Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FPzero posted:

: Tell him not to worry because I'm planning to go all out. Besides, the next one will probably be the last...

Yeah, that'd be my reaction, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Nagito is probably not going to manage to kill the traitor, because that would make the case too easy. Unless he and and the traitor end up dead I guess. Either way, I imagine Nagito is going to die. Perhaps he will reveal the traitor (who I still suspect isn't really a traitor) via his death.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nagito's going to get tied up and subsequently murdered. The entire remaining cast are accomplices (since they tied him up) so they are all executed. Bad end.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
It could be Nagito's plan to have this specifically happen. If he gets tied up by the group maybe he figures the only person with a motive to murder him would be the traitor, and then he trusts in the rest of the group to be smart enough to figure out who it is during the trial as murders tend to leave evidence.

Kitala
Sep 2, 2012

Not Some Opera Floozy

Pash posted:

It could be Nagito's plan to have this specifically happen. If he gets tied up by the group maybe he figures the only person with a motive to murder him would be the traitor, and then he trusts in the rest of the group to be smart enough to figure out who it is during the trial as murders tend to leave evidence.

Current Nagito doesn’t seem like the type to trust the others for anything.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Clearly he’s actually planning to murder Monokuma, after all going all out means going for the hardest target.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Kitala posted:

Current Nagito doesn’t seem like the type to trust the others for anything.

Exactly, he seems to think we're small minded useless people, and so he's gonna do everything himself.

I feel bad for Monomi.

She's distrusted by the others, made into annoying comic relief by Monokuma, nobody likes her...

Sad.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
For some reason I can see the portraits but not any of the screenshots.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Tombot posted:

Try refreshing or closing your browser then reopening it? They're all hosted on LPix so it's not like LPix is down; you wouldn't be able to see anything if that were the case. They're definitely up on my end and others have been able to read the update.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Tombot posted:

I've been having that problem for a couple days. I fix it by copying the post ID (the 478597281 at the end)
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793286&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=63#post478597281

and putting it at the end of the "view single post" option, like so:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=478597281

That seems to fix the problems for me.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It's perfectly understandably why no one likes her, since in their view she kidnapped them even for altruistic reasons and has been a colossal gently caress up since them.

The fact it took them that long to realize as much of a screw up she is, and how antagonistic Monokuma is towards her that she's trying to help is a bit telling.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Robindaybird posted:

It's perfectly understandably why no one likes her, since in their view she kidnapped them even for altruistic reasons and has been a colossal gently caress up since them.

The fact it took them that long to realize as much of a screw up she is, and how antagonistic Monokuma is towards her that she's trying to help is a bit telling.

Agreed. I think the cast is justified to be suspicious of Monomi at first, but they look really dense to not realize how malicious and abusive Monokuma is to Monomi. Though the two being stuffed toys made it easy for the cast to dismiss them.

Between being the first to realize that Monomi might be their ally and being one of the most surprising team players in the group, I'm really liking Baby Gangsta here. :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I also like that Baby Gangsta, unlike the others, didn't dismiss Nagito - he tried to find him to tell him about meeting at the noodle carts, but he was AWOL.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
At this point I'd believe anything of Nagito, even committing suicide to frame the wrong guy because DEATH IS THE ULTIMATE HOPE OF THIS DISASTER WORLD.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
I just thought of something, can Nagito use his luck to somehow make someone kill him when they didn't want to? Or is this just another one of those dumb weird thoughts that pops into my brain from time to time?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Sessile
Feb 27, 2008

Stephen9001 posted:

I just thought of something, can Nagito use his luck to somehow make someone kill him when they didn't want to? Or is this just another one of those dumb weird thoughts that pops into my brain from time to time?

It's been shown that Nagito has no actual control over his luck. If we're to believe Nagito, people have died due to it against his wishes before. So the answer is, maybe, if the authors fates decide to do so.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Stephen9001 posted:

It could, if he invented a luck based killing method.

But that seems difficult to do.

Still, Nagito is crazy. So who knows how many crazy lengths is he willing to go.

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
Does this mean he'd have an in with the RNG Gods? Imagine how crazy a game of DnD with him would be... as DM or just a player. >.<;

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

silversatyr posted:

Does this mean he'd have an in with the RNG Gods? Imagine how crazy a game of DnD with him would be... as DM or just a player. >.<;

"I'm sure that this battle is just an opportunity for the party's hope to shine through!"

"...is that why you punched the king?!"

