Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I'd bet that one of those floating boxes you can see in the clip has the "air space traffic control" NPC in it. Like Half Life 2 did for all the "broadcasts" in a level.

Which brings up the question, could you clip back in the box and annoy everyone by screwing with the landing broadcast?

Edit: Random catte from Imgur:

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
thank god the sale is saved. CR has one more year!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

Something Jones 3.0 Live Blog

So the seamless planetary landing is:
1: You fly to a waypoint in orbit
2: You fly down to the waypoint on the ground

It's a pre-determined flight path.

The travel between planetary bodies is pre-determined as well.

Guess who called that one...over a YEAR ago. :allears:

Who remembers my Oct 2016, and July 2017 posts about seamless transitions, procedural terrain etc? :smuggo:

For the record, my "Road To 3.0" timeline post has been 100% spot-on. Note the date/time I proclaimed that it was a performance nightmare, flat-out broken etc. Oh, and that it didn't actually **exist** when croberts was promoting it.

I had also said that they simply couldn't afford to delay this into 2018. But what surprises me is that they released it now, instead of around the time of the Dec livestream. They must really be desperate.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Nov 23, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:allears:

----------------

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
So are any of you gonna come out and admit you were wrong now that 3.0 is out?

Like do you have any idea of how clownish and petty you all look nitpicking?

You lost. That doesn't mean star citizen is automatically good or anything. But you need to dial back the bullshit.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Especially you Derek "3.0 doesn't Exist" shart.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

LOL!! Good times. :grin:

What happened to that prick? He retired that alt and picked up another one?

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

Here's a great view of these weird 2d sprites
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/203592426?t=02h43m20s

Watch the tower on the horizon, see how it moves around as the ships rolls

It's like a travelling matte

edit - is it all the buildings? Nothing seems to be on or attached to the ground, it's as if the planet surface is being drawn by one system, the buildings are being drawn by another, and then the two are overlayed on top of each other and don't quite move together - the buildings lag behind the ground

They're not 2D sprites. It's just completely messed up LOD on the 3D models.

----------------

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nitpicking minor graphical errors while fans are celebrating. Happy Thanksgiving to you too Derek.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SCtrumpHaters posted:

So are any of you gonna come out and admit you were wrong now that 3.0 is out?

Like do you have any idea of how clownish and petty you all look nitpicking?

You lost. That doesn't mean star citizen is automatically good or anything. But you need to dial back the bullshit.

post the balls

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Solarin posted:

what was this gif from anyway?

It was from an old episode of Around the Hearse.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

LOL!! Good times. :grin:

What happened to that prick? He retired that alt and picked up another one?

I dunno, I miss him.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ill admit I was wrong to start things off. Earlier this year I thought 3.0 was gonna slip past 2017. I am clearly wrong about that point now that its here.

The spectacular showing at Citcon and other presentations they've made (ATVs and otherwise) showed that despite progress being glacial, things actually exist and are not scams. Especially that 3.0 is in backer's hands.

To avoid trolls misconstruing, no don't buy back in. We don't really deserve that anyway. But seriously, cut the bullshit. They've delivered. Late. But they delivered.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Ill admit I was wrong to start things off. Earlier this year I thought 3.0 was gonna slip past 2017. I am clearly wrong about that point now that its here.

The spectacular showing at Citcon and other presentations they've made (ATVs and otherwise) showed that despite progress being glacial, things actually exist and are not scams. Especially that 3.0 is in backer's hands.

To avoid trolls misconstruing, no don't buy back in. We don't really deserve that anyway. But seriously, cut the bullshit. They've delivered. Late. But they delivered.

They've not delivered poo poo.

No wait, they have delivered poo poo.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

now that its here.

Depends on your definition of the words "it," "is," and "here."

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

I'm so, so glad that he's recommending WTFO's stream because it's showing just how bad a trainwreck 3.0 really is.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Nitpicking minor graphical errors while fans are celebrating. Happy Thanksgiving to you too Derek.

I tried to reply but clipped through the screen and then the server crashed.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Latin Pheonix posted:

I'm so, so glad that he's recommending WTFO's stream because it's showing just how bad a trainwreck 3.0 really is.

