Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

grieving for Gandalf posted:

what are the chances there's gonna be a hella deal on a Switch this weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm bummed out from missing that Disgaea 5 deal. I wonder if other places like Walmart will do a price match with the ad or if they'll refuse because of it being a special Black Friday deal.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Don't put joycons in your nose

Put them in there do not put them in there
https://i.imgur.com/xPZ9OcO.mp4

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I just bought my wife a £300 Mario Kart machine for Christmas, how irritating and lovely are the joycons to use sideways for multiplayer? The right one in particular looks like a real piece of poo poo with the analog stick all the way over in the centre.

Do I just go buy some cheap wheels to stick them in and become a motion controls guy?

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I just bought my wife a £300 Mario Kart machine for Christmas, how irritating and lovely are the joycons to use sideways for multiplayer? The right one in particular looks like a real piece of poo poo with the analog stick all the way over in the centre.

Do I just go buy some cheap wheels to stick them in and become a motion controls guy?

I’m an Xbox Duke apologist and I think either Joycon is alright.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

They are real bad. The shoulder buttons are easier to hit with the straps on, though they feel like mushy garbage.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GigaPeon posted:

I’m an Xbox Duke apologist and I think either Joycon is alright.

Same. The Duke was a national treasure and I fear I'll never see that kind of genius craftsmanship ever again, and even I can tolerate the sideways joycons.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

Lego Worlds is Minecraft, Lego City Undercover is GTA.

Also, one is a halfbaked tech demo that never should have been published while the other is the second best Lego game only surpassed by Dimension. Too bad that'll never come to Switch since it died an early death.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And joycon multiplayer should only be done in an emergency when you meet a hot girl at the airport.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Takoluka posted:

Consider how many people have not bought Puyo Puyo Tetris but have multiple hours of play in its demo.

I bought it 3 times. Imported for Vita, NA PS4 because I didn't think I would get a switch, and then again for the switch.

Lodin posted:

And joycon multiplayer should only be done in an emergency when you meet a hot girl at the airport.

So never, then.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lodin posted:

Also, one is a halfbaked tech demo that never should have been published while the other is the second best Lego game only surpassed by Dimension. Too bad that'll never come to Switch since it died an early death.

Serious question: which one is which? I haven't kept up with the Lego games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Lego City Undercover is really fun and well worth playing.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

They're actually pretty good. I've played plenty of mp Mario Kart, Odyssey, PPT, and Snipperclips with them. With and without the strap. (Without the strap definitely gets a little crampy after a while tho)

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Rayman Legends is sold out at Best Buy, but not yet at Walmart.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It works well for mario kart and puyo puyo tetris imo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

For Mario Kart if you're doing under 200cc just use the auto accelerator feature, since you'll be holding the button the whole time anyway. It makes using the single joycon much better.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

And Lego Worlds feels like something the devs slapped together on their time off and Warner Brothers demanded they flesh it out. It did not turn out well.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
I'm glad I'm not a big PC games person (Basically only play Overwatch on PC) so I don't mind the graphics on Rocket League. I was worried I might not get all the controls but the basics tutorial was really helpful.

And when I get paid next I'll get DOOM, like RL I never played it so I'm glad I'm experiencing both on the perfect console.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
So...scalpers bought up all the BB switch stuff? Gotta make that $10 profit.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

It's a little awkward but not terrible. If you're going to be doing a lot of docked two-player, though, you should probably just shell out for a pro controller, and the other player can use the joycons in the grip.

Alternatively, you could pick up another set of joycons plus a charging grip (separate joycons don't come with a grip, and I don't think you can buy the regular grip standalone), which will be pricier but has the added advantage of letting you do 4-player if you have people over, and won't give you or your wife an excuse to complain about an "advantage" with the pro controller (don't laugh, we all remember giving the lovely third-party N64 controller to our friends to use).

