Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

ChrisBTY posted:

1) Take the stupid glitter stormtrooper helmet off of him.
2) Have him turn against Sting at Wargames. Or after Wargames if you still want Sting's team to win.
3) Have his whole gimmick revolve around Shockmaster going insane and destroying people whom he thinks are laughing at him (which is everybody).
4) Gradually phase that part of the gimmick out and just have him be a monster.

I think you could actually hang onto the "don't laugh at him" part of the gimmick, but play it up more as this undertone, maybe bring in that Joe Pesci "how am I funny" psychosis so that it becomes folks speak about him with fear and terror because if they say anything that could be inferred as dismissive or mocking it would lead to a savage beat down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Competently book The Shockmaster as a monster heel. Assume that the... incident from his debut still happened, and using Super Shockmaster is cheating.

Shockmaster gets the ever loving poo poo beaten out of him at Wargames, but eeks out a victory as he bearhugs Booker T. Next show, Booker challenges Shockmaster to a match and just like Wargames Shockmaster gets the absolute piss beaten out of him but then hits a surprise Squeeze Slam and completely KOs Booker. Shockmaster drags the unconscious Booker to the back as the commentary booth wonders nervously what he's going to do to Booker. Next week, Shockmaster comes out for his match with Booker in tow but Booker's now wearing the glittery stormtrooper helmet as well. And week after week, Shockmaster gets more wins and more wrestlers following him wearing stormtrooper helmets and as his legion grows so does Shockmaster's dominance in matches.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Let's go to TNA for a moment

Rebook Aces and Eights.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Normally I hate fantasy booking but this thread has been fun.

Book KotR 1995 so it is a decent PPV. Two conditions: Razor Ramon is injured and Savio Vega is the only wrestler that can be his replacement. Also Diesel cannot lose the WWE Championship at the show or turn heel.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Renaissance Spam posted:

Jake "the Snake" Roberts.

Wrestlecrap's site used to do fantasy rebooking things called Rewriting the Book and Jake as the Higher Power was one of the earlier ones. I don't recall the writer doing anything interesting with the concept, but it at least came off as a less than ridiculous.

Rewriting the Book tended to have some decent ideas from time to time, but were hurt from 1) being way too descriptive (going show-by-show, typing out entire promos and describing entire matches) and 2) occasionally rebooking real life stuff, which is extra cringeworthy. Well, except the time they did "What If Bret Vacated the Title Instead of Having Montreal Happen" which was a week-by-week look at WWF going the route of being TNA-level fuckups until going bankrupt. That was kind of funny.

The rebookings I remember enjoying the most were:

- Instead of the Gobbledygooker, the Red Rooster pops out of the giant egg at Survivor Series 1990. He dances in the ring with Mean Gene before brutalizing him and doing your usual "I'm a great talent who was given a dumb gimmick" gimmick. Then Owen Hart opposes him with "Hey, I was given a silly feathered gimmick too, but you don't see me being an rear end in a top hat about it" and it leads to them having a bunch of awesome matches.

- Warrior turns on Hogan at the end of Survivor Series 1990. Warrior and LOD go heel and run roughshod over the company, leading to a Hogan/Warrior cage match at WrestleMania 7.

- The Fingerpoke of Doom doesn't happen. Instead, there's an anti-nWo faction led by Nash, Goldberg and Bam Bam where instead of, "Who is going to be the first guy to beat Goldberg?" the company's narrative is built around when Goldberg and Nash can have a clean, no bullshit face vs. face match and find out who's truly the best.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Book a Hogan heel turn leading up to Mania 5. Savage is face.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

bartok posted:

Normally I hate fantasy booking but this thread has been fun.

Book KotR 1995 so it is a decent PPV. Two conditions: Razor Ramon is injured and Savio Vega is the only wrestler that can be his replacement. Also Diesel cannot lose the WWE Championship at the show or turn heel.

The real tourney was as follows:

Mabel vs Undertaker
Shawn Michaels vs Kama

The Kid vs the Roadie
Savio Vega vs Yokozuna

Then you also had Bret vs Lawler on the card and a main event of Sid/Tatanka vs Bigelow/Diesel.

First thing I’m going to do is switch Bigelow out of the main event and putting Shawn in his place. This should improve the main event quite a bit and makes more sense from a booking perspective.

The tourney itself is going to be revamped quite a bit. Here’s my first round brackets

Owen vs The Kid
Jarrett vs Bigelow

Mabel vs Savio
Undertaker vs Kama

I’d put Bigelow over Jarrett and Owen over the Kid.

Mabel would beat Savio. I’d do a short double count out match with Kama and Taker, this giving Mabel a bye to the final.

Bigelow would go over Owen, then overcome the odds to beat Mabel in the finals.

This way you completely rebuild Bigelow from his Wrestlemania loss, and set him up as a threat for the world title.

The PPV isn’t perfect, but you should have some decent Owen Hart matches, and a motivated Bigelow could probably have a decent big man match with Mabel.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

OldTennisCourt posted:

Basically you do what they did except make it obvious that Savage's paranoia about Hogan stealing Elizabeth isn't unfounded.
Of course you have to soften Savage in this time frame and make his relationship with Elizabeth more closely resemble the post WM VII dynamic.
Then you have Hogan actually steal Elizabeth from Savage around say, Survivor Series.
Then have Hogan cut a promo saying he never cared about the Megapowers, Savage or the fans and the only things Hogan cares about are Hogan, The World Title and destroying Savage for 'stealing' his world title at WM IV.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Honestly, everything except taking the helmet off him works great.

He needs the helmet or he's not the Shockmaster, he's just Fred Ottman.

e: alternately, have him lose the helmet in a lucha de apuestas match.

Clarification:
Give him a better mask/helmet. Next time he shows up, different mask. Nobody speaks of the helmet. Speaking practically, it fell off when he tripped, how was he supposed to wrestle in it? It was a C&D away from going away anyway.

Ok, my turn.

I've always been fascinated at the notion of a pro wrestling character with dissociative identity disorder. With this imperative, reimagine Black Reign.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 27, 2017

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

OldTennisCourt posted:

Savage and Liz in WWE always had a layer of fear that Savage would beat her rear end if something went wrong. You’d have to fundamentally change the act from its debut, without that undertone.

If you did that, the Mega Powers exploding angle didn’t have to be changed that much. Play up Hogan as the interloper in the relationship, and that he was trying to break up the happy couple for personal gain. Savage’s side of the story has some legit arguments - Hogan was a glory hog. It just needs to be framed that Hulk was the jerk, and Savage was the victim.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
With the invasion happening exactly as it did, book 2002 NWO in way that's not poo poo

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Gavok posted:

Wrestlecrap's site used to do fantasy rebooking things called Rewriting the Book and Jake as the Higher Power was one of the earlier ones. I don't recall the writer doing anything interesting with the concept, but it at least came off as a less than ridiculous.

Rewriting the Book tended to have some decent ideas from time to time, but were hurt from 1) being way too descriptive (going show-by-show, typing out entire promos and describing entire matches) and 2) occasionally rebooking real life stuff, which is extra cringeworthy. Well, except the time they did "What If Bret Vacated the Title Instead of Having Montreal Happen" which was a week-by-week look at WWF going the route of being TNA-level fuckups until going bankrupt. That was kind of funny.

The rebookings I remember enjoying the most were:

- Instead of the Gobbledygooker, the Red Rooster pops out of the giant egg at Survivor Series 1990. He dances in the ring with Mean Gene before brutalizing him and doing your usual "I'm a great talent who was given a dumb gimmick" gimmick. Then Owen Hart opposes him with "Hey, I was given a silly feathered gimmick too, but you don't see me being an rear end in a top hat about it" and it leads to them having a bunch of awesome matches.

- Warrior turns on Hogan at the end of Survivor Series 1990. Warrior and LOD go heel and run roughshod over the company, leading to a Hogan/Warrior cage match at WrestleMania 7.

- The Fingerpoke of Doom doesn't happen. Instead, there's an anti-nWo faction led by Nash, Goldberg and Bam Bam where instead of, "Who is going to be the first guy to beat Goldberg?" the company's narrative is built around when Goldberg and Nash can have a clean, no bullshit face vs. face match and find out who's truly the best.

I genuinely enjoyed the "What if D-X Got into the Norfolk Scope" Rewriting the Book; yeah because it was "rewriting history" it was a little hokey but I'm a fan of alternate history and it was cool exploring the whole "what if" of the wrestling landscape changing on that level.

*edit so no doublepost

ChrisBTY posted:

I've always been fascinated at the notion of a pro wrestling character with dissociative identity disorder. With this imperative, reimagine Black Reign.

I'm just gonna reference a guy who was a trainer in my wrestling school, Will White, whose gimmick was basically this; when the match got too hard or he got triggered, out would come Bill Black, the psychopathic Heel to Will's babyface good guy (I think Will was an EMT or a cop, I can't remember, anyways he was an awesome guy) who would basically destroy anyone in the ring. Will had tearaway white trunks that he'd rip off when Bill was let out, revealing mirrored black trunks. The psychology of it was that Will was a genuinely good person who wanted to win clean and be a hero and he saw Bill as a crutch and was always trying to take over. Sheer Jekyll/Hyde ripoff, I know, but it was really cool at shows when the fans would chant to Will to "Let him out!" and Will would be conflicted and usually lose because he would be distracted.

You basically run it similarly; Black Reign is Dustin's dark side, a malevolent force that comes out when Dustin is at his most vulnerable. You set up Black Reign the same with Dustin's promo, but you don't actually have him show up next week. You slow burn it, with perhaps "technical difficulties" attached to Dustin's entrance video, he makes surprise comebacks where he becomes far more vicious and aggressive, veering into heel territory instead of "babyface fire".

You keep playing up the "what's with this edge you've been showing Dustin?" And he keeps trying to change the subject, begging people not to bring it up, it's his problem and he's going to deal with it. The thing is, when these changes start happening he starts winning and suddenly he's got a chance at the TNA title (I think they'd split from the NWA at this point, I know it was around this time that happened) on Impact. Kurt crushes him but something starts happening and Black Reign takes over, brutally assaulting Kurt. He's just about to get the win when Dustin regains control, and Kurt is able to get the win and retain.

Now people are scared of Dustin because, seriously, what the hell man?! So he starts getting ostracized, people avoid him and won't even tag with him because at some point he might snap and forget who's on his side. Without support, Black Reign takes over completely.

You ditch the whole Arctic Fox poo poo, no bin bag outfit, yeah keep the makeup, it's always been Dustin's thing and I think he's a better worker under the makeup than when he's been (hahah) natural. But you almost go Joker Sting with it; it's a mockery of Dustin, a hastily slathered on mess that is symbolic rather than iconic, and while you keep some of the hardcore aspects of Black Reign you focus on the fact that he's a sadistic monster who is Dustin's Shadow. You make the story of Black Reign one big Jungian psychodrama as Dustin has to achieve Individuation by overcoming but accepting his dark side and using that to become an effective competitor.

Renaissance Spam fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 28, 2017

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Good job. Your trainer sounds fascinating. I'm glad he got the gimmick going well enough to get the crowd to play along.

OldTennisCourt posted:

With the invasion happening exactly as it did, book 2002 NWO in way that's not poo poo

On paper I'm not sure anything went wrong with the 2002 NWO run.
Vince goes crazy, decides to use the NWO to destroy WWE.
NWO comes in, wrecks havoc. Wrestlemania is set up around 3 singles matches pairing WWE's 3 biggest stars against the NWO.
(Oh wait, maybe Nash should have actually WRESTLED at WM 18)

The problems were all external. Hogan being seen as the ultimate nostalgia act and getting cheered above the Rock. Hall's personal problems rendering him unusable and Nash just not being up to carrying the load. The only thing I could even imagine changing things would be to bring in more NWO members since trying to destroy an entire company with only 3 people is unrealistic, and you need lower card lackeys for this kind of thing anyway.

Let's see what our options are.
1) Scott Steiner. Maybe, but I don't know how healthy he was in 2002. Also he might have been waiting out his contract.
2) Konnan. No chance, too much bad blood.
3) Scott Norton. No chance, he wasn't going to budge from his AJPW base.
4) Buff Bagwell. Unless they suddenly decided to stop making an example of him this clearly wasn't going to happen.
5) Stevie Ray. Retired, I think. Otherwise could have worked well as a lackey, but you'd have to bring in 3 other guys just so he wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb.
6) Vincent. Good lackey material, sure.
7) Henning. He wasn't dead at this point was he? So possibly a good idea.
8) Horace. If you need a lackey...I guess.
9) Micheal Wallstreet. Too old and nobody remembers him as an nWo guy anyway.
10) Bryan Adams. Could have worked, but Taker wrecked it.

