Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zil posted:

Oh yeah, might want to nws that image.

I swapped in a censored version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Veib posted:

Earlier today the Rifftrax Twitch channel was showing Icebreaker, a Sean Astin action movie from 2000. He was not very convincing as an action hero, especially when the bad guy was somehow Bruce Campbell.
Does Bruce Campbell get a lot of good lines? He's said that he once turned down a boring leading man role because the movie's villain was much more fun. (Also I am going to watch this before I die.)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Guy Goodbody posted:

I was at that party, I gotta be honest, I cried when she got drunk and dropped her stick pony in the pool.

:wow:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
That door frame is about what I'd expect from those kind of people.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I can't help but notice that I don't notice any eye holes on that. Maybe it's a metaphor?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Karate Bastard posted:

Maybe it's a metaphor?

No it's a falkor

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Karate Bastard posted:

I can't help but notice that I don't notice any eye holes on that. Maybe it's a metaphor?

Who needs eyes when you have luck?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ElGroucho posted:

Beard people are just junior furries imo

:ohdearsass:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
where we are going we don't need eyes to see
--Falkor on attending furcon

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No it's a falkor

Fun fact, his name was Fuchur in the original German.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Foglet posted:

Er war unserem Artax so ähnlich als er klein war. Deswegen blieb uns quasi nichts anderes übrig als ihn zu kaufen.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

syscall girl posted:

Er war unserem Artax so ähnlich als er klein war. Deswegen blieb uns quasi nichts anderes übrig als ihn zu kaufen.

Das ist eine andere Geschichte und soll ein andermal erzählt werden.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Simpson dies ist der krasseste Fall von betrügerischer Werbung seit meinem Anzug gegen den Film die unendliche Geschichte

the, bart, the

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Mezzanine posted:

The latter, since the middle character means "animal penis (for consumption)" :eng101:

EDIT - bonus :eng101:
Japanese and Chinese use the same characters with different meanings, and it means "whip" in Japanese, likely leading to many Chinese people being confused about Castlevania and Indiana Jones.

It also means whip in Chinese

"animal penis" is like a fifth-entry-in-the-dictionary derived meaning and not the first or second thing people will think of when they see that character outside of a medicinal context, jeez

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Foglet posted:

Yah, supposedly based on 'Fukuryuu' which is Japanese for 'lucky dragon'.

He's looking kinda mangy these days:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Well Fukuryuu too! <:mad:>

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Those tits aren't nearly as big as I remember them.

[edit] or maybe Falkor has gotten loving humongous?

Ak Gara has a new favorite as of 16:04 on Nov 24, 2017

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ak Gara posted:

Those tits aren't nearly as big as I remember them.

They never are, my friend. They never are. :smith:

Powaqoatse posted:

Well Fukuryuu too! <:mad:>

Thank you for this kind blessing!! :hai:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Does make me wonder if the Japanese are fans of the Neverending Story. There is a new Pokemon that's basically Falcor.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inescapable Duck posted:

Does make me wonder if the Japanese are fans of the Neverending Story. There is a new Pokemon that's basically Falcor.

Shared root origin with asian dragon mythology, more likely.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

trickybiscuits posted:

Does Bruce Campbell get a lot of good lines? He's said that he once turned down a boring leading man role because the movie's villain was much more fun. (Also I am going to watch this before I die.)

there really aren't many good lines in at all, but the leading man is insanely boring so maybe. i can't think of many other Campbell villain roles

also it was filmed at my favorite skiing in the northeast, which made the movie a lot more hilarious to watch because the snow was just about gone but they try to act like it was during a busy time

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I thought Campbell was pretty good in Burn Notice. I don't think I've seen him in anything after that.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

I thought Campbell was pretty good in Burn Notice. I don't think I've seen him in anything after that.

Why aren't you watching Ash vs Evil Dead?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Jamesman posted:

Why aren't you watching Ash vs Evil Dead?

I love how the whole series kicks off because he tried to impress a girl by reading a passage to her from his book of "poetry" (the Necronomicon that lives in his trunk).

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shared root origin with asian dragon mythology, more likely.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Drampa_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

I dunno, you be the judge. Apparently it gets along great with kids, though occasionally burns their bully's house down.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Inescapable Duck posted:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Drampa_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

I dunno, you be the judge. Apparently it gets along great with kids, though occasionally burns their bully's house down.

For some reason, that looks more like something out of Paper Mario than Pokémon to me.

Fake edit: Oh dear, I'm turning into one of those "Well back in my youth, Pokémon didn't look like that." people. :ohdear:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Inepta Lacerta posted:

For some reason, that looks more like something out of Paper Mario than Pokémon to me.

Fake edit: Oh dear, I'm turning into one of those "Well back in my youth, Pokémon didn't look like that." people. :ohdear:

Back in your youth, Pokemon looked like this.

Pokemon was always weird and had some oddly poo poo things about it we ignored. Now we've moved past Pokemon and haven't kept up so everything seems weird and oddly poo poo because we've lost our attachment to it.

Pikachu loving talks now.

Edit: Funny pics. While I find it hilarious, people probably don't wanna see hentai of Mr. Mime eating out Ash's Mom's rear end in a top hat, so here have a picture of the last thing you see before you die instead.

Jamesman has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Nov 24, 2017

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Jamesman posted:

Pokemon was always weird and had some oddly poo poo things about it we ignored. Now we've moved past Pokemon and haven't kept up so everything seems weird and oddly poo poo because we've lost our attachment to it.

Edit: Funny pics. While I find it hilarious, people probably don't wanna see hentai of Mr. Mime eating out Ash's Mom's rear end in a top hat, so here have a picture of the last thing you see before you die instead.

Oh, it's certainly true, and I'll freely admit I blocked ou... I mean forgot about Mr. Mime there. And I've kindasorta kept up with it, so it's always struck me as funny when people say that kinda thing.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Jamesman posted:

Goodpancakes posted:

Y'all need Jesus

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Collateral Damage posted:

He played Ronald Reagan in season 2 of Fargo.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He was a demon in an X-Files episode.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Pikachu doesn't talk he just makes retarded pika pika pika pika pika noises that they pretend are sensical so they can zero a few voice actor budget lines when they try to shill their lovely localized ads oh sorry I mean "animated content" in other countries, which are pretty close to zero anyway given that ninety percent of the "dialogue" is aaa. God I hate lovely poo poo shitters' lovely poo poo and the idiot fuckers who pay for it god almighty Trump bring armageddon already.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jamesman posted:

You left out the worst/best one:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Wilford Cutlery posted:

He was a demon in an X-Files episode.

It was funny cuz he started out trying to be all hard like Rosemary's Daddy but ended up just getting played.

I'm only happy when it raaaaains

Pour your misery down on me

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Karate Bastard posted:

Pikachu doesn't talk he just makes retarded pika pika pika pika pika noises that they pretend are sensical so they can zero a few voice actor budget lines when they try to shill their lovely localized ads oh sorry I mean "animated content" in other countries, which are pretty close to zero anyway given that ninety percent of the "dialogue" is aaa. God I hate lovely poo poo shitters' lovely poo poo and the idiot fuckers who pay for it god almighty Trump bring armageddon already.

It seems as though you've missed an important development in this subject which you obviously care about not at all, being above that sort of thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PittTheElder posted:

You left out the worst/best one:

And you left out the cosplays:

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Kinda puts a whole new meaning on Pokémaster huh

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

wuffles posted:

:hai:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Jamesman posted:

Ash's mom hosed Mr.Mime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

wuffles posted: