Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I'm here to settle the debate: this game is definitely anime. Specifically, it's... remember that time in I want to say the early to mid 2000's where there were a zillion "a boy and his best friend, the magical fighting pet/robot/spirit" anime? Even Mega Man got in on it.

Anyway, this game is like that but you can also gently caress the Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Why have I seen zero mention anywhere that Pyra has the loving Zohar on her chest?

Because the drat thing is everywhere in Xeno games

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Why have I seen zero mention anywhere that Pyra has the loving Zohar on her chest?

It's honestly completely meaningless as a design. The lifeholds in XCX were also designed to look like Zohar and had absolutely no connection to it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

XCX's music transitions were terrible and you ended up hearing the first few seconds of certain songs 90% of the time you heard them at all.

Tyberius posted:

English version of the character trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wG8pz9plUQ

The voice acting is not very good overall. Rex and Pyra in particular sound awful. Especially Pyra's "Reeeeeex" yell in that trailer.

Zeke sounds like Reyn's VA. Heropon Replacement sounds alright too.

OST should be good at least. I'll probably swap on Japanese voices and use subtitles like I did with DQH.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Usually if I'm already playing a game in English I actually favor the dub, unless there is something wrong with the experience.

This feels like one of those times.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

With the sound options, it seems possible to turn the subtitles on and the voices to zero?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^burtle posted:

With the sound options, it seems possible to turn the subtitles on and the voices to zero?

Or more specifically, can I just mute Rex and Pyra? The others sounded ok.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I thought Rex and Pyra sounded fine.

Also the music sounds awesome so far.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D7qutJXQrqoM
http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DcHOVDqCeStI

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 27, 2017

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

English dub sounds fine to me, though honestly I plan to play through it a second time in Japanese because I doubt all the battle chatter/post chatter will be subbed.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly don't even remember the Zohar's meaning in the actual game they were prominent in, so I guess that's just this director's signature symbol or something.

Weren't they basically like the Monoliths from Space Odyssey 2001?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Crawfish posted:

Nintendo of Australia's twitter account may have more or less spoiled two eventual party members with the way they have worded their latest tweets.

Entirely obvious choices on who they are, but nothing we definitively know for sure based on pre release media alone.
Is Akhos one of them? He's cool and reminds of the Canas from Fire Emblem 7 (a dude who is so nerdy about studying that he just reads so many books on dark magic that he is a powerful dark mage).

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man Rex sure gets his rear end kicked a lot

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Fritzler posted:

Is Akhos one of them? He's cool and reminds of the Canas from Fire Emblem 7 (a dude who is so nerdy about studying that he just reads so many books on dark magic that he is a powerful dark mage).
Nah, new H.B. isn't one of them.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
Quick question, is this game gonna suck?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Earnestly posted:

It's going to be good.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I don't think we know enough yet if it's going to suck or not. If you really were just a die-hard fan of the general world systems of XC1, then you'll probably like XC2 since it's trying to be like that, and less experimental than XCX. But there was more to it than just gameplay when it comes to XC1 vs XCX, and we have no idea how those other things will pan out for XC2.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I honestly don't even remember the Zohar's meaning in the actual game they were prominent in, so I guess that's just this director's signature symbol or something.

Weren't they basically like the Monoliths from Space Odyssey 2001?

The Zohar is a "phenomenon shift machine". If a person's able to interface with the Zohar, and wants/wishes for something particular to happen, the Zohar works on manipulating possible outcomes (or "phenomenon" as the game lore calls them) until the desired phenomenon becomes reality.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A939QRRSNV4

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Pyra: "You were killed by Jin"
Rex: "Me mum always said it would be gin wot did me in"

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Rex sounds like a drat Scouser or something and it loving owns.

Also, I'm still bitter that they didn't release a spinoff of the first one called The Story of Riki.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Don't look at xenoblade coverage at work today, one of the new blades is pretty much nsfw

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Ohtsam posted:

Don't look at xenoblade coverage at work today, one of the new blades is pretty much nsfw

Oh you know someone is about to post it here any minute. Ho ho ho.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ohtsam posted:

What, the kid with the polar bear? What's wrong with tha- Oh. Oh you mean the next one down :stare:.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Boobs

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Earnestly posted:

It's gonna suck... all your time up!!!

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

Ohtsam posted:

Why haven't you posted it over here yet?

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

https://mobile.twitter.com/XenobladeJP

There you go. It’s a few posts down

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
Post Blades you like.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

numerrik posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/XenobladeJP

There you go. It’s a few posts down

drat, even being a polar bear reskin of a werewolf, you still can't avoid high heels.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Caphi posted:

Post Blades you like.

Comprehensive list of good blades;

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Caphi posted:

Post Blades you like.

EveryBlade.jpg

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Zore posted:

Comprehensive list of good blades;

Ragequit posted:

EveryBlade.jpg

This feels like it's going to be a good thread.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I do not like the bird blade, friend. Its smug aura mocks me

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Have they said how many blades there will be, total?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know I shouldn't get this game on release day but HZD is about to dry up for me and the timing is too good :(

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

LeSquide posted:

dozens of unique ones and theoretically infinite variations on the generic ones iirc. Generic ones all look the same but have randomly rolled skills and elements and there are 4 models; Man, Woman, Big Man and Dog.

Zore fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 28, 2017

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

As far as titty-centric Blades go, I think the one with the giant arms is fine. It at least has a gimmick beyond "big ol titties"

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

LeSquide posted:

For Rare ones I'm guessing exactly 49, one of each element/weapon combination.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I like this one a lot, seems like a throwback to Telos's design.

Also hope these Blades will be my friends:

ALSO, if you care for Easy Allies, they have a 30 minute non-spoilery preview chat about the game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7AVyFonZgw (starts about 30 minutes in if I butcher the link)
Dude says it's one of his favorite jRPGs ever and that if you like XC1 you're almost certain to like XC2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What, the kid with the polar bear? What's wrong with tha- Oh. Oh you mean the next one down :stare:.

I bet that artist is a fan of Felicia(?) from Darkstalkers.