Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm not a music fan, but loving a the music playing during the leadup to Santiago vs Wellick was incredible.

Edit: Goddamn! What a loving episode! Season 2 was a let down, but goddamn Season 3 is hot fire. Every episode is awesome from the acting to the blocking to the music (especially the music). What a show!

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I never cry during tv shows or movies but that episode very nearly got me. I loved Trenton :( I guess that email will get to Darlene, and from there presumably to Dom.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Poor Trenton & Mobley :( Obv. they weren't gonna get a happy ending but that was a real lovely last day.

RocketSurgery
Feb 11, 2009
Frasier was a good show

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Actually, it was a sad episode from start to finish, wasn't it? First Elliott in distress, which always really gets me because Rami Malek does that so well. Then Angela, my god. Dom realising her boss is crooked and her whole investigation was worthless. Krista unable to help Elliott. Even Mr Robot finding out his revolution was a sham! And poor, poor Trenton and Mobley. Dreams shattered all over the place.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, it was a real good episode but a huge bummer. Angela is a broken husk of a person now, good lord :(

rage-saq
Mar 21, 2001

Thats so ninja...
As I usually say after Mr Robot episode. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I was super sad about Trenton and Mobley, that was a pretty lovely way to go. I was kind of hoping that Mobley would have fired the gun a few times which would have hosed up the cover up or something by leaving evidence that things weren't exactly as they seemed.

Also I'm having a hard time believing that the interrogation room containing the top suspect for the largest global financial attack in world history is only being monitored by a single handheld camcorder.

Also I'm calling that crazy Angela = Darlene theory dead. Dom said both of their names as people to round up and both of their names were on the 'anaconda' whiteboard as people who need to be interviewed.

Lastly, there is definitely going to be some time travel poo poo that goes on with that plant if they are going to move the whole thing to the loving Congo. Whiterose has been working this project for a loooooong time.

Lastly for reals this time though. BD Wong better get a loving Emmy this season, hes been sooooo loving good and now his role is big enough to merit a supporting actor Emmy.

rage-saq fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 23, 2017

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gluten Freeman posted:

Actually, it was a sad episode from start to finish, wasn't it? First Elliott in distress, which always really gets me because Rami Malek does that so well. Then Angela, my god. Dom realising her boss is crooked and her whole investigation was worthless. Krista unable to help Elliott. Even Mr Robot finding out his revolution was a sham! And poor, poor Trenton and Mobley. Dreams shattered all over the place.

ummm....forgetting Tyrel?

Everybody got poo poo on in this episode. drat.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Dangerous Person posted:

Hahahahaha Joey Badass is wearing his sunglasses because the eclipse hosed up his eyes
You know he was trolling people, right?

rage-saq posted:

I was super sad about Trenton and Mobley, that was a pretty lovely way to go. I was kind of hoping that Mobley would have fired the gun a few times which would have hosed up the cover up or something by leaving evidence that things weren't exactly as they seemed.
To be fair, we don't know that they didn't. We only saw the aftermath. If Dom investigates the scene she might find something. Though Dark Army is pretty thorough.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Man. :smith:

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ugh this show is unrelentingly a bummer.

That Angela scene was rough

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Man this episode really was a bummer.

Finding out that Angela's crazy devotion to Whiterose was just some dumb hypnosis/drug "I manipulated her" bullshit instead of something actually interesting being hinted and winked at for episodes on end is real depressing.

Really enjoyed that opening and Elliot getting lost. Mr Robot with the therapist is, as usual, fantastic.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 23, 2017

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

bring back old gbs posted:

ummm....forgetting Tyrel?

Everybody got poo poo on in this episode. drat.

oh lmao i totally did forget

yeah that was absolutely awful too, the way he thought it was a lie at first

man I was so happy to see Trenton and Mobley at the start of the ep!! And then they were torn away from me

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

By the way, do you think people had Trump signs on their front lawn in September of 2015?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

DaveKap posted:

By the way, do you think people had Trump signs on their front lawn in September of 2015?

He announced his candidacy in June of 2015, so yeah, probably.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I keep hearing this show is great but it sounds like the most depressing thing ever. How can anyone watch this given all that's going on in the world?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

DaveKap posted:

As a former Arizonian: yes.

Anyway, I'm going to miss Trenton even if her part was pretty much pointless after S1. I wish she and Darlene (aka elliot aka angela aka flipper) could've gayed up the show together.

Also, we have pretty strong proof now that Minister Zhang IS Whiterose, since we cut to her while she's owning Price. It's almost as though a character being a trans woman is more likely that timewarp multiverse fictive headmate theory!!

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

T-man posted:

Also, we have pretty strong proof now that Minister Zhang IS Whiterose, since we cut to her while she's owning Price. It's almost as though a character being a trans woman is more likely that timewarp multiverse fictive headmate theory!!
I'm... fairly certain people making that joke were just joking and nobody actually literally thought that Whiterose and Zhang were separate people. Then again, it is this thread sooo...

Also, I'm so sorry Arizona.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

AceOfFlames posted:

I keep hearing this show is great but it sounds like the most depressing thing ever. How can anyone watch this given all that's going on in the world?

