Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Chris James 2 posted:

BikerTaker/HHH was the only great Taker/HHH match

WM X7 match was a fun smoke and mirror show. Their KotR '02 match was loving god awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

Also Bret Hart.

That match where Hart assaults McMahon with a chair until the heat death of the universe was a WrestleMania match? :negative:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Jason Sextro posted:

That match where Hart assaults McMahon with a chair until the heat death of the universe was a WrestleMania match? :negative:

Yep!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

rovert posted:

Per his podcast, Steve Austin doesn’t like War Games ‘92. Worst news all week.

Wasn't he in that match?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triplexpac posted:

You can split Bikertaker into two: his face debut run which was hot garbage, and his heel run where he was entertaining at least.

His heel turn on JR was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIjVH8-DntY

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

It seems weird but also fitting that Taker arguably has the best and the worst Mania matches of all time

Undertaker wasn't in Austin/Hart I Quit, which is the best Mania match. :colbert:

Also, Limp Bizkit was involved in the greatest Mania hype video ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srhd2fZyDB4

Randaconda fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Nov 24, 2017

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bikertaker dragging off Hogan with his own motorcycle was pretty awesome.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The best thing Bikertaker ever did was eat a big handful of popcorn in between beating the poo poo out of Maven.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I stopped watching WWF when I joined the Military in November of 2000, then I picked up again around the Matt Hardy / Edge / Lita time. I feel like I missed so much (Lesnars first run, Bikertaker, Smackdown 6, Kurt Angle in his Prime, Invasion, etc) but at the same time I don't regret not watching it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The only thing I remember about Bikertaker is this match with Jeff Hardy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ANV_KiB9Q

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
"There will be five new acts announced for the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame on Wednesday."

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-won-hof-ben-askren-young-bucks-246851

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

rovert posted:

"There will be five new acts announced for the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame on Wednesday."

https://www.f4wonline.com/daily-updates/daily-update-won-hof-ben-askren-young-bucks-246851

The ballot -

I'm going to guess

Mr. Wrestling
Edge
AJ Styles
Dr. Wagner, Jr.
Hayabusa

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
put Dave Brown in the hall

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I know AJ has been wrestling forever but it does seem kinda early to be putting him into the Hall of Fame when it's likely he still has several years of absolutely top-level performances in him.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd guess JYD, AJ, Dr Wagner JR, Akiyama and Weston as the ones that got in

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

I know AJ has been wrestling forever but it does seem kinda early to be putting him into the Hall of Fame when it's likely he still has several years of absolutely top-level performances in him.

He does but it's much better to have wrestlers voted on as close to their prime as possible. Look at the arguments over Sgt. Slaughter. I don't think he should be in because his peak wasn't quite long enough, but at this point we're 35 years removed from it. It's so hard to judge him as most active wrestlers would know his WWF run more.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
"Acts" seems pretty deliberate. He could just say inductees no?

So at least one tag team or non-wrestler is included, right?

I assume Dave Browne given Lance Russell.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

"Acts" seems pretty deliberate. He could just say inductees no?

So at least one tag team or non-wrestler is included, right?

I assume Dave Browne given Lance Russell.

I was thinking Jimmy Hart when I read the verbiage but Dave Brown makes more sense.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Obviously Goldberg is getting in.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

CIMA should definitely be in but not enough people care about Dragon Gate/Toryumon.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/934351680279257088

:siren: DAVE’S FINALLY SNAPPED :siren:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
How could that possibly be even a debate?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

good because ryan satin sucks

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Satin is right about Meltzer being poor at crediting people though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Who is Ryan Satin? :shobon:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Obviously Goldberg is getting in.

If he doesn't this year he's probably never getting in. I know Dave is kind of salty about him getting in, but I think he's more likely to not dwell on it too much after his last run.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Who is Ryan Satin? :shobon:

Ex-TMZ journalist who now runs a Wrestling news site who does break big a lot of big news stories. But he's a bit of dweeb and someone would people would point to as a "whiny millennial" in terms of how he handles criticism/adversity. Him and other people involved in the website are California trust baby types. One of his podcast co-hosts is Jamie Lovine the son of Jimmy Lovine. The co-founder of Interscope Records and chairman of Interscope Geffen A&M. Also founded Beats Electronics with Dr. Dre.

Doesn't really come from an Observer or Torch reading background. So he loses out on that insight on how Wrestling and the Wrestling media works. At the same time, he is closer to younger WWE and indie talent than Meltzer is. Likewise the WWE Creative team.

rovert fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 25, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Thanks!

On a different tangent, it looks like Steve Austin has recently done a rewatch/commentary on IYH: Canadian Stampede, which if nothing else has reminded me to rewatch that amazing main event and see the crowd just going absolutely apeshit for the Hart Foundation :hellyeah:

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

GoutPatrol posted:

good because ryan satin sucks

Hell yes. We've been getting dark side Meltzer interacting with twitter morons for a while now, we are getting close to the full heel turn thanks to him getting pissed at internet scoopsmen.

You scoopsmen wouldn't be anything without Meltzer. All the crap on twitter represents these fans out here. Time for the oWo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tato posted:

Hell yes. We've been getting dark side Meltzer interacting with twitter morons for a while now, we are getting close to the full heel turn thanks to him getting pissed at internet scoopsmen.

You scoopsmen wouldn't be anything without Meltzer. All the crap on twitter represents these fans out here. Time for the oWo

Meltzer is the only wrestling reporter real sports journalists respect.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Meltzer couldve been a real sports journalist and be drat good at it but instead he decided to obsess over pro rassling, bless that man and his abs

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Satin trying to get over on Dave by involving his close personal friends Dwayne and Ric is a real bad move

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I saw Ryan Satin at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The Milky Bar oval office

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

HerraS posted:

Meltzer couldve been a real sports journalist and be drat good at it but instead he decided to obsess over pro rassling, bless that man and his abs

I want a peek into that alternate timeline just to see him call into a national sports talk radio show to explain his baseball hall of fame ballot

It would take him a solid 45 minutes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

I saw Ryan Satin at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Hahahaha what in the gently caress

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smoking Crow posted:

I want a peek into that alternate timeline just to see him call into a national sports talk radio show to explain his baseball hall of fame ballot

It would take him a solid 45 minutes

And would involve him getting sidetracked about some minor league player for fifteen minutes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cavauro posted:

I feel like this might not be true.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LMAO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

cavauro has been here forever and has no reason to lie so i will assume its true because its funnier that way