Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

Why is the Waverider in the Stone Age?

Zari and Amaya adventures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

howe_sam posted:

I think it's just the tracking hardware that is there.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Just a quick reminder! Superspeed! I don't have it!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Kara whistling as they waited for Oliver was a nice touch.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Just a quick reminder! Superspeed! I don't have it!

Sweet wheelie though

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Something something "Ray Palmer" something something.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Haha it's actually Earth-1 Thawne.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Really, Eobard? Working with Nazis? Just how big of a dick are you? :mad:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I like that it's two mirror images and "Hi, me again"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yesss Ollie going full batman

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Nazi Kara is a hard rear end.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
"He's an idiot :rolleyes:"

I'm so glad that got thrown back at Thawne finally, by Wells himself no less :allears:

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
The idea that on his way to the past Thawne made like a million time remnants just in case makes me happy.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Mick is the best

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Alex is going full John Wick on the Nazis.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

howe_sam posted:

as one should :colbert:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

It's funny how all these shows have people agonizing over whether it's okay to kill but no one has any qualms about murdering Nazis

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

oh boy, Captain Lance as a Nazi captain

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
This was probably the most fun I've ever had watching TV and I get two more hours of it tomorrow. Everything was perfect I don't even care.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I wish they hadn't opened it with a Playstation 1-era video game cutscene, but other than that yeah, I agree 100%. It's 25 minutes later and I'm still pumped.

Also I put this in the Supergirl thread but it deserves to be seen by all:
https://twitter.com/caitylotz/status/935324427536830464

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tommy :neckbeard: then :smith:

This episode had 100000% too much relationship crap.

The best thing about this episode is that it confirms that Thawne is still out there and he didn't die to the time rejects.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I didn't mind all the relationship stuff because it made the episodes feel more like they were taking place in the flow of the shows, as opposed to a complete sidestep of the runnings plots of the current seasons.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I agree. Good luck Netflix binge watchers though.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Carlosologist posted:

He's the die hard Imperial Officer in Battlefront 2. I spend the whole game looking at the character going "he's so familiar!" then at the end I realized who it was.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know Oliver is cool and all and the writers are trying to show how ruthless/hardcore his Nazi version is, but I think it was enough for him to take down Rory and Caitlin. Having him go the extra mile and own Team Arrow seemed a little overkill.

That said this whole event is awesome so far. I had a smile on my face from the very first big establishing shot of Central City with the Waverider touching down while Supergirl's breach opened while the Arrow-bike rode into town.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
This event has been really cool so far. The Arrow bit kind of dragged, but it's Arrow the show is :smith: incarnate at times. But once they got to the big fights, everything was fantastic.

Apparently #CrisisOnEarthX made it to #2 in the worldwide trending topics on Twitter tonight, so it looks like this one's going to be an even bigger hit than Invasion! was last year.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TwoPair posted:

I know Oliver is cool and all and the writers are trying to show how ruthless/hardcore his Nazi version is, but I think it was enough for him to take down Rory and Caitlin. Having him go the extra mile and own Team Arrow seemed a little overkill.

That said this whole event is awesome so far. I had a smile on my face from the very first big establishing shot of Central City with the Waverider touching down while Supergirl's breach opened while the Arrow-bike rode into town.

Having Nazi Ollie take down the Team Arrow was probably just a way to put them in the location without having to film them for the scenes beforehand. I imagine it'll be the same case with the Legends team if/when they show up.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

So I stopped watching Arrow a couple of seasons ago during peak "Felicity and pals" drama after Laura died. But this episode of the crossover looked like Laura was back.

Did Black Siren join Team Arrow? Wasn't she in No-Lunch Supermax?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Evil Laurel escaped No Lunch Supermax and is working with Whatshisname from Lost and Person of Interest.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

8one6 posted:

So I stopped watching Arrow a couple of seasons ago during peak "Felicity and pals" drama after Laura died. But this episode of the crossover looked like Laura was back.

Did Black Siren join Team Arrow? Wasn't she in No-Lunch Supermax?

There is a new Black Canary, but she has no relation to Laurel.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That reminded me, I saw Katie Cassidy in the credits, but she wasn't in the episode. I figured there was a nazi version of her, but then we'd get all nazisplotation Laurel.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

there's still a solid two hours of crossover, Laurel might show up!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Carlosologist posted:

there's still a solid two hours of crossover, Laurel might show up!

True! Maybe Obergruppenfurhur Lance has both daughters alive!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

That reminded me, I saw Katie Cassidy in the credits, but she wasn't in the episode. I figured there was a nazi version of her, but then we'd get all nazisplotation Laurel.

Pretty sure that was just because she’s part of the regular cast now?

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah part 1 had "Starring ..." and then the Supergirl main cast, and then "Special Guest Star Grant Gustin, Stephen Amell, etc." Part 2 had the Arrow main cast, followed by "Special Guest Star Melissa Benoist, Grant Gustin, etc."

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Yeah part 1 had "Starring ..." and then the Supergirl main cast, and then "Special Guest Star Grant Gustin, Stephen Amell, etc." Part 2 had the Arrow main cast, followed by "Special Guest Star Melissa Benoist, Grant Gustin, etc."

Yeah. The Supergirl part listed Katie McGrath and Odette Annabelle in the opening credits and they didn’t show up in the episode either. Though who knows if they’re slipping in any cameos in parts 2 or 3 like Nazi Quinten Lance.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Eobard you are just the best. Thought it was Wells-X but nope he's not only the same Thawne but he's using Wells' face just to gently caress with Barry some more.

Wish Letscher could make it to the party though. He had a massive level of smugness that was every bit as enjoyable as Cavanagh's mustache twirling :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Carlosologist posted:

Die Drüppenbodies

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Eobard you are just the best. Thought it was Wells-X but nope he's not only the same Thawne but he's using Wells' face just to gently caress with Barry some more.

Wish Letscher could make it to the party though. He had a massive level of smugness that was every bit as enjoyable as Cavanagh's mustache twirling :allears:

That's kind of my enduring dream, that they find a way to get Tom Cavanagh and Matt Letscher on screen together again for a scene or two before Flash finally comes to an end. Either as Harry and Eobard or just two different Thawnes. Either way, it HAS to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

That's kind of my enduring dream, that they find a way to get Tom Cavanagh and Matt Letscher on screen together again for a scene or two before Flash finally comes to an end. Either as Harry and Eobard or just two different Thawnes. Either way, it HAS to happen.

I mean it did happen once when Eobard stole Earth-1 Harrison Wells's face, but I wouldn't call that scene very fun.