Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
you keep mentioning the iconic duo’s vocal fan base but who the gently caress are they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Bard Maddox posted:

you keep mentioning the iconic duo’s vocal fan base but who the gently caress are they

Oh sweet summer child, don't look on various websites/twitter pages/reddit. They love to hijack the NXT twitter hashtag and post their iconic duo RP stuff, among other things. Their fanbase is up there with Alexa Bliss's fanbase in terms of that kind of stuff. I have no clue why they have such a large following either, since both of them are (or was possibly, in the case of Peyton) jobbers.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 22, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Do the Iconic Duo sell a lot of merch in comparison to Ember Moon or whoever else? If so then I'd be more willing to believe they would try to appease social media hardcores

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Cavauro posted:

Do the Iconic Duo sell a lot of merch in comparison to Ember Moon or whoever else? If so then I'd be more willing to believe they would try to appease social media hardcores

I don't even think they have merchandise, but Peyton probably will after Takeover: Houston. I think the only two active women in NXT who have merch right now are Ember and Kairi (and Kairi's shirt isn't even her own. So technically only Ember has merch right now).

To be honest, WWE could probably make a killing off of selling replica ship wheels and masks that Kairi wears. Or the flower stuff that Peyton usually has with her.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 22, 2017

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This information I've learned from you is morally quite bad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i cant wait until next year when we find out that wwe bought armies of twitter/reddit/etc. spam bots to try and get billie and peyton over as iwc favorites.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Bard Maddox posted:

me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Peyton is awesome, Billy is all right

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

Peyton is awesome, Billy is all right

Billie moves like a baby fawn in the ring. Was a great babyface on the indies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU3u8UYhhNw

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I like the Twitter videos the iconic duo post messing with Gargano and Hideo and stuff but can't remember a match they ever had

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Lone Goat posted:

I'm trying to imagine what Lance Storm could teach anybody about character work and drawing a blank.

“How to tag with Jericho”

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hate the term "vanilla midget" but if it was in the dictionary they'd have a picture of Lance Storm next to it

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

rovert posted:

Billie moves like a baby fawn in the ring. Was a great babyface on the indies. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU3u8UYhhNw

I was a big fan of Jessie McKay in Shimmer and never really understood why they decided to do such a drastic change with her in NXT. I'll admit the whole "everyone's favourite girlfriend" gimmick was patriarchal but it's not like "vapid brand obsessed Iconic" is any better. I was wondering today if the whole reason they have her wearing way too much makeup is so to keep her from getting cheered.

Also I really don't want another Laycool pairing which would probably happen if Peyton got the belt.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
team billie, gently caress peyton

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Renaissance Spam posted:

I was wondering today if the whole reason they have her wearing way too much makeup is so to keep her from getting cheered.

That's a good question, because she seriously looks completely different in that video.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Bard Maddox posted:

me and tens of other men. TENS OF US

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
huh, NXT's doing a Full Sail taping on Wednesday 11/29; are they going live to tape for that night's episode?

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008

Renaissance Spam posted:

I was a big fan of Jessie McKay in Shimmer and never really understood why they decided to do such a drastic change with her in NXT.

Not trying to be gross but I’m pretty sure it’s because she got breast implants.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Not trying to be gross but I’m pretty sure it’s because she got breast implants.

Oh god, she did?

That actually would explain her drop in match quality; from my limited knowledge base (read: 1 person who was willing to talk about it) implants do require an adjustment period when it comes to balance and movement.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

TV's on! Ruby Riot vs Sonya Deville, and Gargano vs Dunne in the main event

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

abraham linksys posted:

TV's on! Ruby Riot vs Sonya Deville

A "hard hitting female contest" according to our buddy Mauro.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lars: :stare: ......................... getting kicked in the face hurts.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

mfw this lars promo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Renaissance Spam posted:

Oh god, she did?

That actually would explain her drop in match quality; from my limited knowledge base (read: 1 person who was willing to talk about it) implants do require an adjustment period when it comes to balance and movement.

What was the name of the female wrestler in WWE who had the giant mole on her face/was JBL's secretary then got a gimmick as a terrible singer that she parlayed into an iTunes single? I recall that when she got her breast implants she went from a pretty good wrestler to far more limited (though they did do a storyline in her home fed about how her breast implants had poisoned her and made her evil!)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Jillian

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Get Lars a Heyman ASAP.

...Ember too for that matter.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Riot/Deville wasn't bad at all so hopefully Sonya can be carried on the main roster.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's right. Jillian Hall.

What a weird and lawless time <any period of time in WWE) was.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love how the street profits include the fans.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

tweet my meat posted:

I love how the street profits include the fans.

I like the one dude just roaring,"YOU SUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!"

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Alexander Hamilton posted:

if i remember right, she popped up on Smackdown for a night after she came back from the surgery, too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"What are you doing? You can't bite!" :lol:

Edit: Gargano's realization he can kick Dunne in the face now was the best.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I, for one, am shocked that Gargano and Dunne had an awesome match.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Dunne/Gargano was good as hell and Ruby/Sonya was pretty decent too (if Sonya can be carried like that then she'll probably do just fine on the main roster)

Thought it was hilarious when they were trying to retcon Ruby's heel debut on Smackdown, while Ruby is in the ring babyfacing her rear end off.

Otherwise, typical post-Takeover show, which lives or dies on the quality of the dark matches. Thankfully those were good, so it was an enjoyable hour, if not must-see.

Benne fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Nov 23, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Benne posted:

Thought it was hilarious when they were trying to retcon Ruby's heel debut on Smackdown, while Ruby is in the ring babyfacing her rear end off.

Apparently, everyone who got called up got "the call", brother on Sunday morning.

For example, on Friday night Aliyah was laughing in the background at Liv playing piano at home on Snapchat.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5qzSTpYNas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxk16bceolc

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

So was it established that Almas winning was an audible? Probably the best decision if so, but curious if not

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

So was it established that Almas winning was an audible? Probably the best decision if so, but curious if not

Nope, confirmed the opposite. It was the plan all along. Drew was only injured on the actual planned finish.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

Nope, confirmed the opposite. It was the plan all along. Drew was only injured on the actual planned finish.

What Aphrodite said. Across all major website sites.

When I asked someone close to the situation the night of Takeover they said on Almas: "he has been scheduled for over a week to win".

It has been widely speculated/near confirmed Drew was being called up after dropping the title. So this injury sucks big time for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah that was my guess - Drew just ticks far too many Vince boxes not to be an early call-up even in spite of how he was treated on the main roster last time. It really sucks that he would get derailed right on the cusp of making his big return.

• Locked thread