Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
Well, I thought I was going to 100% Odyssey, but this stupid last snow bound racing star thing is pissing me off. I can't get better than 2nd place, and average 3rd or 4th place. It just isn't the least bit of fun and is kind of ruining the game for me. I'll try some more over the next couple days but if I can't get it, I am shelving the game and moving on to the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FireMrshlBill posted:

Well, I thought I was going to 100% Odyssey, but this stupid last snow bound racing star thing is pissing me off. I can't get better than 2nd place, and average 3rd or 4th place. It just isn't the least bit of fun and is kind of ruining the game for me. I'll try some more over the next couple days but if I can't get it, I am shelving the game and moving on to the next.

The second course? Once you get into the hallway, ricochet off the walls instead of the sloped ramp.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The second course? Once you get into the hallway, ricochet off the walls instead of the sloped ramp.

Ya, the last one you have to do for a star in post game. I'll try that, thanks!

edit: and finally beat it. did a few less power bumps to set up better power bumps on slanted surfaces to launch me forward. But wow, the rubber banding effect is really pronounced in the race. If I am far behind the racer in 1st place, like a distance 3rd, I am close to the racers in 2nd and 4th place. If I am neck and neck with the racer in 1st place, the racers in 3rd and 4th place are right on our heels as well and one slightly off bounce will knock you back to 4th place.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 26, 2017

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Vita in America and the Xbox in Japan had trouble breaking out of the anime titty niche, and that negatively affected their sales. But the Switch is already a mainstream hit, so dominating the anime titty niche as well can only be good for it

Pretty sure it was the proprietary $100+ 64gb memory cards that sank the Vita in America. And no games until two years after release (indie only).

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Just witnessed the usefulness of cross-platform online play with Rocket League on Switch and Steam. Some friends brought their computers over for the weekend, and I showed some friends the game on Switch. We played a lot and everyone liked it, so they decided to buy it on Steam. We were able to start and play a private match online, and were able to get a 4-player match going between the Switch running split-screen, alongside the PCs. Was the best poo poo ever

Though the game is perfectly playable and awesome in handheld mode, it was a lot funner watching the replays on even the weakest PC in the room. The PC version has impressive visuals that are even more pronounced when viewed side-by-side with its Switch counterpart. Did not detract from entertainment value, however

Spellman fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Nov 26, 2017

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Mister Facetious posted:

Pretty sure it was the proprietary $100+ 64gb memory cards that sank the Vita in America. And no games until two years after release (indie only).

the card thing sucked but with proper support people would have swallowed the cost, the lack of unique and worthy exclusives is what screwed the vita imo. I say this as a pretty big fan of the vita, so many times people were like well since you love it so much I kinda want one, what can I play on it?

"uhh anime titties and ports, mostly"

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I made a thing.

crazy8
Aug 27, 2003

bawk bawk
When are they going to release a virtual console for this poo poo?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I made a thing.

I want one of those things.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
3D printer? https://www.thingiverse.com/make:409408

If not, probably about $35-40 to have it ordered from a print guy like me or others, if I were to guess.

Super fun print to do. The head is printed in place and spins freely. I printed my "body" to heavy, so the legs have difficulty supporting it. There's another leg version that uses aluminum wire (and I can in fact insert some in my legs I've already made if I want) that supports more weight. I think I made mine 18-25% infill. My second one I'll do like 5% to keep weight down.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

which one is better - neon chrome or jydge? or is there a better overhead shooter on switch?

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Nov 26, 2017

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

alf_pogs posted:

which one is better - neon chrome or jydge? or is there a better overhead shooter on switch?

Basically they are one and the same, but there's a fundamental difference in their approaches: Neon Chrome procedurally generates its levels, whilst Jydge takes the hand-crafted approach. I think the upgrade systems are slightly different also, but it all boils down to how you like your levels be made.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Basically they are one and the same, but there's a fundamental difference in their approaches: Neon Chrome procedurally generates its levels, whilst Jydge takes the hand-crafted approach. I think the upgrade systems are slightly different also, but it all boils down to how you like your levels be made.

So the difference between them is bad levels vs. good levels?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Andrast posted:

So the difference between them is bad levels vs. good levels?

I'd go with endless content vs. limited content, but to each their own.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Why is it not the 1st yet :(

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Ciaphas posted:

this system needs a katamari damacy port/sequel

I can’t believe there’s no Katamari on anything current gen, but the Switch would be the right destination if they change that.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Katamari Damacy is one case where I could see split Joy-Con motion controls actually being fun, especially if you have to dance around like a jackass to charge up your dash.