I don't think it's relentlessly depressing. It has its "gently caress Yeah" and "Holky poo poo" moments too!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AceOfFlames posted:

I kinda like the show but goddamn this episode was a loving bummer.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AceOfFlames posted:

Check out the first season and see how you feel about it? There are definitely moments that make you feel lovely but that's kinda par for the course for most good TV series. Makin' ya feel things, you know?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

T-man posted:

That’s very racist to assume they are the same just because Asians look the same or whatever. WhiteRose is clearly a girl, and Zhang is a boy. It’s pretty clear that they are siblings but they aren’t suppose to have more than one child in China. I think WR is in hiding and working from the shadows, probably in resentment to not being allowed to exist, and it’s obvious WR is the good guy here, trying to gently caress over Zhang’s rise to power. It’s an interesting interpretation of Tolstoy’s story “how much land does a man need.”

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

That whole episode was just Whiterose/Zhang grabbing hold of most of the characters from season 1 and showing them what reality is now.

Tyrell was told that he was manipulated that his family no longer exists and that there is nothing he can do about it, Mr Robot was shown that his revolution didn't stop the party for the people he was targeting, Price was shown who is truly in power and then humiliated, Angela has had a kind of breakdown and Trenton/Mobley were murdered to further a cause that they had personally distanced themselves from.

Those last ten minutes were rough though. Really hard to watch.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

sticklefifer posted:

You know he was trolling people, right?

Was he? Cool, I like Joey Badass and didn't want him to be dumb

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I'm really hoping that this week's episode is the obligatory "all is lost" moment in a drama and that Elliot & co. manage to score at least some small victory by the end of this season, because I don't know if I can handle three more episodes as relentlessly bleak as this one :smith:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
These three episodes are really shaping up to be the worst day of the entire cast's life. And it's not even nighttime yet.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

HorseRenoir posted:

I'm really hoping that this week's episode is the obligatory "all is lost" moment in a drama and that Elliot & co. manage to score at least some small victory by the end of this season, because I don't know if I can handle three more episodes as relentlessly bleak as this one :smith:

it haaaaaas to be, this past episode was nothing but hopeless

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Man oh man, what an episode. I'm disappointed that we lost Trenton and Mobley though :(

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I didn't think it was possible for me to feel sorry for Price of all people, but poo poo. You're a mean one, Ms. Whiterose.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
The Comey namedrop was fun.

It's like "yeah I can just write the name of the FBI director of the time frame of this show and assume my entire audience will immediately know who my characters are talking about because, you know".

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Since Dom said they should round up Elliot, Darlene and Angela she must also think they are the same person?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Orange Devil posted:

The Comey namedrop was fun.

It's like "yeah I can just write the name of the FBI director of the time frame of this show and assume my entire audience will immediately know who my characters are talking about because, you know".

I missed the name drop. When was this?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Boris Galerkin posted:

I missed the name drop. When was this?

Santiago was telling Dom in the beginning that he had to brief comey who had to brief the president, if i remember.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Hopefully this episode puts to bed the dumb time-travel/parallel universe nonsense. It was all a manipulation of Angela by Whiterose. Irving as well was playing along with her just like he played along with Tyrell asking about his family. I don't think we have any real idea of what Whiterose's intentions actually are besides just pure power - even his 'plant' could just be a red herring he's pushing in case anyone's planning revenge.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
what the gently caress happened with this season?

super hacker is schizophrenic like no schizo ever acts.

stupid blonde acts stupid in every stupid way possible. revenge motives aside, it's stupid beyond belief.

chinese "she"-chinese was acting ridiculously.

2015 was apparently the worst timeline, where obama and fbi director gently caress-me-in-the-rear end comey or comedy or whatever position that dude held were motivated by... something?

it's the poo poo that gets me the worst. there's no real motive for any character acting the way they do for any action they perform. it just sort of... happens and you have to use your imagination.

i want every protagonist and antagonist to die because they're all the most idiotic things imaginable. i was actually hoping for angela and redhead_fbi_01 to die in a building explosion. and angela is my mom's first name.

**triggered as fck yo**

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Trenton and Mobley noooo. I'm so sad, they were my favorite characters and they got the shittiest deaths imaginable.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Talorat posted:

Trenton and Mobley noooo. I'm so sad, they were my favorite characters and they got the shittiest deaths imaginable.

What are you talking about? Trenton and Mobley are fine. See?

*rewinds the end of the episode a little bit and hits pause*

They're fine. They're gonna be okay.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Here, I'll show you again.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
those stupid deaths.

"WE AW... WE AW THE CHINESE... WE LIEK TE HONOR... PERSONAL SACWIFICE SO BIG."

dude that's some ancient japanese lovely stereotype. gently caress this entire show right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

pepito sanchez posted:

what the gently caress happened with this season?

super hacker is schizophrenic like no schizo ever acts.

stupid blonde acts stupid in every stupid way possible. revenge motives aside, it's stupid beyond belief.

chinese "she"-chinese was acting ridiculously.

2015 was apparently the worst timeline, where obama and fbi director gently caress-me-in-the-rear end comey or comedy or whatever position that dude held were motivated by... something?

it's the poo poo that gets me the worst. there's no real motive for any character acting the way they do for any action they perform. it just sort of... happens and you have to use your imagination.

i want every protagonist and antagonist to die because they're all the most idiotic things imaginable. i was actually hoping for angela and redhead_fbi_01 to die in a building explosion. and angela is my mom's first name.

**triggered as fck yo**

Source your quotes please.

• Locked thread