank you for posting about how extremely not surprised you are by the pedophile game for pedophiles. Next time I think about criticizing pedophilia I will check to make sure whether or not it's surprising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pffff

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

Hey everyone, I have been considering getting a Switch for a bit now, probably taking the dive soon. I was wondering about all of the available accessories though, if you can help me out. I will probably use this 80+% in docked/console mode, and I am particularly wondering about controllers needed for 2 player co-op.

At least initially I am looking at: Splatoon2, Mario Kart, and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Mario Kart looks like I only need one pair of joycon to make that work, but are those cheap steering wheels a good addition?

For those, and just general use, is a second set of joycon or a pro controller a better investment? Anything else I should be strongly considering?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sakurazuka posted:

At least post the new Senran Kagura or something

How are the reviews for that?

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Oryp posted:

For those, and just general use, is a second set of joycon or a pro controller a better investment? Anything else I should be strongly considering?

Pro controller, spare USB-C charger, and carrying case are what I'd recommend. A microSD card too if you're doing digital purchases.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guy Goodbody posted:

How are the reviews for that?

It's some dumb virtual girlfriend thing so I haven't cared enough to look

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

The Sean posted:

People were wondering recently about not receiving a survey for Octopath Traveler. I was just looking at info on it through the Switch and it says that you'll receive a survey if you have opted into emails (I think through the Nintendo eShop).
I can't find any such option in the eShop itself, does anyone know where it is? For future possible surveys mostly I mean.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I can't find any such option in the eShop itself, does anyone know where it is? For future possible surveys mostly I mean.

It's in the Nintendo Account website.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Rolo posted:

Jesus Christ why even post that video in the switch thread?

E: Jesus Christ is that a console game?

Inti announced a Switch version some time ago. Can't blame you for not knowing, Nintendo has been absolutely silent about it.

njsykora posted:

I thought that was going to be something new rather than just another Gal Gun.

You might be thinking of the Senran Kagura game for the Switch, which is apparently a pervy massage/sports medicine/visual novel game thing instead of a pervy fighter.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Oryp posted:

Hey everyone, I have been considering getting a Switch for a bit now, probably taking the dive soon. I was wondering about all of the available accessories though, if you can help me out. I will probably use this 80+% in docked/console mode, and I am particularly wondering about controllers needed for 2 player co-op.

At least initially I am looking at: Splatoon2, Mario Kart, and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Mario Kart looks like I only need one pair of joycon to make that work, but are those cheap steering wheels a good addition?

Get a screen protector, like this one

https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Tempe...protector&psc=1

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Is the Switch screen particularly easy to scratch or something? Like way easier than your typical cellphone?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is the Switch screen particularly easy to scratch or something? Like way easier than your typical cellphone?

It's plastic, not glass.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Coldforge posted:

It's plastic, not glass.

:stonk:

Well, yikes. Guess when I pick mine up I'll grab some of those protectors too.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

It's a hard plastic instead of glass like on a phone, but it's still a complete non-issue unless you scrape hard objects against your devices' screens on a regular basis.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Wasn't the dock scratching up unprotected screens? Unless they did a hardware refresh at some point, I'm assuming that's still an issue.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

When you’re placing it in the oven be sure to place it screen side up, the oven racks have a tendency to scratch the screen.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

404notfound posted:

Wasn't the dock scratching up unprotected screens? Unless they did a hardware refresh at some point, I'm assuming that's still an issue.

It’s not an issue unless you slam home your switch all the drat time.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

404notfound posted:

A couple docks were malformed in the launch run

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

GreenNight posted:

It’s not an issue unless you slam home your switch all the drat time.

Happened to me even though I gently put it in each time. Guess I had a messed up dock

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Happened to me even though I gently put it in each time. Guess I had a messed up dock

Maybe your dock was slammed previously by larger, blacker switches.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Went racial there

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Went racial there

Is there a single race that hasn't docked their switch?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I open palm slam my switch into the dock all the time.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
You can't do that until Devil's Third comes out on the Switch

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Please attach a trigger warning to each post about screen protectors. Some of us are super sensitive when discussing this issue.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Strawberry Panda posted:

Please attach a trigger warning to each post about screen protectors. Some of us are super sensitive when discussing this issue.

Maybe you should place something on your screen to protect you from seeing such comments.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

anybody else taking their switch to their folks and stuffing the thing in the turkey

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I always advocate for the tempered glass ones like the one posted earlier because the plastic screen doesn't feel that nice. It feels soft and weird. The amFilm one feels great, like a high end cellphone or tablet. I also like the colors a little better than without the screen protector on (I compared mine to a friends before he applied his).

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

a.lo posted:

anybody else taking their switch to their folks and stuffing the thing in the turkey

Pre-bake or post-bake?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

how else you going to eat it ?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

a.lo posted:

how else you going to eat it ?

The way god intended: with my mouth

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Is that one of the games from 1, 2, switch? Like... how does that even work, can it somehow use red lasers to look for gnashing teeth or do you have to physically shove the whole joycon in your mouth

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

THE loving MOON posted:

Is that one of the games from 1, 2, switch? Like... how does that even work, can it somehow use red lasers to look for gnashing teeth or do you have to physically shove the whole joycon in your mouth

the ir camera is watchin your mouth

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

the ir camera is watchin your mouth

Does it really have a camera there? Huh

edit: It does :psyduck:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Has any game other than 1, 2 Switch used the IR camera yet?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

THE loving MOON posted:

Does it really have a camera there? Huh

edit: It does :psyduck:

The right joycon control stick is also an amiibo reader :eng101:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

no but i'd expect a mario party or whatever to try

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

SeANMcBAY posted:

Has any game other than 1, 2 Switch used the IR camera yet?

I guess there will probably be one that detects and maps jerking motions below the console, but I don't think they'll advertise that one very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Real hurthling! posted:

no but i'd expect a mario party or whatever to try

It actually wouldn't. 4-Player's gotta be doable with two pairs of JoyCons.

• Locked thread