Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't believe you would read comments in TYOOL 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

did you guys read Passan's article on why he's giving up his vote? Good stuff

https://sports.yahoo.com/giving-hall-fame-vote-joe-morgans-letter-144738128.html

Holy gently caress. Hall of Fame Arguing Season starts off with a bang this year.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Carlosologist posted:

I can't believe you would read comments in TYOOL 2017

I am a moth to the flame.

Perpetually in search for the hottest “Ban steroid users until Pete and Joe are in the Hall!” Take.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Your Taint posted:

Depends on what they offer. Isn't one of the reasons that Bosio got fired is that he hosed with JW's delivery? If they can figure that out in Spring Training I'm willing to give him another chance.

Bosio got fired because all the players hated his guts.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
That's exactly the kind of thing that I like to hear about the Tiger's new pitching coach, Christopher Louis Bosio, as we head into a season with a completely dead rotation and bullpen :smithicide:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Comptroll The Forums posted:

That's exactly the kind of thing that I like to hear about the Tiger's new pitching coach, Christopher Louis Bosio, as we head into a season with a completely dead rotation and bullpen :smithicide:

Bosio's a good pitching coach.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The SAS MLB Hall of Fame Ballot is up and running!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

Bosio's a good pitching coach.

I think putting him with a fresh team who will hopefully give him room to work will be good.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

:frogon:

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/11/22/g...flow_twitter_si

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Haha. Hamstring the franchise for a decade to see if Stanton can club 80 dingers. I mean, sure I guess go nuts.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Tom Gorman posted:

Haha. Hamstring the franchise for a decade to see if Stanton can club 80 dingers. I mean, sure I guess go nuts.

"Single greatest Marlin"? gently caress you, Miggy exists and remains awesome.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Tom Gorman posted:

Rockies should move in the fences a little more, sign/trade for every TTO guy they can find, and become a weird gimmick team that exists for the sole purpose of inflating visiting pitcher's ERAs.

Pancakes posted:

"Single greatest Marlin"? gently caress you, Miggy exists and remains awesome.

The last two points are true, but Giancarlo does have almost double Miggy's WAR as a Marlin (35.1 v. 18.2). Miggy just wasn't there very long :shrug:

Comptroll The Forums fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Nov 25, 2017

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Miggy isn't even the second greatest Marlin. And there's an argument for Hanley over Giancarlo if Giancarlo is traded.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The greatest marlin is obviously Edgar Rentaria

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Paul Zuvella posted:

The greatest marlin is obviously Edgar Rentaria

Mike Piazza

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I was going to half jokingly suggest Josh Johnson deserves mention as one of the best Marlins before Miggy, but going solely off bWAR, it's not a joke.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

People forget how good Josh Johnson was when he was healthy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the greatest marlin is juan pierre you oafs

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

ahem actually HALL OF FAMER Andre Dawson is actually the best Marlin of all time

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Tom Gorman posted:

ahem actually HALL OF FAMER Andre Dawson is actually the best Marlin of all time
I used to watch him as a kid with the Marlins and he looked so broken trying to run

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Everyone knows that the best Marlin ever is Dan Haren

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm partial to good ol' D-Train.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Poque posted:

I'm partial to good ol' D-Train.
He was so good from like 2003-2006

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
The highlight of my visit to Marlins Park was watching Ichiro at the plate so I'm going to say him.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Greatest Marlin was the truck behind AJ Burnett.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ209x5h6O0

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

The greatest Marliln was Leo Nunez. A man who didn't actually exist.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Someone else did the bananas hollandaise.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know how its possible that his verdict was "it wasn't bad" but more power to him

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
I can only assume that you have to do obscene amounts of drugs to enjoy these 70s recipes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

if he frequents that forum perhaps he is a better cook

or maybe when you're broke food just tastes better idk

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Well we used different hollandaise recipes and he used good ham instead of cold cut ham like I did and he also covered the entire surface with the ham

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That would definitely make a huge difference. Especially the ham. Cold cut ham is gross.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

His somehow looks significantly less gross than yours. I'm guessing the thick slices of fresh ham are part of that. You seemed to be using packaged deli slices, which I can't stand even without all that other stuff.

Like, I don't know if its lighting, cooking skill, the difference of a glass dish vs an old beat up metal pan, or just that he was trying to make something he enjoyed while you were undergoing a punishment... But these two pictures are two completely different reactions for me.

An enthusiastic cook could actually convince me to taste that second one.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
At the end of the day though, it's still hot bananas under salty meat and rich sauce. I don't think getting the ingredients from Whole Foods and serving on the good china would have made that great a difference.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yeah his sauce is clearly way different

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, I dont look at that second picture and go "Yummy" or anything. The basic recipe is still gross. But the second poster seemed to use better quality ingredients and maybe a bit more cooking knowledge to make it work better. They barely even look like the same dish.

And there IS something to be said for presentation and just mental/emotional mindset. Intruder's is fully and totally a "punishment" and you couldn't pay me to eat it. The other guy's is something that he could probably convince me to taste if he was really adamant that it was good. And some of that is definitely psychological, appearance, and enthusiasm.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

quote:

NEW YORK — Major league teams were given homework this weekend by Shohei Ohtani.

The agent for the star pitcher and outfielder asked for written explanations in English and Japanese on how Ohtani would fit into each organization intending to bid and what makes the team attractive, according to details obtained by The Associated Press.

The memo from Nez Balelo, co-head of CAA Baseball, was distributed to all 30 teams by the commissioner's office late Friday along with materials for the Dec. 1 vote on a new posting agreement between Major League Baseball and Nippon Professional Baseball. If the deal is approved, the 23-year-old is expected to be put up for bid later that day or the following day.

Balelo's memo asks for a team to evaluate Ohtani's talent as a pitcher and as a hitter; to explain its player development, medical training and player performance philosophies and facilities; to describe its minor league and spring training facilities; to detail resources for Ohtani's cultural assimilation into the team's city; to demonstrate a vision for how Ohtani could integrate into the team's organization; and to tell Ohtani why the team is a desirable place to play.

Each team was asked to provide its answers in both languages as soon as possible. Clubs were told not to include any financial terms of a possible contract.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

For me the worst part of it all was the cooked bananas and he seems to like them so :shrug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Let's see him make tuna jello pie look appetizing :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

For me the worst part of it all was the cooked bananas and he seems to like them so :shrug:

I think that's a big part of it and its a balance thing. He uses that thick ham and way more of it so it looks more like a 50/50 split between ham and banana. Your dish is like ALL banana with some deli slices of ham there to gum up the works.

I have a real consistency/texture issue with food and I really can't eat bananas even though I love the flavor and use it in all my smoothies. But I could see myself getting through a couple of bites of his dish mentally focusing on the ham and its consistency with the banana being more of a like mashed potato side or something.

I mean, I really still don't want to eat it. But that's as good example as any of the difference cooks, ingredient choices, and presentation can make.

For what its worth I've always been told that cooked banana is really tasty and sweet. I've just never tried it because of my consistency/texture issues.

• Locked thread