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

amigolupus posted:

Agreed. I think the cast is justified to be suspicious of Monomi at first, but they look really dense to not realize how malicious and abusive Monokuma is to Monomi. Though the two being stuffed toys made it easy for the cast to dismiss them.

Between being the first to realize that Monomi might be their ally and being one of the most surprising team players in the group, I'm really liking Baby Gangsta here. :3:

I mean to be fair the legitly believe that both Monomi and Monokuma's behaviour is an act to get them on Monomi's side, at least for most of the game before this point. I think it's fair for them to act like that especially since she's a stuffed animal that claims to have kidnapped them, and Monobear is another stuffed animal that is making them kill each other. And that the islands are a perfect stage for them to kill each other on? It's very clear that this setting has been planned out for them, so why not think the two stuffed animals with the same naming schemes and design are in it together?

Even if Monomi isn't actually on Monobear's side at the end of the game, I think it's fair to say that she's personally put their lives in danger and caused several of their deaths due to negligence as a school trip supervisor.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Toalpaz posted:

I think it's fair for them to act like that especially since she's a stuffed animal that claims to have kidnapped them, and Monobear is another stuffed animal that is making them kill each other. And that the islands are a perfect stage for them to kill each other on? It's very clear that this setting has been planned out for them, so why not think the two stuffed animals with the same naming schemes and design are in it together?

Legitimate point. Let's say for the sake of argument that whoever created Monomi has no association with whoever is running Monokuma and is actually opposed to them. Why the hell would that hypothetical person have obviously taken design inspiration from Monokuma then?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Outside of both being stuffed animals, Usami originally didn't really look all that similar to Monokuma.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Stroth posted:

Legitimate point. Let's say for the sake of argument that whoever created Monomi has no association with whoever is running Monokuma and is actually opposed to them. Why the hell would that hypothetical person have obviously taken design inspiration from Monokuma then?

I'm sure it was done with some sort of intention to parody the first school killings event by a similar but different organization that the first mastermind was a part of. Maybe even the original group hijacking this event is true. But like, if I was a high school student in this situation there's almost no way I'm trusting that rabbit.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Outside of both being stuffed animals, Usami originally didn't really look all that similar to Monokuma.

She as a similar style and silhouette before her transformation too. (That might just be because of the art style of the game) Yeah but if they can plan all the motives, and the fun house segment staging, then they can create two character designs for monomi too. Before monokuma is revealed, and then after when they give her the split half.

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 23, 2017

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Toalpaz posted:

It's very clear that this setting has been planned out for them, so why not think the two stuffed animals with the same naming schemes and design are in it together?

Monomi's real name is Usami and she was originally a magical girl bunny, Monokuma is the one who gave her her new look and name.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

*Ding dong, bing bong*

: Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make... Gooooood morning, everyone! Looks like today is gonna be another perfect, tropical day! Now then, let's show some enthusiasm and make sure to give it our all today!

: I'm pretty sure everyone's starting to meet up... For now, I should head over to the restaurant.

: I decided to look at our display of Hidden Monokumas.

I've gathered quite a lot... Since I've come this far, I want to collect them all...

: And we should be able to do that no problem!

: There's no one outside this morning

: Chiaki's in the lobby though.

: ...
: Hey Chiaki...
: Heeeey Chiaki!?

: ...I wasn't sleeping.

Yes you were!

: Totally not sleeping...I was playing a game.
: You were sleeping while you were playing a game?
: There's always time for gaming...
: That doesn't make any sense... Anyway...you look more tired than usual.

: Last night...I had a weird dream that woke me up in the middle of the night...so maybe that's why.
: A weird dream?
: It was...a Monokuma puzzle game. It was like one of those tile-falling games where you make falling Monokumas disappear by creating a chain...
: But no matter how much I played, I just couldn't beat it, and the Monokumas just fell endlessly. Why did I have a dream like that...?

It's probably because we saw that factory where those Monokuma goods are made.

: Yo Hajime... Check it out, I'm already eatin'!
: ...As usual, you're eating a lot.
: Well, we might get locked in a place like the Funhouse again. So I gotta eat when I can.
: EAT WELL! poo poo WELL!

: ...Okay, now that we've finished our breakfast, let's jump right into the main topic.
: Hey...I'm still eatin' here...
: I just got here...I haven't had a chance to eat anything yet...
: It's okay...I'm pretty much done eating.

Y-You selfish little...!

