Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

T-man posted:

Source your quotes please.

good meme from 201

this season was bad. really, really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

pepito sanchez posted:

what the gently caress happened with this season?

Here, I'll explain it to you.

quote:

super hacker is schizophrenic like no schizo ever acts.

It's actually because he's living in a simulation in the future and his mind is being hacked by his future self. It's not mental illness.

quote:

stupid blonde acts stupid in every stupid way possible. revenge motives aside, it's stupid beyond belief.

This makes more sense if you understand that she and Darlene are actually the same person.

quote:

chinese "she"-chinese was acting ridiculously.

This makes more sense if you understand that chinese and she-chinese are actually different people.

quote:

2015 was apparently the worst timeline, where obama and fbi director gently caress-me-in-the-rear end comey or comedy or whatever position that dude held were motivated by... something?

it's the poo poo that gets me the worst. there's no real motive for any character acting the way they do for any action they perform. it just sort of... happens and you have to use your imagination.

i want every protagonist and antagonist to die because they're all the most idiotic things imaginable. i was actually hoping for angela and redhead_fbi_01 to die in a building explosion. and angela is my mom's first name.

It's possible your mum is actually a time-travelling alternate reality version of Angela and you're confused because you're actually inside the show being manipulated by the Dark Army (from an alternate future).

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pepito sanchez fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jan 15, 2018

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

pepito sanchez posted:

what the gently caress happened with this season?

super hacker is schizophrenic like no schizo ever acts.

stupid blonde acts stupid in every stupid way possible. revenge motives aside, it's stupid beyond belief.

chinese "she"-chinese was acting ridiculously.

2015 was apparently the worst timeline, where obama and fbi director gently caress-me-in-the-rear end comey or comedy or whatever position that dude held were motivated by... something?

it's the poo poo that gets me the worst. there's no real motive for any character acting the way they do for any action they perform. it just sort of... happens and you have to use your imagination.

i want every protagonist and antagonist to die because they're all the most idiotic things imaginable. i was actually hoping for angela and redhead_fbi_01 to die in a building explosion. and angela is my mom's first name.

**triggered as fck yo**

jesus christ

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If by “gay” you mean “sane”? Then yes. Most of us are sane. You might need some time to acclimate.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Chadzok posted:

Here, I'll explain it to you.

It's actually because he's living in a simulation in the future and his mind is being hacked by his future self. It's not mental illness.

This makes more sense if you understand that she and Darlene are actually the same person.

This makes more sense if you understand that chinese and she-chinese are actually different people.

It's possible your mum is actually a time-travelling alternate reality version of Angela and you're confused because you're actually inside the show being manipulated by the Dark Army (from an alternate future).

legit, i'd be a lot more interested in this series if i had any clue this were the case. it's like how the movie "the matrix" was supposed to be a lot deeper, but wasn't before the creators thought most people wouldn't get it. i just don't think these writers has that kind of plan. gently caress, who knows? at this point, it's just some diarrhea spawned from steven's mind brought to life.

pepito sanchez
Apr 3, 2004
I'm not mexican

Feenix posted:

If by “gay” you mean “sane”? Then yes. Most of us are sane. You might need some time to acclimate.

memes work across time. you see, gay back then meant "kinda weird". now it's "sane". it's npt meant to be offensive. it's just supposed to be a joke. gay. get it? ok i will now leave tviv

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I've been enjoying this season of Mr. Robot

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

The last sentence of the little summary blurb for this episode was "Angela hits the rewind button." As this episode began i was like AWWW SHIIIIT TIME TRAVEL IS ABOUT TO GO DOOOOOWN" but by the time it ended i was just like "awwww poo poo."

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Awesome episode

I had mixed feelings for this season but from episode 5 onwards it really picked up

I still don't understand why Angela is so important to both Pryce and Whiterose and why/how she was a "project".

And I don't think Whiterose saying she manipulated Angela kills the possibility of time travel/alternate dimensions/ whatever, there is obviously some mysterious end plan here to the dark army, involving the só important plant

One thing I though it was kinda dumb was mr robot confessing everything to the psychiatrist, why would he do that

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Elias_Maluco posted:

One thing I though it was kinda dumb was mr robot confessing everything to the psychiatrist, why would he do that

It's because Mr Robot is actually Dom DiPierro, who wants Krista to convince Elliot to go to the FBI.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Whiterose is actually Bill Duke.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I thought Mr Robot yelling at the shrink about 'lapping up their narrative' was a bit of a 4th wall joke at the expense of the alternate universe theorists? I may have mishead some of what he was saying though as we have been dicking around with our 5.1 levels and voices can be touch and go.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone remind me, when did Mr. Robot first pull Tyrell into the scheme? It had to have been sometime after he offered Elliot the head of cybersecurity job but was there a definitive moment?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
This meltdown is actually not very nice at all.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

pepito sanchez posted:

those stupid deaths.

"WE AW... WE AW THE CHINESE... WE LIEK TE HONOR... PERSONAL SACWIFICE SO BIG."

dude that's some ancient japanese lovely stereotype. gently caress this entire show right now.

