Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Like most everyones opinions and the "hilarity" in here. I'm what has been made of me.

No seriously, you could look up moma's list of spaceships he posted, then post them as yours and talk about how awesome they all are for absolutely ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

AP posted:

No seriously, you could look up moma's list of spaceships he posted, then post them as yours and talk about how awesome they all are for absolutely ages.

That sounds insanely boring and dishonest. 1000 post derails with moma are why Assrapistdude420 existed.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

SCtrumpHaters posted:

I'm not really trolling. Maybe slightly hyperbolic. You guys are dead on balls wrong >80% of the time. Its tiring. CIg has come a long way in the last couple months to prove they are an actual gaming company. This is kinda the capstone of that.

Only 80%?
I was hoping for 50%.
So go us.

:)

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
I have a base game package now but I might get the new Anvil fighter concept that's coming up. Now is a good time to get in if you are sick of the bullshit.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Looks like Roberts won, time to wrap it up goonailures.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

That sounds insanely boring and dishonest. 1000 post derails with moma are why Assrapistdude420 existed.

Ok go back to your gimmick then that's not insanely boring and dishonest. I honestly don't even remember Assrapistdude420 so it appears we just find different things entertaining. I could spend ages talks to idiots and I like engaging them in conversation.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Still no video by the cat ? He promised. Don't break your promess catso or I'll get angry.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
New patcher looking good.

https://twitter.com/badnewsbaron/status/933702924366204928

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
he was the cosby of alts

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

This will never not make me laugh.

Solarin posted:

what was this gif from anyway?

It’s one of the early sketch comedies CIG created during the post Wingman early ATV era, usually as a lead-in for a short-lived series “Sandi Goes To Flight School”.

It was a botched attempt to make Sandi appear more likeable in “she’s a gamergirl!” kind of way. But Sandi’s visible unease with both acting and Star Citizen itself was simply unmistakable. It was bad enough even CIG realized they were pushing their luck, as only goons looked forward to the next installment. So they phased it out without comment and slowly started dialing her persona back to something more natural to her — disinterested news reader patronizing a viewership she’ll be happy to kick to the curb as soon as she gets her big Hollywood break and becomes relevant to a demographic with greater social currency.

Any day now.

I’m assuming it’s too late to make a sale prediction but if it’s not put me in for $6M because “You gotta believe!”

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

D_Smart posted:

They're not 2D sprites. It's just completely messed up LOD on the 3D models.

But enough about your terrible space fps game

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

SomethingJones posted:

Guys I have a bad feeling that Star Citizen 3.0 is utter shite

That's what happens when your community forces you to rush a release. I was hoping they would take their time and get it right.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dusty Lens posted:

That's what happens when your community forces you to rush a release. I was hoping they would take their time and get it right.

They can get it right or they can release it, pick one.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Look at reddit. Everybody is partying, hardly any mention of the jank. They're thirsty. The sale is gonna be a big success.

I disagree, I think they really jumped the gun on this. If this was done for the sales it should've been done either on day one or midway through the sale with an announcement about PTU on day one.

Yes, the posts are of excitement, but excitement is fleeting; I'd give it two days before the excitement wears off and the backers look at what's been served to them closely. From what I've seen so far PTU is little better than the 3.0 that was shown at Gamescom and that was very poorly received (by r/sc standard's anyway), so I think this will likely have a similar reaction once everything's calmed down.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

This game coded in Dark Basic seems more functional than 3.0
http://store.steampowered.com/app/652410

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Look at reddit. Everybody is partying, hardly any mention of the jank. They're thirsty. The sale is gonna be a big success.

Look everywhere else. The stealth ptu release hasn't even register as a blip and barely anyone is talking about the actual patch and its content and most of it is just that something is out.

CIG probably punched in all the info they had and realized that "Do Nothing" is no longer a viable option to continue the funding train. After gamescom they sort of went dark and hoped to weather the storm but the rapid falloff of funding probably has them spooked. They know they are hosed, so they rather take a chance now than wait for the inevitable

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 23, 2017

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Look everywhere else. The stealth ptu release hasn't even register as a blip and barely anyone is talking about the actual patch and its content and most of it is just that something is out.