: And, of course, the main topic is about our plan to capture Nagito that we're supposed to carry out today!
: A-Are you...really going to do it?
: Of course! I spent all night coming up with this plan!
: That means I haven't slept for two days straight. Don't you think my effort should count for something!?
: We get it... Hurry up and spill that plan of yours already...

: Well, I thought up several plans, but in the end, I figured that a straightforward plan would be the best...
: One of us will be the decoy who lures Nagito into the lobby by telling him we need to talk to him there...
: And then, at the best possible moment...the two task force members will move in and swiftly capture Nagito...
: So that's the plan! What do you think!?
: It's easy to understand so I'm cool with it. Anyway, are there any bananas left?

: S-So now...I will present each of you with your role.
: Since it's my plan, I'll take the role of commander. I won't let anyone object to that.
: But commander...sounds like the most fun.
: Hey! Didn't I just say I won't let anyone object!?

: Next I'll present the two task force members. These big roles...go to you two, Fuyuhiko and Akane!
: ...Yep, sure thing.
: Tch... Got no choice...
: And...the person burdened with the core of this plan, the decoy who has to lure Nagito... I'll give that role to...Chiaki Nanami!
: Huh? No way.
: Wh-What did you saaaaay!?

: I mean...it's not like I ever agreed to this plan.
: I-It's gonna be fine...it's not like you're gonna tie him up. You're just gonna lure him...
: Besides, there's no way I'd ask Miss Sonia to take on such a dangerous role, you know? So please, I'm begging you.
: What a rude way to ask for help... If Mahiru was here, she would've beaten you up.

: I mean...you did say earlier...that you definitely can't accept killing...
: ...Isn't that right? I need your help to stop another killing...
: And didn't I just say I'm begging you!?
: Wh-Why...are you snapping at her all of a sudden...?

: ...Fine.
: You're gonna do it!? All right, then this lineup is perfect!
: Hey...Sonia and I haven't been given roles. What should we do?
: Sonia has the role of princess.

That doesn't make any sense.

: And you're on chore duty. I want you to supply the rope we need to tie up Nagito...

: Denied!
: Whaaaaaa--!? Why!?
: If Hajime has nothing to do anyway, he shall accompany me!
: No...like I said, he needs to supply the rope...

: This is not a request...this is an order!
: An order, I tell you! There is somewhere I must go!
: Ugh...ghghghghghgh...
: F-Fine...! If Hajime and Miss Sonia are free, it's fine!
: Good! Repeat that!
: If Hajime and Miss Sonia are free, it's fine!
: T-To object so forcefully... Where do you need to go, Sonia?

: I shall tell you in due time. We will be discovered if I speak too loudly.
: Y-You're gonna be alone with Hajime...a-at a secret place...? U-Ughh...for now...

: We'll carry out the plan tonight. All of you...make sure you prepare your bodies and minds...
: Is our commander going to be okay...? His energy seems to have dropped pretty drastically.
: Let's all disperse for now...

: Now then, please come to the hotel lobby in thirty minutes.
: Y-Yeah... Sure thing...

After our planning meeting had ended, I quickly finished eating my breakfast... By the time I made it back to my cottage, it was already close to the time I agreed to meet Sonia.

: And then we're given control again with no further musings from Hajime. Let's get to the lobby.

: Akane's out by the pool.

: It's pretty refreshing to eat food by the pool.

She's...still eating...

: Kazuichi and Monomi are having an argument.

: Arrrgh! Shut the hell up you useless rabbit!
: Noooooo! I won't be quiet! I cannot accept this plan!
: Hey, what happened?
: Well, that Monomi bastard apparently heard about our plan...

: You can't! Your teacher can't allow this plan!
: It's not like we want to do this! We're just doing it because Nagito's dangerous...
: He's planning to kill someone! This is just self-defense!
: B-But...I still can't ignore it... I just can't allow...my students to fight among themselves... Love! Loooove!
: Arrrgh! Shut the hell up you useless rabbit!

Looks like they're talking in circles... It might be better if I just leave them alone. If they keep shouting like that, I'm pretty sure Nagito might overhear them...

: Let's see where Sonia wants to go.

: Hajime...you are late.
: Huh? I'm right on time... Wait, should I have come a little earlier...?
: A little earlier...? In my country, you are severely punished if you do not arrive 13 minutes before an arranged meeting time.
: For such an orderly country...13 minutes is a pretty arbitrary rule.
: Oh I see, this is culture shock... Then I guess that can be overlooked.
: So where are you planning to do? I just have to come along, right?

