Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
it's all in the "inverse reverse trading in the grey market for dummies" book that got passed around a lot here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
and today is the day I finally get to buy land in star citizen

hurray

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Toops posted:

loving preposterous. Absolutely loving preposterous. Gold plating the internal atmospheric simulation but no gameplay features in sight. :lol: see you in the 'universe, citizens!

I'm glad somebody else got as upset at this shot as I did.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Toops posted:

loving preposterous. Absolutely loving preposterous. Gold plating the internal atmospheric simulation but no gameplay features in sight. :lol: see you in the 'universe, citizens!

All of Star Citizen's bugs are caused by elevated levels of FUD in the game's atmosphere simulation. If THOSE loving GOONS would just stop making GBS threads on Star Citizen it would run bug-free at 120 fps.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

TheAgent posted:

hurray

Yes. I'm really looking forward to that becoming official. Not even two weeks ago defenders were saying "no CIG, will not be selling virtual land".

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

big nipples big life posted:

I AM NOT A NUMBER! I AM A FREE MAN!

I on the other hand am a man of the land, denoted by the lack of gold frill on the flag that I do not own.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Codezombie posted:

I began to lose faith in SC the first time I loaded the hanger module (back when that was all there was) and it was a janky mess for a walk around a ship based on Cry Engine. That set off alarm bells.

I lost it entirely when I first went into Arena Commander, where the UI was an unusable mess, and Arena Commander itself was just awful.

I really have not had the heart to load it up much since then, I think I tried about a year ago, but the installer crashed, so I went and played something playable instead.

That was basically my experience. I watched SC for over a year from when I heard about it because even the initial pitch sounded like bullshit pipe dreams to me. I didn't know who Chris Roberts was, and only cared enough to do basic diligence which almost immediately revealed an incompetent nerd hack who lies for a living. I finally bought in when a starter package was $25 just to experience it. Loaded into the hanger, and instantaneously knew that the project was completely hosed. I've never experienced anything like it. It was this visceral combination of confusion and depression, that I can only assume was some part of my brain close to the stem sending alarm signals through the entire cortex saying "Everything about this is WRONG, get OUT of here." I loaded up Arena Commander and was treated to the lazy freakshow circus CIG calls a flight model, and after about 10 minutes of trying to shoot enemy ships in perpetual fly-by mode, I said welp, this entire design hopelessly hosed. Absolutely nothing in the game looks, feels, or controls right. It never has, and it never will. It's hands-down the worst piece of gaming software I've ever had the misfortune of "playing," and anyone who thinks Star Citizen will magically become "good" someday is too stupid to live.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
after that I have no idea where they can go for easy cash grabs besides loot boxes

they're basically fire sale-ing everything. wouldn't surprise me if they started selling the Vanduul K'chan Zink light freighter/bomber/fighter

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Toops posted:

That was basically my experience. I watched SC for over a year from when I heard about it because even the initial pitch sounded like bullshit pipe dreams to me. I didn't know who Chris Roberts was, and only cared enough to do basic diligence which almost immediately revealed an incompetent nerd hack who lies for a living. I finally bought in when a starter package was $25 just to experience it. Loaded into the hanger, and instantaneously knew that the project was completely hosed. I've never experienced anything like it. It was this visceral combination of confusion and depression, that I can only assume was some part of my brain close to the stem sending alarm signals through the entire cortex saying "Everything about this is WRONG, get OUT of here." I loaded up Arena Commander and was treated to the lazy freakshow circus CIG calls a flight model, and after about 10 minutes of trying to shoot enemy ships in perpetual fly-by mode, I said welp, this entire design hopelessly hosed. Absolutely nothing in the game looks, feels, or controls right. It never has, and it never will. It's hands-down the worst piece of gaming software I've ever had the misfortune of "playing," and anyone who thinks Star Citizen will magically become "good" someday is too stupid to live.
I did the same thing, but my first real experience was playing star marine and I was all "well this is completely hosed in every way, from movement to shoot feel and I don't think there's much to be done about it except scraping it entirely and starting completely over"

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

TheAgent posted:

after that I have no idea where they can go for easy cash grabs besides loot boxes

they're basically fire sale-ing everything. wouldn't surprise me if they started selling the Vanduul K'chan Zink light freighter/bomber/fighter

$50 a loot box, "play now! you might even get a Javelin!" (but mostly you'll just get an Aurora)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

hurray

Can we live next door together? I'll do some BBQ and if you waltz over with some space beer we can hang out.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
$50? dude try $100, with a small .000042 chance for a ship but mostly weapon skins

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Colostomy Bag posted:

Can we live next door together? I'll do some BBQ and if you waltz over with some space beer we can hang out.
I'm sorry but I can't have anyone living within 2500km of my space house because then I only get 8 frames a sec instead of 14

you understand, surely

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

I bet that fandred guy thinks mr robot is a documentary

Code chat: Would heroin help my coding? In general, I know you haven't seen any of my stuff.