I like that your little quote is way more racist than that scene actually was, since you know, terrorists kill themselves for their cause regardless of race throughout history.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

Can someone remind me, when did Mr. Robot first pull Tyrell into the scheme? It had to have been sometime after he offered Elliot the head of cybersecurity job but was there a definitive moment?

Tyrell was just impressed by Elliot when he offered the job. Then he discovered that Elliot was behind getting Colby arrested with the dat file in Colby's server and believes it was for revenge, but he doesn't care just how disappointed he was by how banal Elliot, seemingly, turned out to be. Finally he has that meeting with Gideon where it is revealed that the E-Corp server that had been attacked still had the rootkit on and that Gideon was leaving it as a honeypot to catch Fsociety.

This is when Tyrell investigates and has his Revelation of what Elliot was trying to do. Cause this was already during his own mental breakdown after being turned down CTO, he begs Mr Robot to let him in on the conspiracy, which is denied to him. He continues to spiral down(His God speech to his wife), after being fired he gives up begging and straight up says that he will kill Elliot if he can't see the rest of the plan, after Elliot had his own Revelation about Mr Robot.

So Tyrell only really becomes part of the scheme when Elliot brings him to the arcade, on the night of the hack. Then promptly tries to kill Tyrell cause he was a nutcase. The gun jammed, the Dark Army shows up, and now they are working together.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Electronico6 posted:

Tyrell was just impressed by Elliot when he offered the job. Then he discovered that Elliot was behind getting Colby arrested with the dat file in Colby's server and believes it was for revenge, but he doesn't care just how disappointed he was by how banal Elliot, seemingly, turned out to be. Finally he has that meeting with Gideon where it is revealed that the E-Corp server that had been attacked still had the rootkit on and that Gideon was leaving it as a honeypot to catch Fsociety.

This is when Tyrell investigates and has his Revelation of what Elliot was trying to do. Cause this was already during his own mental breakdown after being turned down CTO, he begs Mr Robot to let him in on the conspiracy, which is denied to him. He continues to spiral down(His God speech to his wife), after being fired he gives up begging and straight up says that he will kill Elliot if he can't see the rest of the plan, after Elliot had his own Revelation about Mr Robot.

So Tyrell only really becomes part of the scheme when Elliot brings him to the arcade, on the night of the hack. Then promptly tries to kill Tyrell cause he was a nutcase. The gun jammed, the Dark Army shows up, and now they are working together.

Ah thank you! For some reason I thought that Mr. Robot/Tyrell SUV meeting was way earlier in S1 which is why I was confusing myself.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Nov 24, 2017

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
I still think there was something that Whiterose showed Angela that we haven't seen yet, regardless of how "real" it actually is in regards to whatever their true motive is. Angela isn't a total nutjob - or hasn't been so far at least. There has to have been something that really got her fanatical about what they were doing before the explosions and I highly doubt it was just a Polaroid of her dead Mom at a Starbucks.

Do we think Tyrell's part of the "plan" at this point is to just keep his mouth shut and point the FBI at Trenton and Mobley, and that's it? Theoretically he might get out of custody soon now that they were found dead, right? The Dark Army has obviously threatened him through Irving and the FBI dude, but now that he knows his wife is dead, I think they might have underestimated Tyrell's crazy response - whatever it may wind up being.

It's disheartening to see all the major characters we've been following - good or bad - be so thoroughly hosed over and jerked around, but this is some straight-up Empire Strikes Back poo poo and we're going to get one hell of a season cliffhanger I'd wager. They have nowhere to go but up from here.

Hoping the plot doesn't devolve into a standard "rag-tag team of disillusioned FBI agents and ex-hackers work together to stop China" despite institutional obstruction. But it's interesting to see Pryce, Mr Robot, Elliot, Darlene, Dom, Tyrell, Angela and more all sort of being pushed into a corner vs Whiterose. Pryce seems like he could do a lot of damage if he wanted to go down kamikaze style, at the very least.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Maybe it's because I enjoy watching this show in altered states but when did Whiterose confirm that she was just loving with Angela about the time travel stuff? I'm sure it was during the scene at Mar-A-Lago but I don't remember that comment being specifically stated.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

SalTheBard posted:

Maybe it's because I enjoy watching this show in altered states but when did Whiterose confirm that she was just loving with Angela about the time travel stuff? I'm sure it was during the scene at Mar-A-Lago but I don't remember that comment being specifically stated.

Whiterose just said she manipulated Angela, nothing else.

I dont think it confirms or denies it was bullshit

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe Whiterose's plant is really just a giant quantum e-coin mining facility.

Like, get the world to all switch to a currency that you are immediately the richest in.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Why would that have to be moved to the congo?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

Whiterose just said she manipulated Angela, nothing else.

I dont think it confirms or denies it was bullshit

Wasn't there a "blink and you'll miss it" flashback cut to angela being drugged during her Whiterose meeting?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Why does whiterose need the Congo? I’ve never understood the relevance of that place for the plant.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done

Harminoff posted:

Why would that have to be moved to the congo?

