Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Exits ship. Falls through surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

These cats can’t infographic for crap.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Asema posted:

So did this save Star Citizen?

Looks like it. Watching streams it seems like they got the planetary landing part kinda sorta working which is the most effective boner fuel for nerds. The rest is a dumpster fire but enough wallets will be emptied to buy some time.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Asema posted:

So did this save Star Citizen?

2.0 wasn't very good and bumped their daily (non sale days) income from ~30k to ~70k for about 3 months. That was two years ago though, are Citizens dumb enough to fall for it a second time?

YS

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

He himself stated the NYC apt and Beach Condo bit in this forum several times. General consensus was that those were made up (much like everything he claims/calls/utters/etc). Was just egging him.

I'm glad your family is dead

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

AP posted:

That was two years ago though, are Citizens dumb enough to fall for it a second time?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Thoatse posted:

I think he does a decent job of playing full cultist, often deploying snips of real devotee's arguments or distilling them to their essence for brevity. He's no kekeivlio (sorry for murdering your using name dude) but it's funnier than constantly posting screenshots of the same drivel because this way people here bite on his rereg's then play puppetmaster which is more entertaining than slapfights with moma

Thanksgiving on Port Olisar

https://i.imgur.com/NCiGelT.gifv

kikiliveho is an artist

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
Christmas came early this year.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

AbstractNapper posted:

Clearly polishing for months is showing results.

And here is a ship jpeg you could purchase now.

Maybe they were actually Polishing for months. Sure, the game looks like poo poo, but they know an exciting new language!

Uzyskaj zwrot pieniędzy!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/fhWFkuw.gifv

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Every stream I check out I accidentally read chat and always see some loving dickhead going "This game has more content than Battlefront 2/Skyrim/Witcher 3/almost any other game ever and it's only in alpha!"

Meanwhile I'm watching some loving guy running around a dead base trying to find a door to the hangar where his ship is for 20 minutes. Then he clips through the railing of a starcase he's on and dies from blood loss moments later.

Comments like that make me unreasonably angry. What loving content, you little turd? It's a loving insult to developers who spend years crafting interactive worlds with complete gameplay loops. No one actually gives a gently caress how many Skyrims you can fit in the puckered anus-crater of a lovely planetoid devoid of life, because it's only surface area. You can fit a billion Star Citizen into Elite: Dangerous, and people still grow tired of that game after 30 hours.

If I had to have this discussion with an actual person in real life it would immediately result in a hectic argument and I wouldn't stop until we were physically fighting. And yes, I own the fact that I'm the psycho in this scenario.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Guys, I noticed that the world has changed and that nothing will ever be the same.

I tried playing a game I bought on sale during the Steam sale but it's almost as if gaming has been revolutionized somehow.

Did something happen with Star Citizen?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Mangoose posted:

Every stream I check out I accidentally read chat and always see some loving dickhead going "This game has more content than Battlefront 2/Skyrim/Witcher 3/almost any other game ever and it's only in alpha!"

Meanwhile I'm watching some loving guy running around a dead base trying to find a door to the hangar where his ship is for 20 minutes. Then he clips through the railing of a starcase he's on and dies from blood loss moments later.

Comments like that make me unreasonably angry. What loving content, you little turd? It's a loving insult to developers who spend years crafting interactive worlds with complete gameplay loops. No one actually gives a gently caress how many Skyrims you can fit in the puckered anus-crater of a lovely planetoid devoid of life, because it's only surface area. You can fit a billion Star Citizen into Elite: Dangerous, and people still grow tired of that game after 30 hours.

If I had to have this discussion with an actual person in real life it would immediately result in a hectic argument and I wouldn't stop until we were physically fighting. And yes, I own the fact that I'm the psycho in this scenario.

I once saw a guy insist that he had played Star Citizen more than all the games in his Steam library combined

Maybe it was true; maybe he only had a copy of Bad Rats that someone gifted him as a joke

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Ok, to return to the urinal talk of sometime ago.

Chris Roberts has just shat in the urinal.

Some brave twitch streamers are trying to piss the poo poo away.

It's not working, it's only making the smell worse.

:shrek:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Kosumo posted:

Ok, to return to the urinal talk of sometime ago.

Chris Roberts has just shat in the urinal.

Some brave twitch streamers are trying to piss the poo poo away.

It's not working, it's only making the smell worse.

:shrek:

At the end of the first sentence, I was certain the post was not going to be worth it.

I'm happy to say my initial prejudice was incorrect.

:hfive:

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Mangoose posted:

They're either cultists (so you're not the psycho) or paid shills.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Having watched several streams my $6 million prediction remains but now for the refunds sub.

