Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
gooncati sent me this, my brain is too smooth to understand it really but -

"Evocati Pilot purposely jumped past the allowed space of the Solar system, turns out 64 Bit is far from enough to keep objects attached to each other over these distances in a fixed Grid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

gooncati sent me this, my brain is too smooth to understand it really but -

"Evocati Pilot purposely jumped past the allowed space of the Solar system, turns out 64 Bit is far from enough to keep objects attached to each other over these distances in a fixed Grid"

I'm the less 11fps with just a single space ship on screen

And the almost 100ms ping

For a game in 2017

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

happyhippy posted:

holy poo poo, just found out a friend mods Badnewsbarons chat. lol

Sever.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
welcome bowtie guy

https://clips.twitch.tv/FairBlushingYogurtYee

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

quote:

Oates_:one of the bugs is invisible players

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

So apparently something in their system still thinks I'm a concierge level backer

Just come clean and say you spent another 7,000 bucks, we'll understand.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Pantsbird posted:

I was watching WFTOsaurus the other day and, honest to God, I didn't know that the Twitch streamers can see the comments on the right side (I thought it was just for spectators to chat in, and that the streamers got their questions and comments through a different system).

So I asked in the chat 'how much do these internet beggars get paid?' Then WTFO makes a disgusted face and tells me to gently caress off, and bans me. I almost fell out of my chair, I was so surprised the man in the TV had suddenly said my name. Like imagine if you were watching Oprah and Oprah looked at you from out of the screen and spoke at you directly.

He looked sad for the rest of the stream. I hope it wasn't because what I said. :smith:

Have a catte for doing God's work:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
He's such a douche

https://clips.twitch.tv/ObliviousNeighborlyNewtM4xHeh

https://clips.twitch.tv/TastyTrustworthyStarlingThunBeast

PlaneGuy
Mar 28, 2001

g e r m a n
e n g i n e e r i n g

Yam Slacker

wait.. so was he just... bumping into the planet while thinking it was so epically far away?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I'm really starting to hope these dumb arseholes spend more at this point.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Production Schedule Update: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/schedule-report

Number of bugs and tasks remaining: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ There's a sale on. Buy a ship.

It's Afraid

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Nov 25, 2017

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Happy Anniversary Sale.

I'm buying an Aegist potato

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

"And...and keep in mind I have actually paid...PLAYED...every single..."

:five:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"I don't play them much, but I have played them all"

:laffo:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

two pages back but holy poo poo :five:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

It's Afraid

:laffo:

There's a sale going on; so let's not post the number of bugs remaining.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tokamak posted:

It's Afraid

I thought they were showing us the internal real dev team schedules since like, over a year ago? I distinctly remember them gushing about giving us all special access to the internal schedules. YOU'RE SEEING WHAT OUR DEV's ARE SEEING!!

Ah yes the continued 'we spend more money so it can come to you faster!' line

Ok so they're making a new website for some reason, because that will make the game come out faster?

And just wut again they were supposed to be on monthly patches and now they're making it seem like 1/4ly patches are the new god mode?

I can't

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
How can anyone think that texture looks even remotely good?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
It looks like they took a picture of a popcorn ceiling from a basement built in the 70's and imported it directly into the game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Blue On Blue posted:

I thought they were showing us the internal real dev team schedules since like, over a year ago? I distinctly remember them gushing about giving us all special access to the internal schedules. YOU'RE SEEING WHAT OUR DEV's ARE SEEING!!

Ah yes the continued 'we spend more money so it can come to you faster!' line

Ok so they're making a new website for some reason, because that will make the game come out faster?

And just wut again they were supposed to be on monthly patches and now they're making it seem like 1/4ly patches are the new god mode?

I can't

"Well see when we were at monthly patch goals we didn't hit any of them so we figure if we aim for quarterly ones maybe we'll hit a couple bingo bongo!" :v:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Codezombie posted:

Tail is smashed, but its a tough bike. I'm fine, I forked out for an airbag jacket and that, unlike SC, turned out to have been a wise way to spend money.

was it a full burn commando? You are OK though right?

intardnation fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 25, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

"Well see when we were at monthly patch goals we didn't hit any of them so we figure if we aim for quarterly ones maybe we'll hit a couple bingo bongo!" :v:

I enjoy how in one line they tell us that we will be getting new aggressive dates directly from Chris's mouth

And a few lines later telling us that estimates are JUST ESTIMATES so nothing we say has any weight to it

gently caress these people are worse than politicians

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
So have CIG changed to every time frame possible now then and missed them all? How is that possible?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

If it carries on like this my $3.7m estimate is going to be too high :ohdear:

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

intardnation posted:

So have CIG changed to every time frame possible now then and missed them all? How is that possible?

Stop fuding. My heart will go on.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Current :tinfoil: theory: Artists at CIG are trying to get secret messages out, warning us of the doom of eternal crunch, and the cyclical timeloop we're all stuck in waiting for Current Patch +1

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Sarsapariller posted:

Today's mission is "Load into the game and fly to some kind of moon."

Attempts 4-10)
It's been a couple hours and not once have I managed to actually get into a game server. Reasoning that perhaps the game will load faster if I transfer it to my SSD, I try that before relaunching. It certainly loads the menus faster, but there's absolutely no getting into the game. It's kind of hard to write anything funny about this, and most of what I can come up with I already did for the launch of 2.0 when their servers did the exact same thing. It's almost like the game chokes and dies if more than about 100 people show interest in it at once, and nothing has been done to improve that in over two years- funny that.

trucutru posted:

Just come clean and say you spent another 7,000 bucks, we'll understand.

With the showing they've had lately, how could I not?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

Practice.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quavers posted:

If it carries on like this my $3.7m estimate is going to be too high :ohdear:

Remember, there is a different sale every day.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

This reads like the kind of thing you'd print out at 30pt font in order to convince a skeptical judge that your game development studio is totally on the level.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's a good plan, actually. If you make your game crash any time someone tries to get into it, very few people will be able to see how lovely the actual game is!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

Lot of people buying back in today.

you didn't...

Fangrim
Aug 23, 2017

Every day I hate the world just a tiny bit more...
Watching this right now, it's so bad it's not even funny.

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc

Pre-alpha or not - this is just so fundamentally borked it's beyond description.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

Current :tinfoil: theory: Artists at CIG are trying to get secret messages out, warning us of the doom of eternal crunch, and the cyclical timeloop we're all stuck in waiting for Current Patch +1

it's actually an apt description of their development roadmap

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

It's a good plan, actually. If you make your game crash any time someone tries to get into it, very few people will be able to see how lovely the actual game is!

It's actually their grand plan to cut down on server costs- give everyone access*

*access may be restricted past the first 50 players

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/reisablog/status/934222884230369281

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/934102043404460033

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7fbr5e/my_feedback_on_first_hours_on_30/

naysayers annihilated.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
I just watched a fat person wearing cat ears stare at the keybindings for a couple of minutes, get stuck in a doorway, and run a memory defragmenter (how is that even a thing) a bunch of times before I closed Twitch again while the comments were all singing the game’s praises.

This thing is never going to die.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

He always looks so confused or startled in that still shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Fangrim posted:

Watching this right now, it's so bad it's not even funny.

https://www.twitch.tv/relay_sc

Pre-alpha or not - this is just so fundamentally borked it's beyond description.

Good to see Beet there.
Had to stop when they were amazed the party group was still there after all the crashes.