Ok, let's think outside the box for a bit.
11) The Big Show. This would work and would totally be in character for him.
12) X-Pac. having him rejoin Hall and Nash would make perfect sense and is way better than the X-Factor was. Hell, you can bring Justin Credible and Albert with you. Better than throwing money at Horace.
13) HHH. If the nWo thing was to have anything resembling legs it needed a younger main-event level heel. HHH makes the most sense since all his buddies are already in the nWo at this point. Having HHH use nWo interference to win the title at WM XVIII would tie things together nicely. It segues perfectly into the Summerslam feud with Shawn Micheals and still lets Vince have his son-in-law on top of the company. You can even turn Hogan face this way. Jericho and Steph can even turn face in an attempt to stop Vince's insane attempt to destroy the company.

Of course this kinda turns the nWo into DX and has WWE run two consecutive invasion angles in two consecutive years. But that was the intent from the beginning.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Nov 28, 2017

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Or something you're not seeing but could be a really cool idea: Hogan Vs. Rock happens as normal at X8.

Then on the RAW after Mania Hogan leaves the NWO as he normally did, he shakes hands with the Rock, both turn and get ready to fight Nash and Hall when Rock rock Bottoms Hogan and takes his places as the new leader of the NWO.

Then you have him essentially do a WWE version of the angle, with guys like Show, X-Pac etc joining.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The funny thing about Scott Hall is he was actually carrying the wrestling almost entirely when the NWO 2002 thing happened if you actually go back and watch it. He's not in any way bad, and he runs circles around Hogan and Nash while keeping up with Austin and Rock no problem. Without diminishing what was going on with him at the time, it does kind of seem like WWE was looking for a pretext to dump him. According to Austin he was actually on medication to try and keep his alcoholism under control during their feud, which caused a lot of physical side effects that he soldiered through when Austin was dumping beer on his skin. I dunno, its hard to really say this many years what the right thing for Scott was at that time, especially when its WWE making the decisions, them being a sterling paragon of making decisions in the best interests of their performers.

Either way though, if we go through with this assumption that Hulk's turn and Scott's departure were both inevitable, it would be hard to salvage the NWO with just X-Pac and Nash. I will say that the NEWEST MEMBER OF THE NWO moment where HBK comes out in the White and Black is pretty great, there's a reason it stuck with people where as most of HBK's other short-lived returns during his darkest days did not, and considering that he was just a few months away from his in-ring return at Summerslam, I think he, Pac and Nash could have made something worthwhile out of things after Hall left without just making it a DX clone. Including Booker while he was doing that storyline of becoming a tag team with Goldust and Big Show at a real low-point of his career were both big mistakes.

Its honestly hard to imagine re-booking those first couple years after the Invasion, 2002 and 2003 because the whole drat card is in so much flux between the Brand Split, the endless train of experiments in the Top Guy slot, Austin going home, Rock going to Hollywood permanently, Brock being made a megastar and going to play football, WCW dudes coming and going in the blink of an eye and a million other reasons. I really wish somebody would do an OSW/AE Podcast/NewGen Project review of that era going from Mania 18 to Cena/Batista's double crowning at Mania 21 (or alternatively, the death of single-brand PPVs and the accompanying soft-death of the brand split at December to Dismember 2006), because its a fascinating period of history.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Okay this one is asking for some in depth knowledge but I'm watching Smoky Mountain Wrestling (It's so good, holy crap if you have the time give it a watch) and I've realized how good Barry Horowitz was and also how I genuinely think he could have made it if someone in power gave him a chance. So for those with the knowledge or the willingness to do the research, how would you have made the Bad Boy a main event? For some kind of structure let's say ECW, WCW or WWF, as SMW folded in 95 and never really had the mainstream penetration of the other 3.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hogan gets Miss Elizabeth pregnant. Nine months later instead of a baby, she gives birth to a full sized Red Rooster.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Ghidzilla posted:

Book New Jack from debut to WWE champion.

Alternately - book New Jack from the time he enters the WWE until the time he takes the Undertaker's streak at Wrestlemania

This should be fun.

Can I instead book New Jack becoming Chikara world champion?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Book Kane being unmasked for the first time.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
After a long career as a masked wrestler, in 2013, Bray Wyatt fights Kane in a hair vs mask match at Wrestlemania. Kane is forcibly unmasked on the grandest stage of them all by the new face of fear and his family... Kane is presented to be Glenn Jacbos, normal rear end man that he is. Wyatt decries that this monster is merely a man. Kane retires and becomes HHH's Patterson or Brisco. Wyatt's momentum is given fire, literally, Wyatt gains Kane's otherworldly fire powers from this moment on. The next year he breaks the Undertaker's streak and retires him. You've now put two legends out to pasture. You have a new guy, who is good at his gimmick, and is being booked like a legend. This is the poo poo you've got to do if you want people over.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

In the TEW game our plan was to have Punk constantly get the better of Vince and HHH so they get desperate and bring back Brock, who was probably going to beat him at WM.