: Of course...it is a place that pertains to *this* discovery we made yesterday.
: ...Jabberwock Island Development Plan!? Did you...find out something about it!?
: How should I say this...? After reading this document over and over again, I suddenly realized... The Future Foundation was planning to rebuild a facility on this island to use as their headquarters.
: You're talking about the large administrative building on the central island, right? But I couldn't find a building like that anywhere. Maybe they said something about a different island?

: Or, what if their plan suddenly changed and they had to use a different facility?
: ...A different facility?
: Was there not a facility on this island inscribed with the symbol of the Future Foundation...?

: As I recall, the ancient ruin on the 2nd island had such a symbol on its door...

: Yeah, you're right... The Japanese word for future, "mirai," was inscribed there. If that's the case...that ruin might be connected to the Future Foundation, right?

: The discrepancies in the document are strange, but there is no doubt that that ruin is quite suspicious.

...You're right. I'd completely forgotten about it after being locked inside the Funhouse, but...the possibility that that ancient ruin is connected to the Future Foundation is incredibly high...! I knew there was something strange about that place.

: Sonia... After hearing all this, I want to go there as much as you do. I'll definitely come with you.
: Then...I may not be competent, so please be patient with me.

: I have a feeling that last line was a joke that got lost in translation or something. Either way, we'll make our way over to the ruin next update.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Sonia continuing the excellent trolling of Kazuhiro by asserting her assigned role. This is good.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I hope this means we finally get to see Sonia drive a tank right through the walls of the ancient ruins. :allears:

Toalpaz posted:

I mean to be fair the legitly believe that both Monomi and Monokuma's behaviour is an act to get them on Monomi's side, at least for most of the game before this point. I think it's fair for them to act like that especially since she's a stuffed animal that claims to have kidnapped them, and Monobear is another stuffed animal that is making them kill each other. And that the islands are a perfect stage for them to kill each other on? It's very clear that this setting has been planned out for them, so why not think the two stuffed animals with the same naming schemes and design are in it together?

Even if Monomi isn't actually on Monobear's side at the end of the game, I think it's fair to say that she's personally put their lives in danger and caused several of their deaths due to negligence as a school trip supervisor.

Monomi used to be Usami the magical girl bunny, a completely different naming scheme and design. Monokuma's a devious little poo poo who changed her to Monomi because he wanted the students to associate the two and destroy what little trust they have of her. I do get that it's fair for the students be suspicious of Monomi, but I feel like it took them way too long to look at how Monokuma has been a vicious dick to Monomi and not have any doubts about it.

And I don't think it's fair to put any blame on Monomi here for the deaths. She wanted this to be a fun trip for people to bond and be friends, and looked absolutely shocked that Monokuma was in the island in the first place. And we've seen Monokuma overwhelm her and made sure to reduce her to a powerless comic relief, so it's not like she has any pull on what happens anymore. She's just as much prisoner as the students, IMO.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

amigolupus posted:

Monomi used to be Usami the magical girl bunny, a completely different naming scheme and design. Monokuma's a devious little poo poo who changed her to Monomi because he wanted the students to associate the two and destroy what little trust they have of her. I do get that it's fair for the students be suspicious of Monomi, but I feel like it took them way too long to look at how Monokuma has been a vicious dick to Monomi and not have any doubts about it.

And I don't think it's fair to put any blame on Monomi here for the deaths. She wanted this to be a fun trip for people to bond and be friends, and looked absolutely shocked that Monokuma was in the island in the first place. And we've seen Monokuma overwhelm her and made sure to reduce her to a powerless comic relief, so it's not like she has any pull on what happens anymore. She's just as much prisoner as the students, IMO.

I mentioned in another post that she still has the same silhouette n such. It's possible she was designed with the intent to transform after the introduction. I don't know why you would take a stuffed animal at her word, and a serial kidnapper at that. Oh well, we'll see the truth in due time though.

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

FPzero posted:

: Then...I may not be competent, so please be patient with me.
: I have a feeling that last line was a joke that got lost in translation or something.

Isn't that something like a stereotypical or traditional thing for a newlywed Japanese wife to say to her husband on her honeymoon?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Sonia bullying Souda is great. Sonia is great.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, gadget man's going to kill us dead.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

dancingbears posted:

Isn't that something like a stereotypical or traditional thing for a newlywed Japanese wife to say to her husband on her honeymoon?

Actually it's just a thing to say to someone "I'm not very experienced so please don't get mad at my mistakes."

