Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hell yeah! It’s the only one to arrive so far but it seems fitting. I’ve been 2 sweeting everyone in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Thanks I ordered the Kenny Omega and LIJ shirt (when you posted this originally). It's crazy how much Bullet Club / Young Bucks Merch I see compared to just under a year ago.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Super No Vacancy posted:

theyre on there

I can't watch them.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

are there even 20000 people in japan that give a gently caress about Chris Jericho?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

are there even 20000 people in japan that give a gently caress about Chris Jericho?

The ones in the arena seemed pretty stoked once he explicitly told them who he was cause at first the reaction was like "Oh poo poo!.... some guy!"

To be fair I barely would've recognized it as Chris Jericho from how it was shot out of context until he started talking

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

A lot of people do but the early rush on tickets was for Naito/Okada.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Jack Anderson posted:

I can't watch them.

keep your eyes peeled for lifetime vpn deals i've gotten two for less than $60 combined

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Super No Vacancy posted:

keep your eyes peeled for lifetime vpn deals i've gotten two for less than $60 combined

You know what the annoying part is? The site said on the show pages that US streaming would be available on the 25th. :mad:

edit: nm they're up now. :)

Glass Punkbull 141 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Nov 27, 2017

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

coconono posted:

You know there are Japanese people who watch WWE, right

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Benne posted:

You know there are Japanese people who watch WWE, right

The entire arena was chanting "Y2J" when his video played

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I mean as much poo poo as we give WWE. They are a global company. Not to mention that Jericho is a huge legend in wrestling. Why would they not know jericho in Japan.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'll still maintain that the original Omega/Ibushi plan would've sold more domestic arena tickets, but they're finally getting very serious about marketing to the west and this should sell World subscriptions. How many and what percentage will stay past January is what's going to be interesting to see.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The_Rob posted:

I mean as much poo poo as we give WWE. They are a global company. Not to mention that Jericho is a huge legend in wrestling. Why would they not know jericho in Japan.

yeah it's not like triple h is going over there to have the worst match of Kenny omegas career

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

chris jericho vs kenta drew 6000 in sumo hall this year
new japan sold it out at 9000+ for a down show with EVIL main eventing
smackdown drew 5000 with nakamura on top in osaka

that said, chris jericho means more outside the wwe than he does in

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

okada vs jericho drew 12,000 on short notice while evil vs jinder drew the "cool S"

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Jericho wrestled Neville in Tokyo for that one Network special and it was probably the best match of his 2015-17 run. Clearly only his best matches happen in Japan these days, so who are we to doubt the Ayatollah of Rock'N'Rolla :colbert:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Thauros posted:

I'll still maintain that the original Omega/Ibushi plan would've sold more domestic arena tickets, but they're finally getting very serious about marketing to the west and this should sell World subscriptions. How many and what percentage will stay past January is what's going to be interesting to see.

I get that they need to pull the trigger on Kenny/Ibushi before Kota gets bored and exclusively signs with Kaiju Big Battel and/or he horribly maims himself doing something stupid for DDT, but you don't turn down Chris Jericho for your biggest show of the year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

I get that they need to pull the trigger on Kenny/Ibushi before Kota gets bored and exclusively signs with Kaiju Big Battel and/or he horribly maims himself doing something stupid for DDT, but you don't turn down Chris Jericho for your biggest show of the year.

Yeah, there's zero chance Ibushi has meant more for ticket sales than Jericho. This kind of weird outsider poo poo is money in Japan.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

Don't get me wrong it's the right move. Omega/Jericho is definitely the way to go to reach the western semi-hardcores and continue to grow their popularity over here. Just not convinced it's that big of a deal for the native market, but that's fine. The main event is incredibly over, tickets are moving great, and it's good to add an outsider name on occasion on a show like this to spice things up.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Nov 28, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Promo of the year.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

C. Everett Koop posted:

Agree, and do people really want a short build for Omega/Ibushi? They did the thing at G1 and then nothing.

You want the most interesting G1 in 2018 and Dome in 2019, you belt Omega at Dominion and then do Okada vs Ibushi in the G1 finals. Then flip a coin who should win.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sure Jericho is a draw, but is he more of a draw than say Super Liger? I say no

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

sigmachiev posted:

Agree, and do people really want a short build for Omega/Ibushi? They did the thing at G1 and then nothing.

You want the most interesting G1 in 2018 and Dome in 2019, you belt Omega at Dominion and then do Okada vs Ibushi in the G1 finals. Then flip a coin who should win.

I don't want to get into fully fantasy booking, but my dream is that Okada wins the G1 but pins Naito on the way, and then beats Naito for the belt at KOPW, meaning who's going to challenge for the strap at Wrassle Kingdome?

And out comes Daniel Bryanson...

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Man, I'm insanely excited to see Jericho vs. Omega and I'm going to mark the gently caress out SO HARD in a month in a half when it happens. I feel like any wrestling fan should be looking forward to this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Dome show will be approximately 20 years since Jericho's WCW heel turn that really elevated his career in the US to the next level.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm not that big of a jericho fan, sadly. He's obnoxious on his podcast, his band stinks and all his cool moves were done by joshis in the 90s.

That being said, I really look forward to him going 45+ against the Six Snowflake Omega.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

C. Everett Koop posted:

I don't want to get into fully fantasy booking, but my dream is that Okada wins the G1 but pins Naito on the way, and then beats Naito for the belt at KOPW, meaning who's going to challenge for the strap at Wrassle Kingdome?

And out comes Daniel Bryanson...

There's precedent that they'd give him an immediate shot (Styles) and maybe they should. But I think there's more potential for his first match for them to be some grand show in America. Or maybe that's what Cody and the Bucks have up their sleeve for their 2018 show. Who knows other than next year is going to be super interesting even if I don't know if it's possible to top 2017 in terms of match quality.

coconono posted:

I'm not that big of a jericho fan, sadly. He's obnoxious on his podcast, his band stinks and all his cool moves were done by joshis in the 90s.

That being said, I really look forward to him going 45+ against the Six Snowflake Omega.

The main event will deliver the epic in-ring goods, and this can deliver the spectacle and curiosity factor. It's such a cool addition. That said please do not go 45 minutes (this should be 25 tops).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am going to lose my tiny little mind watching Jericho come out to face Omega at WrestleKingdom :hellyeah:

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
im getting really excited for wk

thanks for reading

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ribtstu posted:

im getting really excited for wk

thanks for reading

hot take, but same

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Is Kota going to be doing anything more interesting at the dome than a prelim as TMW?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Is Kota going to be doing anything more interesting at the dome than a prelim as TMW?

he's wrestling Cody.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Baron Corbyn posted:

he's wrestling Cody.
So the answer is no

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sigmachiev posted:

I don't think we're waiting that long for kota/kenny

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

oatgan posted:

I don't think we're waiting that long for kota/kenny

yeah, they're obviously doing Cody/Kota as an easy segue into Kota/Kenny because they got the opportunity to do Kenny/Jericho. Cody's challenge even referenced Kenny asking him to stay away from Kota.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like Cody and think that’ll be really good :shobon:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Cody is extremely entertaining and knows his limitations and how to overcome them, it'll be fine

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

It's not what I want from either guy but kota ibushi doesn't have bad matches, so w/e 3.75 stars

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Kota Ibushi is the coolest wrestler in the world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I have no idea when I’ll be able to go pee during this show

• Locked thread