Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TV Zombie posted:

This is a dumb question but is Kevin Owens story on the Network?

Doesn't look like it, all I can find is the first look preview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

CubsWoo posted:

I want Stampede back, I still have the series in my favorites for the week or 2 it was available

The transfer on this was so loving good--it was originally shot on film and then mastered in HD. I watched like half of it in one sitting and have regretted not watching it all ever since it got removed.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

TV Zombie posted:

This is a dumb question but is Kevin Owens story on the Network?

they usually go up 6 or so months after although it will probably appear on there at somepoint the heyman one did and it ended up being the first thing i watched on the network.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Speaking of Owens

quote:

A documentary on Kevin Owens covering a year in the life will air on the WWE Network after the Survivor Series on 11/19 according to PW Insider.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

eshock posted:

The transfer on this was so loving good--it was originally shot on film and then mastered in HD. I watched like half of it in one sitting and have regretted not watching it all ever since it got removed.

The reason it got taken down was because they put it up without getting any clearance from Bret Hart or something, right?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

[quote="“Jerusalem”" post="“477139208”"]
The reason it got taken down was because they put it up without getting any clearance from Bret Hart or something, right?
[/quote]

As I understand it, WWE owns rights to everything Stampede except for anything with Bret Hart, which Bret owns.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sportsgenius86 posted:

As I understand it, WWE owns rights to everything Stampede except for anything with Bret Hart, which Bret owns.

I believe they got carnyed by Bruce Hart who never told them this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE_Network_Bot/status/930523240623104000

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I remember that Jericho/Bryan match being really loving good, plus Jericho was in the middle of a really loving good heel champ run from memory.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/931613650552573952

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Michael Rapaport? Holy poo poo, they finally found a way for WWE to get canceled forever within the next 1-2 years.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I loving hate Michael Rapaport and Kevin Owens is now a true heel in my eyes.

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I loving hate Michael Rapaport and Kevin Owens is now a true heel in my eyes.

Why do you hate Michael Rapaport?

Anyone can answer this.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Michael Rapaport? Holy poo poo, they finally found a way for WWE to get canceled forever within the next 1-2 years.

Michael Rapaport is really good

https://youtu.be/eXCkk23ut_U

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

magnum_valentino posted:

Why do you hate Michael Rapaport?

Anyone can answer this.

It's mostly his loving Michael Rapaport face, or his loving Michael Rapaport voice. Toss-up really.

Michael Rapaport gets gruesomely murdered or the poo poo beaten out of him in like every movie I've ever seen him in.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I remember that Jericho/Bryan match being really loving good, plus Jericho was in the middle of a really loving good heel champ run from memory.

The bump Bryan takes on Jericho countering his tope is fuckin' horrific

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

dont even fink about it posted:

It's mostly his loving Michael Rapaport face, or his loving Michael Rapaport voice. Toss-up really.

Michael Rapaport gets gruesomely murdered or the poo poo beaten out of him in like every movie I've ever seen him in.

Also, he thinks it’s funny to leave voicemails about how he’s going to rape and murder the families of his fantasy football opponents

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by
Well if it makes you guys feel better, (it made me enjoy the show a hell of a lot more) Rapaport only has like 4/5 lines in the whole episode. It’s not the most enlightening video, but it’s definitely interesting and more proof that Owens is one of the best today.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just signed up for the first time. So far I'm not that impressed. Issues I have after my first day of use:

-No RAW/SD for 30 days loving sucks. Why offer the PPVs when I have 0 ability to watch the stories that led to the PPV matches. Can't it be a week or something?
-Every time I cast to my Chromecast or disconnect from Chromecast to continue watching on my PC it loses my spot or goes back to the start of whatever I was watching.
-The curated collections are nice, but the lack of decent filter/search functionality is pretty awful. I feel like you could do some really cool stuff to narrow down results to find interesting stuff to watch but it doesn't appear to have any of that.
-For some reason, I thought it had old Ring of Honor stuff, but I might have been confused with ECW so that's disappointing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looten Plunder posted:

-For some reason, I thought it had old Ring of Honor stuff, but I might have been confused with ECW so that's disappointing.

I believe they sent out a survey at one point asking subscribers if they would be interested in a tiered system which would include access to indies like ROH, but I don't think they actually ever spoke with ROH about it beyond testing the waters with the viewers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Looten Plunder posted:

Just signed up for the first time. So far I'm not that impressed. Issues I have after my first day of use:

-No RAW/SD for 30 days loving sucks. Why offer the PPVs when I have 0 ability to watch the stories that led to the PPV matches. Can't it be a week or something?
-Every time I cast to my Chromecast or disconnect from Chromecast to continue watching on my PC it loses my spot or goes back to the start of whatever I was watching.
-The curated collections are nice, but the lack of decent filter/search functionality is pretty awful. I feel like you could do some really cool stuff to narrow down results to find interesting stuff to watch but it doesn't appear to have any of that.