I believe the stream has finished. He gave up.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Latin Pheonix posted:

It was for 2.0 :ssh:

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Daztek posted:

It was for 2.0 :ssh:

Vindication 3.0 is on.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/rize_hLk/status/933656277103890433

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

IcarusUpHigh posted:

They've not delivered poo poo.

No wait, they have delivered poo poo.

So which is it. That's my point.

Like some posts earlier "He can't even get in to a ship". Then one post later "he clipped through the ground on the moon". Like which is it. You owned yourselves in less than a post. Shits gonna be janky but you are acting like its so much worse than it is.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Like some posts earlier "He can't even get in to a ship". Then one post later "he clipped through the ground on the moon". Like which is it. You owned yourselves in less than a post. Shits gonna be janky but you are acting like its so much worse than it is.

Let me translate. They have not delivered poo poo, because it is poo poo. poo poo delivery = no delivery.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

They're not 2D sprites. It's just completely messed up LOD on the 3D models.

Can't wait to see 'Derek Smart just posted: "completely messed up LOD"' on twitter.

Phraccy
Apr 28, 2017

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Only one who owns himself is you trying to somehow make this disaster what is 3.0 look like it is good. It isn't. It performs worse than 2.6, combat is utterly broken, massive lag and desync, ships tend to warp around at random, rovers are a trove of laughter, massive rendering and clipping bugs, still no sense of weight or whatever when flying ships. It will be years to make this into the game that once was the dream of many, if it ever happens.

I dont even want to think about how this will perform when the flood gates open and the 2nd and 3rd wave of "testers" gain access to this bah of poo poo!

Phraccy fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 23, 2017

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

SCtrumpHaters posted:

can someone please ban this tired, boring gimmick?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Milky Moor posted:

just probate him for a month so the thread has something to do once everything goes back to the status quo of "just wait for 4.0"

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Every time someone responds sincerely to ballposting guy's trolling a bug gets added to the blocker list

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
Please let my Christmas stocking be stuffed full of Major Tom 3.0 videos.

ahmini
May 5, 2009

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Troll or not this is a pretty good impression of backer thinking.

They're not gonna be seeing the godawful jank and everything being broken, they're going to be blown away by the fact that they can do something other than wander around a single space station. The mere fact they have an update with "3.0" printed on it (irrespective of it being nothing like the original scope of 3.0) is enough to claim victory over derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

We'll see $200million out of this dumpster fire yet!

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Milky Moor posted:

I was upset too when I saw Citcon and wanted MOMA gone. But I got over it and am trying to be better. You will too.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

ahmini posted:

Troll or not this is a pretty good impression of backer thinking.

They're not gonna be seeing the godawful jank and everything being broken, they're going to be blown away by the fact that they can do something other than wander around a single space station. The mere fact they have an updated with "3.0" printed on it (irrespective of it being nothing like the original scope of 3.0) is enough to claim victory over derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

We'll see $200million out of this dumpster fire yet!

Look at reddit. Everybody is partying, hardly any mention of the jank. They're thirsty. The sale is gonna be a big success.

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

I miss Lazrin

ModernSociety
Jul 12, 2017

ModernSociety posted:

I miss Lazrin

My bad. Typo.

I miss Lazorin'

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Milky Moor posted:

After a while you find the people that fall for it more annoying.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

AP posted:

After a while you find the people that fall for it more annoying.

I'm not really trolling. Maybe slightly hyperbolic. You guys are dead on balls wrong >80% of the time. Its tiring. CIg has come a long way in the last couple months to prove they are an actual gaming company. This is kinda the capstone of that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I'm not really trolling. Maybe slightly hyperbolic. You guys are dead on balls wrong >80% of the time. Its tiring. CIg has come a long way in the last couple months to prove they are an actual gaming company. This is kinda the capstone of that.

I just wish you'd put more effort into it, it's so half arsed.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

AP posted:

Like most everyones opinions and the "hilarity" in here. I'm what has been made of me.

ahmini
May 5, 2009

AP posted:

Perhaps, but that's because we know hairy balls are just around the corner.

However, you can't deny that's exactly what the shills are thinking right now. They're so desperate for good news that literally any update (even a horribly broken one that is mostly unplayable) will be heralded as the next coming of Christ.

CRobbler unexpectedly squeezing this large turd out to PTU before it's even remotely ready is a loving genius move and SC backers are dumb enough to fall for it every single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

we should do a kickstarter for surface detail's next account

and hopefully better gimmick