Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I agree with the analysis of "King Cobweb" in that Luxanna Crownguard is League's most well-designed champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

New Vayne skin is good, real good. Like my new favorite skin in the game, good.

It feels so satisfying to play and CS with, and the HUD overlay when you use your ult is such a neat yet unobtrusive touch. Looking forward to nothing but Project Vayne and Mecha Rengar games for the rest of the season :dance:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

saying LoL has a lot of lazy designs isn't exactly a hot take since riot said as much when they were doing the class updates

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/uQk5Ywl.gifv

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

eve is so fun

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

d0grent posted:

eve is so fun

Oooh perfect

Something tells me Twitch wasn't having a fun game, huh

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

We first blooded noc before minions spawned followed by me counter ganking his first gank bot and getting a triple. No one on the enemy team had a fun time that game, and that brings me great joy.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Verviticus posted:

this is silly. she can be killed at any point - her ult basically forces her to fight in a camille style box without anything preventing you from walking away. if she ever misses her grab, gently caress her up. when she ults, just dont get hit by the tentacles. you can accomplish this with a tiny amount of awareness and walking completely unimpeded to the side. she has no cc except when her grab procs

the 2v1 advice has a bit of merit - your jungler is probably too stupid to do the above, so he'll heal her and die

while writing that post i def thought "this is probably not a question i should answer bc i havent played top in forever"

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Tales of Woe posted:

I think Azir might be the only champ that's been made simpler since release - they got rid of both his knockup and his CDR to attack speed conversion thingy

Miss Fortune, arguably. Noone knew what the old Impure Shots did. They've also made Double Up more complicated and then simplified it again.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I watched this gif like twenty times in a row last night, it's :perfect:

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

2014-2015 Miss Fortune was a terrible mess of a champion where her AD scalings did magic damage and her AP scalings did physical damage so it was impossible to itemize for her and the Marksman update made her infinitely better.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Nook posted:

2014-2015 Miss Fortune was a terrible mess of a champion where her AD scalings did magic damage and her AP scalings did physical damage so it was impossible to itemize for her and the Marksman update made her infinitely better.

Disagree. You just stacked full AD and did a billion mixed damage. Her all-ins were so much better then, though her ult was a bit worse.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

What is all this bullshit

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The new runes have caused :siren: 29 new Bugs on Mordekaiser :siren:

Orv
May 4, 2011
And all was right with the world.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the two morde mains are gonna be real upset about it

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

RealFoxy posted:

The new runes have caused :siren: 29 new Bugs on Mordekaiser :siren:

Delete him, issue refunds

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I have to assume Morde is on the rework block after Swain in terms of 'complete' overhaul. He remains the jankiest, buggiest champ on the roster.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Monathin posted:

I have to assume Morde is on the rework block after Swain in terms of 'complete' overhaul. He remains the jankiest, buggiest champ on the roster.

Irelia is after Swain and then Aatrox after that. There's still a bunch of janky old champs they seem unwilling to touch

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Why are they reworking irelia she's fine

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

d0grent posted:

something something "stat-checky". I think she's got fine gameplay already, and they're keeping the Q which is her primary mechanic anyway, so hopefully it won't be as much of an overhaul as the others on the kit side.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

d0grent posted:

Ball of stats the champion. She only does well if she's ahead because she has a very low impact ult, a 'gimme statz' skill and two active ones that require her to go in on someone. If she's good she's autopick because she crowds everyone with shittier stats out, if not you don't have a reason to pick her besides really liking trinity force procs.

EDIT: Also because she does so little with the 'telekinetic bladesman' fantasy that is just cool as hell. She hits you with the flat of her blades, she gets a lil shiny glow inbetween them and she chucks weak-feeling versions of her weapon pieces out. Only Bladesurge is really a decent representation of what she should be doing right now.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think they're trying to get rid of old champion kits that are either feast or famine (except for kindred because FoF is her literal design) or kits that completely shape the game around them, like irelias.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Adc Morde is a special treasure to all

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Reality Winner posted:

Adc Morde is a special treasure to all

I really liked the idea behind the rework. The execution left some things to be desired.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Better nerf irelia

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Volibear needs a VGU even more badly than Morde I think. Will be really surprised if he doesn't enter the queue next year.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Tales of Woe posted:

Irelia is after Swain and then Aatrox after that. There's still a bunch of janky old champs they seem unwilling to touch

So uh is Nunu working as intended? Cause even I can tell something's off.