The Raw/SD thing is explicitly so you'll watch them on USA, as a compromise so that Viacom will keep paying them for the shows.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I know that but if Hulu or whatever can come to an agreement to put shows up 24/48 hours after the airing of a show on a channel, surely The Network can too. Who's watching 3 week old RAW's on USA/DVR? I don't live in the US and can't watch SD/RAW without paying $80 a month for cable so it's just a bummer.

Side note, It's amazing how budget/unspecial mid-late 90's shows look. I can't believe WMX took place at MSG, I just watch Ramon/Michaels and the entrances looked they were filmed in a high school gym. Ditto for Canadian Stampede in '97.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hulu is partly owned by NBC Universal Viacom etc.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Looten Plunder posted:

I don't live in the US and can't watch SD/RAW without paying $80 a month for cable

Um, I'm not sure how you think people in the US are watching Raw and Smackdown...

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Huh, I didn't realise it was so restrictive. I thought it would be available on some cheap streaming thing that everyone had. Sorry, I'll stop bitching!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Looten Plunder posted:

Huh, I didn't realise it was so restrictive. I thought it would be available on some cheap streaming thing that everyone had. Sorry, I'll stop bitching!

I mean it's a fair criticism except if you don't have cable I'd be shocked if you didn't have Hulu in which case you're covered. The only difference is that the Hulu Raws are 90 minutes so you need to wait 30 days for the full shows (commercial free).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Looten Plunder posted:

technically I only pay $35 a month for cable (youtube) but it also sort of doesn't work without internet which is like $60 a month for the package I have.

I guess the point is that even if you have a less expensive way to watch it you probably have other required costs.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Part of the problem with the 90-minute versions of the shows on Hulu is that they seem to cut things out randomly. I specifically remember the Raw after Wrestlemania XXX missing every single debut that happened that night.

EDIT: Including Paige’s debut and upset win over AJ Lee for the title.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Watching Vince completely stonewall KO in that 365 documentary is heartbreaking and terrifying at the same time. Imagine having him as your boss, you'd be in fear every time you go out and perform.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Looten Plunder posted:

Watching Vince completely stonewall KO in that 365 documentary is heartbreaking and terrifying at the same time. Imagine having him as your boss, you'd be in fear every time you go out and perform.

Owens also to this day I think has no idea WHAT Vince did or didn't like about either of those matches where he hated one and loved the other.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Looten Plunder posted:

But Vince ran off TJP from appearing on 205 Live so I regard him as a force for good on balance.

Also:

quote:

As first reported last month here at PWInsider.com, WWE confirmed that Crockett Promotion's Mid-Atlantic Wrestling would be added to the WWE Network's Vault section next month with 100 hours worth of episodes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've been watching a few of the Hulu versions lately and my big issue is they seem to always cut out some low card thing and I've always been more interested in that stuff than the main event stuff. I'd rather watch a Revival match than another Kane/Braun or Shield segment on a show loaded with them.

I get it, it just makes the show less interesting to me personally.

edit: Actually I lied. I don't exactly get why they cut the shows. I assume its some contract issue.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 23, 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I've been watching a few of the Hulu versions lately and my big issue is they seem to always cut out some low card thing and I've always been more interested in that stuff than the main event stuff. I'd rather watch a Revival match than another Kane/Braun or Shield segment on a show loaded with them.

I get it, it just makes the show less interesting to me personally.

edit: Actually I lied. I don't exactly get why they cut the shows. I assume its some contract issue.

So that you'll watch on USA.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's more or less what I assumed with "contract issues." Like I assume all the decisions are based on "everything but the TV product are shifting to streaming but the TV product needs to be protected because that contract is huge on their profits." Or something like that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

But Vince ran off TJP from appearing on 205 Live so I regard him as a force for good on balance.

Did Vince overhear him dropping some :biotruths: about Steph or something?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jerusalem posted:

Owens also to this day I think has no idea WHAT Vince did or didn't like about either of those matches where he hated one and loved the other.

It’s ok, Vince doesn’t either

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
What a company

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
One of the best things to do around Christmas is to just watch some old Prime Time Wrestling. It's not Christmas without Brain and Gorilla and some cheap decorations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
There’s a whole bunch of “Top Raw Moments” they just put up...and honestly, I don’t see how anything tops the Zamboni incident from 1998. It’s the best moment in the history of Raw in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TL posted:

It’s the best moment in the history of Raw in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KybuIy0wKXk&t=26s