ROYAL RAINBOW!! *pirouettes and falls onto a glass coffee table*

Weedle
May 31, 2006

alf_pogs posted:

I haven’t played Jydge, but I played a ton of Neon Chrome on my phone and thought it was super fun.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Infinitum posted:

Why is it not the 1st yet :(

Not too much longer brother

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

alf_pogs posted:

I would recommend Neon Chrome first. If you enjoy / beat it, you can pick up Jydge. Both are great in their own rights, but Jydge has slightly more polish as a spin off / sequel.

scissorman
Feb 7, 2011
Ramrod XTreme
In Battle Chef Brigade, what is a good way to make multiple high-value dishes?
I'm currently at the three chef challenge and I'm having enough trouble making one 400+ dish.
The slow upgrading pot helps but it's really only fast enough to level up one dish to near max.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
How is Snake Pass? I know it's not a Switch exclusive so is it better/worse/the same as the other systems? Is the controls on a controller better than on a mouse keyboard? If yes then I'm gonna get it on the Switch, if no I'm gonna get it on PC. I know nothing of how it plays beyond very brief trailers from like E3

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Macaluso posted:

How is Snake Pass? I know it's not a Switch exclusive so is it better/worse/the same as the other systems? Is the controls on a controller better than on a mouse keyboard? If yes then I'm gonna get it on the Switch, if no I'm gonna get it on PC. I know nothing of how it plays beyond very brief trailers from like E3

I can't imagine trting to play it without an analog stick

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Snake Pass is fun and has a neat gimmick, but it is also the only game I've ever played that makes me motion sick, and I cannot figure out why.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Just noticed that Telltale Batman is 50% off on Amazon right now. Two questions:

Is it actually a good game?

Does it run okay in handheld mode? (i’d probably just be playing it lying in bed)

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

wocobob posted:

Just noticed that Telltale Batman is 50% off on Amazon right now. Two questions:

Does it run okay in handheld mode? (i’d probably just be playing it lying in bed)

i can only answer the first one:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooope. if you want good telltale games, my recommendations are the Wolf Among us, Tales from the Borderlands, the first season of the Walking Dead game, the Back to the Future game, and the entirety of Sam and Max.

if only those games were on the switch.

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
Has that joycon IR sensor been used for anything outside of eating fake sandwiches?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Reloading in REvalations

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
I chose skyrim as my indulgence purchase for the month and mehhhh

It's a pretty cool game, and I do plan to sink some hours into it but I just don't feel as compelled to pick up my switch and sink my teeth into it like I did with zelda or mario

I know it's not really a fair comparison but I went through a few dungeons the other night and while it was a decent time, it feels extremely by the numbers and the setting is Generic Fantasy as hell. It really makes me miss guns and VATS and Nuka Cola, etc.

Fallout is equally bland and "pointless" once you see through the game's structure but the aesthetics and setting are fun enough where I don't mind as much, I like going around this ruined 50's US wasteland and soaking in the vibe, but by golly I really don't care about rural European village number 4 or Big Stone Stronghold with lotsa mooks and piles of boring loot to dig up. it doesn't help that the combat system has Minecraft levels of finesse (with no VATS to help mask the flaws), although motion aiming with a bow is kinda cool, I do like using that.

I shoulda gone with RE Revelations 1 + another fun little e-shop title. But I can always go back and get more moons too, it's still a good time 50 hours in.

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 26, 2017

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's a shame that, since Oblivion, everything gonzo about The Elder Scrolls as a setting (and there's a lot) only shows up in the in-game books.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Reloading in REvalations

Is that the one that was meant to be a light gun style shooter with the Wii/Move controllers?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Snake Pass doesn't have the title on the menu picture. So now both this AND Sonic Mania is just the head of the character and doesn't have the title

:chloe:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

wocobob posted:

Even at half off, that's too much to pay for Batman: TTG on Switch. I enjoyed it overall, but it had a few issues during its release that probably weren't resolved. It was also €25 / $20 when it released on PC and is probably much cheaper now.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

wocobob posted:

As a Telltale game it's my least favorite. Well actually, make that a tie between it and Game of Thrones. I played it on the PS4 and it was a technical mess with constant freezing and graphical hitches. Don't know if any of that was fixed for the Switch, doubt it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Aladdin posted:

Has that joycon IR sensor been used for anything outside of eating fake sandwiches?

It’s been used as a pointer in a few games. Human Resource Machine is one.

edit: on second thought that was just the gyro.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Nov 26, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Mister Facetious posted:

Is that the one that was meant to be a light gun style shooter with the Wii/Move controllers?

Those were Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I haven't played a telltale game since game of thrones, good lord that was loving garbage. Is batman really as bad?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
There's no such thing as a good Telltale game. Hope this helps.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Any reviews for Xenoblades 2 yet? The few previews I've seen are highly positive with a slight mention of "a little too anime at certain points"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Cobalt Viper posted:

There's no such thing as a good Telltale game. Hope this helps.

I beg to differ. Bordertales is a great caper flick/rashomon hybrid, and is a better Borderlands game than Gearbox's actual releases.

• Locked thread