Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

ChesterJT posted:

Why do you watch this show?

That is a very good and poignant question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Waltzing Along posted:

Better plot idea than pretty much anything they have done in the last 2 years.

That one-line "ripped from the headlines" scenario is funnier to you than Randy beating the native American man who loves him with a Columbus sceptre and orb?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yes. I think the idea of Randy obsessing over pokemon go and getting in trouble for it is funnier than Randy obsessing over not getting caught for liking Columbus.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
But obsessing over pokemon go and getting in trouble is something people in real life did (for about a week before everyone stopped playing it). Where's the joke? Do you just want to see Randy put in a police car again?

Classic Randy episodes have more depth than that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Waltzing Along posted:

Better plot idea than pretty much anything they have done in the last 2 years.

I dunno, I think this season started out weak but I liked all of Sons a Witches, Doubling Down, and Moss Piglets a lot.

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Waltzing Along posted:

Is there a new episode tonight?
Nope. Third and final dark week.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Waltzing Along posted:

Yes. I think the idea of Randy obsessing over pokemon go and getting in trouble for it is funnier than Randy obsessing over not getting caught for liking Columbus.

It would have been funny last year, but they were focused on the election. Doing a Pokemon Go episode now would just be really stupid cause only real shitheads played that poo poo after 30 days.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
what the heck is 'moss piglets' supposed to mean?

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

what the heck is 'moss piglets' supposed to mean?
It's another name for waterbears.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
They do kinda look like weird alien pigs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

What does Scott Tenorman must die have to do with Nerd Culture?

That episode's really about how Radiohead and Radiohead fans suck. You just gotta read between the lines.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sassassin posted:

But obsessing over pokemon go and getting in trouble is something people in real life did (for about a week before everyone stopped playing it). Where's the joke? Do you just want to see Randy put in a police car again?

Classic Randy episodes have more depth than that.

classic Randy episodes take a thing that people do in real life, and have the surrealism of the setting combined with Randy's relative stupidity/stubbornness take it far beyond anything anyone has ever done in real life.

the classic Randy episode take on this would be "Randy gets addicted to Chinpokomon Go, finds out that the rarest Chinpokomon is in the Oval Office, attempts to break into the White House to catch pokemons"

PostNouveau posted:

That episode's really about how Radiohead and Radiohead fans suck. You just gotta read between the lines.

i mean yeah if you want to ignore 95% of the episode in favor of assuming it hinges entirely on a throwaway joke that literally any other band could have been used for

El Pato
Jul 2, 2007

I hate to spoil the ending, but...some stuff gets eaten, y'know?

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m surprised they didn’t do a Chinpokomon Go sequel episode.

Wendy uses Chimpokomon Go as her ultimate move in The Fractured Butthole.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ex-RuBfQhM

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

PostNouveau posted:

Still doesn't have to do with nerd culture.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Scott Tenorman must die is so timeless because it isn’t about anything. It’s literally just a story set entirely in the town and told with just characters that we know from said town, behaving normally.

These episodes are harder and harder to write the longer the show goes on, but there’s a reason they really seem to hold their impact down the road.

Scott Tenorman Must Die blew my mind so hard as a lad I think my brain made a sound as my mind was being blown.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
"Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah I made you eat your parents" is loving perfect and will always be the high point of Cartman's antics.

Meijer had the new game for $35 tonight only. We needed some groceries and just walked through looking for something else and saw it so my fiance bought it for me. Gotta wait for Christmas to play it though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've been playing Phone Destroyer and it hasn't asked me for $$ yet but it's just a matter of time.

So, why have they done this? They did an anti-freemium episode and now have a freemium game. They don't need the $$.

idgi

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Waltzing Along posted:

I've been playing Phone Destroyer and it hasn't asked me for $$ yet but it's just a matter of time.

So, why have they done this? They did an anti-freemium episode and now have a freemium game. They don't need the $$.

idgi

They also told you not to preorder video games but here we are.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Waltzing Along posted:

Still doesn't have to do with nerd culture.

How about you shut up, nerd

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They also told you not to preorder video games but here we are.

the Fractured Butthole preorder actually came with a bonus that would be worth it even if Fractured Butthole was a bad game, though

Stick Of Truth Ultra-HD is a nice thing to have if you're not a PC gamer

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's UHD? Not 1080?