My guess is it has something to do with the real life fact that this area of the world is particularly rich in exotic metals and things like lithium that are used in tons of modern computers and smartphone devices. The new blood diamonds, in a sense.

savinhill posted:

Wasn't there a "blink and you'll miss it" flashback cut to angela being drugged during her Whiterose meeting?

I don't remember this, would need to see the clip.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

savinhill posted:

There was that cut to that interview scene, but I dont remember Angela being drugged

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I assumed Angela was starting to crack because now the lives of thousands depended on Whiterose "rewinding" the timeline and that guilt is just too much for her to take. Also, it is very clear that the facility is the ultimate objective for Whiterose, to the point she was willing to ruin Price because to teach him the lesson over it. The Congo is necessary for the rare earth minerals the project needs, also it probably would be better to get the project on Chinese owned soil. Also, everyone else learned one way or another this episode they are just a pawn in Whiterose's master plan.

Anyway, it seems at this point Whiterose/China already essentially controls the world, so a ploy for world domination is pointless. Otherwise, it is a mystery what the final plan is since almost all the carnage that has happened is to serve her project. That said, even if they can "burrow" into a new reality/dimension, it is unclear how that would fix anything since it could easily be as flawed as the reality they are now in/the butterfly effect would make it moot.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 24, 2017

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Blind Rasputin posted:

Why does whiterose need the Congo? I’ve never understood the relevance of that place for the plant.
That's where the rift to the island opens. Mr. Robot was a stealth sequel all along. :lost:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Blind Rasputin posted:

I've always assumed the Dark Army wants to use the Congo as some sort of haven to protect them from extradition in the outside world.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus gently caress that was good.

Sam Esmail is a goddamn rear end in a top hat for starting us off with funny Leon/Frasier talk and the Knight Rider theme and then going to... all of... that. Jesus.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm kind of annoyed that they did that thing where they let us assume that Trenton and Mobley were dead for then entire season, and then showed us they were alive just so they could die right away. That's some Walking Dead level bullshit.

Honestly I think this was one of the weaker episodes this season.

Still good, though.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I kinda took it the other way. I assumed the Dark Army had a place for them alive in their plans all season, and it wasn't until halfway through the episode that I realized their scene in the S2 finale was a flashforward and Trenton was going to die the same day she revealed her plan to Mobley.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
A lot of people kind of assumed that since Joey Bada$$ was a hitman for the Dark Army, him.paying them a visit meant they were going to die. And then we didn't see them for at least 6 episodes. So we were right, it did mean that, they just made us wait 6 eps to find out for sure.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Snak posted:

A lot of people kind of assumed that since Joey Bada$$ was a hitman for the Dark Army, him.paying them a visit meant they were going to die. And then we didn't see them for at least 6 episodes. So we were right, it did mean that, they just made us wait 6 eps to find out for sure.

Joey Bada$$ who was sent by the Dark Army to protect Elliot couldn't possibly have been sent to keep an eye on Trenton and Mobley and make sure they are safe and out of the spotlight? Could have gone either way without it being dumb theorycrafting.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Blind Rasputin posted:

I assume the goal is a wealthy, globally-influential fiefdom. The Congo's rich in key resources.

For example, cobalt is essential for solar and electric vehicle batteries. The Congo contains half the world's cobalt and some of the world's best cobalt-containing* mines. To a certain extent, switching the world over to solar and electric will bottleneck on Congolese mining. And we will be switching over to solar and electric. If Dark Army can control even just Congolese cobalt, :10bux: hoo boy :10bux:. And China's getting the whole drat Congo!

*I say, "cobalt-containing," because, "cobalt mines," aren't really a thing. Cobalt is something pulled up alongside something else. Mainly, copper and nickel. So, we're mainly talking about copper and nickel mines with good (albeit trace) amounts of cobalt mixed in.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

kill me now posted:

Joey Bada$$ who was sent by the Dark Army to protect Elliot couldn't possibly have been sent to keep an eye on Trenton and Mobley and make sure they are safe and out of the spotlight? Could have gone either way without it being dumb theorycrafting.

Yeah, I personally didn't actually assume they were dead, but I'm annoyed they weren't in the show more.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
When the Knight Rider discussion and theme song came on my wife and I were all :dance: :hfive: :munch: but by the end we were :stare: :stonk: :cry:

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I've finally caught up with this show and I like this season much better.

The entire hacking plot was finally confirmed to just be naive :jerkbag: that didn't achieve anything and only made life more miserable for regular people. The rich and powerful weren't affected by it in anyway and just used the circumstances to further their own goals. :thumbsup: Next time use your l33t hacking skill to help Bernie win the primaries, you dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
For real that Knight Rider needle drop was amazing.

When the FBI was going through the house I fully expected them to open the door to the garage and it would be empty as an alternate reality mindfuck, as in "the scenes we're seeing where the dark army guy is with them are taking place in another timeline to this one".

Pretty sure Dom is gonna end up teaming up with Elliott and taking down the whole system. Even odds on her and Darlene making out. :wink:

• Locked thread