Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
this was his plan all along b/c the current main roster is a creative dumpster fire. he reached out for the ropes to delay his callup to post mania for the pop/creative reset :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah that was my guess - Drew just ticks far too many Vince boxes not to be an early call-up even in spite of how he was treated on the main roster last time. It really sucks that he would get derailed right on the cusp of making his big return.

Yeah, it was really unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing him on the main roster even though I know they'd have figured out a way to gently caress up his push.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Jerusalem posted:

I like the one dude just roaring,"YOU SUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!"
Tino calling them “boy” was a little sketch, even for a heel who’s heeling

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Even so, my hope for every nondescript PC product is that they make something of themselves and I wish the same for these, KroniK II

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The whole 'rich 1%ers' gimmick really works for Tino and Moss. It's turned from bland whitemeat dudes to annoying fucks I want to see get beat.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Gonna cover both my bases here and say that Tino could flame out unspectacularly and go the way of Bronson and ZZ, or he could luck out and realize a talent for promos, because he's got a lot of those intangibles that make Miz a natural heel

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

The whole 'rich 1%ers' gimmick really works for Tino and Moss. It's turned from bland whitemeat dudes to annoying fucks I want to see get beat.
NXT is really leaving money on the table if they don’t run with a “1% body fat in the 1% tax bracket” gimmick. I mean hell, put Ohno in a blue collar gimmick with Otis Dozevich and you’ve got a volcanic angle gift-wrapped.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 25, 2017

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Still waiting for Tino and Moss to illicit any response from me other than "Ugh, these loving dorks."

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Phenix Rising posted:

Still waiting for Tino and Moss to illicit any response from me other than "Ugh, these loving dorks."

Tino and Moss to me are somehow more bland than anything else WWE puts out. It's hard to be more bland than they are.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DarkstarIV posted:

Tino and Moss to me are somehow more bland than anything else WWE puts out. It's hard to be more bland than they are.

Drew McIntyre?

He's like a CAW I'd delete to fill with something more exciting

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I totally get Tino's character and it seems like a natural fit for him. On the other hand, Moss doesn't seem believable as the 1%-er at all. More like Tino's lap dog.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Dango Bango posted:

I totally get Tino's character and it seems like a natural fit for him. On the other hand, Moss doesn't seem believable as the 1%-er at all. More like Tino's lap dog.

They are angling it like Moss is his hanger-on (Dont touch our car, only Tino has a dry cleaned suit delivered) so its not too far off from how you describe it

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Phenix Rising posted:

It’s this and ‘dang that’s good theme music’

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

beggar posted:

They are angling it like Moss is his hanger-on (Dont touch our car, only Tino has a dry cleaned suit delivered) so its not too far off from how you describe it

This and also lol if you think Moss can afford a Maserati on a developmental salary

(I assume Tino was smart with his NFL money)

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'll probably never really buy into Tino cause it still makes me laugh that they made his name the "deceptively named store brand" version of sabby piscatelli

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

I just think of veteran funk bassist Pino Palladino

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Man, if Ember Moon was any good on the mic, she'd be the best goddamn thing. I love her build, her ring work, pretty much her everything (I mean, it drat sure doesn't hurt that the lady is gorgeous), but she just loving sucks on the mic and it makes me sad. She could be the next big thing in women's wrestling (until the main roster destroys it) but good lord please learn how to talk.

I'm still glad she's the champ and I think she's earned it with her excellent work in the ring, but drat. I just want like, one good promo out of her. Something that shows progress.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Nov 26, 2017

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
They could just have her not talk at all. Works for a helluva lot of people in NXT and WWE proper. Texan werewolf ninja is already enough for her to not need to say anything.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I keep harping on this but one thing I think a LOT of folks in the WWE system struggle with is motivation behind their characters and I think Ember is one of them; the Texas werewolf ninja is a cool character but it comes off as more "surface" characterization which doesn't really help create believable promos.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
See, that I could also be okay with. If she just didn't talk and just kicked rear end all loving day, that would be awesome. I mean, she's an incredible in-ring performer and she's got a SICK loving finisher. I absolutely love the Eclipse. It's just that every time Ember is on the mic... it deflates the character. Just be a texan werewolf vampire badass thing and don't ruin it with lovely promos.