Is that still going on somewhere?

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

OldTennisCourt posted:

Book Kane being unmasked for the first time.

Assuming we can ditch the Katie Vick storyline, Kane feuds with HHH for the title and loses a Belt v. Mask match on PPV, rather than a throw away Raw. Kane unmasks and reveals his unscarred face/hair (no bad paint/half-head of short curly hair this time). Much like how it proceeded IRL, Kane is convinced he is burned and scarred, he lashes out at people like JR, etc. You could even have him shave his head in a fit of rage or whatever to get to bald Kane. Kane goes absolutely wild, taking anyone and everyone out during unrelated segments throughout the show, eventually getting suspended or something, all while HHH ducks him. Eventually, Kane comes back and beats HHH for the title, or not, doesn't matter. Kane status as a big monster is redeemed, and we're all spared the silliness of Katie Vick and his dumb first reveal look.

Kane can remask later, but looks more like Vader, rather than continue to wear a wig or whatever he keeps doing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Is that still going on somewhere?

No, people got burnt out and nobody was writing the shows after they were booked/run. I think our last show in game was HiaC or maybe the week of TV that followed. Not sure what the last post was.

e: here is the thread. It feels like it died a lot farther back than August!

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 28, 2017

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

God Of Paradise posted:

Can I instead book New Jack becoming Chikara world champion?

Please do. I want an alternate reality where New Jack is told that "Natural Born Killer" isn't family friendly, so he thrashes opponents to "Mah Na Mah Na."

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Book the Rikishi running over Austin angle in a manner that gets Rikishi over as a top heel and a title reign.

For more constraints: keep everything the same up to the ‘I did it for the Rock’ promo.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

facebook jihad posted:

Book the Rikishi running over Austin angle in a manner that gets Rikishi over as a top heel and a title reign.

For more constraints: keep everything the same up to the ‘I did it for the Rock’ promo.

He goes on a promo saying that his entire plan when he got to WWF was to be number one. He respects Rock, but why the hell should he have to face TWO huge stars on his way to the top? He'd take one out, then play the funny dancing fat man in the background, slowly gaining fans and attention and then he'd move up the card and face off with Rock, the way he wants it. He wanted to keep this whole thing secret and win the title as a hero but now it's out in the open so he can say what he's always wanted to say

Austin was just a redneck idiot who pathetic morons who wanted to pretend to beat up their boss rooted for. He goes on to call Austin's fans worthless losers who tremble in fear of their own bosses while cheering on their hero. Their too pathetic to do anything on their own so they put Austin on a pedestal.

Rikishi then utterly destroys Foley, not to the level of Rock at the Rumble but close to it, he obliterates him with stomps, chair shots and finally a top rope slam.

Rikishi is now the most hated man on the roster and he revels in it. He mocks the Rock, calling him a failed blue chipper who has to act like a movie star to get anyone to give a poo poo about him, he interferes in every single match Rock has until finally they go for the title.

Rikishi wins it in a screwy manner but beats the gently caress out of Rock after the match.

We lead to Austin returning which is it's own story.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Here's one

Let's say that, rather than having his life ruined by concussions and strokes, Bret simply told WCW to get hosed and went home. Not hard to believe, Bret's a prideful man with an ego the size of Alberta. But let's also say that eventually, for the same reasons he came back to WWE in real life, (preserving his legacy), he returns. Book one last run, with the idea he can still go. You can do it with HBK being a oval office, being decent to Bret like he was, whatever.

Bonus, smaller concept: Remmeber when HBK's partner was "God" against Vince and Shane? Do thata ngle, but with the mystery partner being Bret.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Here's one

Let's say that, rather than having his life ruined by concussions and strokes, Bret simply told WCW to get hosed and went home. Not hard to believe, Bret's a prideful man with an ego the size of Alberta. But let's also say that eventually, for the same reasons he came back to WWE in real life, (preserving his legacy), he returns. Book one last run, with the idea he can still go. You can do it with HBK being a oval office, being decent to Bret like he was, whatever.