Sarsapariller posted:

Boy, I'm glad that it turned out that it was goons behind it all.

Look more closely at the grassy knoll. Yes, cheeto stains...

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Hav posted:

Code chat: Would heroin help my coding? In general, I know you haven't seen any of my stuff.

As I've not seen your code, all I can say is, depending on how bad it is, it might help...?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

I'm sorry but I can't have anyone living within 2500km of my space house because then I only get 8 frames a sec instead of 14

you understand, surely

Oh, so you are a uppity space dude.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

If anyone wants to get in on a land purchase I'm taking collections for an org castle. PM me for a PO box that you can mail cash to.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When does the land sale start?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Codezombie posted:

As I've not seen your code, all I can say is, depending on how bad it is, it might help...?

Should I start with booze and work up to the horse, or just go straight into the smack?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

big nipples big life posted:

When does the land sale start?

12PM PST probably, 2h15m

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I wonder if it's going to be just apartments at port olisar or something lame like that for $500 a pop

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Argon tracking is vital!

Nipple jets: Too much argon.
Flexy bones: Too much argon in the skeleton.
Jittery ships: Too much argon in the bodywork.
Doors: Not enough argon.
Toxic community: Not enough argon.

Moons: Argon.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Oh god I hope so. Instead of giving everyone a room in their hangar like they promised years ago selling apartments on a space station because they've failed to meaningfully link the weird separate modules of their game would be so amazing.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
:laffo:

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

How many real world pylons can you buy for the price of this?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Is it time. Is it happening.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Duckaerobics posted:

You know I've never felt the need to look up the personal information of someone on the internet no matter how much I don't like them. Maybe moma and Derek shouldn't act like doxing is bad when they both obviously think it's okay if they are doing it.

Perhaps they have more in common than both would like to admit.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
SENSOTEK, FOR THOSE WITH NONE

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

XK posted:

I'm glad somebody else got as upset at this shot as I did.

I just can't loving believe it. The mass, pressure, and ratio of ARGON. Cross-sectional area. How about you guys mock up mining, throw out of few asteroids, and try building a game? How about you guys, oh I don't know, add some code so that two people can shoot at each other in a space ship? Let's see what should our devs work on next? How about ANY aspect of persistence? Jesus loving christ, it's so transparent how stupid Chris Roberts, and his whole leadership team is. There is a 0% chance that they finish this "game." It's already way, way past the point of "irreducible number of errors" because it's needlessly complex in areas that do NOTHING, and completely void in areas that constitute "game" and "play."

How can anyone be involved in this? How can the leaders be this incompetent and lie so effortlessly in order to make money? How can these streamer shills perpetuate CIG's fraudulent marketing? How can any CIG developer or artist face their conscience? But most of all, how can these backers...

I mean that's too loving much. I'm full up. Peak Citizen. loving mass, loving pressure, and loving ratio of loving ARGON, PER ROOM. Oh my god, that is literally the dumbest premature gold-plated feature ejaculation I've ever seen. It's like.. I don't even know what it's like, I can't even make a joke.

RescueFreak
Sep 8, 2013

I bought No Mans Sky and Conan Exiles during the steam sale.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Well, gollyee. I'm Prospector Crobber here to tell you about this opportunity to buy the worlds primer space mine. Their spacegold in them there Procedural generated height mapped hills, and Ol' Crobber can get you in on the ground floor. So how many claims of old space mountain can I put you down for.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

No. It's bullshit. Don't listen to him.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7g5s7k/land_claim_beacon_on_pioneer_page/

:allears:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/935569030928306176

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This is it, CIG are going full shrouds

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

At long last, Derek Smart was wrong

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

How are they two different things you loving moron. X acres of sectioned off space land cost 100$. Or instead, they sell you a beacon that is good to claim X acres of space land for 100$ (and it probably only works in certain areas)

What's the loving difference?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

What am I looking at here I don't understand.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If Agent Mothman turns it is truly the end times. An ELE if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
There's no way they're actually selling land plots. There's just no way. I'm already peak citizen I can't handle this level of scam.