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I found a 3D printed grip style I like, so I made a few of those. Not for everybody, of course, but it let me try out a few grip styles.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Is there still an eshop thread, or do y’all just do that in here now?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Game looks good, downloading demo now - I hope it's more on the full ARPG end of the spectrum than the Gauntlet Legends "coop expected" end though because I have no friends.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

404notfound posted:

It's a little awkward but not terrible. If you're going to be doing a lot of docked two-player, though, you should probably just shell out for a pro controller, and the other player can use the joycons in the grip.

Alternatively, you could pick up another set of joycons plus a charging grip (separate joycons don't come with a grip, and I don't think you can buy the regular grip standalone), which will be pricier but has the added advantage of letting you do 4-player if you have people over, and won't give you or your wife an excuse to complain about an "advantage" with the pro controller (don't laugh, we all remember giving the lovely third-party N64 controller to our friends to use).

Nothing on the console is going to get enough play to justify a second set of joycons or a pro controller, thanks though.

Think I'll just see how it goes and make a call from there, thanks thread.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Dangit I thought the disgaea sale was friday

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm bummed out from missing that Disgaea 5 deal. I wonder if other places like Walmart will do a price match with the ad or if they'll refuse because of it being a special Black Friday deal.

I am bummed out too. I was hoping for at least that or cheap Xenoverse 2, but both are sold out. :(

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Midjack posted:

I bought it 3 times. Imported for Vita, NA PS4 because I didn't think I would get a switch, and then again for the switch.

Yeah, I owned it on Vita and 3DS, and it wasn't enough! Switch was definitely a go.

Also, the 3DS version has lag. That really wasn't a powerful system.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oryp posted:

Hey everyone, I have been considering getting a Switch for a bit now, probably taking the dive soon. I was wondering about all of the available accessories though, if you can help me out. I will probably use this 80+% in docked/console mode, and I am particularly wondering about controllers needed for 2 player co-op.

At least initially I am looking at: Splatoon2, Mario Kart, and Fire Emblem Warriors.

Splatoon 2's great, but keep in mind there's no local multi-player unless you've got 2 switches. So yeah, keep that in mind.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Dangit I thought the disgaea sale was friday

I also mistakenly believed that the Black Friday sale would be on Friday. :(

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Football had a Switch ad featuring Zelda, Mario, and Kart. That's a good way to move some units, who doesn't love 1 of those games.

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

Hammer Bro. posted:

Rayman Legends is sold out at Best Buy, but not yet at Walmart.

Sold out at walmart but instock at target for $25 plus free shipping.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you go to BB at opening, you should still be able to get the deal.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I wonder how streamlined XC2 is and whether Monolith has learned from their past mistakes or not. I'm currently playing XCX and while it's an amazing game it does its best to annoy the gently caress out of you every step of the way, much like most Monolith releases including XC1.

Now one thing I really hope someone told them is: verticality is cool and all but it's also ok not to force players to look around for loving miles and miles to find the only, minuscule path to climb up. Every time I see rock walls in their games I completely lose my poo poo. Every loving time.

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Nov 23, 2017

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Picked up I am Setsuna on sale on the eshop. It's okay I guess. I'd rather be playing Crono Trigger.

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
I feel like I'm missing something with Xenoblade. I tried the last 3DS one and I just couldn't get into it. The battle system seemed to suffer by being real-time / MMO style.

I feel like that just leads to needing AI cause you can't control multiple chars simultaneously very well.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I wish the sales extended to digital purchases :smith:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Stop buying digital and you'll stop feeling sorry for yourself for paying a premium to rent a game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Stop buying digital and you'll stop feeling sorry for yourself for paying a premium to rent a game.

no

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kawabata posted:

I wonder how streamlined XC2 is and whether Monolith has learned from their past mistakes or not. I'm currently playing XCX and while it's an amazing game it does its best to annoy the gently caress out of you every step of the way, much like most Monolith releases including XC1.

Now one thing I really hope someone told them is: verticality is cool and all but it's also ok not to force players to look around for loving miles and miles to find the only, minuscule path to climb up. Every time I see rock walls in their games I completely lose my poo poo. Every loving time.

A good chunk of the previews for XC2 say they fixed a lot with what was wrong with X and is closer to XC1 in nature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Mario Kart on sale anywhere?

• Locked thread