Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Dragging treestyle tabs from one window to another is broken and requires me to 'refresh' the sidebar by double-clicking the button in both windows.

I feel if it's gonna break there should at least be a way to automate that step but damned if I know what it is or if the developer cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I can't play Twitter's embedded videos anymore. uBlock Origin probably didn't mysteriously start blocking them the instant I upgraded, is this a Flash-related thing? I don't know anything about anything :shobon:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Firefox Tracking Protection is known for ballsing those up and can be used outside of Private Browsing now. I'd check that, then if it's still a problem, turn on Advanced Mode in uBO and check the per-server block status from the address bar icon.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

dont be mean to me posted:

Firefox Tracking Protection is known for ballsing those up and can be used outside of Private Browsing now. I'd check that, then if it's still a problem, turn on Advanced Mode in uBO and check the per-server block status from the address bar icon.
It was set to "only during Private Browsing", but turning it off made no difference. Turned off uBO altogether for that page and that didn't fix it, and the only servers it's blocking when it's on are google-analytics and tellapart.

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

bewilderment posted:

Dragging treestyle tabs from one window to another is broken and requires me to 'refresh' the sidebar by double-clicking the button in both windows.

I feel if it's gonna break there should at least be a way to automate that step but damned if I know what it is or if the developer cares.
The developer does care. Cared so much he already fixed it. https://github.com/piroor/treestyletab/issues/1595

Should be in the next version uploaded to AMO.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Szmitten posted:

I found the problem.

I too long for the days when I had to restart Windows 95 daily or it'd become unstable.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
I’d left 57 running in the background for a few days on my work desktop - and found it’d blown out to using 2GB of RAM, ~100MB/s disk and was pretty much maxing out one core.

Funny thing is it only had a couple of intranet sites loaded so there definitely wasn’t any bad ads or mining stuff going on.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Not having multirow tabs is a killer. For ages I've looked at Chrome users in this state and laughed inside:

Now with Firefox 57, I can enjoy a life that is somehow worse, as my tabs scroll off the side into a scrollbar abyss (sure, the menu thing exists, but I'm still not quite sure about it).

Still, I've always been the optimist with Mozilla breaking poo poo, and have thrown my :20bux: towards the Tab Mix Plus dev in hopes of restoring proper flexibility to tab management. The current tab bar almost certainly does cover 90% of use cases, but gently caress that, this is the browser for weirdos with weird workflows, and I hate to see it fall down the crevasse of "emulate Chrome's UI choices, they're the majority and they must be right" for the sake of market share.

Edit: having to switch to a tab to close it is also incredibly annoying.

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Nov 23, 2017

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

What are you talking about? Right-click, "Close other tabs" does wonders without ever having to touch the other tabs. And is the only way to deal with that kind of horror that you have posted.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
I just use middle click to close tabs. :shrug:

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
The soviets used a pencil

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Volguus posted:

What are you talking about? Right-click, "Close other tabs" does wonders without ever having to touch the other tabs. And is the only way to deal with that kind of horror that you have posted.

Individually, which I do.

The Close Other/Close Right work more or less fine, although the "Are you sure?" dialogue every time is annoying.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I thought I might install uMatrix but the add-on page thinks I have Firefox 52 installed and won't let me. Help > About Firefox tells me I have 57.0 (64-bit) installed.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

dissss posted:

I’d left 57 running in the background for a few days on my work desktop - and found it’d blown out to using 2GB of RAM, ~100MB/s disk and was pretty much maxing out one core.

Funny thing is it only had a couple of intranet sites loaded so there definitely wasn’t any bad ads or mining stuff going on.

Intranet sites are basically walls of stuff that may have stuck or may have simply come to rest against the wall upon the pile of things that didn't stick, same as other enterprise code-to-order.

I mean you're right, if your company wanted to use idle cycles for cryptomining they'd install a service on the standard image (can't imagine it'd be economical anymore), but being on an intranet doesn't absolve a Web site of poo poo.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

dont be mean to me posted:

Intranet sites are basically walls of stuff that may have stuck or may have simply come to rest against the wall upon the pile of things that didn't stick. I mean you're right, if your company wanted to use idle cycles for cryptomining they'd install a service on the standard image, but being on an intranet doesn't absolve a Web site of poo poo.

Nah it’s an extremely simple site without any sort of long running scripts and the problem doesn’t occur in any other browser.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Individually, which I do.

The Close Other/Close Right work more or less fine, although the "Are you sure?" dialogue every time is annoying.
You should be able to turn that warning off with browser.tabs.warnonclose.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Not having multirow tabs is a killer. For ages I've looked at Chrome users in this state and laughed inside:

Now with Firefox 57, I can enjoy a life that is somehow worse, as my tabs scroll off the side into a scrollbar abyss (sure, the menu thing exists, but I'm still not quite sure about it).

Still, I've always been the optimist with Mozilla breaking poo poo, and have thrown my :20bux: towards the Tab Mix Plus dev in hopes of restoring proper flexibility to tab management. The current tab bar almost certainly does cover 90% of use cases, but gently caress that, this is the browser for weirdos with weird workflows, and I hate to see it fall down the crevasse of "emulate Chrome's UI choices, they're the majority and they must be right" for the sake of market share.