CIG probably punched in all the info they had and realized that "Do Nothing" is no longer a viable option to continue the funding train. After gamescom they sort of went dark and hoped to weather the storm but the rapid falloff of funding probably has them spooked. They know they are hosed, so they rather take a chance now than wait for the inevitable

Where is "everywhere else" besides here, reddit, and RSI.

Your post is full of speculation, blind hope, and dreams. Open your eyes dude.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Dogeh posted:

1.81m

Hobo Lando will persuade some dumb-asses to buy land.
Clifford will buy an entire moon and call it Planet Miku.
Sandi will want her very own moon and no fucker will be allowed to land on it.

Star Citizen is amazing. I'm really loving the PowerPoint effects.
I'm changing my original guess to 4.2 million and PC Gaming is now saved.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Where is "everywhere else" besides here, reddit, and RSI.

Your post is full of speculation, blind hope, and dreams. Open your eyes dude.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=star+citizen&dcr=0&tbm=nws&source=lnt&tbs=qdr:d&sa=X

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Imagine my surprise to find out I haven't given CIG enough money to get PTU access lmao.

Also, saw this on reddit:

quote:

You do QT very differently this time. There is no ''blind'' QT, so you cannot QT in a random direction. You must have a destination for it to work.

If that's true it means the TEN HUNDRED MILLION SQUARE KILWRATHIMETERS OF SPACE TO EXPLORE might as well not exist lol

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Imagine my surprise to find out I haven't given CIG enough money to get PTU access lmao.

If that's true it means the TEN HUNDRED MILLION SQUARE KILWRATHIMETERS OF SPACE TO EXPLORE might as well not exist lol

Who care when you have 3 moons filled up with maps of skyrim.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

SelenicMartian posted:

This game coded in Dark Basic seems more functional than 3.0
http://store.steampowered.com/app/652410

This looks sweet actually

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Twerk just now: “i really want to show you guys missions — hopefully they fix the mission system. I was unable to complete every mission... except for the dookie one — where you pick up poo poo.”

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Twerk just now: “i really want to show you guys missions — hopefully they fix the mission system. I was unable to complete every mission... except for the dookie one — where you pick up poo poo.”

Pretty good summary of the whole story so far, actually.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So far all I'm seeing on reddit is "screenshot of ugly terrain OMG!" and guys... I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe... well maybe Star Citizen isn't that good?

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

I see a lot of confusion over how one could be both a subscriber and a "concierge" and not yet be eligible.

HOW MUCH MORE DO I HAVE TO SPEND FOR YOU TO LOVE ME CHRIS

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I think 3.0 looks really good for 50 people in a mostly broken tech demo.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7f0k3o/why_mobiglass_and_holograms_need_redesign/

:thunk:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Looks easy to read if you were cross-eyed. Plus at a blazing 17FPS no less.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beet Wagon posted:

So far all I'm seeing on reddit is "screenshot of ugly terrain OMG!" and guys... I'm starting to think that maybe, just maybe... well maybe Star Citizen isn't that good?

Would you mind listing the AAA games you've produced?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarPlaysGames/status/933724346882850816

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009

I remember being nine and judging my terrible secret of mana fanfic by the number of spiral notebook pages it consumed, yeah

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

hardycore posted:

I remember being nine and judging my terrible secret of mana fanfic by the number of spiral notebook pages it consumed, yeah

Tell us about your secret Dyluck adventures.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
No 3.0 thread title...
:sad:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

HHahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah

Imagine it goonies you get home from work and have a few hours to kill at bedtime before getting your precious sleep. You try to steal goods off a ship and the game slaps you with a three hour lock down. Netflix I guess?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

thatguy posted:

No 3.0 thread title...
:sad:

This needs to be remedied, stat.

Citizen Quest III: Vanduul's Revenge

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Beet Wagon posted:

So QT is basically a loading screen then?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

they've got some catching up to do, CIG are at about 3500 PAGES

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Fatkraken posted:

they've got some catching up to do, CIG are at about 3500 PAGES

Hell, SA is coming up on 10000 pages just between the last thread and this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol hosed up if true