Bonus, smaller concept: Remmeber when HBK's partner was "God" against Vince and Shane? Do thata ngle, but with the mystery partner being Bret.

When are we having him come back? Are we talking post Invasion?

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009

Gavok posted:

Please do. I want an alternate reality where New Jack is told that "Natural Born Killer" isn't family friendly, so he thrashes opponents to "Mah Na Mah Na."

I'm stoked to see this.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Book the fall of The Brood, instead of them getting stuck in that Ministry bullshit and just kinda fizzling. Ministry stuff is fine, if you'd like, though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

OldTennisCourt posted:

When are we having him come back? Are we talking post Invasion?

Around when he returned for real.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I'm not sure there's much to do here.
Just have Shawn cut a promo at WM before his match, say his partner isn't "THE God" but he's at least "A God...in Canada!"
Music plays, Bret comes out, crowds loses its loving mind. Shawn does all the work because Bret is retired for a good reason, and then hot tag to Bret at the end, Vince taps to the sharpshooter and we all remember it fondly, except for the parts we pick apart because that's what we do.

Here's one

Again, you can just do it the same way it unfolded IRL, except Bret can actually do the heavy lifting in his match against Vince (not that it would be much of a match given that Vince was in his late 60's at this point). Then, just have Bret do one last run at the title. Vince tries to stop him, Bret gets to play Steve Austin for a few months, wins the title. Holds it for like a month and rides off into the sunset.

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 29, 2017

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Writer Cath posted:

Book the fall of The Brood, instead of them getting stuck in that Ministry bullshit and just kinda fizzling. Ministry stuff is fine, if you'd like, though.

Still E&C as breakouts?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Here's one - Book the MMA vs New Japan feud of the 00's in a way that doesn't destroy New Japan's business

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Here's one - Book the MMA vs New Japan feud of the 00's in a way that doesn't destroy New Japan's business

Make the matches a work.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Book the Vince McMahon death storyline.

Pretend the entire Benoit tragedy did not happen and you were able to do the storyline starting from after the limo explosion.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Golden Bee posted:

Still E&C as breakouts?

I just don't see it for Gangrel. I'm sorry.

Absolutely E&C

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

Pretend the entire Benoit tragedy did not happen and you were able to do the storyline starting from after the limo explosion.

Hobo Army or bust.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012

Ghidzilla posted:

I'm stoked to see this.

I really enjoyed writing a fake wrestling show on here a few years ago, but I would only book New Jack to job, do his one spot, and cut promos.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

OldTennisCourt posted:

Turns out Vince McMahon actually died in the limo.
No storyline. No payoff. Just no more Vince on TV ever.
IRL Vince never goes out into public to sell it for the rest of his life.

Of course then we wouldn't have the XFL 30 for 30.
And I like the XFL 30 for 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Vince dying would be really weird because there’s no other example where someone kayfabe died and still had to make public appearances as a board member of the company.

It would be weird to find out who even did it because you have an angle some guy is a murderer but still wrestles for the company, which makes all future GM actions arbitrary. (Suspend me for beating up a referee? You have a murderer work here!)

The only way you could have the limo explode is to go full lucha underground with it.
In ring funeral, but overly theatrical to separate it from the Benoit or warrior tributes. A scuffle, someone knocks over the urn… but it’s empty.

All the mystical superstars, including the Undertaker, report strange appearances. People hear “You’re fired” when they’re alone.
You could even have Mordekai claim to have sacred relics, McMahon’s tongue which he keeps in a velvet lined box.
This causes outrage among the backstage area and he gets jumped anonymously, losing the box.

Have a angle where the Undertaker starts getting booked in really easy matches, maybe even title shots he hasn’t earned at the Midcard titles...And Stephanie gets suspicious. (I would do Shane but he’s in China during this era.)
She and face HHH call him out, saying that he has a bad history with McMahons and limos.

Of course, Undertaker comes out and explains that Vince’s Soul was too evil, too rotten to rot with his body. So he took his silver tongue and got what he wanted. But to take over the company, he would have to do more...
Undead Vince comes out, and explains Taker did him a favor, blowing up his limo, showing that not only did he defeat God, he rose from the dead.

Now that he has control over life and death, the WWE will be a much crueler place.
Stephanie asks him why he didn’t have the dignity to die.

Vince offers an unwilling Hunter a spot at his side. Better to live with the devil...otherwise, they’ve got no chance in hell!

Golden Bee fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 30, 2017

• Locked thread