Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

I need to re-watch the 2nd season where they accidentally starved the contestants to the point where people were losing their hair.

Didn't that also result in someone passing out over a fire and having to be airlifted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
Anyone brought up the episode of Seinfeld where Elaine and Jerry argue about whether it’s ok to stare at a 15 year old’s breasts?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They’re like the sun!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

Didn't that also result in someone passing out over a fire and having to be airlifted out.

The guy who later got outed as a kiddie molester, yep.

That whole season was amazaballs.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

Anyone brought up the episode of Seinfeld where Elaine and Jerry argue about whether it’s ok to stare at a 15 year old’s breasts?

It is not okay to be a 38 year old and date a 17 year old, JERRY SEINFELD.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Mister Mind posted:

It is not okay to be a 38 year old and date a 17 year old, JERRY SEINFELD.

Pretty much everything I've learned about Jerry post-show has made him out to be kind of a poo poo. Dates teenagers, tries to rehabilitate Michael Richards' rep in the most tone deaf and idiotic way possible, endorses scientology, acts like an rear end during his reddit AMA. I mean, obviously that first thing is the worst but the other stuff's not exactly laudable, either.

God, that Letterman segment with Jerry and Michael is burned in my brain . What a loving carwreck.

El Gallinero Gros has a new favorite as of 02:24 on Nov 27, 2017

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Pretty much everything I've learned about Jerry post-show has made him out to be kind of a poo poo. Dates teenagers, tries to rehabilitate Michael Richards' rep in the most tone deaf and idiotic way possible, endorses scientology, acts like an rear end during his reddit AMA. I mean, obviously that first thing is the worst but the other stuff's not exactly laudable, either.

God, that Letterman segment with Jerry and Michael is burned in my brain . What a loving carwreck.

And don't forget Bee Movie and all the poo poo he did for NBC to promote it.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Rirse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXj78sr6Mzk

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Didn’t he have a show where he was giving people life advice?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Didn’t he have a show where he was giving people life advice?

The Marriage Ref, yeah.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

The guy who later got outed as a kiddie molester, yep.

Wow I didn't even know about that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rirse posted:

The Seinfeldvision episode of 30 Rock is good.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Also he did do this which was fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_0aeIO2Sk

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

There's a scene in Scrubs where JD is listening to his iPod (lol) and he thinks "Time to switch to something more rocking" and starts listening to Coldplay.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

grittyreboot posted:

There's a scene in Scrubs where JD is listening to his iPod (lol) and he thinks "Time to switch to something more rocking" and starts listening to Coldplay.

Okay, maybe someone can answer this. There's a Scrubs episode where JD and a patient sing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' to Elliot, but I can't find the episode. It's not a big deal or anything, except I haven't been able to find it and now I question whether it really happened and maybe I've dreaming really odd fanfic about Second Becky from Rosanne.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

grittyreboot posted:

:rock:

Rirse posted:

Bee Movie reminded me a lot of Woody Allen's movie Antz where it's an adult comedian making a movie that was heavily marketed to children but leaned pretty heavily on humour that I don't think most kids would enjoy.

Wheat Loaf has a new favorite as of 16:19 on Nov 29, 2017

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Okay, maybe someone can answer this. There's a Scrubs episode where JD and a patient sing 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' to Elliot, but I can't find the episode. It's not a big deal or anything, except I haven't been able to find it and now I question whether it really happened and maybe I've dreaming really odd fanfic about Second Becky from Rosanne.

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. I don't claim to have memorised everything that ever happened on Scrubs, but I did watch it a lot when it was on, and I don't remember that. Maybe you just have the wrong song?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

I'm pretty sure that didn't happen. I don't claim to have memorised everything that ever happened on Scrubs, but I did watch it a lot when it was on, and I don't remember that. Maybe you just have the wrong song?

It was a fat red headed patient who was doing the whole "turn around, briiiiiight eyes". At the end JD says, "haunting"

If it doesn't exist, then it should.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Krispy Wafer posted:

It was a fat red headed patient who was doing the whole "turn around, briiiiiight eyes". At the end JD says, "haunting"

I don't remember that, but it sounds like a very Scrubs thing to do.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Wheat Loaf posted:

:rock:

Bee Movie reminded me a lot of Woody Allen's movie Antz where it's an adult comedian making a movie that was heavily marketed to children but leaned pretty heavily on humour that I don't think most kids would enjoy.

There's a line where the Woody Allen pedophile antz tells the antz princess he's so mad at her he's removing her from his sexual fantasies and it's like wow ok

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's a pretty ugly looking movie as well.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Anything with Dreamworks face is ugly and dated as gently caress.

FouRPlaY
May 5, 2010

Krispy Wafer posted:

Oh, I think that was a patient of Heather Graham/Molly Clock's who would sing, "capturing the mood of the room." And I remember it as Meatloaf's I Would do Anything for Love, which some Googling tells me was in season 4 episode 1.

