Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Nunu needs a Sion level reboot even if they keep him as a jungle control guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
They just need to make Willump sexier.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Two options:

1) need twenty minutes of different yeti noises

2) reboot concept with Nunubot as the base skin.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

while writing that post i def thought "this is probably not a question i should answer bc i havent played top in forever"

speaking of weird unreadable champions, im pretty sure illaoi is at the top of the list. id be surprised if any single person could list her entire kit's rules from memory

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

gowb posted:

Which ult is less impactive + feels worse to use in all circumstances

Nunu
Rammus
Volibear
Aatrox

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
nunu and aatrox should not be on that list

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

The Mash posted:

Nunu
Rammus
Volibear
Aatrox

I'll give you rammus but the rest..you are crazy

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Trundle ult feels pretty lame because of how hard it is to see anything happening

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
You dont need an impactful ult if the rest of you is good

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Reality Winner posted:

You dont need an impactful ult if the rest of you is good

This, but also trundle ult is noticeably impactful in that their tank will melt and you will be super buff

Emery
Feb 8, 2012
https://twitter.com/RiotRepertoir/status/932749891758993409

Morgana buffs in 7.24 lookin pretty good

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Jungle morgana incoming??

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

They're changing Zyra around a bunch on the PBE, too. The short version is that melee champs can instantly kill her plants at all levels, and W's passive is changed from granting your plants bonus health to refreshing a percentage of W's cooldown upon getting a kill, with a smaller percentage for minion/monster kills, and a 100% refund for champion kills. Should give midlane Zyra more viability.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

The Mash posted:

Nunu
Rammus
Volibear
Aatrox

Nunu ult is difficult to use, but it owns when you actually pull off a full channel.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

They really need to figure out some way to make zyra jungle viable just for thematic reasons

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Nunu ult is difficult to use, but it owns when you actually pull off a full channel.

you make a persuasive argument that nunu needs to be removed from the game. i agree with you

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Much like pre-rework Sion, I miss pre-rework Zyra. I can no longer mono-champion my way in the game because nothing else feels as right as plant lady did. I don't even play her anymore, the pain is too hard to bear.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elentor posted:

Much like pre-rework Sion, I miss pre-rework Zyra. I can no longer mono-champion my way in the game because nothing else feels as right as plant lady did. I don't even play her anymore, the pain is too hard to bear.

Her kit barely changed, and the changes improved her. Idk what you’re missing. The slowest movespeed? The near-useless passive? Not actually being able to make a plant till level two?

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Wait does zyra not have her death passive anymore????

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I remain unconvinced 90% of this thread actually plays the game.

Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

gowb posted:

Wait does zyra not have her death passive anymore????

not since the mage update in season 6
same patch they added protobelt and the new dragons

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Her kit barely changed, and the changes improved her. Idk what you’re missing. The slowest movespeed? The near-useless passive? Not actually being able to make a plant till level two?

I can't speak for Elentor but I think it's a little less fun now that each individual plant feels a bit less impactful. Reworked Q also still feels a bit more awkward to aim and quickly cast.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zyra traded off reduced power in her Q (both in terms of its damage and cast shape) and less plant damage in exchange for not having worse base stats than loving Sona. It was a good trade.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Weird piece of League ability coding that might actually affect your gameplay: Zyra’s ult happens in two separate parts. First it does damage immediately, then it knocks up without additional damage. So if you need to finish off a low-health target you don’t need to predict their movement, and if you’re at 1hp you can walk into the knockup and live

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Vermain posted:

Zyra traded off reduced power in her Q (both in terms of its damage and cast shape) and less plant damage in exchange for not having worse base stats than loving Sona. It was a good trade.

The 20 base movespeed buff :swoon:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Super Librarian posted:

I can't speak for Elentor but I think it's a little less fun now that each individual plant feels a bit less impactful. Reworked Q also still feels a bit more awkward to aim and quickly cast.

Yeah pretty much it.

kingcobweb posted:

I never said she got nerfed, but I preferred her old kit. Her old Q and plant damage was a lot of fun. The other stat changes never really mattered to me even in SR because half the fun of Zyra for me was doing these elaborate bait setups and there was a lot more punch to them when the Q and plant budget weren't spread over the fact you can now have more plants. Plants to me were a bit like mushrooms and a lot of stuff I did before that downright murdered people now don't really do anything.

Also even after all the nerfs her passive was nowhere near useless. It was a poorly designed passive that is worse than the new one, yes, but it worked in favor of an anti-engage playstyle. Her passive did enough to damage to make ganks dubious. So you had these situations where you were forced under the tower and your buffed stats can't really do anything against a towerdive. You're counting on the burst damage, which old Q + on-demand plants provided. Whether by mistake or not that damage was very tightly tuned enough to kill enemies in a lot of situations, and her awful passive covered the rest of the situations for a guaranteed 1 for 1 or, more often than the enemies expected, 1 for 2. I definitely don't miss her old passive and I don't like the design choice of making passives that depend on you dying, but the amount of 1 for 2 trades I got out of it was crazy.

Edit: Also, unless they decide to improve her E travel speed, her movespeed changes shouldn't affect her win condition as a solo laner in any meaningful way, and if they do for your playstyle then you're better off playing any other champion instead after the rework. They're a much, much more effective change for support Zyra.

Something that hasn't been touched upon is the fact that there's been a power creep that her rework did not address, and that power creep is what is resulting in her current "solo laning viability buffs". I feel like even if her budget was increased it was spread a bit too thin and it made a lot more sense in the context of her being a support. Playing as solo Zyra just became downright unfun for me after the changes. :smith:

Elentor fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Nov 24, 2017

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Luceid posted:

Coming back to this game after like 5 years of absence feels pretty darn hard. perhaps i am too old and retarded now

This is 100% me. I've just been playing jungle because screw last-hitting.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
So is there something im missing here or is Overcharge really just a shallower version of blood moon

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Monicro posted:

So is there something im missing here or is Overcharge really just a shallower version of blood moon

It's dumb as poo poo is what it is, and I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole if I didn't have to do some missions on it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's really not the best mode they've added.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Good news is you only need to play it once for one of the missions and that's it (unless the 3rd/4th missions force you to play more, I haven't made it that far yet).

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'm still bitter about how they hosed up Skarner, man.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Elman posted:

Good news is you only need to play it once for one of the missions and that's it (unless the 3rd/4th missions force you to play more, I haven't made it that far yet).

I've hit at least one more mission deeper in the tree that makes you play on it, yeah.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Servaetes posted:

Skarner is a bug not a man
(Me too)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Servaetes posted:

At least with Morde they intentionally decided "let's see what happens when we warp the game as much as possible to try and make a melee carry work, consequences be damned". Skarner's capture point mechanic is just pure :riot:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

John Murdoch posted:

At least with Morde they intentionally decided "let's see what happens when we warp the game as much as possible to try and make a melee carry work, consequences be damned". Skarner's capture point mechanic is just pure :riot:

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I'm just waiting for riot to mess up one of my favorite champions but it hasn't happened yet

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Malphite is legit my favorite champion because I'm retard so there's basically no chance of that ever happening :feelsgood:

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
malphite must now collect 12 ‘rock tokens’ from around the map to unite with his lost people and unlock his ultimate ability - transcendent blades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Unstoppable Force is now a linear skillshot with unlimited range but you only stop upon hitting a champion; if you fail to connect you will travel off the map, never to return for the rest of the game.