Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
You know, I didn't think I could be disgusted anymore by the possibilities of SC kink but cripes, I take it back... GJ on reminding me without the blatantly obvious stimpire.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

The Titanic posted:

I was going to write something witty, but then I imagined opening up a bathroom and inside is the Silent Hill grade body horror Stimpire of “a normal Star Citizen character” as it is all stretched out like a horror spider, and it’s looking at a phone or something. And that image scared me.

In Star Citizen you never really know when you’re going to get John Carpenter’d, but it’s always when you least expect it.

grimcreaper posted:

So thats how toilet guy cosplayer gets you... he spaghettis and his shirt moves up and the bulge kills you?

You guys took something wholesome like poo poo getting sprayed all over a spaceship interior and made it horrifying.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well they say that memory is the second thing to go...

Whats the first?

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Well maybe railguns of the future fire giant boots?

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Somebody needs to post the toilet guy cosplay picture again.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

lazorexplosion posted:

Well maybe railguns of the future fire giant boots?

The fact that I've yet to be able to do this is proof of a failing game industry.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

That's the second time I've seen the game crash when someone tries destroying a ship with hand weapons. The question is: is it just the server crashing like clockwork, or is there a specific bug where a ship is killed by small arms?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dusty Lens posted:

That's not how a mop works.

You people are there crunching 24/7 watch the help mop the kitchen.

Ok but WHAT IF we turned an ordinary household mop into a futuristic space swiffer!? GIMME A MILLION DOLLARS I CAN WRITE THIS poo poo ALL DAY!

Next im going to write game lore for the back acrather being a vital tool since its the only way to get rid of an itch while youre in a spacesuit.

Oh and pet loving rocks are making a comeback, bitches!!!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

D_Smart posted:

It's doxing without actually posting the dox.

Basically he wrote that I had a traffic violation. It was true (but it wasn't even me driving actually), and it was just one of those Red light traffic cam things my wife got caught in and which was dismissed for $60 to a third-party that does that poo poo for a living.

But somehow, MoMa felt that was a burn, so he posted about it. After the shock that someone (like those twerps on /r/ds who have gone from IRS jailing me, to my being homeless because the bank took my house - or some poo poo) was actively looking me up on public records in order to find something to attack me, had worn off, I threatened to retaliate in kind.

Knowing that I was Sperg enough to probably loving do it, some in the thread got their knickers in a bunch. And before you know it, the rear end-clown dregs from FYAD were over here, screaming about us "doxing people".

Then FAU shows up, bans me, yanks my mod rights and then started to cry foul when I wrote a loving blog[/url], then went crying foul to our absentee landlord, Lowtax.

Next thing I know, loving Beet was a mod. You all have MoMa to thank for that. :grin:

So yeah, that's why MoMa was the first to cross my mind when I was thinking of an example of a Shitizen scumbag. I mean, think about this. What would be the motivation for him doing poo poo like that? Then when I post people's own public social media, I get accused of doxing.

No, Smart. You said you stepped into a Federal building, but the thread needed help in clarifying which one. I assisted. Next time be more clear.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
I love how none of the bullshit Derek pulls is ever his fault.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Dogeh posted:

I love how gravity plays such an important role in this game.

It drastically affects the life of the director of spaceships :shrug:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Christ that link takes you back to April 2016.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh and pet loving rocks are making a comeback, bitches!!!

Pet rocks and beanie babies are extremely relevant to this discussion.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 28, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

grimcreaper posted:

So thats how toilet guy cosplayer gets you... he spaghettis and his shirt moves up and the bulge kills you?

Ew. Imagery I did not need! :stare:

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
You know I've never felt the need to look up the personal information of someone on the internet no matter how much I don't like them. Maybe moma and Derek shouldn't act like doxing is bad when they both obviously think it's okay if they are doing it.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Variable 5 posted:

It drastically affects the life of the director of spaceships :shrug:
Is gravity force feeding him dunkin' donuts?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

Is gravity force feeding him dunkin' donuts?

They keep, just, fallin’ into his mouth, man

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

ManofManyAliases posted:

No, Smart. You said you stepped into a Federal building, but the thread needed help in clarifying which one. I assisted. Next time be more clear.