:five::five::five: It would be insanely funny if the refunds sub outpaced the sales tracker this year

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
"This is amazing." - streamer walking around a 3d space station at 15fps with no functioning gameplay elements and glitchy NPCs

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.
If you can't eat some turkey today, do like the Japanese: eat KFC.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

You all must have forgotten this is an ALPHA product, of course there are bugs. The important thing is that it's at least somewhat playable.

If you wanna poo poo on 3.0 you could start with the fact it's not fun and will never be fun, or that the promised emergent gameplay careers associated with movable boxes could be months away, or that this is year 6 of production.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

BluesShaman posted:

"This is amazing." - streamer walking around a 3d space station at 15fps with no functioning gameplay elements and glitchy NPCs

Watching the NPC take a "space dump" position like you'd do in the middle of the woods was certainly comical.

Hobo and Zyloh were on the chat earlier.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

MilesK posted:

You all must have forgotten this is an ALPHA product, of course there are bugs. The important thing is that it's at least somewhat playable.

If you wanna poo poo on 3.0 you could start with the fact it's not fun and will never be fun, or that the promised emergent gameplay careers associated with movable boxes could be months away, or that this is year 6 of production.

We regularly poo poo on all of that and more, furthermore we poo poo on the bugs too because it's cool and good.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

G0RF posted:

DerekSmart Art

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This dude is playing disconnected from the server so get gets a much better framerates, so you get a better idea of how stuff should look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVrsLsvW5-I&t=1238s

The LOD pop-up, regular pop-up, and Superman64 fog do show that the engine needs to be heavily optimized.

e: And I guess those are the racing canyons they were so excited about?

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 23, 2017

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Solarin posted:

DerekSmart Art

I'm pressing ESC to confirm.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Abuminable posted:

Baloney. This game is crowdfunded and doesn't cower to corporate overloads.
It also doesn't cower to the making things fun overlords, the getting poo poo done on time overlords, or the not spending unearned cash on ostentatious tat overlords.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
The November sale is the biggest month, unless Citizens start spending like crazy this weekend, I believe we are going to see panic at CIG. Which means visible, terrible errors of judgement with public relations and marketing.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

AP posted:

The November sale is the biggest month, unless Citizens start spending like crazy this weekend, I believe we are going to see panic at CIG. Which means visible, terrible errors of judgement with public relations and marketing.

Yeah that'll be a real change of pace

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Golli posted:

Please explain further. Homemade or purchased?

Homemade. I will take a picture when dessert comes.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

G0RF posted:

Shots fired

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

tooterfish posted:

It also doesn't cower to the making things fun overlords, the getting poo poo done on time overlords, or the not spending unearned cash on ostentatious tat overlords.

CIG are operated like a household with no parents around: no one to enforce bedtime, no one to make sure the kids don't eat only sweets, no one around to call the fire brigade if the children play with matches, and no one to ensure the kids don't play in the street.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

AP posted:

Don't worry, everyone's thrilled with 3.0. They won't realize it's not fun, and will never be fun, until roughly 10 days from now.

The sale was timed perfectly.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

MilesK posted:

Don't worry, everyone's thrilled with 3.0. They won't realize it's not fun, and will never be fun, until roughly 10 days from now.

The sale was timed perfectly.

The vast majority of backers can't even play this dumpster fire; they can only salivate whilst they watch streamers taunt them with their early access. Even concierge level are third tier scrubs in this PTU.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Beet Family Thanksgiving went off great. I'm filling you in on this because for some reason CIG didn't feel the need to give me PTU access lmao.

Just waiting for everyone to be ready for the mocha cranberry mousse, and then probably getting drunk and playing MWO because lol I love lovely pc games

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mangoose posted:

Sorry — that’s me. I’m really excited!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Beet Wagon posted:

Beet Family Thanksgiving went off great. I'm filling you in on this because for some reason CIG didn't feel the need to give me PTU access lmao.

Just waiting for everyone to be ready for the mocha cranberry mousse, and then probably getting drunk and playing MWO because lol I love lovely pc games

Can't wait for the Beet Wagon Presents Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 livestream

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

It is a shame Battlerite is so low. Battlerite is v. good and should be played/watched by more dudes.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Abuminable posted:

The vast majority of backers can't even play this dumpster fire; they can only salivate whilst they watch streamers taunt them with their early access. Even concierge level are third tier scrubs in this PTU.

When the new gameplay is "look at these procgen moons". I don't think it makes a difference if you actually play the game or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Daztek posted:

Can't wait for the Beet Wagon Presents Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 livestream

Please use Michael Kamen's overture from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves to kick off your stream. The 3.0 hype is real.