They're working together.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

: We're not immediately taken to the ancient ruin, so we can actually walk around and talk to people with Sonia in tow.

: I went outside before realizing Fuyuhiko's actually hanging around in the restaurant, so let's use the outside staircase we never use to get to the restaurant directly.

: Sonia has different things to say depending on where she is.

: ...When we come here...it is easy to reminisce about the days we spent together with everyone...

: Hey Fuyuhiko...what are you doing?
: ...Fuyuhiko?

: Oh, it's you. I...was just looking at this photo here. It's the first time...I've seen a photo of Peko and me where we look like equals...
: Tch, Mahiru... When the hell did she even take this photo?

Did I just see a flicker of light in Fuyuhiko's eye...? Was he...crying?

...I think I should leave him alone.

: Back outside again, once more talking to Sonia.

: My stalker...I mean, Kazuichi, is over there. Let us depart so he does not notice us.

She's treating him like a stalker, huh... I'm starting to feel even sorrier for that guy.

: Sorry Sonia, but for the sake of dialogue I must.

: Do you really think...someone as unimportant as you...is allowed to walk with Miss Sonia alone?
: Hm? I allowed it.
: Gh...ghghghghghgh...

: Ugh... Kazuichi won't listen to me no matter how much I tell him...
: But I won't give up...! As a teacher, I must correct my students for good!

: Akane's still poolside but she says the exact same thing she did last update so we're skipping her. Chiaki's waiting by the hotel exit.

: Hey, what exactly does Kazuichi do as a commander?
: How should I know...?
: In games...commanders are usually flags.
: ...Flags?
: If you defeat the commander, no matter how many of their units are left, you still secure a victory. Even damaging the commander is enough to decrease the opponent's morale... As far as plans go, it's a pretty standard tactic.

: Wonderful! That plan has my seal of approval! Continue to target the commander!
: Y-You're totally mistaking who to fight! What's the point of targeting Kazuichi!?
: ...You are right. What a shame.
: Sh-Shame...!?

If Kazuichi heard that, his rapidly diminishing enthusiasm might plummet into the negatives. I don't know why, but...I'm starting to feel sorry for that guy.

: I guess this is the "Sonia endlessly dunks on Kazuichi" update. Sonia is awesome.

: Let's go to the ruin.

: No matter how many times I see this place...it certainly gives me the willies...
: ...Well, we should not dwell on that. After all, we are here to look for clues.

That's right...there's no doubt we'll find something here.

: ...All right, let's start.

: We'll see what Sonia has to say first.

: There is no mistaking it... The Japanese word for "future" is on the door. But this facility... Now that I have taken a better look at it...
: It...bears an uncanny resemblance to Hope's Peak Academy... Why is that?

: She's not wrong about that... Hmm...

: Let's examine the door more closely.

If this is a real gun... Is this building so important that it requires this much security?

Now that I'm taking a closer look at it...the door looks even stranger. For a building that looks pretty rundown and shabby, this door looks very high-tech.

: Future, huh...

This liquid crystal display next to the door...

: That's probably it... This is probably the key. This door will probably open if we input the correct numbers...

: We have discussed this before as well, but it would be dangerous to test it haphazardly. If we make a mistake, it is possible that we will be fired upon by that gun. I can think of no other reason for that gun to be there.
: As long as that's a possibility...it'd be bad if we acted recklessly.
: That is right. Courage and recklessness are completely different. If you were shot at by a gun like that, you would have more holes in you than a Beatrice's nest...
: ...You mean a "bee's nest?"
: I-In my country...we use the expression, "Beatrice's nest"!
: A-Anyway...right now, we definitely shouldn't test it out so recklessly.

: In order to open this door, we must find the password first. Or...destroy the door with some kind of explosive force.
: Nah, that's impossible... This door looks extremely sturdy. It's definitely better if we find out the password instead.
: All right, all we have to do next is find out what the password is. It's a good thing we came here so we could at least find that out...
: You are right...

But the probem is...where would we obtain that password? When we first came here, even Monokuma and Monomi said they didn't know the password. If they really don't know it, how are we supposed to find out?

Music fades out.

: ...As usual...it's a mystery, huh...

After finishing our investigation of the ancient ruin, Sonia and I decided to back to our cottages for now.

: It's still the middle of the day... Looks like I have some free time. Now then, what should I do?

