Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
my buddy and i have started getting in the habit of watching just absolute dogshit wrestling on the network and giggling at the sheer ineptitude of it all. i need suggestions. what do i watch, and why. tell me what to watch, and i will post my suffering here, for you all to enjoy

the only requirement is it HAS to be on the network

things we've seen:
the bash at the beach/great american bash/uhhhhh whatever the third one was trilogy with the terrible sting/vampiro/kiss demon matches ending in the graveyard match
the nitro with no wrestling in the first hour (this was the worst thing we've watched so far)
the nitro with the last war games, in the triple cage
the war games at fall brawl where warrior came back and davey boy hosed up his back

help me wrestlehut, i hate myself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Great American Bash '91

Uncensored '96

Halloween Havoc '97, the one whose main event was slammed by Cornette on Raw the next night

The last WWF PPV in '99, the one with Vince vs. HHH and Big Show vs. Bossman

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I feel really loving bad about this

Wrestlemania 32

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mania 32 and December to Dismember

Nobody will blame you for locking the thread and cancelling your sub after

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
We watched 32 live, I think. That was last year's?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

You can't go wrong (right?) with almost any WCW Uncensored but 2000 was pretty bad. Its the one with the Yappapi Strap Match.

I think it's SIN 2001 with Sid's gross injury, if you're in the mood for that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris James 2 posted:

December to Dismember

This one. It is a near unparalleled disaster.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
The Wrestling Classic. IMO this is the first true "PPV" WWF ever did and it involves a 16 man tournament, a WWF title match, AND they give away a car all in a sub 2 hour 30 minute PPV! How do they accomplish this? The answer might surprise you - but it involves the finals ending in a countout and the winner receiving nothing!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The 99 Royal Rumble is hideously dated and possibly the nadir of Russo's WWF run

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
New

BLOOD

RISING

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Benne posted:

The 99 Royal Rumble is hideously dated and possibly the nadir of Russo's WWF run

If that's the one with the 15 unprotected chairshots to Foley's head as his wife and kids look on you're mistaking it for the greatest example of WWE hubris and bloodsport

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Also both Mania 15 and 2000 are pretty loving dire. There are glimmers of hope but both have some garbage

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
gameshow nxt

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Season 3 NXT for peak agony.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Renaissance Spam posted:

Season 3 NXT for peak agony.

That was good for the commentary though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OldTennisCourt posted:

New

BLOOD

RISING

Seen it. Think that was the first one we ever watched

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Just about any episode of Prime Time Wrestling will have a combination of garbage jobber matches from Philly and MSG house shows combined with live-to-tape Heenan and Monsoon improv

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 15 days!)

December to Dismember 2006 or whatever year it was. The show that killed ECW Again For Good This Time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Great American Bash 2006, the PPV of elevated liver enzymes

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
brawl for all

wrestlemania 15 if you fastforward rock v austin

kennel from hell match from unforgiven '99

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wcw/nWo souled out ´97

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If single matches are allowed, watch the kennel from hell match at unforgiven 99 and HHH/Steiner from RR 2003

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'm having a hard time thinking of a match I less want to see again than the HHH/HBK hour long circle jerk from Bad Blood '04.

Sabu/Sandman from N2R '97 is another horrible match to watch as well.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

It's not on the network, but it is on youtube, so if you don't watch it, you're just making excuses-

The Heroes of Wrestling PPV

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

wcw/nWo souled out ´97

oh christ yeah

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mondays at 8 pm ET on USA Network

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

DoctorGonzo posted:

wcw/nWo souled out ´97

is that the first one because i've watched that

it's an interesting idea executed in the worst way possible

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

is that the first one because i've watched that

it's an interesting idea executed in the worst way possible

It was, yeah.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

In Your House 4, known for being so bad that after it went off the air, Vince threw a fit. King of the Rings 94 and 95 are also pretty infamous.

While December to Dismember deserves to be in this thread, I still feel that it's a completely watchable show in its own right. It's just a really weird show filled with bad decisions. It's like a Sunday Night Heat episode stretched into two hours with a main event that's fine if you can get past the roster and tone-deaf choice for winner.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Gavok posted:

In Your House 4, known for being so bad that after it went off the air, Vince threw a fit. King of the Rings 94 and 95 are also pretty infamous.

While December to Dismember deserves to be in this thread, I still feel that it's a completely watchable show in its own right. It's just a really weird show filled with bad decisions. It's like a Sunday Night Heat episode stretched into two hours with a main event that's fine if you can get past the roster and tone-deaf choice for winner.

I actually ordered D2D on PPV because I was really excited about Hardyz vs MNM and Extreme Elimination Chamber. It was a perfectly watchable show, however it should've been $20 instead of normal price. Like you said it's a fine show, just a weird one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait, how have none of us suggested TNA yet?

Victory Road 2011 is especially tragic

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

Wait, how have none of us suggested TNA yet?

Victory Road 2011 is especially tragic

He specified WWE Network available stuff only, if that wasn't the case this thread would be 99% TNA

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
review wcw thunder

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

C. Everett Koop posted:

review wcw thunder

Not on the network

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Summerslam 95 was pretty bad but it had a very good ladder rematch between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon.

I remember the early In Your House ppvs being dire too.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Numero6 posted:

Summerslam 95 was pretty bad but it had a very good ladder rematch between Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon.

I remember the early In Your House ppvs being dire too.

The early IYH were basically a precursor to what RAW would become

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IYHs were sometimes good because they had less awful undercard poo poo before the main event. Good Friends Better Enemies (Shawn/Diesel) and Mind Games (Shawn/Mankind) are the obvious ones.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Uncensored '95. The King of the Road match is must-see for bad wrestling ideas.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Not on the network

cancel your subscription then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

King of the Ring '95.

Two words (Spoilered for obvious reasons)

KING. MABLE.

• Locked thread