Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Ok this sucks.

The funding spreadsheet ended coverage in August?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Is there another one?

e: somebody pay my caxxe. thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Oh, man. When the constellation comes in at around 2 minutes you can really see there is no frikkin' flight model at all.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

no_recall posted:

Ok this sucks.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Is there another one?

I'll volunteer my cat for catte tax

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

no_recall posted:

Ok this sucks.

Is there another one?

Still up to date for me?

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer
I am stuck with the idea that SC is just a pretty showcase mod done by a few indie enthusiasts without any hope of it ever getting anywhere near the shape and scope all those idiots have in their minds.

In this particular case joy comes after anger for me: please everyone keep pouring money over Chris and his merry band for years to come! He deserves it, you deserve it, we deserve it!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Still up to date for me?

OK got it, a prompt popped up asking me to sync to the latest version. Its OK now. Thanks.

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

skaboomizzy posted:

Dope cat

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol I couldn't be hosed to watch their dumb Grand Tour ripoff video for the new jpeg until just now. Jesus Christ it's smoothbrains all the way down.

Why would you need to do a daily visual inspection on the entire outside of your futuristic space warship?
Why would you need to do it floating like 60 feet above the things you're gonna be looking at?
Why would you only send one loving guy to do the whole thing?
WHY WOULDN'T HE BE TETHERED IN SOME KIND OF WAY?

Is this not how you do proper PMCS of your space shippy?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

skaboomizzy posted:

Orange Cat :five:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

skaboomizzy posted:

Cute cat, I'll take it! :v:

Just had a thought on Discord this morning. That giant footprint that appears when you shoot the railgun at the ground; the decal itself might be an error, but what I found odd was just how big it was. Then it struck me: Wasn't there a theory that in order to make planets on SC, everything on Cryengine was scaled-down from a normal map size? If so, maybe the footprint isn't big, they just forgot to downscale it?

Any thoughts?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDL0dECRO8&t=2184s

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

So many chunks of gameplay, completely different than the gently caress around gameplay we had in 2.5 or 2.6! Now you have persistence! Not log in persistence, just ship lost because of insert stupid reason like logging out, landing on a pad didn't "return" it, etc etc.

But the gameplay is incredible now at 15fps! People are blown away after the step up from 10fps!

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Latin Pheonix posted:

Just had a thought on Discord this morning. That giant footprint that appears when you shoot the railgun at the ground; the decal itself might be an error, but what I found odd was just how big it was. Then it struck me: Wasn't there a theory that in order to make planets on SC, everything on Cryengine was scaled-down from a normal map size? If so, maybe the footprint isn't big, they just forgot to downscale it?

Any thoughts?

Yeah I wanna say they did the same thing MWO did where everyone is 'actually' the size of a chipmunk as far as the engine is concerned?

Zest
May 7, 2007

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

:3:

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Star Citizen is like a $1.99 on Steam asset flip game that, somehow, the makers also made the assets for.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
the wilmslow guys are working there asses off round the clock. Weekends and evenings. They are trying to get a sq42 smoke and mirrors up and running . Unfortunately Wig commander has flown in to assume personal command of this en-devour. So in other words its all hosed currently

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

EightAce posted:

the wilmslow guys are working there asses off round the clock. Weekends and evenings. They are trying to get a sq42 smoke and mirrors up and running . Unfortunately Wig commander has flown in to assume personal command of this en-devour. So in other words its all hosed currently

:captainpop:

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
there will be a Pusher thing though. Ive seen it.......................

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Latin Pheonix posted:

Any thoughts?

I think Chris just told an intern to make a "big kick-rear end gun".

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

Does the scene contain person in black, & is they're any tickling included in the scene/s ?

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

Quavers posted:

:lol: yep

From the patcher:

This is what terminal technical debt looks like.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Anniversary Sales to date : 2.941M

Current Participants still in the running : 55/81.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

EightAce posted:

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

That was loving excellent :five: :five: :five:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Sofiegrl2/status/935350411007062016

:gary:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

procedural cat tech looking good

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

EightAce posted:

:jackbud:

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

That shill page is way behind. I've already moved past Star Citizen, because I dreamed up this VR open world fantasy game that literally makes you think you are in the game via neural connectors. You literally just wear a headband with a chip in it that takes over your brain remotely. This new technology eliminates the need for stupid real world troubles like controllers, enough space to move around and hardware issues. Your BRAIN is the computer!

As you can already tell, this is all very groundbreaking.