Like, remember when she called out Asuka for taking shortcuts? I think that segment would have been a lot better if she came out and just beat the poo poo out of Asuka without saying a word, and left the ring while her music played.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 26, 2017

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
That feud was good because Asuka clowned on Ember for 99% of it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Renaissance Spam posted:

I keep harping on this but one thing I think a LOT of folks in the WWE system struggle with is motivation behind their characters and I think Ember is one of them; the Texas werewolf ninja is a cool character but it comes off as more "surface" characterization which doesn't really help create believable promos.

I still say a lot of this is Creative being unable to answer basic questions like 'why is this character doing this thing you have scripted'. I don't really blame a performer who has a hard time acting consistently to a schizophrenic script.

There's a reason the vast majority of real stars the WWE has produced since the 80's have been guys who seized control of their gimmicks and played themselves only moreso.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
a wrestler having troubles with characterization cant be solved by dropping all characterization from the wrestler. shes really good in ring but i dont think she could pull off the silent badass type really. shes never struck me as having an imposing presence in the ring or anything. what she and the performance center should be doing is trying to analyze where she is comfortable and working from there with creating a character, kinda like how bliss went from boring rear end babyspace sparkle girl to really snotty small angry thing. same with emma being able to work comfortably as ditzy pseudowrestler savant and spiked pauldrons evil emma. the whole point of being down there is to actually teach them things and either they arent focusing on character work with her or she isnt picking it up

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Renaissance Spam posted:

Especially when after the first Asuka match they had all her promos in jeans and a t-shirt. Totally buried the gimmick as anything deeper.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Liquid Communism posted:

I still say a lot of this is Creative being unable to answer basic questions like 'why is this character doing this thing you have scripted'. I don't really blame a performer who has a hard time acting consistently to a schizophrenic script.

There's a reason the vast majority of real stars the WWE has produced since the 80's have been guys who seized control of their gimmicks and played themselves only moreso.

Oh yeah I put the blame solely on creative for this; the schizophrenic nature of WWE booking basically means motivation doesn't come into play.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Wow, Lars Sullivan really should have a mute gimmick

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
what character does ember moon have other than, "the girl who can't beat asuka"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

she is very passionate about wrestling. kinda like roddy before small shawn michaels showed up.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Pretty neat https://twitter.com/BLACKTERRY/status/935212311337406465

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
GUNNER
https://twitter.com/ChadLailWWE/status/935262339280068608

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

To be fair, for a year and a half that was literally everyone in NXT

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fenrir posted:

To be fair, for a year and a half that was literally everyone in NXT

I think his point is that she has nothing that sets her apart from that.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

At the house show I went to in FL, someone screamed at him that Florida was a bad state for Chads. Had to respect that one.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

IcePhoenix posted:

I think his point is that she has nothing that sets her apart from that.

my point is that she has a look, a theme, and nothing else but wrestling talent, and it feels a waste. people saying, "omg she's an undead werewolf warrior princess from the moon" are only getting that from colored contacts and a picture of the moon in her intro. she has no character, and in all honesty, doesn't need all the supernatural themes because if they're not going with it. It comes off as waste to me that distracts from, "this is an amazing wrestler from Texas that people need to respect and look at in awe"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
miiiight be able to extend a holidays trip home to Atlanta long enough to go to the Center Stage taping on January 4. y'all keep your drat Tokyo Dome, I'm gonna hang out with my new best friend Lars Sullivan

that's only an ~800 cap venue in a wrestling configuration, and they sold out a house show there in the summer of 2016, so I'm guessing these tickets are gonna go fast. Hopefully I find a presale code or something

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ember Moon has the look of The Undertaker and the mic skills of Michael McGuillicutty in NXT that's where most people's disconnect is at

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
lets not get carried away she has the supernatural look of giant Gonzales at best

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ember is good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MotU posted:

lets not get carried away she has the supernatural look of giant Gonzales at best

Her contacts at Takeover reminded me of the supernatural look of Roman Reigns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, they either need to go all in with Ember and make her a werewolf or dial back the supernatural bits and just make her a wrestler with a cool entrance and gear. Or, only break out the contacts and super cosplay stuff the way they do with The Demon.

• Locked thread