I long ago made the decision to just open a new window when my tabs start scrolling (which I have set to 32px wide). Haven't had any issues with finding a tab since the autocomplete will take you to the right window.

Applebees
Jul 23, 2013

yospos

Dead Goon posted:

I thought I might install uMatrix but the add-on page thinks I have Firefox 52 installed and won't let me. Help > About Firefox tells me I have 57.0 (64-bit) installed.

If you have the resist fingerprinting config option enabled, it reports the version as 52 to websites. You should still be able to install the extension if you download it first, or you could disable the config temporarily.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alright, having used 57 for a while, I can definitely say there is a change in page load speed, at least here, now. Now if that's because of SALR no longer being active or 57 itself, but it used to be "go to next page and go to next tab while that page is loading" while catching up on threads in the morning/after work.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Applebees posted:

If you have the resist fingerprinting config option enabled, it reports the version as 52 to websites. You should still be able to install the extension if you download it first, or you could disable the config temporarily.

That was it, thanks!

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Has anyone else had problems with NoScript 10 seemingly at random causing Firefox to hang, with the only fix being disabling the add-on and refreshing or restarting the browser? Looking at reviews and comments on Maone's blog it seems like this a problem a lot of people are having, and it's pretty much unrelated to hardware or other software. Personally, when it happens to me it doesn't correspond with any abnormally high resource usage, so I've more or less ruled that out. Any ideas what's hosed, or is it just wait for a patch from Maone/Mozilla?

Vord
Oct 27, 2007
It happens to me as well but as far as I've noticed it only happens on pages with embedded tweets in them. An answer or fix would be much appreciated.

Off topic question Kite but what's you're avatar from?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

KiteAuraan posted:

Has anyone else had problems with NoScript 10 seemingly at random causing Firefox to hang, with the only fix being disabling the add-on and refreshing or restarting the browser? Looking at reviews and comments on Maone's blog it seems like this a problem a lot of people are having, and it's pretty much unrelated to hardware or other software. Personally, when it happens to me it doesn't correspond with any abnormally high resource usage, so I've more or less ruled that out. Any ideas what's hosed, or is it just wait for a patch from Maone/Mozilla?

I had the same problem and just went back to umatrix.

However, I've had firefox hang performing a TLS handshake. So far it's only happened maybe 3 times total and a page refresh fixes it. I can't seem to figure out what causes it.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
https://twitter.com/gorhill/status/934835662985064448

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Is there anything that can replace Download Status Bar for Firefox Quantum? I've found I really miss having my downloads unobtrusively visible. I tried searching the addons site, but couldn't find anything in the ocean of video download extensions.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
On what page is the talk about SALR being hosed over by the update? Because 200 pages is a bit much to go hunting through

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

On what page is the talk about SALR being hosed over by the update? Because 200 pages is a bit much to go hunting through

Several. There appears to be a goon or two looking to work on porting it over but astral has said they're too busy to port as it stands.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

hooah posted:

Is there anything that can replace Download Status Bar for Firefox Quantum? I've found I really miss having my downloads unobtrusively visible. I tried searching the addons site, but couldn't find anything in the ocean of video download extensions.

I think replacing that will require the reimplementation of the toolbar API https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215064

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

this is a troll right

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Read posted:

I think replacing that will require the reimplementation of the toolbar API https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215064

drat, that's what I was afraid of.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Read posted:

Wait, is this why I can't get a loving taskbar at the bottom with downloads, GMail notifiers, weather, one-click proxies and all that other bloated poo poo I loved in old FF? Because there hasn't even been a toolbar API built before Quantum's release?

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Vord posted:

It happens to me as well but as far as I've noticed it only happens on pages with embedded tweets in them. An answer or fix would be much appreciated.

Off topic question Kite but what's you're avatar from?

It's Madoka Magica, though even I can't remember quite where I got it because it's been floating around on my HDD for like, 4 years.

And yeah, same for me, embedded tweets. It's either XSS protection related or related to the script Twitter uses for embeds. Turning off the former did nothing, but I also allow Twitter as safe and that didn't fix it either.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

hooah posted:

I miss that one, too. Image Toolbar is another one that is currently apparently impossible to duplicate due to Mozilla deciding to rush Quantum out the door in the most halfassed manner possible.

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Anyone using Lastpass on FF for Android, because now when I try to log in, it just takes me to a blank screen and doesn't actually log me in.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I recently refreshed Firefox and now when I'm on youtube, the sidebar for recommended videos is there, but the thumbnails are all blank.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

why can't I log into twitch with the new Firefox

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
Do you have third party cookies blocked? That can cause trouble like that...

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

Arcsquad12 posted:

I recently refreshed Firefox and now when I'm on youtube, the sidebar for recommended videos is there, but the thumbnails are all blank.

Try refreshing the page, worked for me.

Seriously though, good job Mozilla on fixing nothing anyone wanted fixed and introducing a bajillion new problems. A+ update.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

KiteAuraan posted:

mozilla.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there any 57 equivalent for BarTab and its clones?

All I want is for unloaded tabs to be greyed out and an "unload tab" option in the right click menu.