And it's not just the fact that there are champs called Amumu, Nunu and Lulu.

Elman fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 23, 2017

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Irelia has easily the most terrible ult in the game, it feels completely awful to use and is super low impact

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Coming back to this game after like 5 years of absence feels pretty darn hard. perhaps i am too old and retarded now

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Luna Was Here posted:

I think they're trying to get rid of old champion kits that are either feast or famine (except for kindred because FoF is her literal design) or kits that completely shape the game around them, like irelias.

This doesn't actually counterpoint the fact that Morde's design gameplay-wise is super awful garbage busted and was even before the attempt to shove him botlane (which I agree wasn't a bad idea but was easily the worst executed Juggernaut). Taking control of Dragon is boss as hell though.

Also I'm legitimately trying to think of who would qualify for a complete VGU overhaul next if not Morde. All of the worst offenders are done or in progress.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Luceid posted:

Coming back to this game after like 5 years of absence feels pretty darn hard. perhaps i am too old and retarded now

First 10 games you are going to feel like your hands are broken. The fingers forgot what order to click buttons. I would highly recommend checking out the new practice mode in custom games for like 10 minutes or so.

You are not the only one. Everyone you play against is just as bad as you. Don't worry.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

So uh is Nunu working as intended? Cause even I can tell something's off.

And it's not just the fact that there are champs called Amumu, Nunu and Lulu.

The current runes are really unkind to Nunu (and Ivern). He definitely needs a rework, even though I adore playing him when he's decent. He's just so different than a traditional jungler.

They've tried a few times to rework different parts of him as a stopgap until he gets a full overhaul: his Q used to just be a smite + heal, then they gave it different buffs based on what he eats with it, then they replaced that with a max HP + movespeed stacking mechanic, then they changed his passive so it also casts the spell one level above in addition to making it free.

All of that is playing in the margins and ignores the fact that his kit is six years out of date.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gowb posted:

Irelia has easily the most terrible ult in the game, it feels completely awful to use and is super low impact

it's strong with sheen/trinity force and can be used to prime a minion wave for Sick Plays with her Q. The healing can turn duels as well. It's not flashy but pretty far from the worst in the game.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

kingcobweb posted:

The current runes are really unkind to Nunu (and Ivern). He definitely needs a rework, even though I adore playing him when he's decent. He's just so different than a traditional jungler.

They've tried a few times to rework different parts of him as a stopgap until he gets a full overhaul: his Q used to just be a smite + heal, then they gave it different buffs based on what he eats with it, then they replaced that with a max HP + movespeed stacking mechanic, then they changed his passive so it also casts the spell one level above in addition to making it free.

All of that is playing in the margins and ignores the fact that his kit is six years out of date.

Lane Nunu with Comet is hilarious, albiet less than ideal

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

kingcobweb posted:

Nunu is one of the worst performing champs across any role right now and I'm super ok with that because when Nunu is good he's obnoxiously so.

What I'm saying is rework Nunu because he's extremely boring and nothing about him clicks except the ice + yeti thing I guess. Just make him an ADC version of Kled who throws snowballs.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

if nunu's auto attack was snowball and it slowed like a frozen mallet, he could be a pretty good top laner

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

is yi good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mikujin posted:

Nunu is one of the worst performing champs across any role right now and I'm super ok with that because when Nunu is good he's obnoxiously so.

What I'm saying is rework Nunu because he's extremely boring and nothing about him clicks except the ice + yeti thing I guess. Just make him an ADC version of Kled who throws snowballs.

Thematically idgaf, but gameplay-wise I'd like it if they solidified him as the premier control/counterjungling dude. As is, it kinda happened by accident because of how his Q works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Tales of Woe posted:

it's strong with sheen/trinity force and can be used to prime a minion wave for Sick Plays with her Q. The healing can turn duels as well. It's not flashy but pretty far from the worst in the game.

Which ult is less impactive + feels worse to use in all circumstances