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011

Rhyno posted:

"Nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah I made you eat your parents" is loving perfect and will always be the high point of Cartman's antics.

Meijer had the new game for $35 tonight only. We needed some groceries and just walked through looking for something else and saw it so my fiance bought it for me. Gotta wait for Christmas to play it though.

Play the damned game.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She bought it for me as a gift and im not gonna be an rear end about it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
You just don't get south park

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is the ritual really that important? Just kiss her and say 'thank you, but im going to be unavailable for the next however many hours'

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

So your fiance bought a christmas gift in front of you and you can have it until Christmas? Is your Fiance really your mom or something? what the gently caress?

"Here is this gift, I bet you don't remember what it was honey"

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

People like opening poo poo up on Christmas. You know, that thing you do with your loved ones that’s less than a month away? Oh wait...it’s a video game? OPEN IT NOW YOU DIPSHIT CHRISTMAS IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes, I'm gonna poo poo on the nice thing she did for me. Do any of you guys even have relationships?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
It's not making GBS threads on relationships to give each other gifts during the holiday season on days other than christmas

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Now you are talking about making GBS threads on your gf. So I guess you might understand South Park, after all.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
It seems weird to have possession of a gift, know what it is, and just refuse to use it until Christmas. Is it like wrapped up all pretty and underneath the tree or something?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Goons brains literally melting at the concept of exchanging presents at X-Mas time ITT

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
It's called asynchronous endowment

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's more fun to open presents on Christmas day you loving goons

swickles posted:

It seems weird to have possession of a gift, know what it is, and just refuse to use it until Christmas. Is it like wrapped up all pretty and underneath the tree or something?

Yes. This is a common thing that has always been a thing for a billion years. Jesus christ!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

Yes, I'm gonna poo poo on the nice thing she did for me. Do any of you guys even have relationships?

Why would we need relationships we have gifts we can open now

But seriously it's normal to buy gifts and wait to open them. The only difference is sometimes you know what they are ahead of time.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s his girlfriends way of saying “I got you exactly what you wanted, you have to get me exactly what I want”

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

Rhyno posted:

Wear a parka and get into a freezer until then. :)

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
And this week...

South Park Studios posted:

AN ALL-NEW EPISODE OF SOUTH PARK PREMIERES
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 29 AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

--------
All-New Season 21 Episodes will be Available to Stream in HD
Exclusively on SouthPark.cc.com and Hulu
--------

NEW YORK, November 27, 2017 – It’s never been more challenging to be a PC Principal in an all-new episode titled “SUPER HARD PCness” on Wednesday, November 29 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

PC Principal is wrestling with some unfamiliar feelings. Meanwhile, boys will be boys except for Kyle who, for the first time, seems to see things differently from the rest of his friends.

All-new episodes from this season will be available to stream in HD exclusively on South Park Studios and Hulu the day after they premiere. Fans will continue to have next-day access to new episodes, as well as the entire “South Park” library, across all internet-connected devices with a Hulu subscription. New episodes and a selection of curated episodes will be available to stream on SouthPark.cc.com, cc.com and the Comedy Central App.

Comedy Central's "South Park" launched on August 13, 1997. The series airs Wednesday nights at 10:00 p.m. and repeats later that night at Midnight (all times ET/PT). “South Park” season 20 will begin rolling out on Comedy Central channels internationally in October.

Trey Parker and Matt Stone are the co-creators of “South Park.” Parker, Stone, Anne Garefino and Frank C. Agnone II are the Executive Producers of the Emmy® and Peabody® Award-winning "South Park." Eric Stough, Adrien Beard, Bruce Howell and Vernon Chatman are Producers. Chris Brion is the Creative Director of South Park Digital Studios. "South Park's" Web site is SouthPark.cc.com.

The uncensored episodes are also available for download on iTunes, Amazon Instant Video, XBOX Live, Google Play, Sony Entertainment Network, Vudu and Verizon Flexview.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

INB4 the Preview clip edit :smug:

Guess it's Kyle's turn to get the Assburgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WillieWestwood
Jun 23, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

INB4 the Preview clip edit :smug:

Guess it's Kyle's turn to get the Assburgers.

I'm thinking that too.

• Locked thread