Funding the game will, aside from the feeling of satisfaction that you helped create the Best drat Everyone Will Just Bang Medieval Prostitutes Non Stop Simulation EVER, grant you access to exclusive backer content. Magical weapons, armor and mounts. Houses, mansions and castles. Want to be the king of your own realm? Sure, what the gently caress. I mean, theoretically everyone could just buy that package, but we'll figure out the logistics later because there's literally nothing we can't do if you just believe and send your money.

For our most dedicated backers, we also offer lifetime insurance against the plague, because that poo poo will just kill you. Really. In real life. Fidelity, bitch.

EDIT: Has anyone here ever opened a bank account on the Cayman Islands? I've googled around but I can't figure out how to go about it. Is there a phone number or something? Asking for a friend or family member

EDIT2: Oh right, if you have any questions about the actual technology, just know that there's a deal with Amazon in the pipeline and that I will not adress any concerns as soon as possible

Mangoose fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 28, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

EightAce posted:

Yeeeesss!!!

I'm eagerly awaiting the holiday livestream now! :dance:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/934194953772822528

You know you're in the presence of a piece of outstanding Star Citizen marketing, when you find yourself taking a screengrab of it, just in case it disappears.

Really far behind after my feverish weekend, but are they saying the criminals are using the JPEG in their tweet to threaten those who we love? Does that mean I should "Take back the community" by reporting the tweet as breaking the Twitter TOS?

Beet Wagon posted:

Current :tinfoil: theory: Artists at CIG are trying to get secret messages out, warning us of the doom of eternal crunch, and the cyclical timeloop we're all stuck in waiting for Current Patch +1

Isn't doujin kind of similar to fan fiction and such? Given that Chris seems intent on mostly developing Star Wars fan fiction, this checks out.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

It was also doing all of the weird flickering and ghost-image poo poo that it used to do in 2015 before I remembered that Star Citizen doesn't support SLI, and turned it off. So that hasn't been fixed in the last two years either.

Star Citizen doesn't even support proper gameplay yet, so I think expecting SLI to work might be a stretch

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

As a flight sim fan, I think the thing that stands out to me most about SC fans is how they think -noclip is some kind of amazing simulation.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Has there ever been an article about common red flags one should look for in crowdfunding to avoid scams?

Because there really should be one, there's years of crowdfunding project experience to draw from, and SC is such a rich source of material for it.

If there's no such thing, it's perhaps because it would paint such a clear picture of Star Citizen, that it would be liable to a lawsuit or something, and it would also have the common problem the "press" has when criticizing an game that is technically in-development (and in "pre-alpha" no less). Although, that right there should be on the top of the red flags list.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

quote:

You can make missions but with the crashes hard to finish. Also they dont show you where you have to go for the mission goals.
Trading is no profit only same price you buy as you sell :D

GG Elite, you tried. It's now clear that the MVP is King.

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

AbstractNapper posted:

Has there ever been an article about common red flags one should look for in crowdfunding to avoid scams?

Because there really should be one, there's years of crowdfunding project experience to draw from, and SC is such a rich source of material for it.

If there's no such thing, it's perhaps because it would paint such a clear picture of Star Citizen, that it would be liable to a lawsuit or something, and it would also have the common problem the "press" has when criticizing an game that is technically in-development (and in "pre-alpha" no less). Although, that right there should be on the top of the red flags list.

Not exactly what you're asking for, but I read this a while back (when I was still a backer) and it was one of a few things that really started me on my slope of giving up on CIG and the SC Community.

The last bullet point was one that really stood out to me, because you see that thrown out in the SC subreddit religiously. If someone starts up a thread that doesn't immediately get killed in it's crib, it eventually gets loaded with "you should take a healthy break and come back later".

FailureToReport fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Nov 28, 2017

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WIIiZWyRt8

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDL0dECRO8&t=4950s

It's amazing how CIG gives them a little detail on something and suddenly there's all these dreams about what they can do with their multi thousand dollar pretend fleet, it builds and builds until "it's a bit like firefly".

AP fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 28, 2017

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Awesome! posted:

the dog is melting :ohdear:

What dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYDL0dECRO8&t=4950s

It's amazing how CIG gives them a little detail on something and suddenly there's all these dreams about what they can do with their multi thousand dollar pretend fleet, it builds and builds until "it's a bit like firefly".

This is a big part of how people get caught up in it honestly, I've seen so many people come across my channel with this grand fully worked out scenarios they 100% expect to be in game based off a tiny snippet that Chris or someone else at CIG says about a mechanic they would like to one day make.

I kept trying to think of a term to use for these players because Carebear isn't really what I want to call them, but there are thousands and thousands of backers who imagine they are going to call up their entire purchased "fleet" and roll out into the universe and have these super loving complex gameplay experiences that are more in depth than anything even remotely feasible.