At this point you’re two bald men fighting over a comb.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

The Titanic posted:

Women, or should I say females!? In the space game of killing and pirates!? Pshaw!

They’d just slow everything down with stupid boob armor space suits and stupid high heels and aprons.

Everybody knows all girls get a Str -1 by default. :colbert:

“But we gentles shall protect the fairer sex from ruffians,, m’lady, would that we could but find some fairer sex in the Verse!!”

It’s such a joke, even by CIG’s pathetic standards...

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

G0RF posted:

It’s such a joke, even by CIG’s pathetic standards...
Maybe it's a sign the 'verse is ultimately merciful, that we're not subjected to whatever they'd dream up.

Or maybe they keep messing up on the "nipple jets on a female model" problem.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
MoMA, I would politely ask that in the future you not dox the participants in this thread, no matter how many mean things they say about your favorite videogame. Thank you.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.twitch.tv/burkeblack

the citizens are out in force to protect the image of star citizen while a man in a pirate costume tries to make doors work

burke black is actually a cool dude despite the pirate gimmick

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

MoMA, I would politely ask that in the future you not dox the participants in this thread, no matter how many mean things they say about your favorite videogame. Thank you.

#notagame

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

he just died to suffocating from lack of oxygen because the door broke lmao

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Something something bears making GBS threads in woods.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Spiderdrake posted:

Maybe it's a sign the 'verse is ultimately merciful, that we're not subjected to whatever they'd dream up.

That is a possibility.

quote:

Or maybe they keep messing up on the "nipple jets on a female model" problem.

That would have thermonuclear meme potential. But yeah I do wonder if they keep kicking the can for fear of how their player base might create objectionable in-game footage. Some of the stuff Captain Richard’s done for LOLs with all male player characters in his party has been amusing to watch. But it would take on a far different tenor if there were a female model in the mix...

:iiam:

Whatever the reason, I’m ultimately excited because it’s clear that Chris is taking the time to get this right. And I don’t know about you cats, but when I saw the way this Star Marina was walking on ATV earlier this year, I knew her hips were in good hands.

”HipSway is in. Let the games begin.”

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

the correct term is 'commanda' gorf

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

DrBall_MD posted:

I started here with the book by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie, along with a night-school class.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language

A year later I was a software engineer for a public organisation.

Lots of stuff is still in C, including the Linux kernel.

Very good book, talks a lot about general programming. You can also get Eclipes for C and start programming with out spending anything (the book is free to download). But I am biased in that I program at the hardware level.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

Where is breast physics 1.0? I'm 100% sure Citizens love that kinda stuff.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Variable 5 posted:

I love how none of the bullshit Derek pulls is ever his fault.

Autistic Narcissist - hell of a brain drug

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Nov 28, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

G0RF posted:

I too have a disability that causes me to favor one leg while walking.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
> LOOK

YOU SEE THE DESERT STRETCHING OFF IN ALL DIRECTIONS. YOUR SPACESHIP STILL RESTS ON ITS NOSE AT A WILD ANGLE. A GUN LIES NEARBY.

> GET GUN

YOU PICK UP THE RAILGUN. IT IS FULLY CHARGED.

> SHOOT GUN AT GROUND

A GIANT FOOTPRINT APPEARS.

> GO EAST

YOU ARE THROWN FIFTY METRES INTO THE AIR, FALL TO THE GROUND AND DIE.

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.
* All these things are documented as actual Star Citizen adventure events.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

Autistic Narcissist - hell of a brain drug

That’s it you’re on the list :grin: :smug: :five: :vince: :negative: :perfect: :drat:

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Variable 5 posted:

That’s it you’re on the list :grin: :smug: :five: :vince: :negative: :perfect: :drat:

:laffo:

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 28, 2017

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDL0dECRO8&t=205s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Writes/status/935428442551738368

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AzuReverie/status/935400508331872257

https://twitter.com/GuzzoTrooper/status/935389047370821632

https://twitter.com/Agent4709/status/935388393709735936

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

3 hours? Why?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

3 hours? Why?

I dunno, I'm 4 minutes and 50 seconds in, no spoilers please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

no_recall posted:

3 hours? Why?

If it were any other MP game, the podcast could have been completed in less than 15 min.