Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

They also released a pack, all the DLC characters and skins for $50, and what with all the Volition drama going on, I have to assume that means the end of AoM content, outside of maybe another patch or two down the line.

I grabbed it now during the Steam Sale for 32€ (-53%). I'm going in with low expectations, but hopefully I'll get some fun out of it!

I'll add my voice to everyone lamenting the lack of COOP though. I've played the Saint Row games with a friend (shoutout to IdolNinja for being a superstar making SR2 work at all on my PC) so it'll feel a bit empty without my buddy slapping me around with a huge dildo stick at the worst possible times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So, Safeword at level 40 with Legion tech is hilarious. Not only do her regular attacks begin stacking debuffs (which procs that huge +50% damage on enemies) and regenerating her shield, but she gets random buffs on a kill, makes a random enemy explode every 10 seconds, and has a very quick Mayhem recharge because all of this counts as "stylish" kills. She can't take much of a hit (about 3k health with 7k shield), but she doesn't need to at the rate she zips about.

I adore her. Also noticed she drinks Saints Flow as part of her idle animation. :allears:

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
If anyone cares this seems to be 75% off on Steam for the weekend.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So, uh, apparently this is going to be a really successful boardgame:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/agents-of-mayhem-pride-of-babylon

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Megazver posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/617871702/agents-of-mayhem-pride-of-babylon

You know what, good for them finding maybe an outlet to recoup some of their losses.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
So, looks like THQ Nordic has bought Koch Media and all its subsidiaries which includes Deep Silver.

https://www.dualshockers.com/thq-nordic-acquires-koch-media-deep-silver/

Though it says that THQ Nordic and Deep Silver will work individually and everything in the pipelines right now will continue like normal. A strange path the former THQ has taken I gotta say.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Darksiders and Saints Row crossover!

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Medullah posted:

...Dead Island Sequel that takes place in Stillwater.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
Now that Volition isn't working on AoM any more, they can get started on Red Faction Guerilla 2

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

gtrmp posted:

Now that Volition isn't working on AoM any more, they can get started on Red Faction Guerilla 2

Man, why you gotta remind me of the disappointment Armageddon was?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Though it says that THQ Nordic and Deep Silver will work individually and everything in the pipelines right now will continue like normal. A strange path the former THQ has taken I gotta say.

Well, I mean it's working out okay for Sega and Atlus, so why buck the trend?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

gtrmp posted:

Does this mean they have access to Geo-Mod again?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

dont be mean to me posted:

Does this mean they have access to Geo-Mod again?

I believe they never lost access to it. You just didn't see it in Saints Row because the building density and structure they had in Guerilla was the limit of the system as currently made.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

tribbledirigible posted:

Man, why you gotta remind me of the disappointment Armageddon was?

Don't worry, Red Faction: Guerrilla still owns and runs extremely well on modern hardware.

If anyone's jonesing for some simple, crazy open-world destruction fun then I implore you to give that game a reinstall and have a great time holding out in bases as they fall apart around you. Still a genuinely great time.

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Medullah posted:

So, in other words, what happens when the Boss realizes they were left out of the Retcon ending of Gat out of Hell?

Joking aside, I'm hoping this is a good thing, if only because I do love me both Darksiders and Saints Row, and if the merger does well, then fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

Megazver posted:

Seems like a lot of setup, but ultimately kind of fun.

They should make a video game version!

• Locked thread