: We're going to do something different today instead of jumping right into Free Times. We're going to take care of some loose ends related to the Pet.
: As I think I mentioned before, my plan is to get the Pet that grows from having 9-10 Hope and 6-9 Despair before growth. I hadn't really been paying attention to my Pet much this chapter but I realized that if I wanted to have a shot at that goal I needed to actively work on it starting right now.

: So I ran over to the Market to use the Vending Machine.

: I ended up buying a load of Mineral Waters and Ramunes because the Pet doesn't care what you give it, Presents will always reduce Despair by one and increase Hope by one no matter how much they cost.

: So here's why I had to start working on this now. Despair accumulates over time if you don't clean your pet's room. But since giving presents also decreases Despair, I need to front-load all the presents to boost the Hope meter right now. This means I'm starting from 0 Despair and have to hope that within 600 steps I'll have enough Despair accumulated.

: So I loaded up my pet with Presents to get the Hope Meter to 8 and got to walking. I didn't go all the way to 9 or 10 so I'd be able to decrease the Despair meter a little bit if it started increasing too quickly. The Pet dies if Despair hits 10.

: Along the way, I passed by the Beach and decided to play the Monomono Yachine game for more presents. I had so many Monocoins from repeating Trial 4 for my screenshots that I decided to start spending as much of my money as I could to bypass the Repeat Rate and collect every present from this lottery.

: I was 34 coins shy of guaranteeing the final present so I ended with a repeat rate of 99.12%. But when Pets finish their final growth they give more coins so I'm just waiting for that.

: And so I kept running around the first island.

: Along the way I started learning something about how the Despair meter fills.

: It appears that the Despair Meter starts increasing exponentially the more poops are in the room. The game must have a flat number of steps that cause a Despair point to tick upwards that gets halved or something for every poop in the room.
: I ended up stopping at 8 Despair, which is more than the 6 required, just because that's when I ended up catching it. 10 Hope and 8 Despair puts me right where I want to be, though with a little more Despair than I intended.

: And so finally...

: Transformation is occurring.

: What could it be with that combo of the meters?

: ...Well, considering Usami was already a pet, I guess it's not *totally* surprising that Monokuma is also a pet.

: I was worried at this point about how high the Despair meter was so I tried giving him presents to lower the meter but it turns out that no present can lower the meter. But look how happy he is to get a gift!

: I even tried giving our Monokuma one of the event-triggering items that cost 50 coins from the vending machine, thinking it might have an effect. It didn't.
: It was at this point that I decided I probably won't have time before the next Trial to fully walk 2,000 steps to evolve it and get the prizes he holds.

: So, I spent the next 15 minutes carefully walking circles around the first island.

: Every so often, I'd have to check the Pet for poops and get rid of them. I'm too close to 10 Despair to let any poops accumulate.

: I walked...

: And I checked...

: And I walked some more. I walked so much that I leveled up multiple times and the game even gave me an Achievement called Nice Calves for walking 10,000 steps in total!

: But finally, 2,000 steps had passed.

: his belly opens on a hinge and the egg comes out of his chest this is weird and i don't like it

: So what did we get for all this trouble and detour?

: That's a nice haul. Tranquility is a skill and 300 Monocoins is a nice bonus to have on hand, even if I've already bought everything.

: Bye bye, Monokuma! (too bad he's not actually one from the killing game...)

: Wait, now I've bought everything. That's a 100.00% Repeat Rate. My purchasable presents list is complete.

: And lastly, a quick look at Tranquility. It completely removes the cursor drift during debates and Hangman's Gambit. Up until now we'd been using Cool and Composed to mitigate that. Now we won't have to worry about that at all. It'll make my life easier.
: That's all I have for this little behind-the-scenes, talking care of business portion of the update. Next time, we'll do some Free Times with people.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
If only they could get Nagito to try that keypad.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Or had used mecha maru's bullet proof powers

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

At this point, I have to imagine that Sonia has contemplated murdering Souda at least once.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

FPzero posted:

YAMI WO KIRISAKU OH DESPAIR

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

FPzero posted:

: That is right. Courage and recklessness are completely different. If you were shot at by a gun like that, you would have more holes in you than a Beatrice's nest...
: ...You mean a "bee's nest?"

Honestly wondering how much she makes up off the top of her head just to gently caress with people.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Huh, I wonder if the Monokuma pet always gives you the Memory Notebook? It's a key item in DR0 and it would be thematically appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
With all the Hope AND Despair I wondered whether we would get a tiny little Nagito of our very own.

Sonia's mention of using an explosive force pretty much guarantees we're going to get to see one of the tanks in action, yes?

• Locked thread