I'll leave actually watching the episode to confirm up to someone else.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

SEX BURRITO posted:

Was there some sort of market research done to show that this was somehow more appealing to the intended audiences of the movies? It always sort of reminded me of how American Kirby games always had an angry Kirby on them because NOA thought consumers wouldn't respond to a cute Kirby.

FouRPlaY posted:

Oh, I think that was a patient of Heather Graham/Molly Clock's who would sing, "capturing the mood of the room." And I remember it as Meatloaf's I Would do Anything for Love, which some Googling tells me was in season 4 episode 1.

I'll leave actually watching the episode to confirm up to someone else.

I thought Krispy was crazy or something, but holy poo poo it actually exists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I385snOTbTA

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Krispy Wafer posted:

They say she's the same but she isn't the same!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SpacePig posted:

I thought Krispy was crazy or something, but holy poo poo it actually exists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I385snOTbTA

It's...beautiful.

And it was a different hot blonde form my youth. Fair enough.

Also, the wrong song.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 20:50 on Nov 29, 2017

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

grittyreboot posted:

Is this really an example of not aging well, or is the joke J.D.'s view of what rocks is really lame?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

sweet geek swag posted:

J.D.'s view of what rocks is really lame?
It's this. When it comes to JD's taste in anything the answer is always this

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Coldplay was solid with their first two albums. Yellow live is still good.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I've heard enough Coldplay for ten lifetimes, but I'm pretty sure Brian Eno produced their biggest album

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SEX BURRITO posted:

Wait...I see what you did there.

Cars holds up surprisingly well I'll have you know.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

Krispy Wafer posted:

Wait...I see what you did there.

Cars holds up surprisingly well I'll have you know.

I think the ending of Cars is really good. Definitely not my favorite Pixar movie though

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It's this. When it comes to JD's taste in anything the answer is always this

It's played totally straight in the show. And it's not like Scrubs was ever particularly subtle with a joke. And the rest of the music on Scrubs was the kind of twee bilge that suggests U2 and Coldplay being the final frontiers of absolute macho rocking.

lavaca
Jun 11, 2010
Zach Braff deserves credit for being consistent. Garden State, The Last Kiss and Wish I Was Here are all the same movie with the same soundtrack. The guy really likes Coldplay, The Shins and Imogen Heap.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

sweet geek swag posted:

Is this really an example of not aging well, or is the joke J.D.'s view of what rocks is really lame?

There was a time in the mid aughts when TV was really trying to force these lighter than air piano centric rock bands. I remember VH1 even had little ads where they recommended poo poo like The Fray.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Krispy Wafer posted:

Also, the wrong song.

Fun fact: the same person wrote both songs. (The line "I would do anything for love, but I won't do that" even appears in a different song on the same album as "Total Eclipse Of The Heart".)

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
Jim Steinman will always age perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mPiizL1Jlc&list=RDEMdLgVa0jcbOthCfFumLnJzA

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I think he was credited with music for an unproduced Batman musical that eventually had some of the songs released to Youtube by other people.

That song makes me think a lot his "Ribbons of Blood"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5NbD5bXyZI

edit: NOt sure if this is a cover of something Steinman did, though. I went to another site with a list of songs that were to be in the production and I don't see it. The YT link lists words/music to someone else, but I was assuming that was covering the performance and not the composer.

Happy Landfill posted:

I think the ending of Cars is really good. Definitely not my favorite Pixar movie though

Pixar, to me at least, has films that I have found I don't really like, but they have GREAT emotional endings and climaxes. The sort of reverse of this is movies of theirs that I find consistently good throughout don't hit those highs.

JediTalentAgent has a new favorite as of 07:07 on Nov 30, 2017

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent posted:

I think he was credited with music for an unproduced Batman musical that eventually had some of the songs released to Youtube by other people.

Yeah, a few of the songs he'd written for it turned up on Bat Out of Hell III (because Meat Loaf inevitably re-records every song Steinman wrote for other artists eventually).

He worked on it in the late 90s when they were looking for a way to reboot the franchise after Batman & Robin underperformed, but I've heard at least one (unconfirmed) story that the idea had been bandied about since the 1980s and that Tim Burton's movie grew out of a planned Batman musical that fell through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yeah, a few of the songs he'd written for it turned up on Bat Out of Hell III (because Meat Loaf inevitably re-records every song Steinman wrote for other artists eventually).

He worked on it in the late 90s when they were looking for a way to reboot the franchise after Batman & Robin underperformed, but I've heard at least one (unconfirmed) story that the idea had been bandied about since the 1980s and that Tim Burton's movie grew out of a planned Batman musical that fell through.

Bat Out of Hell III also had songs written for a musical version of the movie Cry-Baby that ended up unused.
The original Bat Out of Hell grew out of a rock opera about Peter Pan called Neverland, too.

edit: holy poo poo apparently there is a Bat Out of Hell stage musical now. That's weird.